PDA

View Full Version : Do you get emotionlly attatched to your Pokemon?

Animehero
April 12th, 2007, 01:50 AM
People at my school think it's weird to befriend your pokemon on your video games. I don't. Come here to tell about it, expect no laughs.

goofy_charizard_girl
April 12th, 2007, 03:45 AM
I guess, a little, but just to some pokemon. I remeber I did get attached to Blaziken in Ruby and to Grudon too. But the attachement wasn't that strong really. Like, when I finished the game and my bro restarted it, I wasn't sad or sth because I lost all pkmn.

Alter Ego
April 12th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Uhh...befriend? o.O Sorry, but I'm a bit too much of a cynic to bond with a bunch of data in a little handheld console. I mean sure, I'm sort of attached to the pokémon on my team and certainly wouldn't want to trade them but only because they're the result of hour upon hour of hard work in training and whatnot which I don't want to give up on. So nope, I wouldn't really say emotionally attached. xP

Ichida
April 12th, 2007, 09:50 AM
If one of my Pokemon falls in battle, I just let out a hilarious "Nuuuuuu!!"

So I guess you could say I value them. Took me long enough to train them properly. Anything you spend THAT much time with, you tend to attach to.

dragon 122
April 12th, 2007, 10:09 AM
if a catch a pokemon that looks like a friend i give the name of a friend
like my clasmate is fat so if catch a snorlax i will it nick(actualy itj just bullying cuz he is not my friend)
so yes emotionally yes

Neko
April 12th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Sometimes I do, though not too much. I know they're just little pieces of data, but sometimes I just can't help it lol.

I don't get really (obsessively) attached though. Just a little..

Originally posted by Alter Ego
Uhh...befriend? o.O Sorry, but I'm a bit too much of a cynic to bond with a bunch of data in a little handheld console. I mean sure, I'm sort of attached to the pokémon on my team and certainly wouldn't want to trade them but only because they're the result of hour upon hour of hard work in training and whatnot which I don't want to give up on. So nope, I wouldn't really say emotionally attached. xP

Ooo, so does that mean I can repeat this to you next time you "fall in love with", lets say, ink and a piece of paper, orrr how about a tv screen? :P Nah, j/k j/k rofl. I know it's different anyways...I think. lol

LawLessChaoz
April 12th, 2007, 10:59 AM
They make me cry. When they are mean too me.

Rai
April 12th, 2007, 11:32 AM
It depends for me. I know they are just data... But I never like restarting my games! I am always like "Nooo, I don't want to erase my hard work and my percious pokemon!"

Animehero
April 12th, 2007, 11:35 AM
On Yellow my Pikachu is my best fwind! (joke)

Lunux
April 12th, 2007, 11:43 AM
bonded yes but emotionally bonded no. i feel a tie to the game and pokemon, like i wouldn't want it to be erased on me, but i won't cry if my pokemon faints or something. i don't find the emotional attachment to a hand held video-game to be overly obsessive but it can get a little far. i don't.

Astinus
April 12th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Sometimes I do. It's fun to watch me play FireRed, especially during breaks between classes. I cheer on my Pokemon. I have one in the game that reminds me a lot of my best friend, so I'm very attached to that one.

That's the way that I am. I would blame my over-active imagination. I've always been like that.

Kayota
April 12th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I'm very attached to my Haunter. I have plans, if I ever decide to restart the game, to move him to one of my other games (I have like 3 gameboys) so I can transfer him back to Crystal.

Animehero
April 12th, 2007, 01:59 PM
I cheer my pokemon on as well. Like when my Blaziken or other pokemon is confused, or infatuated, I shout outloud, "Come on! Break out of it, you can do it! Remember all we've been through!" It's accidentle but I do it anyway.

Shorty
April 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Well, sometimes my heart sinks when one of my pokemon faints but I doubt u could call me emotionally attached for that. I'm more saddened that I suck at the game than I am that my pokemon got beat up. XD

I would probably be a villain if I lived in the pokemon world. XD

mrplanters
April 12th, 2007, 02:11 PM
They make me cry. When they are mean too me.

Lol this made me laugh. And as for me getting attached to them, of course I don't! Normally I just beat the game. Then when i'm done I say "The hell with these pokemon!" and start a new file.

Jaybob
April 12th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Lol I have a vulpix on mine and I love my little Vulpix XD

I'd scream at the opponent for killing my precious Vulpix. :p

ChrisG14
April 12th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I'm not attached to them. I've grown dependent of my old Sceptile(Shikamaru) and Gardivaur(Sakura) and my old reliable Crawdaunt (Kenny), but I don't love them or anything like that.

Shorty
April 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Lol this made me laugh. And as for me getting attached to them, of course I don't! Normally I just beat the game. Then when i'm done I say "The hell with these pokemon!" and start a new file.

LOL that's pretty mean, even if they aren't real. XD They helped u get that far in that game and then u just throw them away for new ones? n i thought i was mean. :P

_Prince_
April 12th, 2007, 02:30 PM
LOL that's pretty mean, even if they aren't real. XD They helped u get that far in that game and then u just throw them away for new ones? n i thought i was mean. :P

You are mean, remember you scared that rat off. XDD

Yeah I'm close to my pokemon, everyone is, if they worked hard putting those EV's in to their pokemon.

acrof
April 12th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Uh, not emotionally, but yes I like my pokes very much.
I always used my Typhlosion (Burninsoul) in my Silver version, and
when I found that I couldn´t trade him to R/S/E and Fr/Lg I was very sad, but I know it´s just data.
Result?
I got my unbeatable Typhlosion in my GBA version, named it Burninsoul and continued to play, I don´t cry or something like that, but I do cheer them. XD

mrplanters
April 12th, 2007, 02:56 PM

Well now I feel liked. Hey I didn't say I hated them, but I'm just not attached to them. Sure if it was a shiny I would keep it but normally for a regular pokemon I just erase them when I start a new file. Sometimes I transfer my team poke's to my sapphire version. I like them as much as, "Oh you look cool" or "Your a good battler" But really nothing more than that. Me and my pokemon aren't friends, we don't connect.

Mr.Altosax
April 12th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I did get attached to my Typhlosion and Lugia on Gold Version. They're the only pokemon I've gotten to lvl. 100, and it was heartbreaking when I started up my game to finish off the rest of the pokemon I hadn't caught to only see
NEW GAME
OPTIONS

Rai
April 12th, 2007, 07:05 PM
The same thing happened to me! In my Gold I had a lv. 90 Typholsion and one day when I turned on my gameboy... My game has been completely erased! I was like "Nooooooooo ;_______;" It is very disapointed when the pokemon you work hard for get erased D;

Reg teh Yoshi
April 12th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I guess so, since I teared up when Tom, my prized Kyogre, in Pokémon Colosseum was deleted in A Memory Card corruption, which oddly enough on an unrelated note, my SSBM file survived.

I still miss him...I guess I do get emotionally attached to mah Poké's

Melody
April 12th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I am rather attached to all my pokemon. It is like a Jedi Battle Meld in a way...
I dont mourn over them if they faint but If i lose them Forever i feel empty for a few days...

To love Your Pokemon is not silly and it isnt something you should hide. It is the mark of a good trainer and of compassion for others...

GeorgeWBushSupporter
April 12th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Do you get emotionlly attatched to your Pokemon?

Those pixels on my game boy are more than friends to me. They are family. When there are family reuinions, I charge my Nintendo DS so it can be bright and people can see our whole family.

They are very important creatures to me, and I don't know what I would do without them.

Melody
April 12th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Those pixels on my game boy are more than friends to me. They are family. When there are family reuinions, I charge my Nintendo DS so it can be bright and people can see our whole family.

They are very important creatures to me, and I don't know what I would do without them.
Indeed. they are Important members of you family and they should be paraded as such. There is no shame in being proud of your pokemon just dont let it go to your head or you may succomb to evil...

Always and Never
April 12th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I had this awesome Larvitar that would never evolve. Him and I were the best of friends. He was effing level 80 and he wouldn't evolve. Of course, I didn't have the national dex so no evolution for me. I thought he had his own personality :(

But my pokemon are my best friends. From my Gardevoir to my Altaria they're all special to me and I love them.

*goes into hiding with two years of food, charger, and gameboy*

Melody
April 12th, 2007, 10:21 PM
:D that is Great! I feel the same way about my pokemon. We communicate even when the game is off...what's that swampy?...oh Swampert says hi.

CHaRiSMa
April 12th, 2007, 11:19 PM
I'm not attached to them. I've grown dependent of my old Sceptile(Shikamaru) and Gardivaur(Sakura) and my old reliable Crawdaunt (Kenny), but I don't love them or anything like that.

Haha, interesting names, I like them XD

Well first of all I hardly ever play pkmn games. That's coz I don't own any (nor gameboy or computer) :((((((( If I do play them, I play the gameboy game ruby or firered which goofy_charizard_girl's little brother has. So I can't really say I get attached to the pkmn in the game since I play it so rarely. But if I did own a pkmn game, then I guess I would be attached in a way. I mean I would prolly be sad or angry if my pkmn lost and I would be really proud of my pkmn if they won.. but when I would end the game and restart it I prolly wouldn't have any hard feelings to delete my pkmn. I mean it's just a chance to catch new pkmn and train them :P

Animehero
April 13th, 2007, 01:42 AM
I hear you all! I didn't think anyone would understand! My pokemon are family as well. But only my bro feels the same.

Shorty
April 13th, 2007, 05:05 AM
You are mean, remember you scared that rat off. XDD

More like it scared me off. Who's side are u on anyway!? XD if u saw that monster u would've screamed for your life too trust me! With that said i could prolly never be emotionally attached to a ratatta >_<

Hideki~kun
April 13th, 2007, 05:15 AM
I'm have nightmares of my Emerald file getting deleted in 'em I'l like 'NOOO, MY UMBREON!!! MY FIRST LV100!!!' 0___o I can't reset games, cuz' when I do, even if I've traded the Pokémon over I look at the OT and I'm like 'I'm sorry you've lost your OT', xD My Pocket Monsters are like my babies, xD

acrof
April 13th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I don´t get attached to them in the games, because it´s just data.
But if they were real, they would surely be great friends of mine, and I must say that with my intermediate drawing skills I draw my team over and over, playing with me, or battling, it really cool!
Once i did me and my Typhlosion (Burninsoul) beating the E4, me and my Salamance (Menance) battling against other trainers, etc, and I love to do that, some times they look real to me. ^^

BUT, SADLY, they aren´t real so my real pet-like friend is my dog! XD

Elmo's Fabric Of Time!!
April 13th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Yes. I just love my Absol like crazy. I mean, gosh, it is my first professionally trained pokemon, plus I maxed out it's happiness. But then, well, I had to trade it to my LeafGreen because I started to hate Emerald. So, its happiness was reset back to 70. Gah it sucks.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 13th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Yea I get attached only to my favorite Pokemon

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Melody
April 13th, 2007, 10:19 PM
We communicate even when the game is off...what's that swampy?...oh Swampert says hi.
I hear you all! I didn't think anyone would understand! My pokemon are family as well. But only my bro feels the same.
I see my pokemon as part of my family. But in a passive way. I show them off to anyone who cares about pokemon...I dont want to show them to someone who desnt appreciate them. My swampert gets depressed when ppl say pokemon suck and that just makes my day go sour...
I'm have nightmares of my Emerald file getting deleted in 'em I'l like 'NOOO, MY UMBREON!!! MY FIRST LV100!!!' 0___o I can't reset games, cuz' when I do, even if I've traded the Pokémon over I look at the OT and I'm like 'I'm sorry you've lost your OT', xD My Pocket Monsters are like my babies, xD
I cloned my family on emerald. They will survive such a data disaster because i sent a clone of each one to my Pokemon XD Game. While they are cloned they are one. only when i lose every copy of a pokemon do i truly lose him/her...

Hideki~kun
April 14th, 2007, 03:23 AM
I once cloned my Umbreon... Twice.
It felt wrong though, so I dumped the other two in the box (I think, I hope) and kept my original in my party xD.

Crimson Arcanine
April 14th, 2007, 04:12 AM
I get very attracted to my pokemon on my gameboy. Sometimes its feels like the spirits of my deleted teams are still around. Its like nearly every good pokemon I train is a part of my soul or something.

chrome_angel
April 14th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I get very attracted to my pokemon on my gameboy. Sometimes its feels like the spirits of my deleted teams are still around. Its like nearly every good pokemon I train is a part of my soul or something.

I feel the same way about my team. i sit there for like 5 min. on my PC having a hard time depositing one of my team members. i actually cried one time because i had start over my game.

羨望
April 14th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Yes,I do get emotionally attached to my Pokemon but not all of them just my Blaziken,Alteria and my Absol.The others i just get attached since i din,t spend that much time training them but i still love them with my all.

Me too,I feel For my deleted Typlosion >:

Cross
April 14th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Ohoh my god! xDDDD

Becoming emotionally attached to pixels?!?!

ROFFLE WAFFLE!!
No. I don't get emotionally attached to anything physical except friends, girls, weights, my camera and hair. xDDDD

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 14th, 2007, 01:01 PM
YEah, i am close to my pokemon, specially the ones i play a lot with :) As my Charizard and Typhlosion :)

Star Girl
April 17th, 2007, 06:06 AM
I do have a tendency to get emotionally ettached to my Pokemon.

I love my entire LeafGreen team to bits, especially my Raichu and Vaporeon. Which is strange because I am a huge fan of fire-type Pokemon.

Also I love my Flygon on Emerald, mostly due to the fact it was the first time I had taken the time to raise a Dragon-type Pokemon during the course of the storyline (I usually wait until after to work with Dragon-types and mostly to complete my Pokedex).

Melody
April 17th, 2007, 11:02 PM
I do feel the spirit of my deleted Feraligatr whom was lovingly Nicknamed "Master Cho"...His legacy lives on forever...he was the first pokemon i ever got attached to...i miss him...
It hurt me to sell my pokemon Gold game but i could still communicate with him ...until he was deleted by the next owner of the game pak...I knew the moment he was deleted that he was gone...Luckily he had a son i had stored on silver which i didnt trade away until i moved all my good pokemon to Crystal. I was sad when i lost crystal...

Animehero
April 18th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Ohoh my god! xDDDD

ROFFLE WAFFLE!!
No. I don't get emotionally attached to anything physical except friends, girls, weights, my camera and hair. xDDDD
You sound like a good 'ol *****.

Melody
April 18th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Ohoh my god! xDDDD

ROFFLE WAFFLE!!
You sound like a good 'ol *****.
I agree but be careful how you reply next time...the mods wont like it if you start a flame war...

Soogz
April 18th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I mean I don't know about attached, but I keep them close... They are good virtual pals so-to-speak.

Zorua
April 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM
In all honesty, yes I'm somewhat emotionally attached to my pokemon. I just don't know why. I have that loving feeling sometimes for everything and everyone.

~Misty~
April 18th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Honestly, I really get attached to them. Like my Mew my bro got, I still go back to my Red version to see it!

I feel as though my Vulpix is sitting on my lap right now!

I wish Pokemon went beyond pixels!

Empass
April 18th, 2007, 06:21 PM
I mean if I had Nintendo Dogs, then probably I may be a little attached to them but for Pokemon... no. I mean, I probably showed an attachment with pikachu in Pokemon Yellow only because you could see his emotions but for the later Pokemon versions.. I mean, common we can't even see what their emotions are with a press of a button. We have to go through other menus and that's not very cool.
I just like the storyline... -_-;;

Melody
April 18th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Honestly, I really get attached to them. Like my Mew my bro got, I still go back to my Red version to see it!

I feel as though my Vulpix is sitting on my lap right now!

I wish Pokemon went beyond pixels!
Me too!
If Pokemon actually Existed We would be the ppl in the Pokemon Centers helping to keep them healthy or That trainer on the road who Pwns all with his best buddy (insert Pokemon here) or that one coordinator who wins all the contests with their Pokemon because they are raised with such loving care....

Drew
April 18th, 2007, 07:08 PM
... >> Yes... I love my Arcanine... and my Pika. <3

xD I do. Once I have them long enough I actually start caring about them.
Or most of them anyway.

Legendary Squirtle
April 20th, 2007, 04:51 AM
I don't get attached to them, but I do feel sad when I have to restart my game and when I have to deposit one of them for a short period of time. (espesially my lvl 50 Squirtle in Fire Red).

Spirit Rubi
April 20th, 2007, 05:08 AM
I always have gotten attached to my Pokemon, ever since I was little. X3

Specially the ones on my Crystal. I sadly don't use them a lot now though since I can't transfer them. ; _ ;

Though one day I'll train the team I have on Crystal again in D/P. Even though it won't be the same it's close enough... I'll think of them as reincarnations. 8D I will never forget the originals though... they will always be very close to me. ^ _ ^

RYOUKI
April 23rd, 2007, 09:02 PM
yes i'm emotionaly attached to my pokemon especially my starter and gardevoir
i dunno why gardevoir but i'm really attached to it
i feel sad when i have to restart the game though

FlyingLetters
April 25th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Once my Pokemon dies, a part of me dies

I have never been "emotionally attached" to my Pokemon. I don't really get SUPER SERIOUS on a game...Well... Sometimes :D

Ichiro Miyamoto
April 28th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Somewhat, because I play the games a lot. It annoys me when one of my stronger Pokemon is taken out when facing the Elite Four

yaminokaitou
May 8th, 2007, 01:28 PM
I get attached to my pokemon. I don't mourn when they faint or anything, but I do take pride in their strength and abilities. I also get attached to specific pokemon. I never really refer to them as 'the pokemon', they're always 'my pokemon'. Dunno if I'd consider myself emotionally attached, though I did mourn the death of my pokemon gold game for days keeping a stiff upper lip and promising to get them all over again in pearl (if that's possible).

You can see their emotions if you go to Mr. Footsteps by the beach. ^^

Athena
May 8th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah I get attached in the same sense as a lot of people here, I'd be sad if I lost their data. Sometimes I really work hard in leveling and 'loving' a pokemon (like eevee into espeon it takes love and hard work!) so I still remember the name and everything I gave that pokemon in Silver... My that was a long time. xD!

Typhoon
May 8th, 2007, 10:46 PM
I kinda do get attached.

Here's why:
-If I cloned a pokemon, I'd HAVE to keep the original one in my party, cuz we grew up together.
-I feel bad having more than 6 main pokemon, cuz that means that some of my favorites have to spend their time in the "box" at the pokemon center.
-If I were to train the eevees, I'd have to train them all at the same time, cuz for me, they're supposed to be septuplets ideally.

Rivvon
May 9th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't say I get super-attached, but I do get attached. My Lucario is my friend, and I feel as though it takes care of my baby Riolu. I always think of Swampert as though he watches over me. I know I'm weird, but my friends think that way, too... >.> It must be because they're creatures, and not, like, weird random things. Thought is put into them. I play the games as if the main character really is me, and I'm really going around beating people up (well, maybe not beating people up...) with my Pokemon. It's kind of hard to explain, but I think about my Pokemon as though they're real, and it's hard not to get attached to something if you think of them as being "real."

The_Pink_One
May 12th, 2007, 05:37 PM
It depends for me. I know they are just data... But I never like restarting my games! I am always like "Nooo, I don't want to erase my hard work and my percious pokemon!"

Yea, I agree! I'm the same way XD.

=D =D =D

Law07
May 14th, 2007, 08:04 AM
No.......

Dude, maybe if your like 5-10 and cry about your Pidgey being released from your PC...its only a video game >.>

Amanda
May 14th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I hate to admit it since it's just data but I DO get quite attached to my usual team so it's hard to use different Pokemon if I like the ones I have too much.

DarkDragonite12
May 14th, 2007, 03:36 PM
No.......

Dude, maybe if your like 5-10 and cry about your Pidgey being released from your PC...its only a video game >.>Lmao.

Nah, but as much as I do like Pokemon, "emotionally attached" is not a word to be proud of(unless your Under 10). It IS just "data". Pokemon should just be something to do for fun, not taken as a life/death matter.

Typhoon
May 14th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah, fortunately, I don't think anyone claimed it to be a life or death matter.

Emotionally attached isn't anything to be ashamed of, but it ranges from "hehe that's cute" to "omg no no NO NO! Don't faint! NO!!! I'm so sorry! Are you okay? I'm SO SORRY! Come back!"

I saw that a pokemon I didn't use still had two hearts for me. That made me feel a little guilty, since I replaced it a long time ago with another pokemon.

CowFreak5
May 14th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I'm not attached to my Pokemon in the way that I mourn when one of them faint, but I do get a bit too emotionally attached... I would never restart a game with one of my Lv 100's in it.

I tend to be proud of the Pokemon I use to beat the games, and I can't help but feel the same way about all my Lv 100's, because it takes so long to train them!!

And because I love the Pokemon I use so much, I end up with a bunch of really weak Lv 100's that I can't bear to replace with something stronger.

Drew
May 14th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I now have an attachment to my Staravia and Luxio on Pearl..
They're my babies. xD

But I'm weird, because I normally only get attached to a few of my party Pokemon, and not all of them. oO;

Amanda
May 14th, 2007, 07:21 PM
No.......

Dude, maybe if your like 5-10 and cry about your Pidgey being released from your PC...its only a video game >.>

Dude I'm like 16 and I still like my Pokemon. Being a little attached doesn't necessarily mean things like that. >_>

Charaxes
May 15th, 2007, 08:20 PM
A few. Like my Blue Omastar, until I lost it in a glitch. I still feel sorrow for that. I've since remade it, but it isn't the same.

I definitely feel with my best G/S ones, as I can't transfer them anywhere. Stupid, stupid Nintendo.

DragronWarroir2000x
May 16th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I love my PIKACHU!! My friends call me GAY but I don't think it's gay.

bmah
May 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM
OMG I'm back!

Anyways, I don't take Pokemon too seriously, but sometimes I wish they were real so that I could become attached to them as much as I would with a good friend. Otherwise, they're just pixels to me.

Xylitol
May 19th, 2007, 03:43 AM
How can you not get attached to those little lumps of pixels and data? :P

Jokes aside, I do. To the extent that I haven't restarted a pokemon game after I've got it since Crystal, because I don't want to lose my straters and whatnot. ;-;

Yoshistar64
May 19th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Sadly, I do get attached. Especially with my Ampharos and Ditto back in my very young days. I would be tempted to cry when they fainted back then. Nowadays, when my Starly or Turtwig dies, I feel an inclination to scream "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
When I put one of my dominant Pokemon in the PC, I start to feel sad... It's like, "Okay, Ampharos, come out!" but there is no Ampharos. My buddy's in the PC....

OverTheBelow
May 19th, 2007, 06:37 AM

shinygold fan
May 23rd, 2007, 07:08 PM
me personly don't get attached to them im just bummed that i lost my lg with scter and kangashkahn for kanto dex (i even had mew
from the toys r us event )
one of my friends literly beats elite 4 or 5 trades all pokes over and restarts finishes (gets to the lite 4 in 2-3 days)

DragronWarroir2000x
May 23rd, 2007, 10:24 PM
This might be the saddest thread I've ever seen.

bmah
May 23rd, 2007, 11:16 PM
Well that shows how much a game can influence you.

Sylux
May 24th, 2007, 02:55 AM
No, but my friend does. He thinks his plushes are actually living creatures.

DragronWarroir2000x
May 24th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Well that shows how much a game can influence you.

More like how immature little kids can be easily influenced.

KFOX
May 24th, 2007, 07:21 AM
My pokemon actually have sort of changed the way I look at life. I spend a lot of time training them and to see them accomplish something big like winning a Battle Frontier badge. It makes you feel one of the greatest feelings ever, like becoming a father.

BlackDragonite
May 24th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I really like my pokémon, especially my starter.
If they are confused i think: Maaaaaaan, you can´t hurt yourself, YOURE THE MAN!!!
And of course there are my favourite pokémon like Abra, Dragonite and so on...
I like them^^

Melody
May 24th, 2007, 02:03 PM
This might be the saddest thread I've ever seen.
Please refrain from using snide remarks...If you start a flame war then the mods wont be too happy with you....I know that you are trying to express a valid opinion but...this kind of remark only makes people angry and want to flame you back...If you dont like this thread then just dont post here...*reports*

Back on topic now....
I love my pokemon...They are as much a part of me as they are a part of the game...
Pokemon do go beyond just Pixels and Binary code...They are a valuable tool for teaching problem soving skills and they are 100% kid friendly...that means you dont have to hide your pokemon game from your li'l brother...XD
I aways get sad whenever I lose a pokemon that I love...
As far as cloning...I see no difference between the original and the clone...they are but 1 entity inside of my heart anyways....5 swampy the swamperts=Swampy.
IMO cloned pokemon are simply extentions of the original pokemon that you know and love...

shinygold fan
May 24th, 2007, 03:34 PM
they are 100% kid friendly...that means you dont have to hide your pokemon game from your li'l brother...XD
[/QUOTE]

how true some times i hide his game from him tough :)

Gokey Shuckle
May 24th, 2007, 10:43 PM
More like how immature little kids can be easily influenced.

Yes, because we all know SPAMMing a topic and flaming nearly all the users inside of it is a lot more mature. Nice one!

;/

Please do stop. I don't want to have to close this thread.

I don't get emotionally attached to Pokemon, but I do love my Shuckles to death.

IChooseUPikachu
May 26th, 2007, 06:40 AM
If one of my Pokemon falls in battle, I just let out a hilarious "Nuuuuuu!!"

Yeah, pretty much.

But that's because I get frustrated when I lose. =) I'm not emotionally attached (or maybe just a little), I just can't stand having to repeat a battle because my pokemon weren't strong enough to handle it the first time. If I've worked extremely hard to win something and I black out... Yeah, I get upset. I get frustrated and throw the game. Especially if it was like, my fifth try.

But no, not emotionally attached at all. O_o

TwilightBlade
May 26th, 2007, 02:02 PM
I do all of the time. XD A lost my Gold once and I cried so much but my dad found it under my bed lol. And I still love all of my pokemon to this day. I traded all 200 of my pokemon from firered to emerald just to do a new game. Kinda unhealthy really... But meh, I don't have anything else to do.

Elite 4 Sam
May 26th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I do. Especially w/ my Zangoose and Seviper!

Animehero
May 27th, 2007, 06:19 AM
I love my Kyogre. I actually find myself talking to the gameboy. Like when he gets confused, I just shout..
'C'MONNN! GO ON KYOGIE! J00 CAN DO IT!'
:P
Strangely enough, I do the exact same thing.:laugh:

hiis5
May 28th, 2007, 01:35 PM
I am really attached to my pokemon like this one time it was a whole year since i had my beloved pikachu on my yellow and to celebrate i got a cupcake and put one candle in the middle, then i got my pikachu plushie and started singin happy b'day! Two months later a glitch mucked up my game and i lost ALL my pokemon including my dear pikachu :( I was sulking 4 a week after dat:(

Sprite
May 29th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I'm attached to my Leafeon in Diamond.
I make sure that after every battle, its always healthy.
I also love entering it in contests. ^_^

Raichu Guardian
May 29th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Well I do have a tendacy when using my favorite pokemon Meowth to have a spasm of how awesome my Meowth is and talk like dub Meowth from the anime. o.o

Warheart
May 29th, 2007, 07:23 PM
No, I don't get attached. I mean, I'd be upset if I lost a pokemon I used, because I would look at it as hours of my life lost into leveling that pokemon up.

Oh, except My Nidoking and Crobat I love them both...so very much...

Phanima
May 30th, 2007, 12:55 AM
I don't exactly get attached to my Pokemon emotionally, but I do favour and hold my team of six in higher respect then amongst the rest. It's impossible for me to start a game with all six of my favourites, but by the end of the game, it always ends the same way. Dragonair, Elekid, Medicham, Wishcash, Wailord and Slakoth will always be my favourites and I love them a lot. :3 Just not emotionally...

Juliette♥
May 30th, 2007, 03:53 AM
Of course. o-o My favourite partners are my Dragonair, Charizard and Vaporeon from LeafGreen. -sniff- There's a lot of love there. ;3

Also, my Nidoqueen and Aerodactyl are quite special.

Chibi Commander Sakuma
June 1st, 2007, 10:56 AM
Of course! I mean, how can you play the game for who-knows-how-many-years and not get attached to at least one? I've always loved my Alakazams. They were very similar to Sabrina's, and that Pokemon could've been my father. And Lucario....well, you know what I think about Lucario, na-no-da. XD

Vulpix-trainer K
June 2nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
I always get emotionally attached to my Pokemon. XD
I think it's rather normal, if you're a fan at least. It's not really an obession in my case either, it's more like I really like them and try to make 'em win, (also heal them instantly.)

But for further information I don't get really EMOTIONALLY attached to all of my pokemon, the one I get always attached to is Ninetales or Vulpix, further it depends on the situations I've been trough with them.

Bishopk
June 2nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
I most definitely get emotionally attached.
I had a pair of Salamence from which i bred Bagon, and when my game was stolen, i cried a while. that's why, when i bought a new game, i got pearl :)

Demonfang64
June 6th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Um... Ok... I'm gonna slowly back away...

shinygold fan
June 7th, 2007, 01:29 PM
well i got over being sad about losing my game and mew (manliy because my bro has 1 and my friend cloned them)
soo i got over it and got mystery dungeon red

Clow
June 11th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Well kind of, I like to look at the Nature and think up personalities for them, but to be honest, this is kind of for a RPing aspect, and I try to avoid fainting, and them getting mad at me, in a sense (But when I have to use Roots near the beginning, and my first go at the Elite four, they have to suck it up XD.) I thinking Pokemon would be better if they added a virtual pet option to the game, like Hey You Pikachu, but refined, grooming, feeding, letting them out of the ball, that kind of thing X3.

Tatiana.C
June 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I am very attached to my team , that I made ,I am currently trying to make that team in my diamond game,I think it is more then ok to be attached to your pokemon.

Tatiana.C
June 12th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Well kind of, I like to look at the Nature and think up personalities for them, but to be honest, this is kind of for a RPing aspect, and I try to avoid fainting, and them getting mad at me, in a sense (But when I have to use Roots near the beginning, and my first go at the Elite four, they have to suck it up XD.) I thinking Pokemon would be better if they added a virtual pet option to the game, like Hey You Pikachu, but refined, grooming, feeding, letting them out of the ball, that kind of thing X3.

I have always thought it would be awsome for a game like that to come out ,It would be sooo cool.

Sr E
June 16th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I've only ever been emotionally attached to my original team from Gold Version. It had a Typhlosion, Umbreon, Gyarados (I think), Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Mewtwo.
In retrospect, though, my team was horribly unbalanced, consisted of Legendaries, and their movesets did not take advantage of their stats. Still, I was quite heartbroken when the internal battery died last year, and although I fixed it, no team will ever be able to replace my first team.

iCE CUBE
June 17th, 2007, 01:41 AM
My friend does and i think its a bit weird.