PDA

View Full Version : Series Popularity

karl 557
April 12th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Over the years pokemon has lost alot of popularity but why do you think this has happened.

I think a lot of peaple left pokemon after the jhoto series but why do you think people are leaving?

Do you think it is because of the characters being taken out and then add new characters in.

Or the storylines are getting boring and reperitive?

Or do you think its because peopl are getting fed up of seeing the same thing happen?

Tell me your thoughts i personally think its because they got rid of misty and added may and max, i think a lot of people were shocked and i think the new charcters stink :<.I loved the jhotos but after that i thought it went downhill from there!

Drew
April 12th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I actually stopped watching it for alittle over a year when the Johto episodes originally aired, because they didn't catch my interest... but towards the end of Master Quest I suddenly got pulled back in... And I've heard alot of people say that they stopped watching at Johto because it wasn't as good.

Then after that they never gave it another chance. So I think Johto was partially to blame.

Actually from what I saw it was alittle bit of everything... people grew out of it, lost interest, disliked the new characters/Pokemon, suddenly found it boring, or thought it finally got too long and stopped following it.

Still, I think its awesome that its still as popular as it is. I mean, it hasn't slowed down at all in the way of Pokemon-related things releasing all the time.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
April 12th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Do you think it is because of the characters being taken out and then add new characters in.Yes, that was the main reason I stopped watching. I watched until the episode Max was first introduced, and immediately had an extreme hatred of him. I just couldn't watch after that. I haven't watched very many episodes since.

Or the storylines are getting boring and reperitive?I think that was a big problem in the Hoenn episodes, though people only complain about Johto and it's abundance of fillers. IMO, the Johto fillers were actually entertaining, and some were somewhat original, like when Ash turned into a Pikachu, and there's that one with Ho-oh, etc. In Hoenn, they were all like(the few I watched), exactly the same. Just a different Pokemon each time. And the constant training to learn new attacks got old pretty fast. I seriously don't want to see Ash training his pokemon. That isn't fun to watch. The Gym battles I saw were kinda dull, too. Not that Johto's weren't, but they seemed a little more exciting.

I think people are just impatient. Kanto was rushed through in one season, so after that they expected few filler episodes.

Frostweaver
April 12th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Oh, I'll even move up to say Orange Islands... I had to grudge and force myself to watch it. Johto bombed and I just ended right there.

The plot is to blame really... it's the same thing over and over again, including Kanto itself (together with Johto and Hoenn). However, to Kanto, it's new. To all the other regions, it's not. It's always meet a new Pokemon with a new trainer, TR shows up to try to steal new pokemon in the meantime, and then Satoshi+co stops TR and solves the new trainer's problem... yeah =/

Formulated equations, little to no character development... it leaves little to desire. Remember that just because Satoshi+co isn't moving on to capture new Pokemon/new gym/new contest, that doesn't mean that the episode has to be a filler... but just so much of nothing happens in them, ugh. It's not even funny either most of the time.

Jorah
April 13th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Most people stopped watching in Johto. I stopped watching in early Johto because I got bored of the endless fillers. I got back into Pokemon last year by watching some new Advanced Battle episodes, so I went through and watched most of the Advanced series episodes to catch up.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 13th, 2007, 06:54 PM
yea i did get kind of bored watching the johto season, but i never stopped watching it one bit. but once the end of the johto season was done, i wasn't bored anymore

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~