PDA

View Full Version : Male Gender of the Human specie - The last of us

DarkPegasus
April 13th, 2007, 03:09 AM
I read in a magazine that the human kind will become extinct in about 125 thousand years or in 5000 generations. The reason for this is very simple. The males. More accurately the Y chromosome. When the first male "evolved" from the female of or species the Y chromosome had 1438 genes, the same as X chromosome. The SRY trigger gene was also on of the products of this evolution. In order to preserve the SRY gene Y chromosome had to protect itself from the X chromosome. So that no recombination could occur. This preserved the SRY chromosome, but because the Y chromosome could not repair itself (it is the only chromosome that doesn't have a pair) it started deteriorating. The estimated number of the genes is 20 - 45. But luckily for us during the sequencing of the Y chromosome there were 78 genes. So the deterioration is not as was as it was thought. This is attributed to the new method that the Y chromosome created, "the inverse replication". In the DNA one Y chromosome would make two copies of itself one normal, and one inversed so they could recombine. But even with this not all genes get it's pair, only the most essential ones. Some scientists believe that the deterioration of the Y chromosome has stopped, while others hope that evolution is going to come up with a new way, without the SRY gene, of creating males among our species. Or that the future scientist will find a way to stop the process of deterioration.

What are you thoughts on this?

Hakeen
April 13th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Uh..I lost you on the fourth or fifth sentence. Anyway, I'm happy I'm a female..And now I understand why guys secretly just love furry animals~

DarkPegasus
April 13th, 2007, 05:50 AM
O_O I don't see the relevance... Everybody likes furry animals... Because only mammals (maybe some other vertebrata too) have fur, and they are the closest ones to us, genetically.

Kura
April 13th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I actually find that pretty fascinating. I think by then, though, humans come up with a way of cloning cells or Y-chromosomes effectively so that males do not die out.

What magazine did you read that in, by the way? I'm quite interested!:3

Legacy
April 13th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Man, time is running out. I better start reproducing while I still have the chance.

DarkPegasus
April 13th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Man, time is running out. I better start reproducing while I still have the chance.

XD

I actually find that pretty fascinating. I think by then, though, humans come up with a way of cloning cells or Y-chromosomes effectively so that males do not die out.

What magazine did you read that in, by the way? I'm quite interested!:3

It's called "Politikin Zabavnik". It's on my native language so it wouldn't help you much... But I am sure that there are some sites on witch you can read about this.

bgt
April 13th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Lol. I won't be around for it anyways, so its not like I care. Ahaha.

Hakeen
April 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM
O_O I don't see the relevance... Everybody likes furry animals... Because only mammals (maybe some other vertebrata too) have fur, and they are the closest ones to us, genetically.

The relevance is that..I didn't know males genes came from females, so yeah..

Cross
April 13th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Roffle!
Did you read this out of the magazine distribution with "300 Pound Baby Born" and "Mother Ship landed on Earth"?

Evolution is a load of crap, since DNA cannot be altered.

And:

When the first male "evolved" from the female of or species the Y chromosome had 1438 genes
Proof please. I'd love to see the news reporter of this time, studying all the proof of this.
I'd love to see the chromozone test results on the first Man on earth you claim of.

What you heard was a load of bull, as being innacurate and without 100% proof.
So now, with seeing that magazine is full of crap, I'd like to state my opinion on this.

It's a load of crap. These scientist are actually the only proof that we evolved from monkeys. Their "Accurate" results and guesses certainly is thought up of someone who has the IQ of a common garden snail.

DarkPegasus
April 14th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Evolution is a load of crap, since DNA cannot be altered.

That is why you look exactly like you mother, or your father, depending on whose unaltered DNA you got.
Oh, yeah, and that's why we all look the same...

Proof please. I'd love to see the news reporter of this time, studying all the proof of this.
I'd love to see the chromosome test results on the first Man on earth you claim of.

Nobody did the test. But as I said Y chromosomes evolved from X chromosomes, and X chromosomes now have around 1200 genes, and there are some genes that must be in a chromosome, and there are some junk genes in our Y chromosome, so it sums up to about 1438.

Oh, and the proof that men evolved from females is right in front of your eyes. For example take a look at those (yours) chests, do you see two circles? The so called nipples? Do you have any use for them? But if you take some female hormones then you'll get milk from them.

It's a load of crap. These scientist are actually the only proof that we evolved from monkeys. Their "Accurate" results and guesses certainly is thought up of someone who has the IQ of a common garden snail.

Without going into religion... Well if the scientist (the smart people) are the ones who evolved from monkeys, what does that say about you?

LawLessChaoz
April 14th, 2007, 02:11 AM
That's a big piece of evolving garbage stuff

Frostweaver
April 14th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Without touching the evolution thing or the concept of how the human body is set as female by default upon growth...

This is still irrelevant. There are much more pressing and urgent issues than worrying 5000 generations later. At the pace of human destruction upon each other or by the depletion of important resources, we're pretty doomed by 1000 generations by our own hands, and 1000 generations is a pretty optimistic estimate already. Middle East has been in turmoil over all these years, and 2 world wars broke out within 5000 years (the number 5000 taken from a rough approximation of the first recorded civilized human city).

Honestly, what makes you think that we're going to live such a perfectly peaceful life for the next 125,000 years to come if we can screw ourselves so badly in just 5000 years? I'll worry about food shortage anytime over this...

Drifblim
April 14th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I have to agree with Frostweaver. This sort of result was done in a controlled environment under circumstances unaffected by stuff such as war. And when you think about it, this result probably reflects what's happened thus far.

Bomberman
April 14th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I read in a magazine that a woman gave birth to alien triplets.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses
April 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Adam And Eve, Hands down. My part in this debate is over, the problem is solved.

DarkPegasus
April 15th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Oh, fine... Here is a link to a page that will explain to you all about the Y chromosome:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_chromosome

So maybe then you won't be smarter than everybody, and spit on everything you can't comprehend.

As to the wars and us destroying ourselves. I agree. But thanks to the Y chromosome 7% of the male population is infertile, and another 10% partially infertile. And with every generation the rate of infertility of man goes up for 0,02%.

pokejungle
April 15th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Personally, there are too many logical holes in Evolution for me to believe what scientists want to tell us. So, I really don't fear anything like this.

And all species (most, sorry) have a male and a female...so that means EVERYTHING would have to go extinct.

DarkPegasus
April 15th, 2007, 01:28 AM
And all species (most, sorry) have a male and a female...so that means EVERYTHING would have to go extinct.

Well... There are many species that adapted to this. Reptiles, I think most of them don't have the Y chromosome, but the outside temperature determines if they are male or female. To sum it up only "newer" species have the Y chromosome, even some of the mammals don't have it, some kind of a mouse doesn't have it, and it's still a mistery how the males of this specie come to life... Who knows maybe this is an evolutionary safety switch, if something evolves from humans, then we die out. The basic principle of evolution is this:

At one time there can not be an living organism that evolved and the living organism it evolved from. (I realise it was said clumsily)

pokejungle
April 15th, 2007, 01:33 AM
...honestly, there's a fault right there. Genders would have had to exist in the beginning, because most species have them. They wouldn't have evolved separately to live and reproduce, because then species would have very unique reproductive organs. But the fact is, most animals have sperm and egg, and by evolution, that would have to have come before so all species could integrate that.

That being said, the Y chromosome wouldn't have just 'changed' or become 'nonexistant' independently in different species, because that would have drastically changed their reproductive process, for absolutely NO reason. Evolution demands a catalyst for change in the first place. There would be no catalyst to change the Y chromosome.

Evolution fails. At a lot of stuff. Frankly, scientists just want an answer, and they've patched the theory in whatever way they can so it holds water.

But, it leaks.

DarkPegasus
April 15th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Well... Do microbes have a male and a female?
Besides, the first specie (evolutionary) that has a male and a female is a worm (Nematoda), and even after him (because this worm didn't evolve further) there are still many species that are hermaphrodites.

pokejungle
April 15th, 2007, 01:42 AM
What would cause animals to even have genders? WHY do they have genders?

If species Evolved, they wouldn't have genders, frankly. I wrote the last post assuming that Evolution created genders.

Personally, I don't even believe that genders are a feasible argument with Evolution. Genders show an intelligent design behind things.

Again, Evolution fails.

DarkPegasus
April 15th, 2007, 01:48 AM
As to why:

Because then genes get mixed, and a stronger and a better version is born, because both parents managed to survive.

And to quote Einstein:

"God didn't play with dices"

Frostweaver
April 15th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Ignoring the arguing part for evolution again as much as I'm not the biggest fan of it... but still, fellow creationist, do better than just "I'm obviously right and you're obviously wrong because it is" =/ It'll just make our side look horrible.

There are ways to reject the idea kindly.

As to the wars and us destroying ourselves. I agree. But thanks to the Y chromosome 7% of the male population is infertile, and another 10% partially infertile. And with every generation the rate of infertility of man goes up for 0,02%.

Obviously if it's really 7% of all males being infertile, somehow it's not the guys drunk at the bar sleeping with women that he doesn't even know the names of that's the 7% here. May not be so bad to strike a few men as infertile, just to lower the number of "much needed" abortions here and orphans over there because people can't stand to live without being kinky >>;

pokejungle
April 15th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Frostweaver, I brought up good points. I was saying "I'm right, and you're wrong", but...I backed up my argument.

DarkPegasus
April 15th, 2007, 03:48 AM
Obviously if it's really 7% of all males being infertile, somehow it's not the guys drunk at the bar sleeping with women that he doesn't even know the names of that's the 7% here. May not be so bad to strike a few men as infertile, just to lower the number of "much needed" abortions here and orphans over there because people can't stand to live without being kinky >>;

That is a problem of our society, unfortunately we don't live in an Utopia... If everything went my way we would all be immortal, could fly... And so on, but it is not our duty to say what should be and what shouldn't...

Lord Mike
April 16th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Its not time to start worrying about this stuff IMO. 125,000 years. That should speak for itself. People in Congress wake up one random day and ask themselves "When will the world come to an end?" Just because you start worrying about the situation doesn't mean it will happen sooner. Interesting information, but its nothing to worrying about, at least not in this generation. =/

PiplupRocks
April 17th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Hmm.. It IS true that man kind is the one doing this.. Back then in indian times women were more important then men if females die.. we can;t live for a long time @_@ so what happens if females die out? will MALES start to reproduce? that's actually quite disgusting.. I hope it never happens..

DarkPegasus
April 17th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Hm... If females die out... It's not a biggy because we have female DNA, while females don't have male ^_^ We will be able to clone XD
The survival of human kind is not on men or woman, it;s on both of them. Men can't function without women and women can't function without men.

PiplupRocks
April 17th, 2007, 11:42 AM
How about we just build robots that can do anything and live forever and live through global warming and creat more land mass?? ( Got the idea from chobits sorta )

Pokedragonfire
April 17th, 2007, 05:04 PM
My thoughts are that since a person with a severely deteriorated Y chromosome can't reproduce, then only people with good chromosomes can. It's unlikely all good chromosomes will deteriorate, when they are the chromosomes being passed on to the next generation.

PiplupRocks
April 19th, 2007, 01:13 PM
In english please? -.-

*~PiplupRocks~*

Lord Mike
April 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
OK, then Piplup, allow me to clarify.

Genders can be determined by the special chromsomes (folded strands of DNA) in a person. If their special pairs of sex chromsomes are XX, then its a girl; if it is XY, it is a boy. So when Pokedragonfire was talk about the Y chromsome, he was talking about the special sex chromsome in men. So if the Y chromsome in a man "deteriorates" (worsens) then the man won't be able to make babies with his partner.

Hope that clears things up. ^_^

*~Ashley~*
April 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM
In english please? -.-

*~PiplupRocks~*

PC has both a twenty-five character rule as well as a four word per post rule. Signing your name to it and/or adding smilies to bypass these rules is against the rules. It's not difficult to reword your post to fit the rules, so please keep this in mind.

phantom_zangetsu
April 22nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
ohh....so it like "menopause" thing?

Rivvon
May 3rd, 2007, 01:40 PM
I've heard of the blonde gene dying out, but not the Y chromosome. This is quite odd, yet interesting. Though I do think it won't happen for quite some time. Like the sun dying out. It won't happen for...a long time, and I certainly won't be around to witness it. It's a good thing, I guess, that we're realizing that the Y chromosome will eventually die out (as all things do?) but worrying about it now might not be in our best interest. We have other things to worry about that will probably happen soon/in our lifespans.

On another note, I happened to see something here on this thread...
Oh, and the proof that men evolved from females is right in front of your eyes. For example take a look at those (yours) chests, do you see two circles? The so called nipples? Do you have any use for them? But if you take some female hormones then you'll get milk from them.

I hate to say this, but actually, it's been scientifically proven that (and I don't know how or why) men don't need female hormones to make nipples have a function/produce milk >.> Yes, it's gross, I know...

Forci Stikane
May 3rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
Wow, what a loaded thread. I'm not going to dare touch the somewhat off-topic "evolution vs creation" argument. I only have this to say:

125,000 years? I'm pretty sure the planet is due to die out by then, from either the Moon crashing into us or the sun going out...or something. But the species will be either dead or gone before that happens, and by the time we have the technology to leave the planet we should have the emans to fix the problem...

Oh, one more thing: to the poster(s) with the "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude, shut up. NOBODY has the right to tell another person what to think.

DragronWarroir2000x
May 17th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I read in a magazine that the human kind will become extinct in about 125 thousand years or in 5000 generations. The reason for this is very simple. The males. More accurately the Y chromosome. When the first male "evolved" from the female of or species the Y chromosome had 1438 genes, the same as X chromosome. The SRY trigger gene was also on of the products of this evolution. In order to preserve the SRY gene Y chromosome had to protect itself from the X chromosome. So that no recombination could occur. This preserved the SRY chromosome, but because the Y chromosome could not repair itself (it is the only chromosome that doesn't have a pair) it started deteriorating. The estimated number of the genes is 20 - 45. But luckily for us during the sequencing of the Y chromosome there were 78 genes. So the deterioration is not as was as it was thought. This is attributed to the new method that the Y chromosome created, "the inverse replication". In the DNA one Y chromosome would make two copies of itself one normal, and one inversed so they could recombine. But even with this not all genes get it's pair, only the most essential ones. Some scientists believe that the deterioration of the Y chromosome has stopped, while others hope that evolution is going to come up with a new way, without the SRY gene, of creating males among our species. Or that the future scientist will find a way to stop the process of deterioration.

What are you thoughts on this?

So the theory is that, in theory, if we evolved in the way you claim, and if we are, theoretically, deteriorating like you said, then the theory is that we will wipe out in 125 thousand years?

This theory, Global Warming, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Mad Cow disease, SARS...just another end of the word scenario that had no merit at all.

Happy Dude
May 18th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Most Likely a Theory made by a Sexist Scientist women im guessing.

Portujesus
May 18th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Well, I guess we, the men, are going to get beaten first by our stupidity than by our genetical matters.
I mean, women are taking over, because we're stupid. It's not like I'm machist, it's just that I want things to be equal.

Let's look at the facts:
-School- Girls with better grades. Most teachers are female
-Love- Girls like older guys. Guys like younger girls.
-Death- Men die earlyer than women. Suicide rate is bigger for males more than females.

And there's other factors, obviously.
The point is that men are going to disappear really soon, because women are superior. Worrying about genetics is useless.

PS- Sorry for my bad english, but I'm much better at my native language.

pokejungle
May 18th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Actually I've usually dated older girls.