PDA

View Full Version : Support Pokemon Music!

yoshi1001
May 2nd, 2004, 02:14 PM
Did you know the last new US Pokemon music release was Pokemon Christmas Bash in October 2001? Despite the recent upswing in the franchise, music continues to languish. I've decided to do something about it, starting the Pokemon Music Petition, availible here:

http://pokewatch.nick15.com/pirn/petition.html

Please sign it, and tell your friends. We have over 100 signatures, but we can always use more. Spread the word!

dqle
May 2nd, 2004, 02:28 PM
ARRG! I have all the Albums. They're all cool, but 'it's just no good!' I need MORE! I have to sign!

Kitty17794
May 2nd, 2004, 03:21 PM
I've only heard the theme songs, because I've bever seen the cds in stores. I'd buy them if I could find them!

yoshi1001
May 2nd, 2004, 03:36 PM
I've only heard the theme songs, because I've bever seen the cds in stores. I'd buy them if I could find them!

Amazon.com has a decent selection, but yes, selection at most brick and mortar stores is scarce.

Pogiforce-14
May 2nd, 2004, 04:14 PM
I've actually seen Pkemon.com respond to emails asking about soundtracks saying that they are not being produced, and I'm sure the senders of those emails are very dissapointed. I'll willingly sign.

Dizzy
May 3rd, 2004, 11:20 AM
I'm not turned on by the cheesiness of the Music @_@...

yoshi1001
May 9th, 2004, 03:48 PM
I've gotten a lot of great submissions. Here are a few:

I think it give a wonderful flavor of sound to the universe we play in. Sometimes I think that the song inspires more than a battle on a movie. Basically the music of Pokemon shows kids why we are trainers! Plus there are fun and cheerful songs that are just plain fun to sing! I would love to see more like the themes from season four, five, and six. Along with some of the illusive songs like Cele-B-R-A-T-E (Pokemon 4ever), Pikachu's Pikaboo Theme (Pokemon 4ever), Secret Garden (Pokemon Heroes), and Pokemon Howdown (Pokemon Heroes: Camp Pikachu). Please I want to hear more fun songs!

I am a fan of pokemon music from the games and the anime, i really love them, i really want to hear more of it, remixes from the game music would be fantastic, i am sure they are lots of other music fans like me that would love them too! I live in the uk, i have only even seen 2BA master in the store, and i couldnt buy it because i didnt have enough, next time when i had enough, it wasnt there

I really liked listening to the music, and remembering the movies. Its also just great to listen to and have a few laughs (Brock's song from Pokemon 3, Pokemon Christmas bash is really funny to listen to XD) after a hard day of school (espishally when you're 7th grade..when no homework is like a miracle!)
I really was hopeing (after Pokemon 4Ever) that there would be a cd (even if it was a single) that contained "Cele-B-R-A-T-E!, however nothing like that even was rumored. Please bring back this great music!
comments: Just for you peoples to know, Pokemon is comming back! At my school (which IS a middle/high school) I bring in ONE Surfing Pikachu card, and at least 20 kids came to me and said, "Is that a Pokemon card? I remember those...". Personally I think if you realese some Jappaneese stuff (online) and work on advertising on major networks (Nick, Cartoon Network) you CAN make this america's favorite show again. But, those were just MY thoughts on the issue XD

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
May 9th, 2004, 04:45 PM
I signed to be useful/helpful, but truthfully I don't listen to any Pokmon music except for theme songs.

Jeikobu
May 10th, 2004, 11:20 AM
They're still making new albums in Japan, and maybe you can get them online somewhere. I'd like to find the one that has all the Japanese openings and endings on it. But I'm already pretty happy with my Pocket Monster Sound Anime Collection CD. It was made a while ago as all the music on it is from the first season, but it's an excellent CD. I listen to it almost every time I'm in the car. I really wish they'd make a new one too, so they could include the music left out in the PMSAC CD, and the stuff from the more current seasons.

yoshi1001
May 10th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Japanese music is very nice, but it's hard to fully appreciate music without knowing the language.

jokestr2004
May 10th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Petition huh? I'll gladly sign it... although regardless of if they make a new album of music... any new music they make you can download somewhere...

Jeikobu
May 10th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Japanese music is very nice, but it's hard to fully appreciate music without knowing the language.
Not for me. Besides I plan to start taking Japanese this fall, so...

Porygon
May 11th, 2004, 10:28 AM
I'll sign. Even though I will have to buy or download it all

Jeikobu
May 11th, 2004, 03:12 PM
To yoshi and anyone else who is curious, I forgot to be a little more specific on one thing about Pocket Monster Sound Anime Collection. Only two tracks are really songs, and thus only two have lyrics. The rest are BGMs (background music) from the first season. It's like this:
-Track 1: TV version of the Japanese first season Pokemon opening ("Mezase Pokemon Masutaa")
-After this track Satoshi and Pikachu have a chat about something.
-Tracks 2-41 are all BGMs from the first season, and are all great music, and well done (Note: After each track the Japanese Pokedex says a few things, but you can easily skip to the next track if you don't want to hear it).
-In between Tracks 41 and 42, Satoshi and Pikachu have one more chat.
-Track 42: TV version of the 3rd Japanese Ending of the first season ("Pocketto No Fantajii" I think is the name).

I highly recommend the CD. If anyone's interested I can describe the BGMs. If you love the BGMs in the show you'll love this CD.

Pogiforce-14
May 11th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I just want the new songs and remixes in an easy to manage Cd form. nothing else matters.

dqle
May 12th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Well, since I'm stuck with 56k, I can only imagine the music. But if you want the lyrics, go to http://www.animelyrics.com/

It's under Pocket Monsters (duh) or if you want the American songs as well, click Pokmon (double duh)

pokeguy76
May 12th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Pokmon music is cool and its a shame that its been so long since the last release, but here in tiny little Belgium, we don't have them at all

yoshi1001
May 12th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Pokmon music is cool and its a shame that its been so long since the last release, but here in tiny little Belgium, we don't have them at all

Well, to all you interational people, I can assure there won't be any in your area if there isn't any in the US, so sign in!

Mew13
May 12th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I love to listen to Pokemon songs, considering I can't get the anima.... it's not on my local cable, and we don't have dish.... I'll sign!

Pogiforce-14
May 12th, 2004, 05:49 PM
you can't get the anime? What aobut Cox cable? it should get it for you on eaither Channel 33 or Channel 2.

Mew13
May 17th, 2004, 06:08 PM
My cable is just local stations and the few extras that out town offers. My dad won't allow dish, so I keep up best I can....

Hakudoushi-kun
May 17th, 2004, 06:28 PM
the songs used to be good, but they aren't anymore really. the english ones anyway. btw, if you have an iPod, you might be able to find new individual pkmn mp3's on their website

Geometric-sama
May 17th, 2004, 10:10 PM
*sighs* Christmas Bash? Boy, you think you've got it bad. I couldn't even get Christmas Bash or the soundtrack to PM2K here. I had to get CyberRaichu to send me out the PM2K one from South Africa, but still haven't got Christmas Bash.

Jeikobu
May 18th, 2004, 12:23 PM
the songs used to be good, but they aren't anymore really. the english ones anyway.
Right you are. I actually like the English 1st season opening. It sounds good and at least sound Japanese related. But as the show has gone on the music has gone down (this includes the lousy dub BGMs they insert). I cannot stand the English 6th opening (that "I Wanna Be a Hero" thing). It's awful, and way too American-Pop-like. When it plays on TV I just mute it and imagine the Japanese opening. As for the dub music, some of it early on wasn't that bad. And the dub music for the movies is also great IMO. But alot of the dub music for the show has gotten worse and worse to the point were it makes you wince. Thank God the Japanese version still has all of its quality.

Hakudoushi-kun
May 20th, 2004, 05:13 PM
on pokemon advance, you can hear the japanese 6th season theme song playing in the background when ash and gang are beating team rocket.

Pogiforce-14
May 20th, 2004, 05:17 PM
AArgh! What's with you people who are so caught up on jap music you think that all dubs stink?! I doubt many of you can even speak jap! They're awesome! "i wanna be a hero" is awesome! Just 'cause they ain't jap doesn't mean it isn't good! Cut the american music some slack, man!

jj984jj
May 20th, 2004, 06:51 PM
AArgh! What's with you people who are so caught up on jap music you think that all dubs stink?! I doubt many of you can even speak jap! They're awesome! "i wanna be a hero" is awesome! Just 'cause they ain't jap doesn't mean it isn't good! Cut the american music some slack, man!
LOL, why do you like the dub so much that you defend it so? I mean, it's not like we just put it down for no reason, most of us HAVE seen the japanese version, some even with subs, the people who usually defend it haven't. The reason why we insult it is because they make stupid changes, very stupid changes, anime in japan is also aimed for a young auidence, at about 6-15 years of age according to TV Tokyo, yet they removed such good things in the english version so of course we don't bash it for that reason mainly. The music is better too, lyrics of the songs are posted all over, both the japanese and translated versions, most are found at animelyrics.com, and when we compare the english and japanese music, we see the same result, the japanese versions are better, it doesn't mean that the english version isn't good, we're merely stating that the japanese ones are better.

dqle
May 21st, 2004, 06:56 AM
Most??? I doubt a lot of us have fast enough connections to even listen to the songs online!

I've seen the episodes and heard the songs online, personally, and I think that both the English and Japanese versions have their ups and downs. Neither is better than the other, so quit flaming each other!!! Sure, you can say what sounds good to you, but flaming's just so irritating!

gilbertman
May 21st, 2004, 12:28 PM
Does PIRN play music from Pokemon Heroes? Cuz ive been listening for a while but heard no songs from pokemon Heroes...... cuz i love all the Pokemon Heroes music!!!!

gilbertman
May 21st, 2004, 12:30 PM
well nevermind about that last post..... they just started playing a song from pokemon heroes....

gilbertman
May 21st, 2004, 12:32 PM
okay do they play original scores from Pokemon heroes..... lets say like the part where ash is chasing after bianca(kanon) from the museum?

dqle
May 21st, 2004, 04:24 PM
Argh! Don't triple post! Just edit the last post!

The last movie soundtrack they've released in the US was for Pokmon 3 the Movie. Only the first three. That's it. All the other movies have no official soundtracks.

Pogiforce-14
May 25th, 2004, 11:17 AM
I'm just going to say if you can't have it and can't do anything about it, then forget. In another words, they aren't doing jap and never will so forget about it. They are doing american and could probably be changed if enough signatures are on the petition so focus on that. after all, that's what this topic is for.

Hakudoushi-kun
May 25th, 2004, 05:31 PM
LOL, why do you like the dub so much that you defend it so? I mean, it's not like we just put it down for no reason, most of us HAVE seen the japanese version, some even with subs, the people who usually defend it haven't. The reason why we insult it is because they make stupid changes, very stupid changes, anime in japan is also aimed for a young auidence, at about 6-15 years of age according to TV Tokyo, yet they removed such good things in the english version so of course we don't bash it for that reason mainly. The music is better too, lyrics of the songs are posted all over, both the japanese and translated versions, most are found at animelyrics.com, and when we compare the english and japanese music, we see the same result, the japanese versions are better, it doesn't mean that the english version isn't good, we're merely stating that the japanese ones are better.

not all dubs are bad though. and although it's true that some japanese anime songs and anime shows are better, it's only that way because it's more popular there. if it was like that here, anime shows would have way more than enough money to fund for the better songs and dubs ppl want to see.

Pogiforce-14
May 25th, 2004, 06:00 PM
and saying that in general teh japs are better is called ethnocentrism and is generally not a fair comparison.

Kenta
May 25th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Its best not to use the phrase "Jap" to describe Japanese people or things made by them anymore.
That was a racist remark back in WWII

Hakudoushi-kun
May 25th, 2004, 06:04 PM
(psst, there are too many biased ppl here, XP)

Kenta
May 25th, 2004, 06:11 PM
(psst, there are too many biased ppl here, XP)

Nobody's perfect of course XD

Kayleigh
May 26th, 2004, 01:20 PM
okay do they play original scores from Pokemon heroes..... lets say like the part where ash is chasing after bianca(kanon) from the museum?
Please don't triple post. Use the Edit button, which is located on the bottom right corner of your posts, to make any changes to them. Thanks!

Pogiforce-14
May 26th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Its best not to use the phrase "Jap" to describe Japanese people or things made by them anymore.
That was a racist remark back in WWII

I'm not using Jap to be racist, I';m using jap because it's easier to say and it still et's teh point across. As Long as I'm not being spiteful while saying it, there is no harm in it.