PDA

View Full Version : Satoshi Yamamoto or MATO

oni flygon
April 24th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Old topic, but it's worth the discussion.

MATO's style was more of a chibi and comedic style while Yamamoto's style was kind of more serious, a bit more manga-ish.

Although I was impressed with Satoshi Yamamoto's earlier style in Pokemon Special, his latest work (especially for the FR/LG arc) wasn't much appealing to me. If I side with one, I'd stick with MATO.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 28th, 2007, 04:57 AM
I couldn't really tell so can you show like 2 screenshots of the both of them

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

*Shinigami*
April 28th, 2007, 06:32 AM
I never knew there was two artists, I simply presumed that Mato was short for Yamato! But know I know they were two different artists, I'd definetly agree with oni and go with Mato. ^_^

Perhaps Yamato tried to 'adapt' his art in the early GSC arc to hide the change of arist.

Fonon
April 28th, 2007, 05:16 PM
I haven't seen Yamato's work, since I'm still searching for volume ten, but I do like Mato's work. The chibi figures give the series a good comdeic diversion, when the conflicts don't escalate.

C.J.
May 2nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
Mato FTW! Chibi all th way!

Sternchen
May 10th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I like Mato's style in the earlier volumes (1-7) but for the Ruby/Sapphire saga, Yamamoto's style is just perfect^^

WavedAcer
May 10th, 2007, 03:00 PM
yeah, I like Mato's better, but thats probably because I saw mato's first, and think it goes better with Pokemon Special/Adventures

Okute
May 14th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I suppose it depends on the Saga, I wasn't very fond of Yamato's style on the FR/LG arc, however, I don't think MATO's stlye would fint with R/S/E. They are both excellent artists in their own right, but personaly I perfer MATO.

RYOUKI
June 4th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I like Yamamoto's style more than Moto's style, its because Yamamoto's style appears to have energy putted into it

Gunn
June 11th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Satoshi Yamamoto. His stuff seems to be in "more depth." I never really have been a fan of MATO to begin with.

shewholovespineapples
July 2nd, 2007, 07:33 AM
I like them both, but I guess I like MATO more.