PDA

View Full Version : Ever believe in the supernatural?

flight
April 28th, 2007, 04:41 PM
This goes to stuff like UFOs, or spirits and ghosts and stuff like that.

So do you believe in the supernatural?

To be honest, I sorta do x_o

coachwhipneoship
April 28th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I believe in (and am very interested in) a lot of paranormal things. Ghosts, spirits, psychic powers, and so on and so forth.

Persona
April 28th, 2007, 05:38 PM
The term "supernatural" itself is way too unclear and misleading. It's physically impossible for matter to exist outside of nature. Professional credible research facilities that study anything that involves this subject may probably inform you that paranormal claims are false. The human mind is incredible, and holds a massive capacity for imagination. Yes, there are a lot of things we have yet to discover and understand in this world, but I don't believe that ghosts and aliens are involved.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
April 29th, 2007, 08:33 AM
UFO's? No. I highly doubt they exist.
Aliens, however, I believe in. Just not the little green or gray guys with big heads roaming around the galaxy abducting people. Maybe like animal-ish creatures, or at the very least some microscopic bacteria. Nothing very intelligent.

I believe in ghosts and spirits, to some extent. Though I believe many claims of ghosts are lies and "pictures" are fake.

UnHoly
April 29th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Aliens would have to be a yes, other wise it's a very big universe for just Humans.

Ghosts and Sprits, not so sure, possibly but highly unlikly, although i've had experiences which were pretty unexplainable without going the paranormal way.

Merzbau
April 29th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I don't see why not.

I believe in the paranormal.

At least, when I see enough proof to make me think it's worth believing.

Some UFO videos and photos are very convincing.

Ghosts and spirits I definitely believe in, my house is sorta haunted.

Aliens, yeah...it'd be kinda dumb for there to be that much space and we're the only ones with stuff on our rock.

Erimgard
April 29th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I believe in God.
I do not believe in ghosts.
I believe any sitings of ghosts to be either fabricated or supernatural in the sense of angels/demons etc.
I don't really know what I think of aliens. I suppose it's possible, though not plausible that they exist.

kryptonite
April 30th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Sure, i do beleive in al lthat stuff. Aliens and ghosts being the main ones. Apparently i have psychic blood too :P NOw wouldn't that be cool tee-hee.
Yeah I 100% beleive in aliens, I mean we can have life...why can't at least another one of the zillions of planets out there?

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 30th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Well, i really don't know what to think about the supernatural. I am very interested in ghosts and spirits and stuff though, and i have heard a lot of stories from a bunch of people but i dunno what to believe actually.
Maybe it excist, maybe not. I don't think we will ever find out.
But to be honest i really don't believe in it, i am just interested in it

She-Elf
April 30th, 2007, 04:57 AM
I do, and it scares me o.O I have always thought that it's something out there that we don't know about, and that we can't understand.
I love to watch tv programs about ghosts and stuff, and it's very interesting.
But I really believe in the supernatural.

Idiot!
April 30th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Most of the supernatural. But I won't believe in all of them.

Erimgard
April 30th, 2007, 06:37 AM
would you care to elaborate?

UnHoly
April 30th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I do, and it scares me o.O I have always thought that it's something out there that we don't know about, and that we can't understand.
I love to watch tv programs about ghosts and stuff, and it's very interesting.
But I really believe in the supernatural.

yeah i like to watch all the shows i can about UFO's, alien, ghosts and such, yet i still remain sceptic when it come to sprits, due to photoshop but am still very interested.

I do believe there is a spirit world of sorts, maybe in like a higher plain of exsistence but i dont think we should mess with it.

Deducted this after a bad experience with a Ouija board.

Tensaiji
April 30th, 2007, 12:45 PM
You have to believe in the supernatural once you've seen a lot of videos that have never been tampered with. I believe ghostly apparitions also. If anyone wants to see some footage of it, PM me. I do believe in aliens in some sort, but not as much as ghosts/spirits.

.dumeli
May 7th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Yes, I do. A friend of mine, her mum has attended a median school for a number of years, and she can do a lot of incredible things. When a good friend of mine died, she offered her help and it was amazing how much she knew about him, yet she'd never met him. It was very strange because he'd committed suicide and left a note, and she was able to quote things from it even though only myself and a few others had seen it. To be honest, things like that keep me going. Whether I'm just hanging onto a false sense of security or not, I don't know. But she told me that my friend was happy and well - and it just made things a lot easier. :)

JBassFox
May 9th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Well, I guess believing in Jesus is the supernatural. As for aliens...I honestly don't know. The universe is just so vastly large. It'd be pretty cool, but definitely a bit creepy.

Goku Goku
May 10th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I'm superstituous. I do believe in ghosts, to an extent, and spirits as well. As for UFOs and aliens, I'm not too sure about them, but I believe that there are definitely others out there like us, whether we will ever be able to see them or communicate with them or not. It's interesting to think of what these aliens will be like, perhaps even the same as us, of a parallel universe (and yeah, I sorta believe in the whole alternate multiverses, though whether or not there's such thing it's still fun to think about it!). :)

Melody
May 10th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I do Belive in the supernatural...I have seen a few apparitions myself...They were family members though...and they always left me a message to carry and deliver at some point in time(or in a certain situation)...(currently 1 message pending)...Yeah...i hope i never have to deliver that message...It's delivery criteria is a disater...something i wouldnt want to ever happen to anyone...But yeah...Also i have a slight psychic powers...I can touch the minds of others...If they are close friends or immediate family members....and finally the ability to read emotions of close friends(mainly my female friends IRL)...I know when they are sad even if they are acting all bubbly and cheerful...I dont say anything unless it's really wrecking them though.

Astinus
May 10th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I believe in the supernatural. One of my teachers a few years ago proved that the pictures other people have of ghosts and UFOs are fake. I saw how correct he was then, but now find that I still believe in the supernatural. Especially ghosts. Sometimes I say that I see UFOs in the skies at night. Then again, I am a science fiction fan. xP

flight
May 11th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Yeah, I'm superstituous. I do believe in ghosts, to an extent, and spirits as well. As for UFOs and aliens, I'm not too sure about them, but I believe that there are definitely others out there like us, whether we will ever be able to see them or communicate with them or not. It's interesting to think of what these aliens will be like, perhaps even the same as us, of a parallel universe (and yeah, I sorta believe in the whole alternate multiverses, though whether or not there's such thing it's still fun to think about it!). :)

I've been believing in multiverses for a very long time. This universe, other universe.

One time, when I was little, I believed there were a universe where cartoons were, I thought to be real.

Yes, I watch too much TV. xD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 11th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Its hard to believe because in my mind I dont think that it exists but I've watch talk shows and they were talking about it. They also caught this on camera as well. I remember watching this episode of Maury and they were talking about how the dead can telpathacly talk to you sending messages from the dead.

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Ninetales
May 28th, 2007, 01:16 AM
I remember watching this episode of Maury and they were talking about how the dead can telpathacly talk to you sending messages from the dead.

...Which is how ghosts communicate.

Anyways, do I believe in...

Ghosts? Yes, even met one once

Spirits? Oh yes, have felt the presence of a few faeries a few times--faeries are spirits right? (or they can be)

God? Yes, or at least some sort of divine presence

Space Aliens? Of course. I even speak a language from another planet ^_^ (um, am I kidding?)

Psychic powers? DUH--no wonder I mention them all the time in RPG's. I think this was the first form of the paranormal I became really interested in.

Vampires? Definitely. There is so much people don't know about them... or false beliefs about them.

Witchcraft? ...Why would I practice something I don't believe in?

Divination? ...What else could I possibly use a tarot deck and a crystal ball for?

Alternate universes? I used to... but then I came to see the "universe" as basically everything in existence, so there's no way there can be more than one. It's just like asking, "Is there any number bigger than infinity?"

The tooth fairy? ...Is that question even relevant??? (The answer is no, anyhow.)

Anyways, I have a saying that goes like so (I came up with it):

There are people who believe in magic.
There are people who don't believe in magic.
There are people who think they don't believe in magic, but actually do.

Well, to me, "magic" is a broad term referring to anything paranormal--anything that cannot be explained in scientific terms. This includes everything said above (except the tooth fairy--that was a joke), and also includes God and even prayer and miracles--and fate as well. So I suppose someone would have to be atheist or something in order to not believe in what I call magic.

So do I believe in...

Prayer? Well, of course.

Miracles? Yes, and now that song's in my head...

Fate? I let my soul rest with fate.

scorpionwarrior
May 28th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I believe, cause lights in my house always seem to turn on by themselves when no-one is around, lol, but i also believe that if you think about it too much you start to see things ((hasn't happened to me...............yet, XD))

The O Rly Owl
May 28th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I do. I won't explain why, but I believe in spirits particularly.

Klonoa
May 28th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I do... my step-dad thinks I am crazy because I believe the ceiling fan im my room is haunted. lol and our garage...

MUSION
May 29th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I try to, just to make life a bit more interesting (city life is so dull), but I'm too scientific about everything. I want to believe, but can't.

healberry
May 29th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I don't, I use logic and science to explain everything.

Yes, I do live a boring life. =P

Cassino
May 30th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Spirits being a central part of my religion, then of course I believe they exist. xD

I'm quite doubtful of 'UFOs' being anywhere near Earth, but aliens' existance seems perfectly logical and probable to me.

Utapau
May 30th, 2007, 05:17 AM
The term "supernatural" itself is way too unclear and misleading. It's physically impossible for matter to exist outside of nature. Professional credible research facilities that study anything that involves this subject may probably inform you that paranormal claims are false. The human mind is incredible, and holds a massive capacity for imagination. Yes, there are a lot of things we have yet to discover and understand in this world, but I don't believe that ghosts and aliens are involved.

You are correct, that there is no such thing as "supernatural" - everything is sprung from nature!

I don't know about ghosts; but it would be utterly ridiculous to say there are NOT "Aliens" somewhere in the universe -- humans have this way of glorifying themselves and their own accomplishments over the actual reality.

Memory~
June 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I believe in some of that stuff~ D:

I mean, it's hard to think that we're the only ones in the whole universe. I wonder what's out there, alot. My dad doesn't, he doesn't believe in any of that stuff. xD

Ghosts, spirits, certainly. Dx; Some things just don't have a logical explanation.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
June 9th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Sorta...
I kinda believe in ghosts and stuff because there is too much proof for it not to exist. But, there is not enough proof for the simple-minded and the scientific public.

My Dad believes in a lot of stuff of the paranormal.
he believes that UFO research us and hide in the water. And if they wanted to kill us, the Human race would already be extinct. But, it's not.

I pretty much only believe in Ghost and spirts mostly the the things that are paranormal. Yeah... but for UFOs, 50% of the time.

And for all the people who look at REAL proof and say, "This is SO fake!", try believeing for once! Sheesh.

Ullion
June 9th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Hmm I've only read the first 15 or so posts... but a lot of people don't believe or are not sure if they should believe in Aliens. To be honest.. if you think of it ogically, you'd have to pretty low-minded (I'm putting it bluntly x__x) to not believe in other living things on different planets. Now, how do I think of it logically? You may ask. Well, as someone has already stated, with a crap load of planets out there, there must be at least some other organisms living on another planet. Now... lets take this step by step: First, get a piece of blank paper (doesn't really have to be blank, and you don't actually have to do this, but please.. bare with me =3) and draw a small circle in the very middle. Now draw lines in a curvey shape that go from the center dot out to the edge of the paper. Do that until there are a LOT of lines. Now, one one of the lines, make a small dot; slightly larger than a period. Now the whole lines thing is our Galaxy: Milky Way. The dot you made at the end is our Slar System. Our solar system contains 1 M-Class Planet known as Earth. M-Class means it is capable of carrying living organisms. Now imagine how many more solar systems there are in JUST that ONE galaxy. Also imagine how many more M-Class planets there are.

That explains the Alien thing. Now onto ghosts. They do exist. I, myself, have had plenty of experiences. Also, my parents took a photo a few weeks ago when they went into some haunted tunnel in St. Catherines. On the one photo is a random while circle thingy. Explain THAT! xP And btw, I don't have photoshop and also, if I did, I don't think my parents would know how to use it. x__x;

Piplup_WazUp
June 10th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I believe in ghosts and stuff like that. I'm too scared to do bloody mary because of it.

Houndour2005
June 11th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I believe.

I think I saw something white float by my window once a dark evening.

Lily
June 14th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I don't believe in UFOs, but I do believe in the possibilities of their existence. There is also a clear difference between self affiliated beliefs and reality. =x

22sa
June 14th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I do accept the idea that supernatural forces exist in general. I do not care to believe or doubt whether they *actually* exist or not.

RYOUKI
June 18th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I Believe in Spirits,Ghost and that sorta kinda things, but Aliens? UFO? No...It's just some bizarre hallucinations that people get when they looked up in the sky for so long

Waffle-San
June 22nd, 2007, 12:08 PM
I believe in it all, I can't see myself not believing. Alies? Yes. Ghost/spirits? Yes. Dragons? I live for them(not just them.)
Saskwatch/Big Foot? ya. I have troule with elves and SOME sea creatures for some reason though.

Captain Arcane
June 22nd, 2007, 06:00 PM
I see no reason not to believe in it. It doesn't hurt anybody. But yeah, I do. "So what, wanna fight about it!?" LoL (family guy quote)

Richard Lynch
June 22nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Hmm I've only read the first 15 or so posts... but a lot of people don't believe or are not sure if they should believe in Aliens.

The great science fiction author Arthur C. Clarke once made this speech (or something like it, I'm going by memory):

"In front of every person living today stand thirty ghosts. For that is about the ratio by which the dead out number the living. Now, if you combine these numbers, you get the approximate number of stars in our Milky Way Galaxy. And, of course, every star is a sun with planets revolving around it, so isn't it curious that there is enough space simply in our galaxy for everyone living, and everyone who has ever lived, to have their own world."

I find it impossible NOT to believe there could be life outside of our planet... I don't think we have to worry about a War of the Worlds situation, but in a Universe where we don't even know the extent of it's largeness (or even if it does end), it's rather hard for me to believe that we pitiful humans are the only intelligent life forms out there.

On the one photo is a random while circle thingy. Explain THAT! xP And btw, I don't have photoshop and also, if I did, I don't think my parents would know how to use it. x__x;

Dust. Next patient please?

I don't believe in ghosts or the supernatural, and am quite certain I can debunk any supernatural experience as long as it comes in picture or video form. Even with psychology you can debunk a few "experiences"... like seeing faces in a cloud of smoke, as with those Twin Tower pictures. If someone's interested, I could elaborate...

Melody
June 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
I belive in UFOs and Spirits and magic and everything supernatural...but i cant prove it's there...I have only thought i have heard spirits aqnd seen UFOs but i'm not gonna try to force anyone to belive me if I cant prove it...If my word isnt credible enough for them then they wont belive it until they see it all with their own eyes and sense it with the other 4 senses...
none of these 'supernatural' things have ever manifested it self to me as concrete reality so I live my life as if it's not there and will only attempt to allow what I have heard about such occurrences govern what I do if it presents it self to me as reality and not as some sound i thought i heard or a light i couldnt identify properly...
I do belive in god but only because he has made his presence known to me. to me, nothing that isnt explained by science makes sense without god. EX:someone miraculously recovers from what should be a fatal injury

Eternal Nightmare
June 23rd, 2007, 10:33 AM
Yeah definitely expecially since I watch stuff like this
on the Discovery Channel and stuff besides my english teacher
even said see saw her dead mother's ghost in her fire place.
Weird no.

shinx^2
June 23rd, 2007, 04:36 PM
I do... Or I do not. Truly, is "supernatural"
not reality? Thus, as reality is only what is
percieved, what was percieved, and what will
be percieved, and perception is imagination,
thus as reality is a figment of perception,
it is a figment of imagination, is "supernatural"
not nonexistent? Therefore, I conclude that
"supernatural" is both existent and nonexistent.
Therefore, I both believe in it and do not.
Then again, if "supernatural" is not real, then,
as that which is unreal can be imagined if specified,
and imagination contains only perception which is
an alternate reality in itself, "supernatural" must
be real if it is not. Therefore, "supernatural" is
both real and not real.

Fox♠
June 23rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
I would love to not believe in it, but I've seen a lot of things that have stayed with me for years. I'm quite paranoid of the night time sky if I';m perfectly honest.

Flabébé
June 23rd, 2007, 08:40 PM
Ghosts, Aliens, and psychic powers yes. I believe their very much real. VERY hard to find, but real.

Himawarii
June 26th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I believe in aliens and just recently began believing a little in ghosts.
Why? Long story made short,a nightmare of mine .__.;;
And my reason for believing in aliens,well,like people have said,this universe is too huge for just humans to inhabit~

411Break
June 26th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I belive in watching the show supernatural. =/

Fox♠
June 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Most scientists will tell you, that the chance of earth being the only planet with life on it is like, under 1% or something ridiculous.

I've seen a few things that I've thought were ghosts, but until I get proper face to face with one, I can;t say they're as real as I think they are.