PDA

View Full Version : [~The May Daily Chit-Chat ~]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Emma
April 30th, 2007, 01:51 PM
The DCC Rules - Read now~ (http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85143) Srsly, read them. Or I will get Kon (the teddy in my sig) to eat you up. Alright?

Not too original with the title, but I didn't feel like using my few remaining brain cells to think up of a good one. >:

Now post! (No spam pls) <3

Hakeen
April 30th, 2007, 03:10 PM
By that post it sounds like we're being forced to post. XD
Can't argue with forcefulness. XD

Jack O'Neill
April 30th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Technically, this thread shouldn't even exist, seeing as it's still 30 April for the majority of PC's constituents.

Hakeen
April 30th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Aslong as it's May for somebody, it should exist. 'Cause it's like..May for me.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 30th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Well, it's May for me, so i guess the thread should be up ^^
Yey, May, one month closer to summer :)

She-Elf
April 30th, 2007, 03:20 PM
May, finally :) Soon summer, and warmer in the air ^^ Lovely.
I think the thread should be up ^^

Kyoko
April 30th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Well, it's May for me, so i guess the thread should be up ^^
Yey, May, one month closer to summer
Yep!

It's May for me tomorrow, but that's cool ;D I'm so happy May is finally here, because that means it's my last month of school <33

The year went by fast, but too much homework D:

Hakeen
April 30th, 2007, 03:28 PM
We don't have Summer nor no school. We have winter..aww, that's why I want to enjoy Autumn while it does last. XD

And Christmas so isn't in this month..right? I just know nobody will reply. XD Someone reakons it is..

Persona
April 30th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Or I will get Kon (the teddy in my sig) to eat you up. Alright?

Kon doesn't eat people. His only use of a threat is being perved. XD

Jack O'Neill
April 30th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Modsouls may not eat people, but Hollows most certainly do. How's about we feed a few n00bs to a Menos Grande if they attempt to intrude on this thread without reading the regulations first, hmm? XD

parallelzero
April 30th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Nah, just sick an Espada on them. Grimmjow or Ulquiorra will work nicely. XD

LawLessChaoz
April 30th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Hey, What is this???
Never seen it before???
Did I just spam???

MegaFuz
April 30th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Modsouls may not eat people, but Hollows most certainly do. How's about we feed a few n00bs to a Menos Grande if they attempt to intrude on this thread without reading the regulations first, hmm? XD

I think that sounds like a plan. XD

Hey, What is this???
Never seen it before???
Did I just spam???

It's a Daily Chit-Chat thread. You can basically talk about anything in here as long as it's appropriate and on-topic. Which you just failed to do.

Looks like we have our first victim. =O

LawLessChaoz
April 30th, 2007, 09:48 PM
You could tell what's happening???

Soari
April 30th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Its May! Doesen't it went to fast My exams are coming up now then afterthat I will have my holidays.

LawLessChaoz
April 30th, 2007, 09:58 PM
What holiday??? (11 YR OLDS and exams!!!

Emma
April 30th, 2007, 10:27 PM

Shh, I know that. I just couldn't think of another example. D: (Or I could still use Kon to perv on everyone XD)

My last month of school is July. DX But this year of school is going too fast, not that I'm complaining or anything. :x

Ayano Katagiri
April 30th, 2007, 11:04 PM
It's May already?? XD, actually I should know that as it's 7pm on the 1st of May now.

Wow, this month is going to be busy.

My exams are coming up now then afterthat I will have my holidays.
I dont have exams till the end of the year... but I do have a whole lot of tests and assessments this term....

Hakeen
April 30th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Considering everybody else ignored meh, maybe Alex might reply. XD

Anyways, May wont be busy..as like I said before..this month should be boring and low activity, not busy. XD

Ayano Katagiri
April 30th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Considering everybody else ignored meh, maybe Alex might reply. XD

Anyways, May wont be busy..as like I said before..this month should be boring and low activity, not busy. XD

XD, well I didn't ignore you now.

This month is going to be busy for me. Unlike you, I have more on this term then last term, which will result to a busier time and less computer time definetly. Like how I already have two internal assessments tomorrow and it's only the second week of this term!!

Hakeen
April 30th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Only 'cause I told you not to. XD

We have lots of assignments, but, Sunday night is when I try and do all of them for the week, and then I don't have to be kicked off the computer for no reason.

And also because my family doesn't even know when I have homework half the time. XD

Drummershuff
April 30th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Hey, What is this???
Never seen it before???
Did I just spam???
You could tell what's happening???

What holiday??? (11 YR OLDS and exams!!!
Yeah, exactly what MegaFuz said. Make sure you read the rules before posting in here again as those other two posts aren't exactly helpful to the current discussion either. ^^;
And also because my family doesn't even know when I have homework half the time. XD
Hah, you're like my friend. He never tells his parents he's got homework and then when they go in for parents evening they're like, "What homework? O_o" and then he gets into trouble. XD

My mum knows when I've got homework because I usually leave my planner lying about. x_x

Hakeen
April 30th, 2007, 11:45 PM
My teachers aren't like that..they don't backstab me. They leave all homework discussion to a minimum at parent things.

We don't have planners. We have these succky little school diaries we have to bring everyday or we have detention.

pokejungle
May 1st, 2007, 03:36 AM
My host parents are coming to this school thing where parents sit in on a class. So I guess I can't sleep.

And sorry to say something that stems off, but I did just get English Pearl and I am so excited.

Ok, so yeah. Teachers. Conferences. They can be vicious.

Amachi
May 1st, 2007, 03:46 AM
DDD: I've got parent teacher meetings coming up in a few weeks. I suppose I don't have much to worry about, but I don't like the fact that we are given our report there, which takes away my time to fabricate a string of excuses and the like.

Plus it means that I'll be spending an hour or so at school if we go see every teacher ;_;

Good luck with your conferences Paul XD;;

Kawaii: I think he means the same thing by planner XD

Oh, and I'm probably getting Diamond version in a week or so. However, that doesn't really matter since I'm also getting Jump! Ultimate Stars, which is like awesomex10 :DDD

pokejungle
May 1st, 2007, 04:03 AM
One time my teacher started crying at my conference. She felt I was a very good student. That was one of the most embarrassing things that has happened to me.

Amachi
May 1st, 2007, 04:11 AM
... well at least you can go around saying that you reduced your teacher to tears once XD

Hakeen
May 1st, 2007, 04:29 AM
Kawaii: I think he means the same thing by planner XD

Um yeah..I knew that. XD

One time my teacher started crying at my conference. She felt I was a very good student. That was one of the most embarrassing things that has happened to me.

I'm always an excellent student and I aint got no teachers crying about me. I want teachers to cry for me..XD

pokejungle
May 1st, 2007, 04:35 AM
... well at least you can go around saying that you reduced your teacher to tears once XD
That sounds rather negative. Great thing to put on a College resume, ne?

Amachi
May 1st, 2007, 04:42 AM
Um yeah..I knew that. XD
LIAR! >O

That sounds rather negative. Great thing to put on a College resume, ne?
Well, I was thinking that it'd be better suited to tell all your classmates who can then laugh at the said teacher :)

I don't know why you think it'd be good on your resume though 8D

Hakeen
May 1st, 2007, 04:45 AM
I'm so not a liar~
I asked Matt previously about it.
And he's had brain loss since then, so yeah.

Amachi
May 1st, 2007, 04:54 AM
A liar would obviously say
I'm so not a liar~
So how do I know that you aren't lying now?

... reminds me of that riddle with the two paths ... or something XD

Hakeen
May 1st, 2007, 05:03 AM
Just because I'm a liar, I'm not the other two things..or am I.

You know I'm not lying this time because.....
If I lied, I would have said.
"I'm so not a liar"
And then added a strikethrough in that post.
Or I would have said something stupid with it..like, "I'm so not a liar because I'm so beautiful" Or.. something like that.
So, finally, away from all this lying, Would you believe that I nearly spelt beautiful with a ck on the end. XD

MegaFuz
May 1st, 2007, 08:16 AM
... reminds me of that riddle with the two paths ... or something XD

You mean the story about the fork in the road? o.o

Forci Stikane
May 1st, 2007, 08:50 AM
School...meh. At least there's only another month or so of it for most of the people on here, then comes summer...

Anyway, if I may change the subject, what does everyone think about the two major movies due to come out this month, Shrek the Third &, arguably more importantly, Spider Man 3?

MegaFuz
May 1st, 2007, 08:55 AM
Can't wait for Spider-Man 3! I watched the 2nd movie again last night and it got me really excited for the new one.

I just wish they'd show more of Venom in the previews available. The way I understand it, he'll be a pretty big part in the movie, yet there've been no good shots of Venom to this point. Oh well...it actually just makes me even more eager to see it. XD

Legacy
May 1st, 2007, 10:51 AM
Spider-Man 3 should be awesome, I've been looking forward to it ever since I watched the second one at the cinema.

MegaFuz
May 1st, 2007, 10:57 AM
Obviously you're looking forward to the new movie. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. ;D

*points to Legacy's theme*

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 1st, 2007, 11:15 AM
Well, i guess i'm also looking forward ti spider man 3, though i haven't seen the second movie yet, lol, i am not a big spider man fan

MegaFuz
May 1st, 2007, 11:27 AM
It might be a good idea to rent the 2nd before going to see the 3rd. Just maybe... XD

She-Elf
May 1st, 2007, 11:31 AM
I'm not a spider man fan, I have seen the first movie, I don't think I have seen number 2, but I'm looking forward to number 3, I will maybe see it after I have seen number 2.

Kamui
May 1st, 2007, 11:35 AM
It might be a good idea to rent the 2nd before going to see the 3rd. Just maybe... XD

Oh yeah it is. xD

I just watched the part one yesterday to refresh my mind, and part two tommorow, and part three just on friday.

To get everthing in xD

(try to miss nothing)

MegaFuz
May 1st, 2007, 11:39 AM
I'm not a spider man fan, I have seen the first movie, I don't think I have seen number 2, but I'm looking forward to number 3, I will maybe see it after I have seen number 2.

Well if you've seen the one with Doc Oc (the dude with metal octopus arms), you've seen the second one. Shouldn't be too hard to remember. XDD

Iced
May 1st, 2007, 12:05 PM
omg the forums changed so much in 5 months that i've been gone from the forums...

i watched spiderman 1 and 2 and im looking forward to 3...

MegaFuz
May 1st, 2007, 12:29 PM
Yeah, havn't seen you around recently, Iced. PC has definitely undergone some major changes lately, mainly in terms of Staff.

Forci Stikane
May 1st, 2007, 02:17 PM
I personally can't wait to see either movie. Spider-Man 3 should be GOOD, now that they're finally adding Venom to the mix. Of course, since we've got the "new" Green Goblin, Venom, AND at least one other villain in the movie, it'll undoubtedly be longer than usual. Two hours, perhaps?

And Shrek...well, is Shrek. Enough said.

Persona
May 1st, 2007, 03:18 PM
Hey ppl! whats up w/ all these new changes like "Chld Forums"? but w/e. O yeah where's the new shiny hunter's thread? (srry 4 off-topic)

Here? (http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19247)

That thread has been running on for quite awhile, so it really isn't the 'new thread'.

omg the forums changed so much in 5 months that i've been gone from the forums...

Yeah, though not by much that'll confuse you. Hopefully.

You have no idea how much I missed you. XD

Arcanine
May 1st, 2007, 03:49 PM
Shrek the Third and Spider-Man 3 I both want to see. XD
But I'm looking forward to Shrek more, mainly because I got the first two movies and I only got Spider-Man 2 (but I have seen the first). But both are on my to watch list.

Amachi
May 1st, 2007, 03:59 PM
You mean the story about the fork in the road? o.o
Yes.

Probably XD;;

Anywho, I cannot wait to see Spiderman , hence why I am watching it tomorrow night ^o^

As for Shrek 3 ... I dunno. I certainly won't go pay to see it in the cinema's though, that's for sure. To me, the first Shrek is a classic - the second one wasn't all that great in comparison.

Kyoko
May 1st, 2007, 04:06 PM
Yes.

Probably XD;;

Anywho, I cannot wait to see Spiderman , hence why I am watching it tomorrow night ^o^

As for Shrek 3 ... I dunno. I certainly won't go pay to see it in the cinema's though, that's for sure. To me, the first Shrek is a classic - the second one wasn't all that great in comparison.
I don't see what's so great about the Spiderman series, I couldn't get into the first on or the second one =P Of course, all my friends are making plans to see it though XDD

I agree with you on the Shrek thing though. The first one will always be the best <3

Arcanine
May 1st, 2007, 04:09 PM
Yes.

Probably XD;;

So true. The first Shrek was far far better then the second. Not only on the story but the funnyness to it. I was laughing my head off for the whole movie, but Shrek 2 wasn't as funny as the first.

Amachi
May 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM
I don't see what's so great about the Spiderman series, I couldn't get into the first on or the second one =P Of course, all my friends are making plans to see it though XDD

I agree with you on the Shrek thing though. The first one will always be the best <3
I've loved Spiderman ever since I was like, 5 or 6, so even if the movies were crap, I'd still watch them.

However, there are a whole bunch of reasons why people like the series, but let's not get into that now k? XD;

Actually, let's see: He's your average teenager, so everyone can relate to him in a way. Unlike other superhero's he isn't fortunate enough to have money ... or the support of most of New York. He's light hearted, so it's nice to have a lil laugh while he's fighting. And he has an awesome suit :D

And your friends are cool - why aren't you as cool as them? :P

The first Shrek is awesome. I haven't watched it in a while though. And you're right Andy, it's much funnier than the second. Oh, and how mad is the "Shrek in the swamp, karaoke dance party"? XDDD

Kyoko
May 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM
I've loved Spiderman ever since I was like, 5 or 6, so even if the movies were crap, I'd still watch them.

However, there are a whole bunch of reasons why people like the series, but let's not get into that now k? XD;

Actually, let's see: He's your average teenager, so everyone can relate to him in a way. Unlike other superhero's he isn't fortunate enough to have money ... or the support of most of New York. He's light hearted, so it's nice to have a lil laugh while he's fighting. And he has an awesome suit :D

And your friends are cool - why aren't you as cool as them? :P

The first Shrek was awesome. I haven't watched it in a while though. Oh, and how mad is the "Shrek in the swamp, karaoke dance party"? XDDD
You are a true fan indeed ;D but meh, I didn't like it either growing up, so that may explain it as well XD

Yeah, but eveyone is your average joe in those kinds of series XDD But I'll give you the suit point. I've always been a fan of the suit and when he swings around from building to building with his spider web string 8D

Um excuse me, I'm cool and they're the ones who aren't. >=O

I know same here, and now that everyone's talking about it again I'm going to want to watch it XD But when it first came out I got sick of it since my brother watched it everyday :< And I LOVED the karaoke <33

Arcanine
May 1st, 2007, 04:25 PM
The first Shrek is awesome. I haven't watched it in a while though. And you're right Andy, it's much funnier than the second. Oh, and how mad is the "Shrek in the swamp, karaoke dance party"? XDDDIf you haven't then you're lucky. The only downside with the first Shrek was that it was too funny, at least for me and my brother. I say too funny because we watched it like everyday till it became boring. XD

I liked the swamp karaoke party. It was a very strange ending to a very strange movie. XD

Candelyce
May 1st, 2007, 04:32 PM
If you haven't then you're lucky. The only downside with the first Shrek was that it was too funny, at least for me and my brother. I say too funny because we watched it like everyday till it became boring. XD

I liked the swamp karaoke party. It was a very strange ending to a very strange movie. XD Shrek is a good movie, but have you seen Bridge to Terabithia? And my messenger's being screwy. It won't let me send you a message. >_>

Roni Love
May 1st, 2007, 04:35 PM
Sherk rocks! i am personally excited for sherk 3! at the end of the second movie donkey's babies with dragon where so adorable, can't wait to see how they turn out.

Kyoko
May 1st, 2007, 04:56 PM
If you haven't then you're lucky. The only downside with the first Shrek was that it was too funny, at least for me and my brother. I say too funny because we watched it like everyday till it became boring. XD

I liked the swamp karaoke party. It was a very strange ending to a very strange movie. XD
D: My brother did that as well. For seriously about a week straight, I was getting so annoyed with it that I thought I'd end up hating the movie. But of course, we went quite some time without seeing it and I liked it again =D

Sherk rocks! i am personally excited for sherk 3! at the end of the second movie donkey's babies with dragon where so adorable, can't wait to see how they turn out.
The donkey babies were intersting...and cute XDD I'm kind of curious about that too.

Jack O'Neill
May 1st, 2007, 05:00 PM
There was a n00b incursion in this thread earlier today. Unfortunately, the Espada and Menos Grande could not be mobilized in time to deal with the interlopers.

For the record, I'm not really looking forward that much to either Spider-Man 3 or Shrek the Third.

Kura
May 1st, 2007, 05:13 PM
I'm not looking forward to the next Shrek movie, but I really want to see Spiderman 3~ :3 I love Venom! And I heard that it was supposed to be a really great movie!!

Candelyce
May 1st, 2007, 05:20 PM
Tobey Maguire plays a good Spiderman, but I wish Spiderman didn't play the bad guy. ;;

Persona
May 1st, 2007, 05:24 PM
There was a n00b incursion in this thread earlier today. Unfortunately, the Espada and Menos Grande could not be mobilized in time to deal with the interlopers.

Perhaps they don't want to bother? I personally think they've got better things to do than terminating n00bs. XD

Jack O'Neill
May 1st, 2007, 05:32 PM
Perhaps they don't want to bother? I personally think they've got better things to do than terminating n00bs. XD
As long as they're given adequate compensation, the Hollows might be persuaded to terminate the n00bs for us. XD

For the record, Topher Grace is Venom.

Kura
May 1st, 2007, 05:38 PM
Tobey Maguire plays a good Spiderman, but I wish Spiderman didn't play the bad guy. ;;

I actually think that it adds an interesting twist to the story~ .o.

Jack O'Neill
May 1st, 2007, 05:46 PM
All you people who have jumped onto the Spider-Man bandwagon should do extremely well to read the original comic books.

Candelyce
May 1st, 2007, 05:49 PM
I actually don't care to read 25 year old material. The movies are easier for me.

Ayano Katagiri
May 1st, 2007, 07:55 PM
I want to watch Spiderman 3, it looks good from the trailer even though I havent seen the second one yet XD

I havent read the Spiderman comics... from Marvel, I've only read X-men...

Melody
May 1st, 2007, 09:19 PM
As long as they're given adequate compensation, the Hollows might be persuaded to terminate the n00bs for us. XD

For the record, Topher Grace is Venom.
Ya know...I kind of feel sorry for those n00bs...getting their souls eaten after 1 offence...No wonder many of the members are soulless...They get eated XDDD

....Yeah I think they should lay off the spiderman movies now...they are already discussing #4 in entertainment news...

As for shrek the 3rd...I want to see it but...I am gonna wait for it to come out on dvd...It will be cheaper to rent it than to see it in theaters...

Ayano Katagiri
May 1st, 2007, 10:37 PM
Y....Yeah I think they should lay off the spiderman movies now...they are already discussing #4 in entertainment news...

As for shrek the 3rd...I want to see it but...I am gonna wait for it to come out on dvd...It will be cheaper to rent it than to see it in theaters...

XD, the 4th one?? Will there be one... Spidey's one of those ones where you can keep on making movies, as his story does go a long way.

I want to see Shrek the 3rd as well... the trailer was funny for it.

Hakeen
May 2nd, 2007, 12:04 AM
Mooovies are so..something.
Stupid, that may be the word I'm thinking of.
Or maybe I don't like movies no more because I can't afford to watch them, either way..
Internet is better than movies, more interactivity.

Ayano Katagiri
May 2nd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Mooovies are so..something.
Stupid, that may be the word I'm thinking of.
Or maybe I don't like movies no more because I can't afford to watch them, either way..
Internet is better than movies, more interactivity.

Stupid??? Movies are so not stupid. They are the entertainment of this modern society. Apart from the Internet of course~ XD

Interactivity at the movies going with your friends.
The internet may seem better because it's got a wider range of places and activities to do on it.

Hakeen
May 2nd, 2007, 12:55 AM
Yeah, and that's why I prefer the internet.

You can't post in the DCC in a movie theatre, can you?
Unless you have wireless internet or mobile internet.
But yeah, internets better to me.

And what if I have no friends to go to the movies with? It's against my friends religion to leave the house socially or something.

Amachi
May 2nd, 2007, 01:00 AM
You are a true fan indeed ;D but meh, I didn't like it either growing up, so that may explain it as well XD

Yeah, but eveyone is your average joe in those kinds of series XDD But I'll give you the suit point. I've always been a fan of the suit and when he swings around from building to building with his spider web string 8D

Um excuse me, I'm cool and they're the ones who aren't. >=O

I know same here, and now that everyone's talking about it again I'm going to want to watch it XD But when it first came out I got sick of it since my brother watched it everyday :< And I LOVED the karaoke <33
hehehe, not really XD I just likes the series, that's all =]

Not really. Superman is an alien. Batman (as awesome as he is) is just some rich kid, and so on. Spiderman is just like every other teenager really, facing problems at school, with girls ... and crime fighting ^^;

no them

Yeah, like Andy said it's probably best every now and then XD;

Shrek is a good movie, but have you seen Bridge to Terabithia? And my messenger's being screwy. It won't let me send you a message. >_>
I wanna see Bridge to Terabithia!! I read it in year 6, and it was a nice lil book :(

He's not so much the bad guy, he's just more angry and violent thanks to the suit. There's plenty of other villains in the series without needing him as another one XD

All you people who have jumped onto the Spider-Man bandwagon should do extremely well to read the original comic books.
I hardly see how liking a movie is a similar to jumping onto a bandwagon.

I actually don't care to read 25 year old material. The movies are easier for me.

Well, I haven't read that many of the comics, but I really like the more recent material, specially from the 90's

....Yeah I think they should lay off the spiderman movies now...they are already discussing #4 in entertainment news...
That's cause Spiderman is awesome. And heck, if it makes money, then why not? XD;

lawl Nica, you need to get up and out a bit more often. Sure the net is entertaining, but there's stuff that you simply can't enjoy sitting in your chair at the monitor :(

Ayano Katagiri
May 2nd, 2007, 01:10 AM
Yeah, and that's why I prefer the internet.

You can't post in the DCC in a movie theatre, can you?
Unless you have wireless internet or mobile internet.
But yeah, internets better to me.

And what if I have no friends to go to the movies with? It's against my friends religion to leave the house socially or something.
Not everything in life is about posting Nica. XD
There are far more things to do out and about then post in the DCC all the time.

Lmao... you could just go by yourself, or you could go to a friend's house.
Time with friends isnt restricted to going to the cinema...
lawl Nica, you need to get up and out a bit more often. Sure the net is entertaining, but there's stuff that you simply can't enjoy sitting in your chair at the monitor :(
That says it all~ XD

pokejungle
May 2nd, 2007, 02:26 AM
Movie theatres definitely have a cool feel that no other place captures when you want to watch a movie. At least for me. But in Japan, it's so expensive I don't enjoy going as much in the US, although ironically, I probably see movies more over here now.

Going to see Spiderman 3 on Monday with some friends I think.

Hakeen
May 2nd, 2007, 03:08 AM
Not everything in life is about posting Nica. XD
There are far more things to do out and about then post in the DCC all the time.

Lmao... you could just go by yourself, or you could go to a friend's house.
Time with friends isnt restricted to going to the cinema...

I know that, not that hard to realise that life isn't about the computer.
Life is about friendships....And some other random crap.

No~I've got to have somebody with me.
The ebil green men will attack me. XD

And why did the instant you said can't enjoy and chair in the same sentance make me think of....actually I wont say what that made me think of.

Amachi
May 2nd, 2007, 03:13 AM
Movie theatres definitely have a cool feel that no other place captures when you want to watch a movie. At least for me. But in Japan, it's so expensive I don't enjoy going as much in the US, although ironically, I probably see movies more over here now.

Going to see Spiderman 3 on Monday with some friends I think.
Yeah, that's the only thing that makes me think twice about going to the movies - how much it costs. So I don't go all that often either, just cause seeing a movie can force me to shell out 20 dollars :(

And why did the instant you said can't enjoy and chair in the same sentance make me think of....actually I wont say what that made me think of.
I could probably guess, but it'll make both of us look bad ;D

Hakeen
May 2nd, 2007, 03:15 AM
Hey, I wouldn't be the one looking bad. You'd be the one who'd be saying it. XD
Which is ten times worse than thinking it. XD

Amachi
May 2nd, 2007, 03:25 AM
Yes, but now you just admitted to thinking it. So I could say anything I wanted and it would mean that you were thinking it :D

And if you so then choose to deny it, then you'd have to state what you were actually thinking, making you look bad :D

*win*

Hakeen
May 2nd, 2007, 03:28 AM
Oh fine, I admit it..
I was talking about..................................................

Stupid Ebil Xylophones. XD
Strikethroughed 'cause some little kid might read the first three letters and get offended. XD

So, really, you we're the one who was thinking that I was thinking it. So that's just all the worse for you. XD

Forci Stikane
May 2nd, 2007, 05:17 AM
Oh fine, I admit it..
I was talking about..................................................

Stupid Ebil Xylophones. XD
Strikethroughed 'cause some little kid might read the first three letters and get offended. XD

So, really, you we're the one who was thinking that I was thinking it. So that's just all the worse for you. XD

Why would a little kid be offended by "stu"? XDXDXDXD

And you knew that he was thinking about it, so you also knew what he was thinking. Which means not only were you thinking the same thing, but you were also breaking his privacy.

(I'm guessing that's the new topic...?)

pokejungle
May 2nd, 2007, 06:26 AM
That's not the new topic, it's too random and has no real substance.

We can continue talking about movie theaters if no one else can come up with something better.

MegaFuz
May 2nd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Movie theatres? Naw...we need something better.

Let's get back to figuring out why a little kid would be offended by the letters "stu".

Kamui
May 2nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
That's not the new topic, it's too random and has no real substance.

We can continue talking about movie theaters if no one else can come up with something better.
Whys that?
We could talk about D/P^^.

Hakeen
May 2nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
It wasn't stu XD
It was the first letters..XD

And I wasn't breaking his privacy because I just happened to know what I was thinking about and because I said that he replied and I realised he was thinking that aswell. XD

Forci Stikane
May 2nd, 2007, 05:30 PM
It wasn't stu XD

And I wasn't breaking his privacy because I just happened to know what I was thinking about and because I said that he replied and I realised he was thinking that aswell. XD

Hmm...

"Stupid Ebil Xylophones"...you're right, how in the world could I get "stu" from that? LOL

And I'm not getting caught in the paradox that is arguing about that last statement XD

pokejungle
May 2nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
It wasn't stu XD

Stupid Ebil Xylophones

I finally just got it. It took a bit of thinking though. Hmph.

Jack O'Neill
May 2nd, 2007, 05:39 PM
She was probably talking about the first letter of each word. Hence, Stupid Ebil Xylophones. However, subliminal messaging usually flies over the heads of those it's supposed to target in the first place.

pokejungle
May 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
She was probably talking about the first letter of each word. Hence, Stupid Ebil Xylophones. However, subliminal messaging usually flies over the heads of those it's supposed to target in the first place.
You totally were too late, as I obviously posted that. 2 minutes late to be precise.

Jack O'Neill
May 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
You totally were too late, as I obviously posted that. 2 minutes late to be precise.
And, as usual, I don't care whether I'm repeating previous statements.

pokejungle
May 2nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
And, as usual, I don't care whether I'm repeating previous statements.
Ok, whatever. Kind of of a stupid, poinless, and annoying message then, if you catch my drift.

marz
May 2nd, 2007, 06:25 PM
Ok, whatever. Kind of of a stupid, poinless, and annoying message then, if you catch my drift.

Wasn't that a stupid, annoying pointless message too?

Okay and set me strait why you're talking about sex Stupid Ebil Xylophones?

pokejungle
May 2nd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Wasn't that a stupid, annoying pointless message too?

Okay and set me strait why you're talking about sex Stupid Ebil Xylophones?
Psh, I was just pointing something out. Wasn't repeating what had previously been said.

marz
May 2nd, 2007, 06:37 PM
Psh, I was just pointing something out. Wasn't repeating what had previously been said.

Well it seems like you were just stating the obvious.

Melody
May 2nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
Well someone had to notice the Elephant in the room XD

pokejungle
May 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
So, who here has Diamond or Pearl?

I'm really enjoying my version I guess. Playing in English is really nice now. Right now I'm doing research so I can raise a proper team.

Amachi
May 2nd, 2007, 11:22 PM

*slaps forehead*

Guh, I can't believed I missed that lil message. lol sex, I was thinking "stu" as well XD;;;

Though I wasn't actually thinking that, I'm sure you all get the point XD;;;

*high five's Nica*

Anywho, I'd probably have Diamond tomorrow if PayPal wasn't being so damn craptacular. :(
I really want it now, but not as much as Jump! Ultimate Stars :DDDDD
How I'm gonna play it when I can't read Japanese, I have no idea XD;

How long is PayPal supposed to take to transfer money from my bank into my account anyway? Because it said it would take 2-3 days. However, the FAQ states 5-7 days for non-US banks, so I'm just like D:<

Then it's 3-5 days postage ;o;

Ayano Katagiri
May 2nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
I've got the Japanese version of Diamond~ got it last year on release date.

I wished I had someone else to battle... or Wi-fi to use. Otherwise the game's boring once you've finished it.

Amachi
May 2nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
Why don't you get a router or one of them Nintendo Wi-Fi thingies that you just plug into the USB port? I know it isn't all that cheap, but at least you can use them with your DS and any other games that can use it, plus the Wii as well.

Ayano Katagiri
May 2nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
I had been considering getting one, but my parents wont let me as it's way too expensive here (like most technology is). Plus... they say I'd spend too much time on it and waste time and money etc...

pokejungle
May 2nd, 2007, 11:42 PM
Why don't you get a router or one of them Nintendo Wi-Fi thingies that you just plug into the USB port? I know it isn't all that cheap, but at least you can use them with your DS and any other games that can use it, plus the Wii as well.
I just realized that's what I'm going to do o.o It just works with any broadband connector, right? And if I could use it in the US, then it'd be perfect ;D

But yeah, I got Diamond on release day too. At my local Toys R Us.

Amachi
May 2nd, 2007, 11:46 PM
I had been considering getting one, but my parents wont let me as it's way too expensive here (like most technology is). Plus... they say I'd spend too much time on it and waste time and money etc...
Yah parents are like that at times. But what else is time and money for if not for wasting away? XD

I just realized that's what I'm going to do o.o It just works with any broadband connector, right? And if I could use it in the US, then it'd be perfect ;D

But yeah, I got Diamond on release day too. At my local Toys R Us.
The Wi-Fi thingy? You just plug it into your PC I believe and away you go :D
And it should work fine in the US since it's just a peripheral device.

There's a Toys R Us in Japan now? o.O

Ayano Katagiri
May 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM
Yah parents are like that at times. But what else is time and money for if not for wasting away? XD

There's a Toys R Us in Japan now? o.O

I know... I wish it weren't sometimes. XD, spending on good things of course!

There's Toys R Us's everywhere.... but I think he was meaning the US.

Hakeen
May 3rd, 2007, 12:45 AM
I can't believe you all thought it was stu...XD
Seriously, and I'm younger and I even knew what it meant. XD
Most people should know my mind isn't always....clean. XD

So the rest of you are on about games and that..
I'll stay out until somebody else wants to know the true meaning of s3x
(Which is of course what I totally meantioned XD)

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 12:51 AM
The true meaning of s3x? Gee...that's a tough one to figure out. =X

Hakeen
May 3rd, 2007, 12:53 AM
It is..XD
All the scientists are sitting up in their high chairs testing theories about it.
But of course, since I'm so smart I totally know. XD

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
Aren't high chairs supposed to be used for babies? I've never heard of an infant scientist, but that would explain why they couldn't figure out the big mystery. XD

Hakeen
May 3rd, 2007, 12:56 AM
Yeah, they're like..
Einstein in the making. XD
(Not 100% sure if he was a scientist/existed)
I had an urge to say Hilter then. XD

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 12:58 AM
Einstein was most definitely a scientist, and most definitely existed. You're kidding me, right? o.O

Hakeen
May 3rd, 2007, 12:59 AM
Um..
Yeah, of course I was, I was just kidding around that I didn't know him.
Not knowing that guy is like..sheesh. XD

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 01:00 AM
You continue to amaze me, Nica.

Hakeen
May 3rd, 2007, 01:03 AM
I'll just take that as a compliment, even if it wasn't..I'm taking it. XD
Or was it sarcasm. Meh. XD

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 01:05 AM
Nope, wasn't sarcasm. Wasn't necessarily a compliment or a dis. =\ Meh...take it for whatever you choose. XD

Hakeen
May 3rd, 2007, 01:06 AM
I think....I'll choose it to be a positive. XD
Which, in that case is good~

Amachi
May 3rd, 2007, 01:08 AM
I know... I wish it weren't sometimes. XD, spending on good things of course!

There's Toys R Us's everywhere.... but I think he was meaning the US.
No, he's in Japan at the moment, so yeah XD

I must say that you also continue to amaze me Nica XD

Hakeen
May 3rd, 2007, 01:14 AM
They're both amazed..
Such an amazing world, with people being amazed. XD

I should have stopped at one amaze..XD

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 01:15 AM
I think it's crazy Toys R Us overtook FAO Schwartz as the main toy store in New York City. FAO Schwartz was one of the biggest attractions in NYC, but now it's just not what it used to be. The last time I was there I was highly disappointed. I think I remember hearing that they almost went bankrupt and had to change owners/the style of the store. Now it's all high-end toys. I can't imagine they're doing better now though. Who goes into a toy store planning to drop hundreds of dollars on a toy or two? Unless it's electronics, that is...but I don't believe they even sell electronics anymore. =\ I remember back in the day when I went there, FAO was always packed. I just don't get it...

beauty. proletariat
May 3rd, 2007, 02:19 AM
Uum... I want to go to NY.... Lol...back to page 5, I heard that theres gonna be free wifi in aus (like Hong Kong) sponsored by telstra and nintendo... Check this out: http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/11080/532/
Lawl... An Aussie's dream... Eating a Hot Big Mac with Coke and Fries.... Playing Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Wifi Style...

Ayano Katagiri
May 3rd, 2007, 02:24 AM
No, he's in Japan at the moment, so yeah XD

But he was talking about playing the English version of D/P.... I dont expect the Japanese stores to have English copies....

pokejungle
May 3rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
But he was talking about playing the English version of D/P.... I dont expect the Japanese stores to have English copies....
I'm playing the English Pearl game *now*. I had originally bought Diamond in Japanese however. So yeah, Toys R Us in Japan.

I'm not in America ATM, so I wouldn't normally have access to the English game if it hadn't been shipped to me.

Forci Stikane
May 3rd, 2007, 07:28 AM
subliminal messaging usually flies over the heads of those it's supposed to target in the first place.

And jokes fly over the heads of many others, apparently including yourself. I thought the "XDXDXDXD" I put right after the comment would have made that clear...

Anyway, back to the current topic...um...ah, yes, Diamond & Pearl. The one obstacle in the way of me coming on here as much...seriously, I'd already clocked over 60 hours of game time by last Thursday or so...complete with a wireless router that was purchased due to an increase in computers in our house (at least, that's what I led my mom to believe ;) ).

So, um...yeah, not much else to say on it other than how ADDICTING it is.

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
I'm playing the English Pearl game *now*. I had originally bought Diamond in Japanese however. So yeah, Toys R Us in Japan.

I'm not in America ATM, so I wouldn't normally have access to the English game if it hadn't been shipped to me.

Do you know enough Japanese to even play that version, or did you just prefer getting the English version? I've played some Japanese Pokemon roms and have been able to get through the game well enough, but only because I had already played the English versions.

Cherrim
May 3rd, 2007, 11:01 AM
I fail at Japanese ROMs. I remember trying to play Emerald in Japanese before it came out and...I would get so caught up in trying to read and understand EVERYTHING that it took me like three days to get up to those first woods. So I quit. XD; It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't know some of the language, I think. :\

As for DP, it's become a chore to go through for me. My obsession's already sort of worn off. XD I'm sick of fighting gym battles. It took me a week to do the sixth and seventh badges, rofl. *moving on from the seventh gym now* <_<;

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 11:20 AM
Battling in Pokemon games can definitely get redundant. It's never been my main interest in the game though. My main interest is collecting all the different species, training, and creating the best possible team I can make. Battling is only really fun for me if I'm playing against friends and whatnot.

Oh...and of course following the story-line is always fun. XD

Legacy
May 3rd, 2007, 11:26 AM
I haven't played Diamond/Pearl yet so I can't comment on them, but the storyline in previous Pokémon games has been extremely weak, particular the Colour/Metal generations, and the Jewel generation wasn't much better, either.

That's something the franchise has always lacked; an involving storyline and variety in gameplay. They can put more bells and whistles on it if they want, but it's still just about beating eight gym leaders followed by the Elite4.

I was kinda hoping the new games would change all of that but, by all accounts I've heard so far, it hasn't.

Cherrim
May 3rd, 2007, 11:34 AM
Nnnnope. It got a bit interesting and the "plot" picked up between the sixth and seventh gym. So I'm all psyched to do it, and then they're like "YOU CAN'T GO HERE TILL YOU BEAT THIS GYM 8DDD" so I gave up for a few days. XD; Not to mention it took forever to GET to the next gym. <_<;;

I just like collecting the Pokémon and such. o_o But I never have the drive to complete the Pokédex anymore. I haven't since I did it on Red, at least. XD;

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 11:38 AM
I just like collecting the Pokémon and such. o_o But I never have the drive to complete the Pokédex anymore. I haven't since I did it on Red, at least. XD;

I havn't completed a Dex since Red either. There are just too many now. I just tend to go after the monsters I like the most. XD

Legacy
May 3rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
So you have to wait until you're 3/4 of the way into the overall "game" until the plot actually gets interesting. It's pathetic, really. Any other franchise would be destroyed if they did that.

Yeah, I've only completed the Pokédex on Pokémon Blue too. I never got close to completing it on Gold, and I never could catch that damn Feebas on Ruby. :(

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 11:57 AM
So you have to wait until you're 3/4 of the way into the overall "game" until the plot actually gets interesting. It's pathetic, really. Any other franchise would be destroyed if they did that.

I think it would be quite interesting if the Pokemon franchise came out with a more mature line of games. All in all, Pokemon has been aimed at a younger age group. With a good amount of older fans who have followed the franchise since the days of R/B/Y, I think there would be a great chance of success there. Then again, I doubt the creators would want to do anything that would sacrifice the large following of younger fans.

Forci Stikane
May 3rd, 2007, 12:25 PM
Hmm...problems with the plot? It seems to me that something different WAS attempted......OH YEAH, in those Gamecube games practically nobody else on here liked >.> ...Seriously, if they DID give a better plot, more than half the fans would complain about it.

Yes, I filled out the Pokedexes. Each and every single one of them on each and every single game. Not that hard with them all, but took a while.

And the most annoying part...would be the Wild Pokemon battles when I'm backtracking or in a hurry. I'll admit that D/P are the first Pokemon games when I actually invested in Max Repels. That's how bad it got.

Cherrim
May 3rd, 2007, 12:30 PM
Well, I think they got away with it in this gen because of the wifi. XD; Otherwise I wouldn't be nearly as enthusiastic about it as I am now.

I didn't come close to completing the Pokédex in Gold/Ruby/FireRed. I probably won't bother now, either. Waaaay too much work. XD; And the stupid event Pokémon. <_<

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 12:48 PM
Hmm...problems with the plot? It seems to me that something different WAS attempted......OH YEAH, in those Gamecube games practically nobody else on here liked >.> ...Seriously, if they DID give a better plot, more than half the fans would complain about it.

And the most annoying part...would be the Wild Pokemon battles when I'm backtracking or in a hurry. I'll admit that D/P are the first Pokemon games when I actually invested in Max Repels. That's how bad it got.

Why would people complain if a better plot was implemented. That makes absolutely no sense to me. =\

I always have a surplus of repels on me. I can't stand getting held up by weak wild Pokemon when I'm trying to get something accomplished.

Well, I think they got away with it in this gen because of the wifi. XD; Otherwise I wouldn't be nearly as enthusiastic about it as I am now.

I didn't come close to completing the Pokédex in Gold/Ruby/FireRed. I probably won't bother now, either. Waaaay too much work. XD; And the stupid event Pokémon. <_<

Definitely. Wi-fi is what makes D/P attractive. Simple as that.

Heck no. Heh, I really don't even see the point in "catching 'em all". At least after the first generation anyway. I just focused on improving my team as much as possible, and catching the species that appeal to me the most.

Cherrim
May 3rd, 2007, 12:49 PM
I can see doing it if I had a real incentive to do it. I mean, all I got in Red was a frigging in-game plaque. Didn't the Japanese version give you a Mew?

._. If I had a reward like that to look forward to if I completed the 'dex, maybe I'd actually do it.

MegaFuz
May 3rd, 2007, 01:00 PM
I can see doing it if I had a real incentive to do it. I mean, all I got in Red was a frigging in-game plaque. Didn't the Japanese version give you a Mew?

._. If I had a reward like that to look forward to if I completed the 'dex, maybe I'd actually do it.

Yeah, I was so disappointed with that plaque in Red. I was expecting something a lot more exciting. I guess that played a big part in me having no motivation to complete the Dex in any of the other games. As far as Mew in the Japanese version goes, I'm not too sure. I thought the only way to get Mew was at an event or with GameShark. You could be right though...

Cherrim
May 3rd, 2007, 01:06 PM
I think I remember it was a Mew in the Japanese version and then they took it out in North America so people would go to the events to get one. Of course, they never HAD the events up where I was. DX

So yes. No incentive means Erica probably won't do it. XD

pokejungle
May 3rd, 2007, 02:37 PM
Personally, I think that this game has much longer routes. I don't remember any of the games taking this long to get from gym to gym, or so many little things to complete before you can access a certain area.

When I first got the game, I didn't want to play it that much. But now I've gotten really sucked in and spent like 40 minutes constructing what my future team should be based on stats and stuff.

So yeah, little bit interesting to me. A lot interesting. Whatever.

EDIT: I hate the new pokedex that rewards you for simply seeing a Pokemon. Catching isn't stressed enough IMO. It's kind of pathetic.

Cherrim
May 3rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I was really surprised after like...two hours in, I'd already recorded something like 40 in my Pokédex when I hadn't even caught 6 Pokémon. I mean, I guess it's a little better since I never end up catching anything after the first little while in a Pokémon game (I get into the mindset of "oh, I'll come back for this Pokémon later when I'm completing the 'dex")...but it IS a little disappointing. Seems too easy. :\

Arcanine
May 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
Diamond isn't a let down to me, it's just I wish it was a little more plot filled (even for a Pokemon game it's sort of weak). But other then that, I love it. I have already beaten 4 Gyms, all my Pokemon are level 38-40, and I have 90 hours put on it (yes, all three are off. I shouldn't be only 4 Gyms in, have Pokemon within the 6th or 7th Gym range, and for all them hours I should be way way ahead XD).
My thing right now is online battles/trades. I just love the Wi-Fi battles and trades. I beat so and so and lose to so and so in battles, I get Pokemon from my friends in trades (like Erica sent me over a Pichu today XD). I just find that fun and the main reason why I got Diamond.

Ayano Katagiri
May 3rd, 2007, 08:58 PM
Personally, I think that this game has much longer routes. I don't remember any of the games taking this long to get from gym to gym, or so many little things to complete before you can access a certain area.

EDIT: I hate the new pokedex that rewards you for simply seeing a Pokemon. Catching isn't stressed enough IMO. It's kind of pathetic.

I agree, some parts of the game seems much longer than any of the previous ones. Whether it's the 3D-ish effect making that, I dont know but some towns seem so far away.

XD, it's just not challenging enough. The intro/save file entry states that I have 230 or so Pokemon in my Pokedex when I really have aroun 130.

I wished they had added an extra storyline to the game, like after the E4 and beating everything on the North-Eastern Island...

pokejungle
May 4th, 2007, 05:37 AM
They need more fire Pokemon, for sure. Never thought I'd end up using a Ponyta in any Pokemon game, but guess what I'm stuck with! Chimchar is just too ugly for me to use. That second form looks like a clown.

Personally though, I like when people join you for a short stretch. It's kind of cool having a partner to battle with. It makes the game a bit more interesting, although you're almost invincible with them healing your Pokemon.

Just a tip for beginners, the abra you can get from a NPC if you give them a machop can grow really fast. And kadabra comes in handy.

Cherrim
May 4th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Taht was one of my favourite parts of GSC. After you were done with Johto, it was just a short jaunt to Kanto and you could do it all over again. I loved that. T_T; I wish they'd bring something like that back to the series. I didn't see those islands in FR as enough to make me beat the game so apparently I never did. (Thought I did, though. XD)

Anyway, I also agree with the fire Pokémon thing. I'm just stopping altogether today until David trades me a Houndour sometime tonight. <_<; I'm sick of not having a fire Pokémon, I hate the monkey thing, and I've never cared for Ponyta. So I might as well just raise something I like, since I planned it for my final team anyway. :|

Those double battles are awesome though. XD That's how I raised my Magikarp the last 5 levels to Gyarados at the beginning of the game. Just let Chansey do all the work and heal me after. xD

pokejungle
May 4th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Gyrados would be on my team if Piplup wasn't covering the water section for me~ I really wanted to use Lumineon but no need really.

I'm sort of training a Zubat to be a crobat now, not sure why though. I just do that on every single game...even though I KNOW I won't use this 'bat. I have one on my Diamond already. The flying Pokemon I'm looking forward to is definitely Mothim at the moment, it really impressed me with the moveset you can get on it at the end.

I'm going to complete the 'Dex on my Pearl game, since I have Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, and LeafGreen to back me up. Just to do it once, y'know? I've always wanted to.

Sammi
May 4th, 2007, 06:37 AM

I like it, actually. To be honest, I hated filling up the Pokédex for access to some of the islands in FRLG. I don't like filling up the Pokédex the majority of the time. I'd rather just catch what I need to beat the game.

I'm doing more catching than I usually do right now. Part of it is curiousity, and part of it is I don't know what I want for a team. I want to get rid of some of my Pokémon, but I haven't a clue what to switch yet.

Taht was one of my favourite parts of GSC. After you were done with Johto, it was just a short jaunt to Kanto and you could do it all over again. I loved that. T_T; I wish they'd bring something like that back to the series. I didn't see those islands in FR as enough to make me beat the game so apparently I never did. (Thought I did, though. XD)

Anyway, I also agree with the fire Pokémon thing. I'm just stopping altogether today until David trades me a Houndour sometime tonight. <_<; I'm sick of not having a fire Pokémon, I hate the monkey thing, and I've never cared for Ponyta. So I might as well just raise something I like, since I planned it for my final team anyway. :|

Those double battles are awesome though. XD That's how I raised my Magikarp the last 5 levels to Gyarados at the beginning of the game. Just let Chansey do all the work and heal me after. xD

How about a GSC remake? 8D *shot*
It was fun, even though Kanto was really short. It was stripped compared to what it was in the RBY days. :/ A proper two-region game would be kind of fun, actually. Of course, that'd mean more work for the developers, so it probably won't happen.

Hm, there is quite a lack, huh? But then again, I'm not using a Fire Pokémon right now, so it doesn't bother me.

I didn't use the double battles to my advantage. I just wanted to get out of the places as fast as I could. :/ And it was irritating when I had a crappy Pokémon out and it'd take forever to knock the Pokémon out. That was my fault though. XD

Hakeen
May 5th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I can't get either D/P. Nan and Pop don't want me to getz it, and I spent my money. XD

Anyways, I'm kinda a little unhappy that PC wasn't down for much longer than a day.
It would have been kool for it to be down for a week again.

Legacy
May 5th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Why don't you just go away for a week then, if you didn't want to be here for that long.

Hakeen
May 5th, 2007, 03:38 PM
But then everybody else gets to post. No, that's unfair. Sometimes it's enjoyable to see others complain. XD

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 5th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I really don't like when it's down :(
Everytime i get the error i get mad xD
I am happy it's up again now though

Hakeen
May 5th, 2007, 03:42 PM
The DBE message is more comforting than it loading slow. XD

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 5th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Do you think so? I really don't.
When it's loading slow you kinda have a hope for it to load.
With the database error there is no chance

Hakeen
May 5th, 2007, 03:47 PM
DBE's are better only because after a certain amount of refreshings, they don't display DBE anymore, and loading is a little faster, than just no DBE. If you made sense of that....good. XD

On a good note..my theme uploaded..yay. XD
Took long enough to upload.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 5th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Well, i can see what you mean.
I have noticed that too. After the DBE the server is so much faster in loading. After a while it gets slower and slower and then it stops, then DBE again. It's an evil circle xD

Hakeen
May 5th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah..that's why, it being slow just sucks. Though DBE's don't suck as much as everybody says it to be. XD

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 5th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I hate it when it's down. It's nothing to do in the meanwhile xD
I just go out and jump on the trampoline with my GF and come back in again to see if it's still down.

Ayano Katagiri
May 5th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Why don't you just go away for a week then, if you didn't want to be here for that long.
It could be possible that when you return, it's still like that. Or that you missed out on it not erroring during the week away XD[/QUOTE]
I have noticed that too. After the DBE the server is so much faster in loading. After a while it gets slower and slower and then it stops, then DBE again. It's an evil circle xD
Umm.. not always. It may seem that because you get to post, but sometimes it just goes DBE straight afterwards again.

pokejungle
May 5th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I tried to post here and then got a DBE. Yuck.

PC is going to hell in a handbasket because of these server issues.

Hakeen
May 5th, 2007, 07:56 PM
PC is going to hell in a handbasket because of these server issues.

Good metaphor..if it was intended to be. Or, I just found it funny. XD

The worst thing about DBE's is sometimes the posts don't show up in new posts ect. XD

pokejungle
May 5th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Good metaphor..if it was intended to be. Or, I just found it funny. XD

The worst thing about DBE's is sometimes the posts don't show up in new posts ect. XD

It's a common phrase in English, but it's kind of old.

Kura
May 5th, 2007, 08:18 PM
I hate DBE.. not really for posting, because I don't post much anymore anyways, but for checking PMs and to see if old friends are on here.. ._. So puu..

Hakeen
May 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Phrase-
Well, I've never heard of it before...

You just said your username. XD Soez, is that why you chose it, so you can meantion it so I can laugh? XD

Chibi-chan
May 6th, 2007, 06:32 AM
*sigh* I don't even come here anymore...I dunno, it's just...
Well, I can't explain it.
But there are people here I love and will NEVAR EVAR forget. You know who you are. *lurks around PC again*

Dawg 2005
May 6th, 2007, 06:40 AM
The Database Errors is what did it for me. That, and I can just talk to my friends over MSN or AIM. It's a shame I don't come here anymore though, I had some pretty good times here.

I didn't even realize I was here for two years until about a month after that day. XD

Chibi-chan
May 6th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Month and two days ago for me :P

HOW R U DAWG?

Yoshistar64
May 6th, 2007, 06:50 AM
I believe that some of the worst things that DBEs can do is get people to leave permanently, as few people did. That person could be a good friend. Yeah. Another thing is that it could get you to double post and people would jump down your throat. Too much DBEs=too much double posts=warning...

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 6th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Well, when there is so much DBE is can see that people leave the community.
They have a pretty god reason for doing it.

Kyoko
May 6th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't leave PC just because of DBE's, I love this place too much to ;; Though when there are DBE's I tend to just do something else off the computer. It gives me a break from it XD

The Database Errors is what did it for me. That, and I can just talk to my friends over MSN or AIM. It's a shame I don't come here anymore though, I had some pretty good times here.

I didn't even realize I was here for two years until about a month after that day. XD
You could still have some good 'ole times here ;; but meh, good job on the two years XD

Sammi
May 6th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Another thing is that it could get you to double post and people would jump down your throat. Too much DBEs=too much double posts=warning...
We don't warn people for accidental double posts. If that were the case, there'd be a lot of people with warnings right now. xD Besides, it'd be wrong to warn people for the site's problems.
I don't know about most mods, but I usually just delete the spare and move on with life. I don't know if members make it a big deal or not though. From what I've seen, that isn't the case. :/

I couldn't leave because of DBEs either. I really am addicted to this place. I was lonely yesterday. ;_; </3 Sometimes I wonder if I need a life... *shot* XD

Yoshistar64
May 6th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I was lonely yesterday as well... All I did was play Metroid Prime Hunters Wi-fi and Mario Kart DS Wi-fi... it was fun, but that was ALL I did. I'm hooked on this place.

Roni Love
May 6th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Mario Kart DS Wi-fi i love that game it's like my ..... life... nah kidding but i do love that game.

Amachi
May 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't leave PC just because of DBE's, I love this place too much to ;; Though when there are DBE's I tend to just do something else off the computer. It gives me a break from it XD
yeah, same here. I usually get a lot of homework or (and most likely or) something else done that's quite nonsensical and non-school related XD;

We don't warn people for accidental double posts. If that were the case, there'd be a lot of people with warnings right now. xD Besides, it'd be wrong to warn people for the site's problems.
I don't know about most mods, but I usually just delete the spare and move on with life. I don't know if members make it a big deal or not though. From what I've seen, that isn't the case. :/

I couldn't leave because of DBEs either. I really am addicted to this place. I was lonely yesterday. ;_; </3 Sometimes I wonder if I need a life... *shot* XD
I usually just delete (leaving some long-winded reason for it XD) and move onto the next thread. They are never anything important to make a big deal about. I laugh at the one's though when there's like, a 10 or so minute gap between the posts XD

PC's like a curse no? XD

Hakeen
May 6th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Another thing is that it could get you to double post and people would jump down your throat. Too much DBEs=too much double posts=warning...

Double posts are never a problem for me....sometimes I just copy and paste the post or, I'd get pissed off and close the window resulting in no post x3

Ayano Katagiri
May 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM
I was lonely yesterday as well... All I did was play Metroid Prime Hunters Wi-fi and Mario Kart DS Wi-fi... it was fun, but that was ALL I did. I'm hooked on this place.
That sounds like fun. I wish I could do that once in awhile...
Double posts are never a problem for me....sometimes I just copy and paste the post or, I'd get pissed off and close the window resulting in no post x3
I just copy and paste, and then when it finally loads I just quickly post it. Or I leave it and find out I've double posted, only to take even longer trying to delete the second post.

Hakeen
May 6th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I always like picking you up on double posts..
If I counted the amount of double-post screenies I have..it'd be like...woah. XD

Ayano Katagiri
May 6th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I always like picking you up on double posts..
If I counted the amount of double-post screenies I have..it'd be like...woah. XD

That's only because you enjoy it so much that you take screenshots of it. There's no real point in doing so.

Hakeen
May 6th, 2007, 11:35 PM
I do that so I can laugh at you much later. Laughing at others is lots of fuuuuun XD

Ayano Katagiri
May 6th, 2007, 11:38 PM
You may get a laugh out of it, but no one else does seeing as most dont care if you have a screenshot of them double-posting. It's not that big of a deal, seeing as it was caused by a system problem.

MegaFuz
May 6th, 2007, 11:39 PM
PC's like a curse no? XD

It really is. I've checked out various other forums, but none of them appeal to me as much as PC has. I'll take my activity elsewhere when major server issues go down, but I've always crawled back here afterwards. XD

And Flavaquil, you should know by now that Nica does some strange, stalker-ish things like that from time to time. =\

Hakeen
May 6th, 2007, 11:41 PM
You may get a laugh out of it, but no one else does seeing as most dont care if you have a screenshot of them double-posting. It's not that big of a deal, seeing as it was caused by a system problem.

It's just one of those small little things that amuse me. I should get amused lesser...or something. XD

Fuz- I don't do stalking....much.

Ayano Katagiri
May 6th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Each to one's own amusements then.

Btw, I just noticed you're using invisi again.

Hakeen
May 6th, 2007, 11:44 PM
And it took you....like...ages to realise I'm using invisible, actually...more alike...twenty minutes. XD

MegaFuz
May 6th, 2007, 11:45 PM

Right...and pigs can fly...

Hakeen
May 6th, 2007, 11:46 PM
They can..
In planes, they accept pigs now.

Ayano Katagiri
May 6th, 2007, 11:47 PM
And Flavaquil, you should know by now that Nica does some strange, stalker-ish things like that from time to time. =\
Yeah, I already knew that. And sometimes it's just plain weird XD
No... you stalk people's old posts, going down memory lane's of others O_o
And it took you....like...ages to realise I'm using invisible, actually...more alike...twenty minutes. XD
I only just came online.

Hakeen
May 6th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Time goes by fast. We both know it was twenty. XD
And, others like their memories.

MegaFuz
May 6th, 2007, 11:51 PM
They can..
In planes, they accept pigs now.

...I don't even know how to respond to that.

Yeah, I already knew that. And sometimes it's just plain weird XD

Nica? Weird? Nawwww... ;D

Ayano Katagiri
May 6th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Time goes by fast. We both know it was twenty. XD
And, others like their memories.

You know it was twenty. I wasn't keeping track.

Yesh... and you like seeing those memories.

Sometimes. Especially in a bored mood.

Hakeen
May 6th, 2007, 11:55 PM
...I don't even know how to respong to that.

Respong? Rly? XD

Yeah..I'm never weird.

You know it was twenty. I wasn't keeping track.

Yesh... and you like seeing those memories.

We know so.

I do? Oh yeah, I guess I do..
But, Not always.

Ayano Katagiri
May 6th, 2007, 11:58 PM
We know so.

I do? Oh yeah, I guess I do..
But, Not always.

It was you keeping count. Time is a thing that never stops and I dont notice the time usually anyway, especially when I'm on the computer. It just flys by.

Yes....

Hakeen
May 6th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I'm sure...
Aw well, I guess it might not be exactly twenty now..
But yeah, time does go by fast.
This month is going by slow...XD

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Respong? Rly? XD

So I can't spell...so what? At least I'm not weird like you. XDD

You probably got a screenie of that, didn't you? =OOO

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I can't spell either, no need to worry. XD

If I was weird, my username would say I'm weird..and what does it say? Oh yeah, it doesn't say weird. XD

You bet I did. XD

Ayano Katagiri
May 7th, 2007, 12:15 AM
If I was weird, my username would say I'm weird..and what does it say? Oh yeah, it doesn't say weird. XD

You bet I did. XD

It says okashiikawaii XD

I anticipated that... I looked through your PB screenies account. That was... random.

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2007, 12:15 AM
I can't spell either, no need to worry. XD

You bet I did. XD

Yeah well your username means "cute", and you most certainly are not cute. =X

*creepy Jaws music plays in the background*

*backs away slowly*

Back off, stalker! XD

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah well your username means "cute", and you most certainly are not cute. =X

*creepy Jaws music plays in the background*

*backs away slowly*

Back off, stalker! XD

I SO TOTALLY AM~!XD
Somebody in this world reakons I am..
I just don't know them yet.

It says okashiikawaii XD

I anticipated that... I looked through your PB screenies account. That was... random.

Mhm yesh..random, well, what else should it be, perfect?

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2007, 12:22 AM
I SO TOTALLY AM~!XD
Somebody in this world reakons I am..
I just don't know them yet.

Exactly. XD

I just looked through your screenies. I have to admit, you had more of me than I thought you would. Which creeps me out even more...

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 12:24 AM
I don't have loads of you intentionally..
Other people complain I don't have enough of them.
I'll lessen on you. XD

Ayano Katagiri
May 7th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Mhm yesh..random, well, what else should it be, perfect?
Yes. Arranged in a perfect and beautiful layout for everyone to easily view. XD

I just looked through your screenies. I have to admit, you had more of me than I thought you would. Which creeps me out even more...

I noticed that too when I was having a look...

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 12:25 AM
They can view it.
They're entitled PCScreenshot and then a number, how much more organised could you get? XD
Though, they aren't really in order.

Ayano Katagiri
May 7th, 2007, 12:28 AM
You can stratify them into groups depending on where they came from and then order them alphabetically within each strata.

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2007, 12:28 AM
I noticed that too when I was having a look...

Scary, no? o.O;;

Hey, at least you use Blue Variant most of the time, Nica. 'Tis by far the best theme here at PC. ;D

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 12:30 AM
You can stratify them into groups depending on where they came from and then order them alphabetically within each strata.

Riight, I'll try that sometime.

Hey, at least you use Blue Variant most of the time, Nica. 'Tis by far the best theme here at PC. ;D

Yup, the simplest for me to use.
Everything else distracts me from the big picture. XD

Ayano Katagiri
May 7th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Scary, no? o.O;;

Very scary. XD

Yeah, Nica uses Blue Variant. I learnt that when I was looking through.

Do you really think it's the best?? I haven't used it before, I use Winter Friends right now.

Riight, I'll try that sometime.
I doubt you will.. but at least you'll remember the suggestion. XD

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 12:33 AM
It was actually sarcasm..so yeah. XD
That post confused me. XD

Winter friends suxxxxxx. Imo.

Ayano Katagiri
May 7th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I thought it was. So I didn't reply with an outrageous statement.
XD did it? It was the release of the byproduct from Statistics in class for the past week.

I like it. Well I like light and blue themes.

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 12:37 AM
That sarcasm detector still working? Eh? XD

Winter friends header is creepy..XD

Ayano Katagiri
May 7th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Yes it is. At least, half the time anyway.

How is that creepy?? XD

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 12:44 AM
I just re-tried it.
It's just too different compaired to blue varient. XD
I'm not a big fan of difference.

Ayano Katagiri
May 7th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Can't handle the change well?
I know what it's like, especially in real life situations when something that is routine just changes and having to get reaccustomed to it is quite hard depending on what it is.

I might try Blue Variant later.

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Yeah, change isn't very good..
Like, life pretty much just change. And, I like how life is atm. But, I know, some big force out there will change something. XD

Good~

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Yup, the simplest for me to use.
Everything else distracts me from the big picture. XD

Yeah, I prefer simple themes that aren't all busy with crazy colors and pictures.

Very scary. XD

Yeah, Nica uses Blue Variant. I learnt that when I was looking through.

Do you really think it's the best?? I haven't used it before, I use Winter Friends right now.

Definitely. Not a big fan of Winter Friends. =\

Well I'm off to bed now. I'll catch you all later.

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 12:51 AM
I also like those little faint black squares on BV..they look kewl.
Baiz, and, I'll be like totally alone...
Alex is leaving aswell..so yeah. XD

pokejungle
May 7th, 2007, 04:05 AM
*sigh* I don't even come here anymore...I dunno, it's just...
Well, I can't explain it.
But there are people here I love and will NEVAR EVAR forget. You know who you are. *lurks around PC again*
You better be talking about me twinnie.

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Ugh. I just went back and read that little conversation on Page 7 about the DBE and people leaving for that reason. It's a a real shame so many people have become inactive because of them. I guess I try not to worry about it too much, but I do miss a lot of older members. That said, it is a forum and members should be expected to come and go. I guess it just hurts a lot more to know that a few dollar signs and a new server are the only things that stand in the way of PC reverting back to how it was a year or so ago. It also hurts to know that people let a little downtime stand in the way of their love for PC and its members...

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 7th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Megafuz: I totally agree with you. But i think that most of the members are loyal to the PokeCommunity and still keep coming here. The DBE is surely annoying but i don't see it as a reason for stop coming here. I love this place and could never let something like that destroy it.

Dawson
May 7th, 2007, 11:55 AM
The thing is, though, not everyone loves this forum enough to stick out the constant, annoying DB errors. Especially people who are members at other forums that do run properly. Why put up with the hassle and frustration of one forum when you can have an easy time posting at another forum?

And it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than a stable server for PC to return to anywhere near its former glory. This place is a shadow of what it used to be and, unfortunately, that's how it's gonna stay.

flight
May 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
The thing is, though, not everyone loves this forum enough to stick out the constant, annoying DB errors. Especially people who are members at other forums that do run properly. Why put up with the hassle and frustration of one forum when you can have an easy time posting at another forum?

And it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than a stable server for PC to return to anywhere near its former glory. This place is a shadow of what it used to be and, unfortunately, that's how it's gonna stay.

I'm afraid to say that you're correct about that, Dawsy. The DB errors almost made me give up on PC more than one way or another. Refreshing isn't going to work. And the DBs can last anywhere from a few minutes to days, as proven last time and last year.

I find this annoying, but unless PC moves to a new server or whatever, we have to deal with the interruption of the DBs >>;

Forci Stikane
May 7th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Indeed. I, too, have noticed the decline in the forum. As depressing it is to admit, it's mostly due to the hype of Pokemon Diamond & Pearl and all the people it's sending online. Unfortunately for us, most of these people not only fail to contribute in other areas, but don't even seem to understand the rules (as evident by all the multiple-posting that goes on there). I'm one of the only maybe FOUR veteran members that actually goes over there, and most of the others have 0 post counts due to their lack of posting elsewhere. It's so sad...Add to that the stress placed on the server by all the posters, and...maybe it was a bad idea to open up an easily-accessable Trading Post...

I even just got a Database Error trying to post this the first time.

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I love this place and could never let something like that destroy it.

You just love the animals FC...and posting to your girlfriend. It's like...in the animals FC..I like get totally/almost ignored by you. So..you don't just love PC. XD

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Indeed. I, too, have noticed the decline in the forum. As depressing it is to admit, it's mostly due to the hype of Pokemon Diamond & Pearl and all the people it's sending online. Unfortunately for us, most of these people not only fail to contribute in other areas, but don't even seem to understand the rules (as evident by all the multiple-posting that goes on there). I'm one of the only maybe FOUR veteran members that actually goes over there, and most of the others have 0 post counts due to their lack of posting elsewhere. It's so sad...Add to that the stress placed on the server by all the posters, and...maybe it was a bad idea to open up an easily-accessable Trading Post...

Well, I believe active Moderators would help that situation out a lot, cutting back on spam and such. Heck...I look at the list of Moderators and some of them I havn't seen online in months. If you aren't going to do your job the right way, you should at least have the decency to step down like Lightning and Ryotaro did to let someone else step in. Mind you, I'm not referring to all Mods with that statement. I'm well aware certain individuals do more than their share of work.

Dawson
May 7th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Well, I believe active Moderators would help that situation out a lot, cutting back on spam and such. Heck...I look at the list of Moderators and some of them I havn't seen online in months. If you aren't going to do your job the right way, you should at least have the decency to step down like Lightning and Ryotaro did to let someone else step in. Mind you, I'm not referring to all Mods with that statement. I'm well aware certain individuals do more than their share of work.
One thing to remember when you don't see mods online is that quite a few of them are set to invisible mode, so only other staff members can see them online. But, you are right, though, a few mods could do with quitting/being replaced as there are some inactive ones and some that just don't have enough work to warrant that mod spot.

And there are some people who are deserving of promotions. Signomi, in my opinion, should've been an SMod before FG and Jeremy. With all due respect to both of them, as they have been staff for a long ass time, but when they were promoted, neither of them were incredibly active or had massive mod logs, whereas Siggy is always on.

And you should be in contention for a mod offer should Ashley ever quit. My money was on either you or Matt to replace me as DCC mod.

MegaFuz
May 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM
One thing to remember when you don't see mods online is that quite a few of them are set to invisible mode, so only other staff members can see them online. But, you are right, though, a few mods could do with quitting/being replaced as there are some inactive ones and some that just don't have enough work to warrant that mod spot.

And there are some people who are deserving of promotions. Signomi, in my opinion, should've been an SMod before FG and Jeremy. With all due respect to both of them, as they have been staff for a long ass time, but when they were promoted, neither of them were incredibly active or had massive mod logs, whereas Siggy is always on.

And you should be in contention for a mod offer should Ashley ever quit. My money was on either you or Matt to replace me as DCC mod.

I did take that into consideration, but as you said...a certain few just aren't cutting it.

I'd have to agree with you there. Signomi does a fantastic job here. FG and Jeremy are great too, but I'd have to say Siggy would have been a better choice for promotion. Then again...we are more under-staffed than we have been in a long time here, especially when it comes to Administrators and SMs. I personally think they all could have been promoted. Just look at the numbers...3 current SAs compared to the 4 we used to have...3 current AAs compared to 4 in the past, and 3 SMs compared to the 5 we used to have.

Heh...we'll see, I guess. Matt's been more active in the DCC than I have overall, so I think he deserved the position.

Ayano Katagiri
May 7th, 2007, 11:22 PM

Everytime I look down "New posts" I always find that over half come from the D/P trading/battling part of the forum. There's a lot of activity in there recently with the game's release. But if that's causing all of the major recent database errors... it's just plain annoying.

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Everytime I look down "New posts" I always find that over half come from the D/P trading/battling part of the forum. There's a lot of activity in there recently with the game's release. But if that's causing all of the major recent database errors... it's just plain annoying.

Yeah..I see no mass DCC posts. Just the stoopid D/P ones.
Besides the fact there is only one DCC thread..but if there were more..they wouldn't be posted in. XD

Ayano Katagiri
May 7th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah..I see no mass DCC posts. Just the stoopid D/P ones.
Besides the fact there is only one DCC thread..but if there were more..they wouldn't be posted in. XD

I wouldn't have expected mass DCC posts to be in "New Posts" all the time.

I don't think there would be more posts, that's pretty much what Other Chat is for. Separate threads on separate topics.

Hakeen
May 7th, 2007, 11:44 PM
The DCC is kinda meant to be the main place to chat 'bouts random crap. XD
So..if they did have multiple DCC threads...it'd be expected.

Anyways, you know what I mean. XD

Ayano Katagiri
May 8th, 2007, 12:03 AM
The DCC is kinda meant to be the main place to chat 'bouts random crap. XD
So..if they did have multiple DCC threads...it'd be expected.

Anyways, you know what I mean. XD

It's not really random crap. XD Discussions about random subjects is more appropriately said.

Yes, I do know what you mean.

Hakeen
May 8th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Crap, subjects...same thing really in the end.
I just prefer the way I say it. XD

Ayano Katagiri
May 8th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Crap, subjects...same thing really in the end.
I just prefer the way I say it. XD

You always prefer your way of saying things.

Dont mind if I change to some sort of discussion. I just read an article about a Supernova occurring back when the dinosaurs were around and how the light has only just reached telescopes here.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0508/p01s04-usgn.html

Maybe this will help us understand how the universe was made, bit by bit.

Hakeen
May 8th, 2007, 12:46 AM
OMG NO..AN ACTUAL DISCUSSION!~ XD
Yeah..I prefer my ways.

Dinosaurs may never have even existed. XD
The cave people don't have that good memory.

Ayano Katagiri
May 8th, 2007, 12:50 AM
OMG NO..AN ACTUAL DISCUSSION!~ XD
Yeah..I prefer my ways.

Dinosaurs may never have even existed. XD
The cave people don't have that good memory.

Yes... an actual discussion. XD
Of course you do.

They must have, or in some form. Their remanants show that. Otherwise, where did all their bones come from??? They must have come from somewhere to start with.

You can't expect the "cave" people to have recorded the sightings down. Dinosaurs would have been common back then, plus if I remember correctly, dinosaurs actually were on the planet and wiped out before human form existed. Also, they have said that the pre-historic homosapiens actually had a bigger brain capacity then current humans do, which meant that they may have had a bigger brain which could have also given them bigger memories.

Hakeen
May 8th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Umm..Matured people?

Well, who can be sure they were there?
Maybe God just planted the bones..like an easter egg hunt. XD

Ayano Katagiri
May 8th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Umm..Matured people?

Well, who can be sure they were there?
Maybe God just planted the bones..like an easter egg hunt. XD

Wtf?? Matured people. Where did that come from?

Look around in a museum or a place that currently keeps dinosaur bones. Where did they come from? I think the term is Archaeologist (sp?) went, and dug up those bones out of the ground. And using scientific methods (i.e. carbon dating) they worked out how long ago the bones came from.

This will turn into a Religion vs Science discussion...
I think there are better things to do, then making specific details within bones and then planting these "easter eggs" all over the world when other evidence suggests otherwise.

Hakeen
May 8th, 2007, 01:06 AM
My brain. XD
But the scientists methods may not always be correct, who knows, everything in life might not be the correct way it was meant to be.

But...fine, when I die..I'll try and find out why those bones are there, and why they didn't come from God's boredom one day. But I find that weird aswell..where God came from..and how he was born.

Ayano Katagiri
May 8th, 2007, 01:12 AM
My brain. XD
But the scientists methods may not always be correct, who knows, everything in life might not be the correct way it was meant to be.

But...fine, when I die..I'll try and find out why those bones are there, and why they didn't come from God's boredom one day. But I find that weird aswell..where God came from..and how he was born.

You could say that, but judging by the huge amount of work and evidence that they have already, it should technically be very accurate by now.
Well, there's a meaning to everything apparently, and that will lead out to some sort of thing being correct and fit it a logistical pattern of a sort.

Alright then... you tell me in the future.

Hakeen
May 8th, 2007, 01:15 AM
But like, I mean..did the methods the scientists use, was that what God wanted..like, maybe that's why there is global warming and that. Maybe, God had something planned out that people should do, and he/she didn't have no control.

I'm sure none of you want me blabbing on about God though. XD

I will x3

flight
May 8th, 2007, 02:59 AM
I'm the kind of person you would expect to be blabbing about God all the time. But hey, I'm sorta proud of it. xD

Hakeen
May 8th, 2007, 04:11 AM
I'm the kind of person you would expect to be blabbing about God all the time. But hey, I'm sorta proud of it. xD

You've never meantioned God in like..any conversation we've had. XD
I could try and prove myself wrong though, 'cause I'm bored. XD

Forci Stikane
May 8th, 2007, 06:28 AM

Yeah, I keep seeing the same two moderators listed for the area, yet I NEVER see them do anything there o.0...not to say that they aren't good at their jobs, they just...don't do anything. I can think of at least a couple users that would at least be close to banned if it was moderated properly...*sigh*

Of course, that's just that area. I see the other staff online enough to know it isn't a problem through the entire Community.

...I had wanted to stay out of this discussion, but I can't resist this one:

You assume that you'll be aware enough to do so after you die. What if you're not?

MegaFuz
May 8th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Yeah, I keep seeing the same two moderators listed for the area, yet I NEVER see them do anything there o.0...not to say that they aren't good at their jobs, they just...don't do anything. I can think of at least a couple users that would at least be close to banned if it was moderated properly...*sigh*

Of course, that's just that area. I see the other staff online enough to know it isn't a problem through the entire Community.

Yeah, exactly. And if that's the problematic area of PC that's been causing the more frequent DBEs, something really needs to be done there.

I don't see this as being one simple problem though. It's a combination of various different issues. For one, as I already pointed out, PC has the least amount of Moderators that it's had in a long, long, time. (Just an example; 4 Staff Administrators now down to 3, 4 Assistant Administrators now down to 3, and 5 Super Moderators now down to 3...) Then you've got the inactivity of certain Moderators which certainly doesn't help. On top of all that there's the massive influx of new, young, inexperienced members that have come with the interest in D/P. All that adds up to create a plethora of DBEs, driving off a good amount of veteran, experienced members which we desperately need around. Not a good situation at all...

Drummershuff
May 8th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Currently, however, some moderators are taking time away from PC, like me, for example, due to finals and such coming up. Hopefully when the summer comes 'round things'll start to straighten out and we might get more activity here.

And somehow I don't see this being a really relevant topic to anyone apart from the h-staff. It's not something that anyone can join in to, so...
Yeah, exactly. And if that's the problematic area of PC that's been causing the more frequent DBEs, something really needs to be done there.
Yeah, the database errors are causing a lot of members to give up with PC altogether, but I can't say I blame them completely. I mean, I think it's stupid when people go "OMG, I'M LEAVING FOREVA" but I can understand why people aren't as frequent posting due to it.

Annyway, let's try and talk about something other than about PC itself. It's getting repetitive...

...I had wanted to stay out of this discussion, but I can't resist this one:

You assume that you'll be aware enough to do so after you die. What if you're not?
Do you mean this area? Well Ashley and I are currently on leave due to finals. <<;

MegaFuz
May 8th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Heaven forbid we try to have an intelligent discussion in here.

Where's Nica, Matt? I'm sure she can find a new topic for you...

Forci Stikane
May 8th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Annyway, let's try and talk about something other than about PC itself. It's getting repetitive...

Do you mean this area? Well Ashley and I are currently on leave due to finals. <<;

No, not here.

And, seeing as the alternative was talking about religion and whether or not G*d placed dinosaur bones on purpose...I thought this one would be safer >.>;

I don't see this as being one simple problem though. It's a combination of various different issues. For one, as I already pointed out, PC has the least amount of Moderators that it's had in a long, long, time. (Just an example; 4 Staff Administrators now down to 3, 4 Assistant Administrators now down to 3, and 5 Super Moderators now down to 3...) Then you've got the inactivity of certain Moderators which certainly doesn't help. On top of all that there's the massive influx of new, young, inexperienced members that have come with the interest in D/P. All that adds up to create a plethora of DBEs, driving off a good amount of veteran, experienced members which we desperately need around. Not a good situation at all...

And what are most of those inexperienced members doing? Posting in the trading area. We DO need more staff action around here, though, I definitely agree with that.

Speaking of staff action...I guess I'll obey our "overseer" and change the subject. Umm......okay, how about school? The school year is coming to a close and summer is so cl--oh, wait, we already did that......hmm...hey, let's talk about what we should talk about next! XDXD

Cherrim
May 8th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Lol, well, that topic of supernovas was shot down pretty quickly at the top of the page. I think I'd prefer this over what the discussion was from that. <_<;

Anyway, this EXACT same thing happened when Ruby/Sapphire came out. It'll get better--it always does. Better doesn't necessarily mean the same though. It'll have to change~ Besides, it really doesn't matter how many mods we have since we've got certain h-staff who pretty much take care of everything anyway. *shrug*

Forci Stikane
May 8th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Lol, well, that topic of supernovas was shot down pretty quickly at the top of the page. I think I'd prefer this over what the discussion was from that. <_<;

Anyway, this EXACT same thing happened when Ruby/Sapphire came out. It'll get better--it always does. Better doesn't necessarily mean the same though. It'll have to change~ Besides, it really doesn't matter how many mods we have since we've got certain h-staff who pretty much take care of everything anyway. *shrug*

Agreed.

...Really? I joined about when Emerald came out, so I wouldn't know...huh. Though...I'm not sure that analogy quite fits. Diamond/Pearl aren't the same as Ruby & Sapphire, mainly because of one factor: Wi-Fi. With that in the mix, I'm not very confident of this getting better without somebody MAKING it get better.

......And I'm not so sure those h-staff can do it alone. Take a look at what's been going on there if you don't believe me. We've got quadruple posts, pointless off-topic semi-discussions, and......some of the worst beatings on the English language that I've seen on here. If that sort of thing were to spread to the rest of the forums......*shudder*

Cherrim
May 8th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Well, start reporting and it'll get looked at eventually. :[ Thing is, there's no one (that I know of?) looking directly over the DP forums. So if you don't report it when you see it, the people won't learn. Though I do agree--Wifi sets this apart from last time.

<_< I still wish there'd be a subforum for the questions, though. I think that would help a lot.

Forci Stikane
May 8th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Well, start reporting and it'll get looked at eventually. :[ Thing is, there's no one (that I know of?) looking directly over the DP forums. So if you don't report it when you see it, the people won't learn. Though I do agree--Wifi sets this apart from last time.

<_< I still wish there'd be a subforum for the questions, though. I think that would help a lot.

...The problem is that some of it doesn't qualify as "advertising messages" or "probematic posts", and I'm paranoid enough that I'm not even sure when the term "spam" qualifies...well, obviously for the multiple posting...

Wait...1999 posts? ......Perhaps that'll change soon...

Cherrim
May 8th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Well, you can still report it. So long as you aren't reporting everything, it's fine, even if what you report isn't necessarily against the rules. I mean, at the very least, some people might get a light warning over their grammar. (If you can't understand what someone's saying because their grammar is so bad, that's as good as spamming in my book. XD) So don't be afraid to report! =D

8D I love seeing big round numbers like 2000. XD

MegaFuz
May 8th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Wait...1999 posts? ......Perhaps that'll change soon...

It seems like that did change. Along with your username. XD

Forci Stikane
May 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Well, you can still report it. So long as you aren't reporting everything, it's fine, even if what you report isn't necessarily against the rules. I mean, at the very least, some people might get a light warning over their grammar. (If you can't understand what someone's saying because their grammar is so bad, that's as good as spamming in my book. XD) So don't be afraid to report! =D

Well, that won't be a problem anymore. Not a problem at all...

Ha ha......

Sammi
May 8th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Well, that won't be a problem anymore. Not a problem at all...

Ha ha......

You're going to blow up our report system, aren't you? D<
....I shouldn't be one to talk, I reported tons when I was a member AND a mod. XD

Well, keep reporting, and maybe we'll solve the problem eventually. ;D

By the way, I like your username and the username idea. ;D It's quite a way to get into the Pokémon spirit. Or at least that's what I think.

Forci Stikane
May 8th, 2007, 10:04 AM
You're going to blow up our report system, aren't you? D<
....I shouldn't be one to talk, I reported tons when I was a member AND a mod. XD

Well, keep reporting, and maybe we'll solve the problem eventually. ;D

By the way, I like your username and the username idea. ;D It's quite a way to get into the Pokémon spirit. Or at least that's what I think.

...Good idea :badsmile: . Good idea indeed.

I have my doubts, though. Last time my previous form sent a report due to (...his? my? our?) trading thread getting hijacked by a couple other people, nobody responded.

You have no idea. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........

flight
May 8th, 2007, 10:57 AM
It would be so awesome to see anything blow up in here. A literal explosion and destruction of the report system. Awesome. XD -shot-