PDA

View Full Version : Gym Leader Tourny!Be or Fight Gym Leaders

kirby00
May 4th, 2004, 04:47 PM
This is where you can become gym leaders or fight them to earn your rankings (your way to the Top) at the Pokemon Battle Royal Championships and earn your chance at beating the Elite 4. (this is held every so often). :rambo:
There will be 7 Gym Leaders (not 8 b/c im the 8th & final 1). The 7 others will be picked by me as a 1st come 1st serve basis.These ppl are known as: "Officials" (not as much power as me/Elite 4 but still more than reg. member)
The Elite 4 will be selected by me as well and also be known as Co-leaders.(2nd,3rd,4th, & 5th in command). *1st in command being me*
*unless that person loses their title b/c of being beaten too many times/ dont post often enough to be a real member of this rp, or just doesnt want to be a gym leader/ Elite 4 & a regular member instead* They will always be gym leaders/Elite 4 ||other reasons to losing ranking of a rg. member, or losing power of being Elite 4/Gym Leaders include: being mean to members, doing anything that would bother me/other members which results in eventually getting kicked out of club b/c of unruly behavior||.
The rest of Members will be ppl wanting to become Pokemon Battle-Royal Champions (PBRC)
Gym leaders will have a max of 4 pokemon (to keep it simple), and may use only 2 each battle. The challengers will have a total of 6 pokemon (and can only use only 3 each battle). Also since this is an rp, if you have any pokemon that evolve, you can have it evolve during your journey.*To not make it too complicated dont post unessesary info like when it levels or long intros/descriptions*

Pogiforce-14
May 4th, 2004, 04:53 PM
you do know you posted this topic twice, right? :\

Sparks_67
May 4th, 2004, 04:56 PM
I will jion.

Name: Taddon
Type: Gym leader
Pokemon: Blazekien,Scizor, Swampert, Manectric,

kirby00
May 4th, 2004, 05:49 PM
i know ia ccidently psoted 2ice... i tried to edit it by psuhing back, but it actually made another psot instead of jsut chaing the words i added... dont worry about it tho, the point is have fun!
taddon remember jsut have 4 pokemon, no need for 6 (keep it simple b/c gym leaders constantly battle and would be hard to remember them all). reg memebers can have 6 b/c there will more members (hopefully) than gym leaders/ELite4 so they wont be battling as often/all the time.
NEW RULE(try not to have more than 1 legendary pokemon/2+ same pokemon again, if you want more then just have ditto)

kirby00
May 4th, 2004, 05:54 PM
1 LAST THING FOR TODAY... YOU DONT AHVE TO HAVE A SPECIFIC TYPE FOR GYM LEADERS/ELITE 4 (jsut pick your 4 favs/best) they also dont ahve to be ruby/saphire, which means you can have any pokemon!

Sparks_67
May 4th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Okay can we start or do we need more people to start this rp.

kirby00
May 6th, 2004, 04:07 PM
it isnt ready cuz we have like 2 ppl.... i want to eventually get a min of 16 members (12 being 8 gym leaders (including me), 4 elite four, and at least 4 member to battle when they get to battle royal)

Sparks_67
May 6th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Well be waiting awhile plus this is tourny you can have less.

Shiney
May 6th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Name: Sephiroth
Type: Gym leader
Looks: see my sig and avatar.
Personality: A former pokemon champion, his heart is cold as stone, and his mind as sharp as a dimond-cutting tool. He's not evil, but under no circumstances will he tolerate a loss.
Pokemon: Arcanine, Raichu, Hypno, Hitmonlee.

kirby00
May 6th, 2004, 04:26 PM
i know im sorry but we still need more members, but trust me when we get there itll be good.... 1 last thing; sephroth and any1 else joining, since the gym leaders r 1st come 1st serve based (along w/ elite 4), you guys can only use 4 pokemon, unless you want to jsut be a reg member using 6. (this keeps it simple b/c 12 members w/ 6 pokemon would be 72 pokemon to remember so just 4 is easier and if less reg. members than the elite 4 and gymleaders combined it makes more sense for them to have more pokemon). also gym leader/elite4 are supposed to be superior having less pokemon, showing they are better and only need 4 for training to beat the wannabes. *gymleaders and elite 4 will also compete for PBRC (pokemon Battle royal CHamp.), and will have 2 diff ranking systems... Gymleaders/Elite 4s 1 & 2 place (together so out of 12 total gym leaders/elite4 2 will be crown) And reg members 1 & 2nd place

Sparks_67
May 6th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Shiney do what he says cause you want another long post.

kirby00
May 6th, 2004, 04:37 PM
1 final new rule... try not to have same pokemon (unless Ditto) as other Gym leaders/elite4 (i know after a while it may be hard but only if you have to then try and pick the same, but toherwise try and be original... if your a reg member its not as bad b/c soon there will be *hopefully* too many to care about if there are the same/not) ^the reason for having this rule is if we are rping, you wouldnt want to fight the same pokemon again. but you can have the a pre/evolved form of a pokemon like for example: Onyx and Steelix, or Vileplum/Bellosom) lol i forgot to give my profile:
Name: Kirby00
Type: Gym leader Of Lavender Town (cuz my pokemon are purple)
Pokemon: Ditto, Aerodactyl, Crobat, and Golduck
Type of Gym Leader/Person: Caring, but cruel and judgementa,l but dont rub in a victory or else... my ditto will turn into you and Slap you
also dont have to make profile long, jsut having name (you can have same as ur acc here, your pokemon and state if your a reg. member, gym leader or elite 4)

Shiney
May 6th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Above post edited. -_- I hate the 25 character rule, oh wait, I bet I just got 25 characters! ^_^

Sparks_67
May 6th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Okay you really gotta stop with the long postes please.

Shiney
May 6th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Okay you really gotta stop with the long postes please.

Why? Long posts usually enforce quality work.

kirby00
May 6th, 2004, 04:47 PM
sorry but when ur r soley (at least for now) runnign this rp you have gotta type long and make rules easy/ and not too complciated. also siome ppl hate double psots so even more reason ot be long.

Sparks_67
May 6th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Okay but really not that long.

kirby00
May 7th, 2004, 04:22 PM
ill try not to be too long... ill try be be no more than 5 lines... hows that sound?

Sparks_67
May 7th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Well its a start so okay.

kirby00
May 8th, 2004, 02:17 PM
remember new members for you profile:
Name (this can be the same as your PokeComm. acc. name):
Your 4 Pokemon (if GymLeader/Elite4) or 6 Pokemon (if reg member):
Your Personality (optional)
Say whether you r Elite4, Gymleader,or Reg. Member (if gym ldr. name town:ie Saffron)

BulbasoarBaby
May 10th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Name: Andrea
My Pokemon: Venasoar, Gloom, Umbrion, Hitmonlee, Croconaw, and Ninetales (I'm just a regular trainor lol!)

Sparks_67
May 10th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Does this mean we can start the story with 4 people.

kirby00
May 10th, 2004, 04:05 PM
we may as well since we have at least 1 reg trainer
you can be the 1st gym leader, then seph/elctrode and hopefully more ppl will join cuz i want to be the 8th/last gymleader
if they dont join in time then ill temporarily be the 3rd
andrea start your story so we can begin

Sparks_67
May 10th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I threw out manetric and scizor to start my training.

Shiney
May 10th, 2004, 05:56 PM
OOC: meh, must have more trainers, I need a challenger.

kirby00
May 10th, 2004, 07:12 PM
we cant wait for ever or else pl may quit, neways jsut start your storyline at least... for ex. explaining your way to becoming a gymleader etc.

Sparks_67
May 10th, 2004, 07:15 PM
My way to succes was when I was being chased by three houndooms and a scizor saved me and sent me to safety. Back to reality I jumped out of a helicopter and was jumping roof tops looking for pichus.

kirby00
May 11th, 2004, 03:10 PM
ok heres my story line:
I was a lonely, short pink puffball, but soon, I found some1 like me, jigglypuff; she was pink, floated & was also a puffball, so we soon became friends; she told me about other pokemon, and that's when I became the first non-human pokemon trainer. At first I looked for other pokemon like me, pink, & could take others' powers. I found Ditto, he was an easy catch, but wanted to find pokemon with different types and characteristics. I searched forever and ended up in the ruins of Alph, there I found an aerodactyl and with ditto's and jiggly's help i caught him. As I was leaving the ruins I found a crobat, used my brand new aerodactyl to battle, and captured it. Jigglypuff told me of her old friend Golduck who lived at the beach nearby, when she decided to visit, she took me along and said to fight him, me vs him, & w/ with my own fists, and techniques I battled my way to owning my final pokemon...

BulbasoarBaby
May 11th, 2004, 03:58 PM
when I wuz very young, my siblings taught me about pokemon. I was never interested...until that day I saw one. It was a wild Bulbasaur, and at first, I was scared. It didnt' look as if it wanted to hurt me, but talked to me in a reassuring way. I gathered my curage and brought it home with me. It became my first pokemon, and after that day was over, I knew I wanted to become a pokemon trainor.

*walks up to the first gym, refreshed and ready* *the same Venasaur's (that had been my Bulbasaur) pokeball in my hand* I'm ready! *I walk into the gym*

kirby00
May 11th, 2004, 04:19 PM
very cute story, good job explaining you first pokemon, but how did u catch the rest... or jsut leave it at that, we dont want it too long

BulbasoarBaby
May 11th, 2004, 04:32 PM
THanx! Um...I guess I'll leave it at that. I caught the rest just regularely...hehehe...

*knocks on the door and waits for it to open*

kirby00
May 11th, 2004, 04:35 PM
dun worry bout it as long as we know how it began... yay! =)

BulbasoarBaby
May 11th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Ok! LoL! When shood we start?

kirby00
May 11th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I'll jsut say the city im the gym leader of: im lavender town. Since Im a gym leader and temporarily wont be the 8th, (until we get more gym ldrs.) il change it so instead of being the 3rd like i said b4, i will be the 1st gym leader. I accept your challenge and, send out my first pokemon, ditto. lol-->*btw Jiggypuff is always sititng next to me giving advice and cheering*

BulbasoarBaby
May 11th, 2004, 05:05 PM
LoL! All right! *sends out my Ninetales* Bring it on! *waits patiently for ditto to make the first move*

kirby00
May 12th, 2004, 02:27 PM
ditto transforms into you, taunts you then walks up to you and makes a face. After it walks back to me it changes into jigglypuff and is ready to battle, it sends out a double edge attack (jigglypuffs move, lol almsot like have a 5th pokemon with my jigglypuff and ditto combo)*

BulbasoarBaby
May 12th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Haha! U practactly do have another pokemon...
Ninetales, use confuse ray!

kirby00
May 13th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Jigglypuff cheers my ditto and tells it to use sing after dodging the confuse ray, and finishing up its double edge. (your move next, remember to try and cover up ur ninetales' ears lol)

kirby00
May 14th, 2004, 02:59 PM
* sory for double posting* you guys (seph and sparks and ne1 else here, xcpet me and bublasaur, can describe your story ie: trainign your pokemon, or maybe even challenging eachother as gym leaders, who knows but u dont ahve 2 wait for me and bulbasaur to finish the battle)

capalex65
May 15th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Name: Leo
Pokemon: Eevee, Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon
Personality: Caring for Pokmon but not for opponents i won't accept a defeat
Rank: Gym leader (hopefully Elite 4 Champion or atleast one of the Elite 4)
Badge: that square badge from G/S/C The normal badge

Storyline:
I were sitting on a rock in the forest when an Eevee came to me it wanted my help, it's family was hurt and then it leaded me to them and i used my Max Potions on them and they have been my friends ever since

kirby00
May 15th, 2004, 01:40 PM
ok your a gym ldr. just say wut city ur in... (im assuming you wanted the gym ldr sice you saidthe badge you had... but if u wanna be ELITE4 Then tell me)

Dude Ranch
May 15th, 2004, 02:01 PM
I'll Join
Name: Dude Ranch
Type: Trainer
Pokemons: Houndoom, Charazard, Alakazam, Hitmonchan, Noctowell, Steelix :chinese::rambo:

kirby00
May 15th, 2004, 02:05 PM
ok your in as a reg. trainer who wants to challenge gym ldrs. say your story line and then you can begin.

Sparks_67
May 15th, 2004, 02:43 PM
I waited patiently in Fallobro Town for a challenger.

kirby00
May 15th, 2004, 02:58 PM
FYI dude ranch... when u r done Sparks will be waiting for you...
(SO FAR WE AHVE A TOTAL OF 4 GYM LEADERS AND 2 CHALLENGERS) *all we need is 4 more gym ldrs, and 4 elite 4 members*

Shiney
May 15th, 2004, 06:18 PM
OOC: What gym cities are not taken yet? Can I have slateport or Lillycove?

kirby00
May 15th, 2004, 06:25 PM
OOC: What gym cities are not taken yet? Can I have slateport or Lillycove?
neither r taken, also gym ldrs can be the leader of any town that would be a gym ldr's gym from the show, & that hasnt alrdy been taken (they can be from hoen,kanto,or johto)

kirby00
May 15th, 2004, 06:27 PM
* sory for double posting* you guys (seph and sparks and ne1 else here, xcpet me and bublasaur, can describe your story ie: trainign your pokemon. you can maybe even challenge eachother as gym leaders, who knows but u dont ahve 2 wait for me and bulbasaur to finish the battle)

Shiney
May 15th, 2004, 06:41 PM
OOC: Neither slateport or lillycove had gyums in them from the show :disappoin Oh well, Rustabro it is.

IC: I relaxed in the gym, it was nice not having any challengers, but rather boring too. I looked back, on my career as an aspiring trainer, back to where I turned the eliete(sp?) Four into Fillet, and held my title as champion for sixteen years. It hd been not three months ago that I lost that title, and set up my gym to continue training, to take back the title that was rightfully mine, unfourtunatley, all the trainers here where nowhere near giving my pokemon the training needed, so they spent most of the time fighting each other to keep their skills sharp.

kirby00
May 15th, 2004, 06:50 PM
I heard of of this man named seph, a long time ago as an ELITE4 cham., but as read the newspaper earlier this morning I saw he had been defeated less than 3 months ago, and also said no1 has challenged him recently. I felt bad and druing my battle with this trainer and her ninetails, i told Jigglypuff that some1 else may need cheering today... She understood and inhaled air to float her way to rustboro city, she was faster than most would expect... When she found the gym she saw him waiting for a challenge and training his pokemon... Jiggly explained herself and decided that the company, cheering, and a temporary new pokemon to train with may be jsut what he needed to be an Elite4 champ.... again!
OOC: hows that for rp! lol

Shiney
May 15th, 2004, 07:33 PM
I heard of of this man named seph, a long time ago as an ELITE4 cham., but as read the newspaper earlier this morning I saw he had been defeated less than 3 months ago, and also said no1 has challenged him recently. I felt bad and druing my battle with this trainer and her ninetails, i told Jigglypuff that some1 else may need cheering today... She understood and inhaled air to float her way to rustboro city, she was faster than most would expect... When she found the gym she saw him waiting for a challenge and training his pokemon... Jiggly explained herself and decided that the company, cheering, and a temporary new pokemon to train with may be jsut what he needed to be an Elite4 champ.... again!
OOC: hows that for rp! lol

OOC: let me see if i understand this. You sent your jigglypuff over to train with/against my pokemon, correct?

kirby00
May 15th, 2004, 07:49 PM
yes, to help you become an elite4 champ/ earn your title back.

Sparks_67
May 15th, 2004, 08:12 PM
I threw out scizor and skarmory and told scizor to thunderbolt. Then skarmory aerial ace.

kirby00
May 15th, 2004, 08:17 PM
OOC: since seph is waiting for a challenger anyways, why dont you 2 battle? gym ldr. vs gym ldr?

capalex65
May 16th, 2004, 06:21 AM
OOC: sry i first reply now, my town is Mossdee :)

kirby00
May 16th, 2004, 09:36 AM
ok, glad you choose it. you can also change it if you want (but u have 2 do it quick b4 ne1 else takes the city you want). also it can be hoen,johto, or kanto.
(read the psot i had under ur 1st 1... i edited it so u may want to read the changes...

capalex65
May 17th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Go! Eevee, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon.
you guys have to train ok Jolteon Lv.40 and Vaporeon Lv.43 vs. Eevee Lv.37 and Flareon Lv.41

Battle begins.

Eevee uses Quick Attack on Vaporeon
Flareon uses Flame Wheel on Jolteon
the other team
Jolteon uses Thunder on Eevee
Vaporeon uses Hydro Pump on Flareon

stats after 1st round:
Vaporeon HP :170/211
Eevee HP :52/127
Jolteon HP :76/216
Flareon HP :21/222

Eevee evolves during the fight into Espeon
Espeon uses Psychic on Vaporeon
Flareon uses Flame Blast on Jolteon
Jolteon Faints!!!
the other team
Jolteon Fainted
Vaporeon uses Hydro pump on Flareon again
Flareon Faints!!!

stats after 2nd round:
Jolteon HP: 0/216
Flareon HP: 0/222
Vaporeon HP: 137/211
Espeon HP: 41/243

Vaporeon is confused
Vaporeon tries to use Hyper Beam but hits it self in confusion

stats after 3rd round:

Vaporeon HP: 93/211 Confused

Vaporeon uses Acid Armor but hits it self in Confusion
Espeon uses Shadow Ball on Vaporeon

Stats after 4th round:

Vaporeon HP: 3/211 Confused no more!

Vaporeon uses Quick Attack on Espeon
Vaporeon Faints!!!

Final results

Jolteon HP: 0/216
Flareon HP: 0/222
Vaporeon HP: 0/211
Espeon HP: 22/243

kirby00
May 18th, 2004, 03:30 PM
you dont have to have all the stats/life/list everything... jsut use an attack and then wait for your opponent to attack (whether its gym ldr., elite4, or reg. trainer), without powerplaying/controlling others' char/pokemon and without saying whether your attacks hit, but you can say things which hint it/suggest it like: The hydropump look as if it would never miss, or the raindance made thunder 100% accuracy ensuring a hit... (but then again you have to give oppenent chance like even w/ 100% accuracy the oppenent can say,but it didnt hurt it much, didnt work b/c i teled/teleported/ used a lightscreen,etc) if you r gonna not get hit by attack xplain how ie: my scizor fly up right before the icebeam hit... etc. and dont dodge every attack ur opponent throws out otherwise its cheating unless its like ground vs flying/ electric vs ground/ psy vs dark (or other immunities/pokemon w/ levitate) b/c it wouldnt make sense if was hit...

capalex65
May 19th, 2004, 12:01 AM
no no it was my own who was training against each other

kirby00
May 19th, 2004, 05:34 PM
I know but i dont want you to stress about how exact/explanitory it had to be...

capalex65
May 20th, 2004, 02:58 AM
ok with me

stupid 25 character rule :)

kirby00
May 25th, 2004, 02:55 PM
ok capalex its time we battled since bulbasaur hasnt been posting for a while... i send out ditto... *waits fro reply

capalex65
May 29th, 2004, 03:39 AM
i send out Espeon "use quick attack"

kirby00
May 29th, 2004, 09:03 AM
ditto transformed, but was hit with quick attack... it used psy to try and restrain it

capalex65
May 29th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Espeon use Hyper Beam
*Espeon gathers energy to the Hyper Beam*

kirby00
May 29th, 2004, 09:24 AM
ditto tries and turns espeon around so it fires away, ditto smiles... but realease espeon charging up w/ its own hyper beam (sorry for powerplaying)

capalex65
May 29th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Espeon uses Extremespeed(!!!)(no problem)and hits Ditto(sry for PPing)

OOC: do you like my Trainer Card and my Waterfall?

kirby00
May 29th, 2004, 10:28 AM
you know aht since its my rp and its hard no to pp with psy pokemon lets jsut powerlay, i mean its soo hard not to esp, with 2 espeons tht had the same moves... my espeon used extreme speed back, and since my ditto was holding a silk scarf, the normal attack did more damage...
OOC: ya i do like ur sig, waiting for my card... but urs may be too big... i got a pm saying that if sig is over 1 screen long its against pc(pokecommunity) rules, so try and make ur pic go (left and right)>>>> not (down) \/ i mean try and make it so they are on the same line _____ not - (under eachother)

capalex65
May 29th, 2004, 10:39 AM
OOC: ok and thanks

IC: "Espeon use your AgilitySpeedScarf (Agility Extremespeed Silk Skarf) combo"

kirby00
May 29th, 2004, 10:41 AM
espeon/ditto float in the air, thank u for avoiding that attacking... now use future sight... have fun espeon (urs)!

capalex65
May 29th, 2004, 10:59 AM
"use future sight too and then you PsychicWaveBeamSpoon (Psychic Psywave Psybeam Bend Spoon Item) Combo"

OOC: Won't you join my new RP called "Just another Pokemorph RP"

kirby00
May 29th, 2004, 11:15 AM
i would but in so many other rps, it would jsut get confusing lol and i dont really like pokemorphs... sorry... but hey! try and make an rp about like team rocket vs team magma vs team aqua vs team snagem vs team cipher (colleseum) and ppl choose sides... try and think bout having heroes or giving other ppl option of having their own team/rogues... that would totally be fun! if ppl r evil its sometimes more fun, so thats why i had a bunch of team thatre evil other than fact that all teams in pokemon r evil.. and since i dont have much luk w/ rps i make (we r last 2 ppl that still post) maybe ull have better luck that me...
IC: espeon used the same moves as espeon to counter them...
OOC: try not to keep switching items w/ the sane pokemon and just choose whther to use silk scarf or bent spoon :cool:

capalex65
May 29th, 2004, 11:43 AM
"Return Espeon! Go Flareon!"

"Flareon use your FireWheelEmberSpinCoal (Fire Blast, Flame Wheel, Ember, Fire Spin, Charcoal Item) Combo"

kirby00
May 31st, 2004, 12:11 PM
ditto/espeon used psy to contorl and mainpulate it so its new target it flareon

capalex65
June 1st, 2004, 09:41 AM
"Return Flareon! Go Vapoeron!"

"use your AcidPump combo (Acid Armor and Hydro Pump)"

kirby00
June 1st, 2004, 05:10 PM
ditto switched the hydropump away so the vaporeon couldnt turn into water.... it then used psy to increase the speed of the fire attacks... it hit vaporeon... hard... ditto used future sight over and over, jsut incase it would be in a tight spot... it still controlled the water and move it next to itself... it formed the water into an espeon, a much bigger 1... it make a psy aura around itself... and stepped into the water... ready for anyhting now...

capalex65
June 2nd, 2004, 03:08 AM
(you are way too powerful :) and i still have Acid Armor)

"Vaporeon use Acid Armor x 5 and then use Hydro pump x 5"

abhinav
June 2nd, 2004, 11:12 PM
i challange your 7 gym leaders

kirby00
June 3rd, 2004, 04:02 PM
ok ur in, ill have 2 pm other members to accept ur challenge... as for cal (just wait and see)
IC: all furture sights hit, blastingthrough the water and killing vaporeon but sperating the water... a few more future sights were coming as my espeon decided to keep them up.... good strategy i said! armor protection while finishing it off... i had goldduck quickly use psy to reform the water together to save vaporeon i had it teleport it and itself to the pokemoncenter... it healed it and saved its life... quickly it teleported back jsut as i finished explaining what hppened when the trainer was freaked...