PDA

View Full Version : Dope!!!!!!!!

DarkMage31
May 7th, 2004, 03:44 PM
I was playing Fire Red, and the FIRST POKEMON I SAW IN THE GAME was a SHINY PIDGEY!!! I was so mad because you don't have any pokeball until your deliver the prof's parcel!!! ARGH!!!!! I'll never get that chance again...

Shadow
May 7th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Wow, that must suck. I always hate how you can never buy/recieve Pokeballs in the absolute beginning, and you always have to do a little guest first...

/me casts Death on Oak's Parcel

jj984jj
May 7th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Yeah I agree, Prof. Oak should give you at least 5 when he make you pick your first pokemon. That was really bad luck. :P

Jess
May 7th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Well I almost died when my Bulbasaur was shiny.

Dizzy
May 7th, 2004, 07:12 PM
They should start you off with a shiny pokemon, just to make everyone in the whole world feel specia...l

Cherrim
May 7th, 2004, 07:16 PM
^_^; But then you wouldn't really feel as special... kinda like with the Red Gyarados.

As for me, I've only ever come across a shiny Pokemon once (excluding Gyarados). oo; Luckily, it was late in the game and I was able to catch it. Then again, I almost didn't notice it. XD I know someone who found a shiny Hoothoot in the beginning of GSC. @_@ It must really suck to see one and not be able to catch it.

Dizzy
May 7th, 2004, 07:20 PM
^_^; But then you wouldn't really feel as special... kinda like with the Red Gyarados.

As for me, I've only ever come across a shiny Pokemon once (excluding Gyarados). oo; Luckily, it was late in the game and I was able to catch it. Then again, I almost didn't notice it. XD I know someone who found a shiny Hoothoot in the beginning of GSC. @_@ It must really suck to see one and not be able to catch it.

LOL and the sad thing was that I bragged about that Shiny Gyarados until I found out everyone had one!

I never really got to know my Red Gyarados, I made it a Sex Slave @_@ It had really good moves though.

Cherrim
May 7th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Lol, that's an... interesting way of putting it. XD

I used to make fun of my friend because she beat it instead of catching it. o_O

Dizzy
May 7th, 2004, 07:27 PM
lol.. dont they give less experience points? OMG lightning I had the illest vision! You posted something about what i posted above and then I got banned :) and you were like...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!11111oneoneone

Cherrim
May 7th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I'm pretty sure a shiny Pokemon would give the same amount of EXP as anything else... Lol, I have no clue. *is so useless when it comes to games* XD;

Frostweaver
May 7th, 2004, 09:21 PM
A shiny Pokemon in FRLG or RS has no difference in comparison to the other Pokemon except for appearance. They won't give you extra EV, extra Exp or learn new moves.

I saw a shiny spinarak before in GSC, but I killed it asap because... I hate bugs o.o;

Neko Keeshi
May 7th, 2004, 09:33 PM
The only shiny's I'v ever got was the red Gyarados.... :(

Mr Cat Dog
May 7th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Aw... anyways. The same thing once happened to me in RuSa - a shiny Poochyena. I can't remember the exact colour, since I haven't played the games for ages... but I know how you feel. But like frostweaver said, a shiny Pokemon really isn't anything to brag about, since the only difference is in the colour... which isn't that good when ti comes to battling.

~ MCD

Intuition
May 8th, 2004, 05:30 AM
But you can brag about it to your friends.. I never caught/saw a shiny pokemon
too.. Just bad luck! :P

IceKitten
May 8th, 2004, 06:15 AM
I always save state when I encounter a shiny, and this one time, I saw a shiny (can't remember which one it was) and I went to my bag and there was nothing I could do, I didn't want to loose it though o_O

I just stared at it then fainted it :(

LanceLite
May 8th, 2004, 08:54 AM
man dudes thats unlucky........... its even unlucky that i never saw a shiny pokemon in fr/lg......... :(

stewie&rupert
May 11th, 2004, 12:56 PM
tahts y i packed my bag with unlimited master balls. ill never miss a shiny. i only found a desert brown cacnea.

with shiny cacturn i shall rule!!!!!

Simon
May 11th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Do you really need the masterballs? Almost every pokemon I've caught so far I've just tossed a Nest/Ultra Ball at it and I got it.

Only shiny POkemon I've had is a Bagon. Forgot the color it was but it's a green-skinned Salamence now.

Cassie-chan
May 11th, 2004, 07:11 PM
I saw a shiny paris in gold. I didn't have any pokeballs *cries*

Scyther5
May 11th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Awww, it will be ok GG. there will be more!
As for me I havent even encountered one shinney!
Sheesh

The Darkening
May 11th, 2004, 08:48 PM
the only shiny i've encountered is a shiny unknown, it was early in the game and all i had was pokeballs, i ended up using them all up and having to faint the **** thing. Not that they are much use.

pokeguy76
May 12th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Shiny pokmon are ment to be rare because if you see one, someone might have a heart-attack

SiruKai
May 13th, 2004, 07:05 AM
I beat the game in *topic* and I have never encountered 1 shiny pokemon... not like it mattered much to me though...........

stewie&rupert
May 18th, 2004, 07:13 PM
now i got a linoone and a cacturn. i got linoone while EV training in route 119. i am so happy. wen they appear in the wild the stars hardly appear, it doesnt flash black n` white.

Shiney Gardevoir
May 19th, 2004, 09:17 AM
A shiny Pokemon in FRLG or RS has no difference in comparison to the other Pokemon except for appearance. They won't give you extra EV, extra Exp or learn new moves.

I saw a shiny spinarak before in GSC, but I killed it asap because... I hate bugs o.o;

Something like that happened to me. I wanted to catch the bugger anyway but I had no balls... V_V'

Jari
May 19th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Never encountered one in Ruby while i have the first 200.
I have a few in Silver/Crystal though: Celebi,Rhydon,Larvitar,Tyranitar and Raticate.
On Pokmoncrater: Cacturne,Sceptile,Scizor,Dratinice,Dratinire,Zapdos.

Because i have the first 200,so I want them also in shiny.
a shiny Pokemon really isn't anything to brag aboutThey are only 7000 rarer...