PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life or Counter-Strike?

Papa Schwabs
May 18th, 2007, 2:41 AM
I have both, yeah they're old school, but still awesome! I play everyday, I'm even planning on starting a server for both. So, who has them, and what is your Steam name? Add me, steven.zanoli or GIRmahBOI.

I also have Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source, but they are outdated and old, I need to manually update them.

Ullion
May 18th, 2007, 1:41 PM
Well, having Counter-Strike simply says you have Half-life.. as you can't have CS without having Half-life.

With that being said, I use my friend's Half-life account. I have three games for it right now; Counter-Strike, Ricochet and Day Of Defeat. DoD Being the only one I really play at all.

Papa Schwabs
May 19th, 2007, 2:47 PM
I don't play DoD that much, the stamina thing throws me off, Ricochet is odd, CS, HL, OP, and BS are the only ones worth playing IMO.

Ullion
May 19th, 2007, 4:03 PM
I know... you'd think TRAINED SOLDIERS could run longer distances and have more stamina than a 15 year old boy such as myself, no? I know they're wearing equipment and all, but they were most likely trained with that stuff on them. So that does annoy me. ><

But the game and the people there are awesome. I only go to one server there and thats BATTLEFIELD-MARS. You should go there and try it out, and you can add me as a friend on Steam if you want. Like I said before, its my friends account, but he doesn't use it as much as I do (I don't even use that much anyways xD). The steam name I believe is sgtskateboard83. And you could join there forums, however I won't see anymore on that so I won't get into any conflicts with the admins.

Psi Yamaneko
May 19th, 2007, 7:30 PM
I am an avid Half-Life 2 player (STEAM name: psi_yamaneko). That said, I just can't keep up with CounterStrike players who've been playing the game since the Half-Life days.

I play the single player campaigns, that's it. Heheh...D0g.

kohei
May 20th, 2007, 3:27 AM
I only play CS:S and HL2DM on steam now, since DoD:S was... not my type of game.

I'm "Pizzaman" on almost any FPS, so if you find me, shoot me with an AWP or tell me where they planted the C4 or something.

Yoshi318
May 20th, 2007, 3:06 PM
all this talk of Half-Life and Counter Strike got me wondering... isnt Halo worth mentioning or is master chief doomed to float in the bargin bin for all eternity???

Papa Schwabs
May 20th, 2007, 6:25 PM
Master Chief isn't fit to shine Gordon Freeman's H.E.V suit! Gordon Freeman is way more man than Master Chief.

Yoshi318
May 20th, 2007, 6:39 PM
haha i agree with you, Freeman would man-handle Master chief, but Snake (from metal gear solid) would eat both of them alive... ya thats right ninja style...:rambo:

Papa Schwabs
May 20th, 2007, 7:00 PM
Maybe, he can sneak, but doesn't have the raw firepower that Gordon has. Gordon can just shoot a rocket into a dark place, or a cardboard box, and Snake is dead!

Yoshi318
May 20th, 2007, 7:20 PM
haha... snake would then just pop a revive pill...and catch Freeman while he's playing with his little girlfriend, and WAM!!! hit him with some CQC, then who would lead the uprising???

haffeysucks
May 31st, 2007, 1:25 PM
I have CSS, just got it this Saturday. Player name is the same as my username.

Paranoia
May 31st, 2007, 1:30 PM
I love the HL and CS games, ahh great games, I only play CS:S though because my computer is good enough to run it, in game name is Cabose, and my steam account is nemesis9995 so ad me in friends if you want, I usually only play on one Australian server, Internode #15 Office (-FF, 100 tick) so if you ever randomly go on that server, be sure to say hi, lol although I am a bit weird...

But yeah, I bought HL with the pack, and for some weird reason, when I downloaded and installed it, the models of the people had their forehead and up missing, so theoretically, I could see their brain...

haffeysucks
May 31st, 2007, 1:32 PM
I love the HL and CS games, ahh great games, I only play CS:S though because my computer is good enough to run it, in game name is Cabose, and my steam account is nemesis9995 so ad me in friends if you want, I usually only play on one Australian server, Internode #15 Office (-FF, 100 tick) so if you ever randomly go on that server, be sure to say hi, lol although I am a bit weird...

But yeah, I bought HL with the pack, and for some weird reason, when I downloaded and installed it, the models of the people had their forehead and up missing, so theoretically, I could see their brain...

Haha cool I'll add you then.

Hero of Time Link³
June 2nd, 2007, 1:14 AM
lol what about Samus Aran,Jak and Ratchet?

Paranoia
June 2nd, 2007, 1:36 AM
lol what about Samus Aran,Jak and Ratchet?

They are Nintendo and Sony games respectively, they could never match the awesomeness of HL and CS:S

BTW Haffeysucks, your not a bad player, if you didn't have lag, you would have done great!

kohei
June 4th, 2007, 2:55 AM
They are Nintendo and Sony games respectively, they could never match the awesomeness of HL and CS:S
No game can beat the potential Half-Life and Half-Life 2 has.

Too... many... mods...!

haffeysucks
June 4th, 2007, 10:46 AM

BTW Haffeysucks, your not a bad player, if you didn't have lag, you would have done great!

Hey, thanks. I'm really not that good at CSS (yet) but you should see my in BF2 and 2142.

Hero of Time Link³
June 4th, 2007, 11:14 AM
o well i do play half life and css but i suck at CSS and normally use the Gravity Gun in Half Life 2