PDA

View Full Version : Castle For Sale!

Gunn
May 19th, 2007, 08:56 PM
CNN.com: Great Barrington, Massachusetts (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/19/castle.forsale.ap/index.html) -- The Searles Castle has towered over this Berkshire town for 120 years, its seven turrets and blue dolomite exterior creating a fortress at the end of Main Street.

It has been walled off from the public as a home to the uber-rich and as a private school, and has opened its gates as a conference center and cultural attraction.

Now, the French chateau-style castle is for sale -- a $15 million property joining a small niche of the world's luxury real estate market.

"People who have everything else want to own a castle at least once in their lives," said Denis Burrus, a sales agent for de Rham Sotheby's International Realty who sells castles in Switzerland. "It shows that they've achieved something in their lives."

--

I don't know about you, but I think I would like to live in a castle.

Drummershuff
May 20th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Hah, that's pretty cool. I remember a few years back when they were going to sell the castle that they filmed the Dracula films in. I don't think I'd like to have bought it, or this one, for that matter...castles just seem spooky to me for some reason. The Dracula one even more so.

Gunn
May 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Ha, I know what you mean. I watch Most Haunted, that TV series, where they browse in the darkness of castles in Scotland. Castles to me have been associated with dungeons and royalty and such. :P Still, I think it is pretty cool.