PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] Hack Tutorials: Trainer Editing

foullump
May 19th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Trainer Editing

This is basicly just teach people how to edit trainers.
For this tutorial, you will need:
PET
RS BALL (Unless you already have the pics folder)
A ROM

If you are missing any of these, or all of these tools, visit http://www.freewebs.com/birminstudios/hacktools.htm and download the complete hack package.

Now then, let's begin.

Step One: Using RS Ball

(RS Ball is intended solely for geting the pictures of certain people or pokemon.)

Open RS Ball. (Can be found in elite map)

Go to pokemon in the pictures box.

Click Dump GFX BANK.

Then click trainers on the pictures box.

Dump the gfx bank.

Now, you are done.

Next:
Step Two: Using Pet
(For doing the actual editing)

First, open your rom in Pet. [You should see a bunch of names, numbers, and other stuff.]

Now, for the editing:
For now, we will just use the fist trainer. On a fire red rom, it should have a blank name, the class of aqua leader, and some random sprite. It really doesn't matter what the heck it has or shows, as long as you see something!

First, let's give it a name. How about Joe? So, let's go up to the trainer name box, and type in a name. When you click there, you may see a large indent before you type. It is important to get rid of this, so that when you play, it won't look like this:
PKMN TRAINER JOE
would like to battle.

Then, let's say you don't like his class. Say you want it to be......Retard?
Go to options>edit trainer class, and then type your new one.

Then it comes to editing their sprite. All you need to do is click on the little arrows below the trainer's sprite's picture. Same thing goes with pokemon editing.
Make sure that you save all of your work ;)

But then, when you try to edit their moves, it might not work. But don't worry, their moves come standard depending on what pokemon and what level it is.

Oh yeah, next thing:
Giving a trainer more than one, or less than six pokemon.
Really, I suggest not changing the amounts, but if you must, beware: It may run into the offsets of other trainers!

And now,
Putting Your Trainer Into A Script
Really, just a plain trainer script in pokescript would look something like:
#org $trainer
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
trainerbattle 0x001 0x00 $allo $goodbye
setflag 0x200
end

#org $allo
$allo 1 = Hello.

#org $goodbye
$goodbye 1 = Good-Bye!

#org $done
end
0x00 for normal battles, 0x04 for 2-on-2 and 0x05 for rematches.
I don't know what the offset for an elite four battle is.
If anyone does, please tell me.

And that's about it. Hope this helped. Be on the lookout for my upcomming threads on scripting, special mapping, and many other things. I will try to cover everything I know about hacking!

See-ya!

foullump
June 1st, 2007, 07:41 AM
Step Four: Using UNLZ.GBA (Optional)
This part is for tranfering trainers from one game to another. It's only necessary if there's a sprite you want that's in another game.

To do this, you must first open your rom in UNLZ.GBA, or PokePic, but I like UNLZ better. Go to the "Go to" box, and type in the graphic number of your trainer. In emerald, the fist trainer is at 1868, and the rest continue from there.
In Fire Red, they start at I believe 1500, maybe like 1498 or something, but it's very close.

Once you find the trainer you want, click "Save As" and save it as whatever name.
The next part you have two options, you can either edit the trainer you just exported, or keep it as it is. If you wanted to edit it, open it in paint and make whatever changes.

Now, when you're done with that, open the desired rom in UNLZ, and find the trainers. Right here it's a little complicated. Or at least, it can be. Find a trainer to overrite, and click "import". Find your picture that you dumped earlier, and select it. The next thing is to click "Write to rom." However, if the size is too big, you can do one of two things.
One (NOT RECOMMENDED): Uncheck the auto abort when you press write to rom.
HOWEVER, this may cause many flaws or glitches in your hack!
Or Two: Look for a different picture to overrite. (if you tried 1500, try 1501)

Prof. 9
June 1st, 2007, 07:42 AM
Wow, thanks! This'll really help me!

Do you know how to edit a trainer with a hex editor too? If yes, can you make a tutorial of that too?

SerenadeDS
June 1st, 2007, 04:58 PM
Wow! Thats helpfull.. Thanks!

foullump
June 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM
Wow, thanks! This'll really help me!

Do you know how to edit a trainer with a hex editor too? If yes, can you make a tutorial of that too?

I'm sorry, but I don't know how....

shadowboy166
June 4th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Hi great tutorial just so you know this is the same shadowboy166 on youtube =) I should be posting a video of my hack eventauly... Probaly not soon though lol

Ripper
June 10th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Where do you insert the number/id of the trainer? As in 00A or 01C?

imtheomega
June 13th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Hi foullump. Thank u for the tutorial. I have juste another question : is it possible to add a new trainer? I want to keep the already existing trainers and to add others, that's what I mean.

Youji
June 18th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Yes its possible. All you have to do is create a new person with advance map or elitemap.
Write a trainerscript like this:
#org 0x76ECF0
#raw 0x5C
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x76ED30 0x76ED60
checkflag 0x10B
if 1 jump 0x76EE20
setflag 0x10B
release
end

#org 0x76ED30
= I'll defeat you!

#org 0x76ED60
= Mhhh? Maybe you're as good\nas I thought.\pYou should try to become the champ!

#org 0x76EE20
message 0x76EEF0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x76EEF0
= Jop you are very good.

Now Recognice that the 0x1 part is the trainer id of The Aqua leader. In FR this Trainer isn'T used so Change the picture change the pokémon and give your new person the script offset.

You've created your first Trainer.

Antwhan
June 19th, 2007, 07:40 AM
this is really helpful for my hack, but now i get everything but one thing, how do u set up where the trainer's going to be after u compile the script and add it to the rom?

I've been searching for days and no luck on finding that out...

Youji
June 19th, 2007, 07:50 AM
this is really helpful for my hack, but now i get everything but one thing, how do u set up where the trainer's going to be after u compile the script and add it to the rom?

I've been searching for days and no luck on finding that out...

What do you mean? A Normal Trainer is standing there and do not walk. And if you mean the Trainer is ereasing than you're wrong.

Or what do you mean with your question?

Antwhan
June 19th, 2007, 08:09 AM
What do you mean? A Normal Trainer is standing there and do not walk. And if you mean the Trainer is ereasing than you're wrong.

Or what do you mean with your question?

no, let me try and be clearer, i guess i was too vague.

I'm working on editing firered, and i want to add new trainers to it. Since there are the free places already in the rom for trainers i was trying to use those, like team aqua leader for example.

I was wondering how u determine where the trainer will be in the game so i could use advance map to copy the script and put the trainer where i wanted him in the game.

Youji
June 19th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I was wondering how u determine where the trainer will be in the game so i could use advance map to copy the script and put the trainer where i wanted him in the game.

Oh. Maybe I had help?:laugh:
No I figured it out by myself. I wondered what this free HOENN Trainers (I used PET) do there. And so I thoght I can use them in my game. All I have to do is to find free Space and insert a script like this. After that I can change the pic and the battlesound and the pokémon that's all. Do you meant this?;)

Antwhan
June 19th, 2007, 08:52 AM
yeah that's what i meant

thanks for telling me i was using pet for it 2 :)

DragonPet
June 20th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Hi, I only wanted to know something about the trainers. I can't put the trainer I want into a battle, i'm able to do the script ( finnaly loll ) Put when a get the chance to fight the trainer, it isn't the good trainer...can you help me????

Youji
June 21st, 2007, 03:20 AM
... Put when a get the chance to fight the trainer, it isn't the good trainer...can you help me????

What do you mean with "it isn't the good Trainer"?:surprised:

Antwhan
June 22nd, 2007, 05:02 AM
Well it took me a while to figure out how the heck to set this up, now i have hit a small roadblock in this process, whenever i runinto the trainer, a red screen comes up, meaning the rom crashed >.< so now i have to figure out why.

it might have to do with trying to use pet's create script option however so i better just try to do it manually again.

I was so happy that i got the compliers to finally work. it took like a hundred trys to figure it out. lol

Youji
June 22nd, 2007, 05:08 AM
Well it took me a while to figure out how the heck to set this up, now i have hit a small roadblock in this process, whenever i runinto the trainer, a red screen comes up, meaning the rom crashed >.< so now i have to figure out why.

it might have to do with trying to use pet's create script option however so i better just try to do it manually again.

I was so happy that i got the compliers to finally work. it took like a hundred trys to figure it out. lol

Just send me the script and we will figure it out together.

Antwhan
June 22nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
What do u use to script, Charmander07?

I was using Pokescript to set it up. Since That had the largest tutorial i could find on scripting.

I'll send you the script in the morning since i'm out of time online tonight, and i have ot try and organize my many copies of the roms and files now.

Youji
June 23rd, 2007, 02:09 AM
[QUOTE=Antwhan;2549267]What do u use to script, Charmander07?

I had used DiamondCutter to compile the script. For making the script I had used the Windows Text-Editor and my head:laugh:.

tommo123
June 24th, 2007, 05:08 AM
hi, i dumped all the trainers and pokemon into the PET program, but when i click on a trainer's name it comes up with a run time error saying 'overflow'. it seems to be ok with the trainers near the bottom but can somebody please help me whats happening or how to resolve the problem? thanks

Antwhan
June 24th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Well I was able to get the trainer to sortof work...

when u go upto and talk to him, the battle starts normally, but if he spots u even walking into the line of sight it freezes up b4 he walks to u...

and after the fight if i try to talk w/ him it goes red/maroon screen...

here's the script in the spoiler

#org $Trainer1
lock
faceplayer
trainerbattle 0 1 $MadChall $MadDefeat
$MadChall 1 = Wast: Your going down!
$MadDefeat 1 = Wast: Next time, I'll win!
message $MadTalk
$MadTalk 1 = I thought I was strong enough.\pI Guess I was wrong.
boxset 6
release
end

I'm so happy i got it to sortof work

ps. I was using pokescript for this because that seemed to work better for me, incase it looks weird.

foullump
June 24th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Well I was able to get the trainer to sortof work...

when u go upto and talk to him, the battle starts normally, but if he spots u even walking into the line of sight it freezes up b4 he walks to u...

and after the fight if i try to talk w/ him it goes red/maroon screen...

here's the script in the spoiler

#org $Trainer1
lock
faceplayer
message $MadTalk
$MadTalk 1 = I thought I was strong enough.\pI Guess I was wrong.
boxset 6
release
end

I'm so happy i got it to sortof work

ps. I was using pokescript for this because that seemed to work better for me, incase it looks weird.
get rid of the lock and faceplayer. It will do that automaticly. So get rid of it. And, this is a problem:
message $MadTalk

Do it as I have it in my tutorial.
message $MadTalk

#org $MadChall
$MadChall 1 = Wast: You're going down!

#org $MadDefeat

Antwhan
June 24th, 2007, 07:00 PM
thanks foullump, it works perfectly now! that's a major help for me and my hack.

tommo123
June 25th, 2007, 02:40 AM
Does anyone know how to get rid of the run-time errors that occur on the PET program? it keeps saying 'OVERFLOW' when i choose a trainer!!! argh:@

tommo123
June 25th, 2007, 02:43 AM
sory 4 the double post but the trainers have like 16243 or something lik dat, it has a really high number and it comes up straight away with 'OVERFLOW'!!!! :@

Youji
June 25th, 2007, 06:14 AM
sory 4 the double post but the trainers have like 16243 or something lik dat, it has a really high number and it comes up straight away with 'OVERFLOW'!!!! :@

Maybe you havn't a supportet version. If I had chosen a german one I got the same error. Please use only FR/LG/R/S in the English Version in PET.

tommo123
June 25th, 2007, 08:33 AM
thanx 4 replying, it seems to be ok. dam if anyone comes up with a suggestion pls let me no :) tanx

Fireboy57
June 26th, 2007, 07:15 AM
does anyone know a PET in english for FireRed??

Youji
June 26th, 2007, 08:14 AM
does anyone know a PET in english for FireRed??

You get it everywhere. Just download an Elitemap and open the folder. Than look out for the jongleur which is called PET. Open it and open your Rom.
Supportet ROMS: FR/LG/R/S in English and maybe (I don't know) in Japanease.

tommo123
June 26th, 2007, 01:17 PM
i think the PET program i got was dojey, ive tried 3 or 4 roms and none seem 2 work. will re-installing help?

Youji
June 27th, 2007, 01:22 AM
i think the PET program i got was dojey, ive tried 3 or 4 roms and none seem 2 work. will re-installing help?

Maybe. My PET of EM works perfect so try to reinstall EM.

tommo123
July 1st, 2007, 10:04 AM
where did you get it from, i think i got mine from whack a hack, but there was another place... egh, i aint having much look recently, my pkmn silver/crystal's memory broke too... :'(

Youji
July 1st, 2007, 10:16 AM
I got mine from http://romhackersworld.de.vu/ but this site is German.

tommo123
July 1st, 2007, 11:18 AM
thank u, now i got another one in ELITEMAP37. all of those numbers and stuff at the side are all trainers right?

Youji
July 3rd, 2007, 03:26 AM
thank u, now i got another one in ELITEMAP37. all of those numbers and stuff at the side are all trainers right?

Which stuff do you mean? This in PET? Yes these are the index sprites of a trainer. Have a look at this:
#org 0xBegin
#raw 0x5C
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1'(Look in PET and you'll find by number 1 the Aqua leader) Replace this value and fight against the Trainer you want.
0x0 0xIntroText 0xDefeatText
message 0xAfterBeatingText
boxset 0x2
end

PokeFanatic12698
July 10th, 2007, 03:38 PM
hi i need abit of help.
In advancemap, i added a sprite (or a person) and checked the box that says trainer. when i launch the rom and talk to him the game freezes for completely. and this is a big problem for me becuase i am making an edit of pokemon fire red. can somebody help me out?

Youji
July 13th, 2007, 04:10 AM
hi i need abit of help.
In advancemap, i added a sprite (or a person) and checked the box that says trainer. when i launch the rom and talk to him the game freezes for completely. and this is a big problem for me becuase i am making an edit of pokemon fire red. can somebody help me out?

You have to give him a script. I fnot it's 0000000 and that's Oaks script. So make one and give it to him. You have to make a trauner script of course.

treytrey113
July 28th, 2007, 03:44 PM
um yes i can't find the main charcter sprite at th opening it is important for my hack to have his opening

Youji
July 28th, 2007, 11:41 PM
um yes i can't find the main charcter sprite at th opening it is important for my hack to have his opening

You mean the OW sprite? It's 0 for the boy and.. I think 3 or 4 for the girl.
Or do you mean the ID for battling?

That Cool Guy
July 29th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah i have just one question...Where do you get the trainer pictures? I don't see any pictures of trainers. Do i have to like dump them in or something? and I can only edit the attacks of gym leader pokemon.

can you tell me whats wrong?

destinedjagold
July 29th, 2007, 11:50 PM
I hope I'm not a bother.

May I ask what are the following? I mean what does 0x001 and 0x00 mean in a trainer script? Example:

trainerbattle 0x001 0x00 $anotherone $what

trivium
August 2nd, 2007, 12:05 AM
when i try to open rs ball a message comes up saying 'no rom files found' how do i get around this problem.

foullump
August 3rd, 2007, 06:22 AM
when i try to open rs ball a message comes up saying 'no rom files found' how do i get around this problem.
You're supposed to put your rom in the same folder as rsball.

Gerri Shin
August 3rd, 2007, 12:11 PM
i'm kinda lost. heres my situation- i'm trying to add a few new trainers to a map in a FR hack i'm doing, and i've already created the trainers in PET and put them into the rom. I can't seem to find out how to find their offset numbers or how to properly script them into the map. i can easily copy a trainer from elsewhere in the game, but i cant quite figure out how to create new ones. if anyone can help me out or is willing to help me create the actual script for them i'd be most appreciative.

foullump
August 3rd, 2007, 12:59 PM
i'm kinda lost. heres my situation- i'm trying to add a few new trainers to a map in a FR hack i'm doing, and i've already created the trainers in PET and put them into the rom. I can't seem to find out how to find their offset numbers or how to properly script them into the map. i can easily copy a trainer from elsewhere in the game, but i cant quite figure out how to create new ones. if anyone can help me out or is willing to help me create the actual script for them i'd be most appreciative.

there's a sample script in the tutorial, and their id can be found next to their name.

Gerri Shin
August 3rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
ok so i have the whole thing scripted, but i'm still kinda lost (i'm very new at this)
but In the folder where the .rbc file was there will now be a file with a .buf extention. Open it with a double click.
The file will open in a program called bufrite.
i looked up Irish witch's tutorial and i think that i got rubikon to compile it, but i don't have the .buf document in the folder or the program called bufrite. what i should do now or where do i get the stuff to make this right?

treytrey113
August 3rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Can't edit FR gym trainers so how do i?

Kasekopf
August 3rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Is another image dumper I could use besides RSball? I can't get it to dump my FireRed ROM (I assume that's because they're incompatible?)

foullump
August 3rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Is another image dumper I could use besides RSball? I can't get it to dump my FireRed ROM (I assume that's because they're incompatible?)

You're supposed to install it. But BEWARE:The elite map package will sometimes carry trojans that will mess up your computer.

Kasekopf
August 3rd, 2007, 07:33 PM
You're supposed to install it. But BEWARE:The elite map package will sometimes carry trojans that will mess up your computer.

When I run the program I get:

"pokeroms.ini not found. Download it from helmetedrodent.kickassgamers. com/pokemon

Using built-in Ruby (US) data..."

Sorry, I'm just trying to start hacking, so forgive me if there's something obvious I'm missing.

treytrey113
August 4th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Still can't edit fire red gym trainers

PiplupGHacker
August 14th, 2007, 08:12 AM
It says unsupported rom when I open my ruby rom in RS BALL.

EDIT: Fixed!

dragonor
August 16th, 2007, 02:53 AM
How do I find the image of my character for firered? The one after you select boy or girl?

Ben1993
August 16th, 2007, 10:23 AM
When I open PET and try to click on the arrows that change the pics of trainers and
pokemon, a messeage pops up saying "runtime error 76 Path not found pics/trainer-001.bmp" and then the program closes.
Am I doing something or is it the progam?

EDIT: Nevermind

KoolGamesX
August 17th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks!!!!This is so awsome!It's working!:)

flameboy8106
August 19th, 2007, 09:03 PM
i need help when i open up the ruby rom and try to make a new trainer class i write the class and i press enter but after i do that it says runtime error subscript out of range someone plz help me!

Supreme Dirt
August 21st, 2007, 12:58 PM
Alrighty, people are asking, but nobody's answering.

When I run the program I get:

"pokeroms.ini not found. Download it from helmetedrodent.kickassgamers. com/pokemon

Using built-in Ruby (US) data..."

Sorry, I'm just trying to start hacking, so forgive me if there's something obvious I'm missing.

Go to the EliteMap website and download EliteMap. It comes with the ini file.
As well, why don't the pokemon display for FireRed version instead of glitchy words?

Anyways, a simple question: what is the code for the Deoxys music in FireRed? I want to use it instead of the current music.

Dr.Razor
August 22nd, 2007, 11:07 AM
Does this tutorial work with Fire Red?

Supreme Dirt
August 24th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Does this tutorial work with Fire Red?
Yeah, it does. You just cannot use the 'text only' mode, as it displays weird looking words. As well, be sure to dump the GFX bank of FireRed.

i need help when i open up the ruby rom and try to make a new trainer class i write the class and i press enter but after i do that it says runtime error subscript out of range someone plz help me!
Is the class name over 12 characters (including spaces) long?

If not that, reinstall EliteMap and try using PET then.

How do I find the image of my character for firered? The one after you select boy or girl?
one word: unlzGBA (hope I spelt that right)

Still can't edit fire red gym trainers
Alright, when you play through the game, the ORIGINAL, UNEDITED game, (which you SHOULD be doing while hacking trainers) write down the trainer's name. then, go to 'Find Trainer...' (make sure you have the first trainer selected) and type in the trainer's name. It will take you right to them.

sisonoio
August 29th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Can I edit trainer in pokemon emerald (E)?
PET don't work correctly...
I need the data of pokeroms.ini for BPEE?

Supreme Dirt
August 29th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Can I edit trainers in Pokemon Emerald (E)?
PET doesn't work correctly...
I need the data of pokeroms.ini for BPEE? <Not an actual question.>

Sorry for my corrections, but it's become a habit.

Anyways, Yes, you can edit emerald in PET, you just need the right ini file offsets
What do you mean, PET doesn't work correctly? I need more detail to help.

[BPEE]
Name = Pokémon Emerald (E)
RomType = 2
Language = 0
MapHeaders = 543396
Maps = 543180
WorldMap = hoennmap.bmp
MapLabels = 1194820
HomeLevel = &H0009
WildPokemon = &H553450
MonsterNames = &H3185C8
MonsterPics = &H30A194
MonsterPals = &H303680
TrainerPics = &H305654
TrainerPals = &H30593C
TrainerPicCount = 93
MonsterPicCount = 440
MusicList = em_songs.txt ;rs_songs.txt

Just paste that in Pokeroms.ini.

sisonoio
August 30th, 2007, 07:00 AM
for example, i can't change the attacks of pokemon of some trainers
and some pokemon are wrong: graveler is geodude... politoed is hoppip...

Yellow Magikoopa
August 30th, 2007, 12:59 PM
This is helpful, but I'm really curious about how to edit a trainer's pokemon.

alalalala
September 1st, 2007, 09:11 PM
What program do i need to hack pokemon emerald?
like change the sprites change the map ant the text.

Ripper
September 1st, 2007, 09:57 PM

Gym trainers are generally impossible to edit... You can change their Pokemon but the attacks from the originals will remain :(

I have no idea what you mean by the second bit...

spenceroone3
September 8th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Thanx, this helped for my Pokemon Death hack.

M i n a t o //
September 16th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Do the trainer sprites for brendan and may
affect the sprites in the beginning when u pick girl or boy
and the sprites on ur trainer card?
(btw im hacking ruby)

Knox
September 16th, 2007, 03:35 PM

When you cant change the attacks it doesnt really matter..
Whatever level the pokemon is it will select moves that the pokemon would know at its level

Do the trainer sprites for brendan and may
affect the sprites in the beginning when u pick girl or boy
and the sprites on ur trainer card?
(btw im hacking ruby)

Errrm...I have no idea what you are talking about..
Brendan and May's Sprites in the beggining will never change unless you use unlz..

M i n a t o //
September 16th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Errrm...I have no idea what you are talking about..
Brendan and May's Sprites in the beggining will never change unless you use unlz..

no no what i meant was if i changed their trainer sprites like when u battle them, do they affect the sprites in the beginning?

Knox
September 17th, 2007, 11:05 AM
No it wouldnt

That would only change if you used unzl

Gerri Shin
September 17th, 2007, 06:44 PM
When you cant change the attacks it doesnt really matter..
Whatever level the pokemon is it will select moves that the pokemon would know at its level

Umm I'd have to disagree, I changed a trainers pokemon from geodude to zubat and somehow the zubat knew sing (btw the level was somewhere between 10 and 12) so I'm not sure that it automatically chooses the right attacks, unless there was some step I missed.

thethethethe
September 18th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Umm I'd have to disagree, I changed a trainers pokemon from geodude to zubat and somehow the zubat knew sing (btw the level was somewhere between 10 and 12) so I'm not sure that it automatically chooses the right attacks, unless there was some step I missed.

You can change the moves of some trainers which are supposed to be gym leaders. If you can't edit the attacks its supposed to be a normal trainer.

Gerri Shin
September 18th, 2007, 07:32 AM
You can change the moves of some trainers which are supposed to be gym leaders. If you can't edit the attacks its supposed to be a normal trainer.

well the trainer I changed was originally brock, but all I did was change the sprite, pokemon and attacks and somehow the attacks came out wrong.
Also If anyone knows how do you change what TM they give you at the end of the battle. Does that involve scripting?

foullump
September 18th, 2007, 02:47 PM
well the trainer I changed was originally brock, but all I did was change the sprite, pokemon and attacks and somehow the attacks came out wrong.
Also If anyone knows how do you change what TM they give you at the end of the battle. Does that involve scripting?

It can involve scripting, if you script the entire battle yourself...
Or, you can just open a hex-editor, and change it by that method, which is rather difficult....

cooley
September 18th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Can you tell me a Script for a Trainer to come from the top of the map[JUST like in the youtube video(White Version beta 1 video 4) then walk up to you and battle.

dante001
September 19th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Runtime error aswell?
If it says erorr runtime overflow then i can help!

BBs0n
September 23rd, 2007, 08:45 AM
Well, this progam is for editing the trainers themself... Like borck into a strange guy with green hair or something. But I want to keep Brock for other events and I want to replace him by Bruno (a E4 of gold)... But I don't know how

ShyRayq
December 5th, 2007, 12:44 AM
hey I can't edit the Emerald trainers with PET
I got the pokeroms ini pasted the thing and the trainers names were strange
so how do i edit pokemon emerald trainers?

axlefoley
December 16th, 2007, 05:11 AM
does this tut work with FR/LG/E?

Youji
December 16th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Only FR/LG/R/S but no Emerald. I would suggest you to make hex scripts with Trainer Battles kauz PET of EliteMap is too glitchy...Sometimes they have completely other Pokémon or/and Levels. But it would work with FR/LG but not the RS Ball! RSR Ball is only for R/S...like I remember...

Bgartz29
December 18th, 2007, 06:00 AM
I can't seem to find those 3 tools needed to do this on the site you posted. Any reason why? Thanks for the nice tutorial

derv1205
December 18th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the tutorial, i was searching for this :D , but one questions, can i add pokemons to a trainer?

Rizzo
December 18th, 2007, 01:20 PM
For tommo123;
You are probably using Pokemon Emerald.
Anyway...does anybody know a hacking tools where you can edit the items except Advanced Mart? It comes up with a COMDLG32.DLL Error.
If anybody who knows the cure for the error or knows a hacking tool for editing items (except Advanced Mart) I will be XTRA pleased with them!!!
Thanks,
Rizzo

Sora_8920
December 18th, 2007, 01:44 PM
For tommo123;
You are probably using Pokemon Emerald.
Anyway...does anybody know a hacking tools where you can edit the items except Advanced Mart? It comes up with a COMDLG32.DLL Error.
If anybody who knows the cure for the error or knows a hacking tool for editing items (except Advanced Mart) I will be XTRA pleased with them!!!
Thanks,
Rizzo

The Toolbox probably has your Item Editing tool, I'll check..

derv1205
December 18th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Hi, well, forgot about my other question ^^, i already know the answer ^^ , and
i want help in this:
-I change the pokemons of Roxanne (The first Gym Leader in Ruby) and also changed
the attacks, when i play it in the rom, the attacks are not correct, i put a Cubone with Bone Club, Tail Whip, Growl and Rock Tomb... But when i play in the rom the only attack it used was Hyper Fang u.u =S , please i need some help ^^

ShyRayq
December 20th, 2007, 12:41 AM
In P.E.T if you want a move like pound put it so it's the attack UNDER pound

derv1205
December 20th, 2007, 05:56 PM
In P.E.T if you want a move like pound put it so it's
the attack UNDER pound
Oh!, thanks a lot man ! ^^ , now it works ^^
thanks again ^^

ShyRayq
December 20th, 2007, 09:17 PM
np man
I also have a question
How can i edit normal trainer's pokemon moves like in SG
Carlos was an ordinary trainer and i could edit his pokemon's moves
so how do i do it?

derv1205
December 21st, 2007, 06:57 AM
np man
I also have a question
How can i edit normal trainer's pokemon moves like in SG
Carlos was an ordinary trainer and i could edit his pokemon's moves
so how do i do it?
Is the same, i think, you just select the moves and then put "SAVE POKEMON" ^^

syaoranccs
January 2nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
I can't use PET
because when I use it
it don't appear pictures of pokemon or trainer
although I can change move, name, lv...
but I can change picture
somebody help me

Link_971
January 2nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Of course that can help you!

Contact me via private message I will give you the answer ^^

/Circa
January 2nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know what I should search to edit trainers with a hex editor, because it is most effective and not glitchy ;D.

It would be appreciated.

jonesy08
January 3rd, 2008, 02:39 AM
could some one tell me on unlz-gba on the ruby rom what is prof oaks number

HeroBlue
January 3rd, 2008, 03:34 AM
Is there a possibility to create a Trainer with custom-made-sprite? Like do the sprite with a graphic-program, then load it into the ROM, etc..

jonesy08
January 4th, 2008, 03:49 AM
so how do you change the background of the tranier card metriod p

Kardin
January 5th, 2008, 01:33 PM
This doesn't seem to work with Ruby... any idea why?

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
January 25th, 2008, 08:10 AM
May i ask a thing?
When i making a new event it's the old traniers pokemons, and not mine? Like
I edit brok and inset a new script, Then he has hes old pokemons
I edit brok and use the old script from the game, Then the changes work...? Sorry, But what am i doing wrong?

Jack of Bl♠des
February 2nd, 2008, 07:54 PM
Okay, sorry for the idiocy that will come out from this comment, as maybe my mind just can't seem to grasp the concept of scripting/editing trainers and fights fully. Suppose I want to make a trainer. I would open Pet to look for an open space, and write down that offset (so that I know what their pokemon are), correct? If so, Then what? Am I supposed to write a script in ScriptEd, and if so, what do I do next? (I've figured this much out finally)

And also, how do I edit names? When I click "Options" like in the tutorial, all I see are "Show as Text" and "Make Script". An explanation would be appreciated.

Khalil
February 10th, 2008, 10:47 AM
how do you add a script to the empty box in PET im really confused.

conicteam
February 10th, 2008, 04:22 PM
How can I make RS Ball compatible with Fire Red?
If I can't is there another program for Trainer pic editing?
Also, what is the offset # for the Intro trainer sprite ( not the OW)?

Jack of Bl♠des
February 10th, 2008, 08:04 PM
How can I make RS Ball compatible with Fire Red?
If I can't is there another program for Trainer pic editing?
Also, what is the offset # for the Intro trainer sprite ( not the OW)?

If you want RS Ball to be compatible with FR, just copy and paste that ROM into the same folder as RS BAll. And I'm not sure what you mean for your next question. If you want to find the sprite for the protagonists, you'll need UNLZ. For Fire Red/Leaf Green the numbers are 1634 and 1635 for the male and female (respectively).

Lyzo
February 26th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Hmmm i've got a qeustion....

In my fire red rom i'm trying to use brock in my trainer script. I used PET to find his offfset to use in my script (which was 19E). Everything works great except the trainer isn't brock but a guy called KINDLER with a lvl 5 ekans....

Have i got the wrong offset?

Vegeta™
February 28th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Lets say i changed a character in a-map (the breeder isaac to the trainer emerald/ruby)
and i want to battle him
then when we are battling the picture of the guy changes back to isaac

how do i change the picture to emerald(brendan)?

wingzro17
February 29th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I got a problem. In FR I can't edit the Pokemon's moves. I'm not sure if it's the .ini file or somehting.

conicteam
March 20th, 2008, 12:50 PM
If you want RS Ball to be compatible with FR, just copy and paste that ROM into the same folder as RS BAll. And I'm not sure what you mean for your next question. If you want to find the sprite for the protagonists, you'll need UNLZ. For Fire Red/Leaf Green the numbers are 1634 and 1635 for the male and female (respectively).
Disregard the 2nd one because that was only for if there was no way to make FR compatible

gary oakkk
April 5th, 2008, 02:15 AM
mine says runtime error 76

Hardy Har Har
April 9th, 2008, 04:11 AM
NICE TUTORIAL!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Tropical Sunlight
April 9th, 2008, 04:35 AM
I was wondering why do you run into an other offset when you increase the number of Pokemon?

Dingo01930
April 9th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I was wondering why do you run into an other offset when you increase the number of Pokemon?

It seems that I've the same problem.......
When I finished editing the 4th trainer (I edit trainer ID:001~004),
I go back to the 3rd trainer, and I found the pokemons I've prefered
for the 3rd trainer got mixed with the 4th trainer.... = =" (This happens only if I increase the no. of pokemon)
Can this problem be solved??

dragonarche
April 16th, 2008, 02:58 AM
where can i download PET and RS ball
i went on that site and it didnt say PET or RS ball in the tools section

Dingo01930
April 16th, 2008, 04:14 AM
where can i download PET and RS ball
i went on that site and it didnt say PET or RS ball in the tools section

It's included in the Elite Map package~

dragonarche
April 24th, 2008, 01:38 AM
can you give me a good link for PET
i went to your page and it saidnothing a bout PET in the tools section

BBs0n
May 1st, 2008, 11:20 AM
It's included in Elitemap

I'd like to let the RIVAL battle, but what is his name then?? Because you can choose his name in the beginning

Mages4ever
May 4th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Ummm about the completely new trainer?
How do you make it so it doesnt affect anyone elses Pokemon?
Meaning like a Brawnd New, Not even in the PET unless you created it?

Jawash
May 4th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Yes its possible. All you have to do is create a new person with advance map or elitemap.
Write a trainerscript like this:
#org 0x76ECF0
#raw 0x5C
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x76ED30 0x76ED60
checkflag 0x10B
if 1 jump 0x76EE20
setflag 0x10B
release
end

#org 0x76ED30
= I'll defeat you!

#org 0x76ED60
= Mhhh? Maybe you're as good\nas I thought.\pYou should try to become the champ!

#org 0x76EE20
message 0x76EEF0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x76EEF0
= Jop you are very good.

Now Recognice that the 0x1 part is the trainer id of The Aqua leader. In FR this Trainer isn'T used so Change the picture change the pokémon and give your new person the script offset.

You've created your first Trainer.

Kioshi, I thank you so much. That right there should be tutorial enough.
It's the most simple [seriously]
but extremely helpful, Domo Arigato!!!

Mages4ever
May 5th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Yea... Really can you create your own trainer cuz I dont wanna edit anyone elses pokemon, I just wanna make a new script like

For example an aqua leader with an arbok, with a custom name and custom moves, not a preset pokemon trainer, or an editted one.

cloudffvii2696
May 5th, 2008, 04:05 PM
how do i edit the trainer card sprite?
i found the number and i tried to edit and it said it was too big, so i found free space w/ hexworkshop and sent the new sprite to the free space, and now when i go to the trainer card in game its still the original sprite...
somebody plz help me

Jawash
May 5th, 2008, 04:39 PM
eh 2xpost sry.
but uh. I was wondering if there is a program similar to PET
But for Emerald.
I do want to change peoples pokemon.
I was playing an Emerald hack a couple of weeks ago and the very first trainer that you fight, aside from May/Brenden/Rival happened to have a lvl.15 Swampert...
I thought that was SO B/A!
And it made the game harder.
Which=Funner :3
Oh and the 'Trainer Edit' program does not work for me...
The one with a Blastoise as the icon.

I try to run Trainer Edit and all I get is a run-time error box saying something about
actskn43.ocx... And I used three different links in downloading this program trying each one, but they all end up the same.... Garbage...

So if anyone made/has a trainer editing proram for emerald, that would be splendid.
And I would like a lot more feed back than a couple other posts I made...
[Because I'm n00bing around?]

Just want help my friends....

Chimchar 9
May 9th, 2008, 06:24 AM
thanks for this its a big help

master morty
May 17th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I'm trying to edit pokemon ruby u.s. axve in pet but all I get is glitchy characters and
"run-time error 6 overflow
can somebody please post the ruby ini

Nightmare789456123
July 28th, 2008, 03:57 AM
I've got a big problem:

When i want to open the ROM (Leaf Green, Ruby) and i want to cange the picture of the pokemon or the trainer it says: Runtime Error 76 path not found: 'pics/trainer-00A.bmp. what can I do?
it's very important, because i want to make the BEST hack ever, and i need this programm to change the trainers pokemon etc. or is there a possibibity to make a script, if there is, please give me a detailed tutorial.

PLEASE help me

aggrononer612
July 29th, 2008, 04:50 PM
thanks foullump, it works perfectly now! that's a major help for me and my hack.

lriley777
August 4th, 2008, 04:48 AM
i tried to use RS BALL, but... it says it need a poke ini download. i went to the website it says for. i downloaded the poke ini, but it says i need to load a rom, how do i do that?

i figured it out, but.... it wont work. almost anything i click makes it do a run time error.

Ineffable~
August 30th, 2008, 08:45 AM
No offense but this was useless to me. I thought you were going say how to
edit tainers that aren't in PET. (Gym leader rematches, Steven in Emerald,
and the Frontier Brains) Could you please tell me how to edit those?

Red Silvers
September 14th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Trainers you can't edit?

This is for Fire Red

I'm trying to edit trainers for my custom Gym. I changed Brocks Pokemon fine, and went to change the camper in the Pewter Gym (he's 08E). Normally his Pokemon are a Geodude (10) and a Sandshrew (11). I'm trying to change them to a Bellsprout (12)and a Bulbasaur (12).

When I load this trainer in Pet, his Pokemon are listed as Level 10 Geodude and a Level 0 ??. I edited the Pokemon to Bellsprout and Bulbasaur, and tested it.

He had Bellsprout (12) and Sandshrew (11).

So I tried changing the Pokemon again. Bulbsaur first, then Bellsprout.

He had Bulbasaur (12) and Sandshrew (11).

I really want to fix this but I'm not sure why its not working.

OAK
October 3rd, 2008, 06:05 AM
Can someone help me ???
I can edit the trainer and so but when i am talk to him in the game or he comes to me
he say somthink like that :ÄdjgkE""""""""""°^^^^^^^^999and some other symbols...
Please Help !!!

Daniel A.
October 5th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I don't under stand why you guys just don't use trainer edit. It is much easier and works for emerald. Search Juan on the memberslist and look at his threads. You'll find something about that if you are having lots of trouble..

DriveUMad
October 5th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Im trying to edit a Fire RED english version ROMbut everytime I i load my rom with the PET ( or even with Trainer Editor ) I receive this error message"Run-Time Error 6 - Overflow"and the program crashes.The only trainer I can select without crashing is the second on the list "LADY"and also, all the other trainers have strange names like "û à", just some random letters, while most of the trainers don't even have a name, and when I try to edit something in the "LADY" ( which is the only accessible trainer ) I get this "Run Time Error 9" something with the script path. Please if someone knows how to solve this help me =T

nick11202
October 8th, 2008, 11:54 AM
this is great and helped my hack!

md427
October 15th, 2008, 12:45 PM
...The link didn't work... D=

Dark_Master
November 25th, 2008, 12:36 PM
GReat tutorial! Thanks :D

Thrace
November 25th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Not only did you break the 4 word rule but you also revived a thread older than a month. For shame.

Closed