PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft II

digi-kun
May 21st, 2007, 03:52 PM
So ya, as the title suggests, development of Starcraft II has been announced
http://www.starcraft2.com/

so far on the site, only information on the protoss has been released , but IGN has info on some of the new units
http://pc.ign.com/articles/790/790160p1.html

thoughts?

Jeremy
May 21st, 2007, 06:18 PM
I want it...as soon as I construct additional Pylons, sweetie. XD

But serrously, all I got say is that me and my Koreans brothers are going to be all over it like white on rice. XD

Jack O'Neill
May 21st, 2007, 07:14 PM
Given this community's general antipathy, if not outright hatred and loathing, towards non-Japanese, non-role-playing games, good luck trying to get a non-hostile response to this topic.

That said, words cannot describe just how overjoyed I am at the news that Blizzard has finally announced that they're working on StarCraft II.

"This is not Warcraft in space! It's much more sophisticated! I KNOW it's not 3-D!" - Artanis

kohei
May 21st, 2007, 07:50 PM
I'm happy. I love Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft and WoW. Basically any Blizzard game, even the one with the three vikings.

Therefore, I am very happy. And Zerglings transforming into exploding balls is cool too.

May 22nd, 2007, 12:18 AM
This has been one the most anticipated moments in Blizzard history, during the one week in which Blizzard updated their website with each passing day featuring one of their games in preparations to the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational.

While we've gotten plenty of Protoss information, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get more info regarding the Zerg (kekeke), I guess we'll have to wait a little while longer before then.

In the words of Tychus Findlay, "Hell, it's about time."

Basically any Blizzard game, even the one with the three vikings.
Ah, yes, The Lost Vikings. Fun game, though it can be a little tedious at times.

Scales
May 23rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
Well Blizzard has been working on updating Starcrafts engine non-publicly for like 3 years. Thats why rumors of starcraft 2 have been around since Brood war. Anyway I cant wait to see the battle.net of it.

But after years of petitions and pleas from fans of brood war Im surprised Blizzard actualy took action and created a sequal. Mainly because most game producers dont create a new game despite the numerous amount of fans asking for it

Happy Dude
May 25th, 2007, 02:54 AM
It Will be Good but it will never take over WoW priority.

Shiny Umbreon
May 25th, 2007, 09:25 AM
"Hell, it's about time"

It sure should have come out a million years ago. I saw it's in development since 2003. At least I'm sure all this time we had to wait was worth it. I can't wait to play, and I've just seen a few demos! I'm sure it will have a good reception.

kohei
May 25th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Oh yeah, are Hybrids really going to be released as the 4th playable race?

Paranoia
May 26th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Hopefully they don't bring another race out, and just focus on the three already in the game, I reckon they should do this because the three races complete the game, and if this "new" race comes out, where has it been all along?

Just a random question for starcraft 1, has anyone seen that video clip of the Terran marines in a space ship, and then a giant alien space ship comes and ionises the hell outta it, coz I wonder if that is proton, or something else...

Kenny_C.002
May 27th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Hopefully they don't bring another race out, and just focus on the three already in the game, I reckon they should do this because the three races complete the game, and if this "new" race comes out, where has it been all along?

Well if there is a new race, it'll be the hybrid race. I have no idea how this race would work, other than the fact that Duran is leading it. And Duran should be in SC 2, unless they're just going to take another 10 years to develop that. lol

Paranoia
May 27th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Well if there is a new race, it'll be the hybrid race. I have no idea how this race would work, other than the fact that Duran is leading it. And Duran should be in SC 2, unless they're just going to take another 10 years to develop that. lol

I liked Duran, hehe, What is this hybrid race?, are you talking about a mixture between zerg and terran, like that zerg queen, ahhg forgot her name (Fav character) yeah good old day's starcraft rocks imo, *installs* ahh good game, xD!

Kenny_C.002
May 29th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Zeratul found zerg/protoss hybrids in the optional mission. Duran is zerg/human himself, though. So the hybrid race would probably a mix of the three.

Kerrigan is the name of the Queen of Blades. ;)

Paranoia
May 29th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Zeratul found zerg/protoss hybrids in the optional mission. Duran is zerg/human himself, though. So the hybrid race would probably a mix of the three.

Kerrigan is the name of the Queen of Blades. ;)

Could you tell me the exact mission, I want to play it lol, and yeah kerrigan, what a beast.

But yeah, I still don't think they will make a fourth race, it just seems too, weird, as in, what buildings will be used an all?

Kenny_C.002
May 30th, 2007, 09:00 AM
In the Zerg campaign in brood war, the optional mission opens if you beat the 30 minute mission is record low time where you had to destroy the base beside the stasis cell (i think it was like below 15 minutes or something). Yeah, Zeratul has an encounter with Duran and his hybrids.

I don't think there will be a 4th race in this installment, but certainly Duran has to play a part in it. Possibly there will be a few units here and there from the hybrids (kinda like the Naga in warcraft 3).

Shiny Umbreon
May 31st, 2007, 03:59 PM
There's no new race. They will keep the main ones, but I suppose the hybrids will have something to do with the storyline.

Kenny_C.002
May 31st, 2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah I heard. Also, the release date will not be 2007. XD

Paranoia
June 1st, 2007, 12:17 AM
That's so disappointing, I have been playing starcraft one, so I remember the story, Lol, if anyone remembers, the mission for terran on starcraft (Not broodwar) where you have 30mins to survive, I killed the zerg, so It was kinda funny imo.

But yeah I can't wait for Starcraft 2, I have been waiting for the 3d for ages, Hopefully I can zoom in on their face, As I'll make a machinnama!

kohei
June 1st, 2007, 02:08 AM
Hopefully I can zoom in on their face, As I'll make a machinnama!Since Warcraft 3 let you zoom in pretty close to their faces, lets hope we can too this time. I also think they did that in the demonstration movie.

I'll be waiting eagerly for your machinima :)

Paranoia
June 1st, 2007, 03:45 AM
Since Warcraft 3 let you zoom in pretty close to their faces, lets hope we can too this time. I also think they did that in the demonstration movie.

I'll be waiting eagerly for your machinima :)

Awesome, I'll be getting voice actors to, probably from this place, Ahh, I'll start the script right now! and get people to help me edit it, woot!

shinygold fan
June 16th, 2007, 07:42 AM
what no info on the zerg they were my favorite the marines were my least fav face it marines no cant heal yourself and you cant say "building build here then move away and watch it build

Scales
June 16th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I cant wait to see if Raynor does some really heroic thing that angers Kerrigan. I mean both of them like each other

SqueakyVoicedTeen
June 26th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I prefer C&C over Starcraft, but I still want to get this game. It looks good, just like the original Starcraft.

kohei
June 26th, 2007, 11:48 PM
I prefer C&C over Starcraft, but I still want to get this game. It looks good, just like the original Starcraft.
Now that you mention it, I'm playing C&C3 until Starcraft 2 get released.

I still hope they have the same/similar game balance as the first...