PDA

View Full Version : Skipping School...

Hotono
May 22nd, 2007, 04:47 AM
Ok, I hope this is the right forum... but I just missed the school bus... ._.;;; OMGosh! I'm home alone & my aunt & grandma went to the doctor so when they come home at 11 they are going to find out that I'm not at school. D= I'm sort of panicking right now... & I missed the bus last Monday too so now I have to come up with another excuse.

So the thread says it all, am I the only one here who skips school? I guess reading other peoples stories will make me feel better. x3;

Hakeen
May 22nd, 2007, 04:54 AM
I've never skipped school. I'm such a good girl. I don't even skip to school, considering I go in a car. XD

Legacy
May 22nd, 2007, 04:54 AM
I used to skip school all the time. I don't think I actually skipped entire days, but I skipped plenty of lessons. In my last year, I was skipping at least once a day (R.S) because it was so pointlessly useless and it was the final lesson of the day, so I just used to skip it and go home early. I never got into trouble for it.

Suki
May 22nd, 2007, 06:36 AM
I never have skipped school. I don't do it unless it's near the end of the day and everyone wants to go out. That's rare though and rebellious. I never skip lessons either. I'd just get caught out and punished and there's not really any point. I walk to school so I can't miss buses or anything. I hate walking in the rain though...

Esupio
May 22nd, 2007, 06:36 AM
Just ring the school and say that you missed the bus.

thats what I'd do.

Never skipped school.

Allstories
May 22nd, 2007, 11:17 AM
I've never skipped, ever, and I'm in high school, where everyone skips all the time.

Portujesus
May 22nd, 2007, 12:53 PM
I always get late to school. But I always find good excuses. And I'm going to repeat this grade, so there's no point in even going to school.

Drahc
May 22nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
dont you have to go to school by law? :)

Jack O'Neill
May 22nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
I have never skipped school without a valid justification for my absenteeism. Given the choice, I'd rather be tardy than absent altogether.

bmah
May 22nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
I've hardly skipped school because there's hardly any benefits in doing so. Go, even if you missed the bus or something.

Now that I'm in university/college, no one actually cares if you've skipped school.

Idiot!
May 22nd, 2007, 11:47 PM
I can't skip school even if I wanted to, which I don't. Both my parents will make sure I arrived school, no matter what it takes.

Allstories
May 23rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
I just got an award at my senior class awards ceremony for PERFECT ATTENDANCE. Oh hells yeah.

Gunn
May 23rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Skipping school is so easy. I used to do it all the time. Sometimes it's because I can't get myself out of bed, so I end up waking around ten in the morning or so. Other times, it's just like, "Ugh, I don't want to go to school today." So then, I go back to sleep and presto. My mom has never gave her thought on it. She never seem to have a problem with it, or not at least when I was younger. *shrugs* Last year, it got so bad I had to attend administrative hearing and they put me under contract, or else my mom would had had to pay a $150 fine.

I still kind of do it though, but I don't mean to. I mean, if I were to awake around twelve or so, it would be too late to show up at school.

Ullion
May 23rd, 2007, 06:55 PM
How do you wake up at 12? Get an alarm clark if so. And if you're too tire din the morning.. then at least go to bed earlier.

However, I have quite a funny story. One day around 2 years ago when I was in grade 8, I had sat out by the highway waiting for my bus, but it never came. I just thought that I missed it, so I decided to run to school, however I had no idea that I was still on time for my bus. So I ran all the way there, in the rain in T-shirt and shorts, cold wet and ran for like, 2 and a half miles non stop. Whew, talk about tiring. xD

Gunn
May 23rd, 2007, 07:08 PM
IF. Hypothetically, if I were to awake around twelve, mind as well not go. I'll just end up missing seventy-five percent of my classes. And people told me that I may be sleep-deprived. Can't help it.

parallelzero
May 23rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Do I skip? No. I only miss school if I have a valid reason. No offense to anyone who skips of their own free for no good reason, but I just don't see people who skip as honest people.

Amachi
May 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
Eh, I was a good boy when I was younger, and so I never skipped.

However, for the past two Thursday's I've been skipping sport. But it's just bowling, and my parents don't mind .... as long as I use the time to study XD;;;

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
May 24th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Ive skipped school a couple of times, the reasons are uknown. I know when my parents come home so I leave 10-20 minuets before they come. And I know when they leave also so thats when I come back :D

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Gyardosamped
May 24th, 2007, 03:30 AM
I've never skipped school in all my life and I would now want to either. If they catch you skipping inside the school then you'll get like to clean the whole cafeteria?? And if your not caught and want to go home there is cameras all around the school, 258 to be exact.

Drifblim
May 24th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I never have skipped school, since there would be school officers calling in to see where I am in such a case. I did come close to being forced to skip school, however, on days when the bus service wasn't running for my town.

Melody
May 24th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I have never skipped school either...and I never will...ya wanna know why?...
Because I graduated!!!! YAAAAAY!!!

Dawg 2005
May 25th, 2007, 06:05 AM
I've skipped school a few times, but I do it when I've got enough days to miss. XD

Like one time my dad took me to a Texans pre-season game, and we got back like at 12 midnight. So when he woke me up, he said, "You just wanna stay home? I am."

Of course, I did. And I didn't feel bad, since my dad's a teacher. XD

Sammi
May 25th, 2007, 06:14 AM
I don't skip school of my own free will. For three years, I didn't want to miss school. This year, my parents would kill me. I might not be up to school some days, but meh, it's not like I can skip. XD;

The only thing that might be close to skipping would be our planned Senior Skip Day, which was really "Seniors, don't come, we don't have plans for you" day. What's the fun in that?? @@;

There was an unofficial senior skip day I would've participated in, but I had a class I couldn't miss that day. Oh well.

MUSION
May 25th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I've skipped school quite a bit, not LOADS, but enough. Most of the time I could just ask my mum for a day off, with a half-decent reason, and be allowed to stay at home.

Ayano Katagiri
May 25th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I don't skip school on purpose, I've never had and probably never will.

I'm actually doing a report on truancy for English right now... xD

Raichu Guardian
May 25th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Meh, only times I would skip school would be if some random out the blue thing happened. Either a fire drill during a later part of the day or some big exam being done and my teachers just playing games and showing videos. Other than that no. =D

Dogboy2709
May 25th, 2007, 03:13 PM
No, I've NEVER cut School. Cutting School in my house/school is GUARTEED to get you in trouble i both places. My mom knows all my teachers (She's sometimes in school as a sub-aide, so i can't really take a chance)

However, i know someone who did cut one of my classes one day.

Someone in my math class cut the class on a test day. he got a 0 for the test. I was laughing in my hed at him.

Zorua
May 25th, 2007, 03:19 PM
To be completely honest here, I do sometimes skip school, at least for valid reasons. I skipped school today because I knew there was nothing to be done there since this day is Field trip day. I didn't want to waste my time being in the Building of Torture, anyhow.

Dark Magician
May 27th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Lol, you guys are so funny. Im my school skipping is nothing. Everyone skips and in not out of the ordinary and there are very few actions against it.

Ayano Katagiri
May 27th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Lol, you guys are so funny. Im my school skipping is nothing. Everyone skips and in not out of the ordinary and there are very few actions against it.

Maybe that's just your school. But truancy is widely condemned by schools.

The O Rly Owl
May 27th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I guess I could be considered a bad kid in the aspect that I skip first and some of second hour every day. That's only because I'm not passing those classes, though.
And the only reason that started was because of my lack of waking up in the morning--or rather, motivation to wake up.
I've never really been that much into school. [shrug]

Dark Magician
May 27th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Maybe that's just your school. But truancy is widely condemned by schools.

I am not saying we do not have truancy, but that we are really used to people skipping that we dont really seem to care anymore.

Inu
May 28th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Nah, not much point.
@_@
Would probably moan to my mum saying I have a bad foot.

healberry
May 29th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'll skip like one day a year, not counting the days I'm actually sick. Funny story though, as today I skipped because I didn't bring the books home with me for the weekend, so I wasn't able to do any of my homework at all. I had a lot of assignments too. So, I went to school actually, got my books, and called home sick before first period began. I didn't even get scolded for staying home, I got scolded because my mom didn't feel like driving all the way back to pick me up again. This whole day after I got back, I have been actually feeling really sick. My mind fooled my body, or something.

Tsugaru
May 29th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I would love to skip school(I can sometimes) but it is so hard to convince my parents that there is something wrong with me. I am really sick of school and would miss it if I could.

mvtm
May 29th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I ve hardly never skipped school,until i reached my senior year.. I think i prolly skipped 25 entire days in total

msdmario
June 5th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I've never skipped an entire day of school without a reason but I've skipped classes before. The only time I skip classes is when I'm exempt from taking the final exam which was the case with most of my classes. There is no point of being there because I know I won't be missing anything so I stay home instead. I've done this during the last week of school these past 2 school years.

Sure, it counts as an absent and getting 9 absents means you lose credit for a course. Then again, I have perfect attendance so missing class once won't hurt me.

Ftkatyowser
June 6th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I guess I could be considered a bad kid in the aspect that I skip first and some of second hour every day. That's only because I'm not passing those classes, though.
And the only reason that started was because of my lack of waking up in the morning--or rather, motivation to wake up.
I've never really been that much into school. [shrug]

Maybe if you did't skip them, you wouldn't be failing. 0.0

I'll admit to skipping school. I skipped 3 days in a row (sick, I swear), but then was called by the school and told that I had a midterm in two days. o.O Teachers care way too much....
Actually skipping, I skip every friday at the last month of the school year.

Sharks and Danger
June 8th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I skipped once, and that was today, because only 5 people showed up in my class (last day of school). So, I left at recess, nothing too rebellious now :P

Nashua
June 9th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I have never skipped school in my entire life. Besides, even if I did get away with it, my mother would find out.

RR☆Oresama
June 10th, 2007, 01:59 AM
I only skipped class for a few weeks-- 2 weeks and 3 days to be exact.

1) Spent time with parents.
2) Chicken Pox. ZOMG CONTAGIOUSFTW
3) Last day of School for all 5th Graders was the day on our graduation. For all others, it was the day after! YAYZORZ!

Piplup_WazUp
June 10th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Many people skip school on purpose, don't worry you're not the only one. I really don't like to chance my luck with that though so I don't.

Anacortes
June 16th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I never skipped, and do not ever intend to. The only time I slept right past the alarm, I managed to run to my first class 2 minutes before it ended: proof I wasn't skipping. Now, if that counts. xD

Richard Lynch
June 16th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Oh hell, wait until some of you guys get to college... skipping classes becomes a recreational activity. It's really a rite of passage. Eventually you realize you really know what you need to know for a class (especially if it's outside of your major), and going to it becomes a waste of time.

I don't condone it, but I do it.

But hey, I never said do what I do, I said do what I say. ;)

bmah
June 16th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Oh hell, wait until some of you guys get to college... skipping classes becomes a recreational activity. It's really a rite of passage. Eventually you realize you really know what you need to know for a class (especially if it's outside of your major), and going to it becomes a waste of time.

I don't condone it, but I do it.

But hey, I never said do what I do, I said do what I say. ;)

You've pretty much hit the nail on the spot. Skipping school/college is something I despise but there are the rare occasions in which I HAVE to (well...). In these scenarios, I find that staying home finishing something (such as an English essay) is more beneficial to me. As I said already, most profs in college -don't care- about you skipping school. However, it's a different story if you are in elementary or something (ie. teachers care about attendance).

If you are in college, it's also useful to find out what courses are easiest/hardest and least/most time consuming. Sometimes, it's better if you just skip a class in which you know the prof will lecture something you already know or have read, and spend your time on more urgent matters.

For others, they just skip for the heck of it. ;)

Randall Raichu
June 17th, 2007, 02:24 PM
skipped? Once yes. It was senior skip day. I'm no senior but alot of my friends are and they were going to the mall. So I went to. It was fun cause I backflipped off of anything besides the ground for the first time. It was about 10ft. off the ground. it was AWESOME...thats it though.

Đ a r κ
June 17th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Yes I have...alot too <_< >_>. OMG funny story; I had left to go to my bus stop (everyone else was there) and we had been waiting for an hour and the bus hadn't come. Before it reached nine, we had kept a timer on. Then when it reached nine, everyone threw ripped papper in the air (N00bs xD). Then about a minute afterwards, the bus came XD. Our dream had been crushed :P.

My mom is usually fine with me skipping as long as there is a good reason. But every now and then she'll let me skip for no reason.

Scales
June 17th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I skipped P.E a few times because of crap they were giving. But other then that nothing to serious. I mean I dont like skipping since it is very risky because you get a phone call if you do

RYOUKI
June 18th, 2007, 05:55 AM
I have skipped class only ONCE!
It was back then when I was just in first grade *flash back begins*
I was going to school while holding my head, then a school nursed passed by and said, "Are you feeling alright? Go home now and hope to feel better"
and when I came home,my parents was shocked that they grounded me for a week.*flash back ends*
It's not my fault that I skipped school though XD

Himawarii
June 18th, 2007, 06:10 AM
I've never skipped school,cause if I did,my parents would go extremely mad ._.;
I have however not gone to school for sleeping in and my parents ahd no problem with it n.n I was in 5th grade at the time.~

Angelroid
June 18th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I skipped school like 4 times in the same week, When i was in school.

Master Kwesi Nkromah
June 18th, 2007, 09:13 PM
>_< I hated High School so much..
Well I hated my second HS a lot more than the first, I actually kind-of liked my first highschool. At least I had friends there... I cut school about 3 to 4 times a week...

it's a wonder I graduated and moved on to college. >_<''''''

Akio123
June 19th, 2007, 05:03 AM
See I've only skipped this year, when I am kidnapped by my friends. Since we all have cars now, certain friends think I'm too much of a good boy, so they from time to time drag me out of school with them.

Captain Arcane
June 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Nope, I'm absent from school from one time to another like any other kid, but I never skip. Whats the point on missing school on purpis, you'd just have more mak-up work to do, plus you don't learn anything, which you would regret in your later years as an adult. So, I choose to be smart and stay in, its not like the day is never going to end.

PandaFace
June 21st, 2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah i always used to/still do skip, i do it on purpose, not miss the bus by accident though lol.

Richard Lynch
June 21st, 2007, 03:14 PM
Nope, I'm absent from school from one time to another like any other kid, but I never skip. Whats the point on missing school on purpis, you'd just have more mak-up work to do, plus you don't learn anything, which you would regret in your later years as an adult. So, I choose to be smart and stay in, its not like the day is never going to end.

In high school, skipping school isn't so much about not going to school, but moreso it's the idea that you're doing something wrong and getting away with it. Psychologically, it's in knowing that it's wrong that makes doing it so much more enjoyable, and tempting. Sure you'll have more work to make up... but you skipped school. Like snow days; you usually have to make them up, but they are the pinnacle of every high schooler's hopes during the winter.

Same thing when in school... ever noticed that because you weren't allowed to laugh, it made the urge to laugh so much more intense?

Fox♠
June 21st, 2007, 03:21 PM
It wasn;t so much a case of skipping as it was me asking if I could leave because I had either done the exam or was guaranteed a fail.

Regardless, up until the final 2 months I had 100% attendance.

kohei
June 22nd, 2007, 09:06 PM
Never skipped school unless I was sick, or had some problem.

However there was one case when I was late and forgot to sign in the school register, so my teachers thought I skipped school, even when I was standing behind one of them.