PDA

View Full Version : Neglected Pokemon...

jokestr2004
May 9th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Here's a little topic where we can talk about some older Pokemon that just dont get talked about very much anymore... that deserve some more respect... here are a few that I can think of..

Tangela - Really great grass type... not talked about much
Kangaskahn (sp?) - Really strong normal type... but so neglected I forgot how to spell it!
Magmar - Great fire type, not mentioned much
Ditto - Awesome little guy...
Porygon - Still has some fans... but it was only in one episode.. wasnt even aired here though
Rapidash - Really fast pretty horse... but pretty neglected
Tauros - Fast bull guy.. only actually starred in an episode that was banned from here...

If you know any others... or want to comment on some, go ahead,,

Simon
May 9th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Why would they ban an episode? Are the laws in America really that freaking strict? What could be so bad in Pokemon...

Iveechan
May 9th, 2004, 09:04 PM
The reason that ep was banned was a stupid one; the Safari Zone warden pointed a gun at people. Omigod, ban Looney Toons.

You don't see Diglett or Dugtrio ever. That's probably because, being perpetually bound to the ground, they are quite limited.

Frostweaver
May 9th, 2004, 09:17 PM
(game wise:)

-dugtrio does come up once in awhile... however they're so weak to quick attack they're dropping in popularity

-Tauros: appears very rarely... mostly due to lack of moves. It can learn earthquake, return and... and... what else for physical attack?

-Magmar: replaced by Blaziken pretty much...

-Rapidash: awesome stats, but it can learn 0 moves

-Tangela: grass types are rarely used, and a grass type with no movepool is used even less

-Porygon2: more powerful than you think... so darn annoying that it can be that endurable (then again, my sense of judgement in a battle is close to the worst you can get on NB)

-Ditto: completely... useless...

Chairman Kaga
May 10th, 2004, 11:36 AM
There are a lot of pokemon that nobody has ever cared about...stuff like Farfetch'd, Tauros, Tangela, Omastar, Dunsparce (best pokemon ever), Mantine, Swalot, Chimecho, Huntail/Gorebyss (even I forget about those two), and a few others that no one EVER hears about...the poor creatures at the bottom of the popularity barrel...you never see little kids with Dunsparce shirts or Chimecho lunch-boxes ;_;

Dizzy
May 10th, 2004, 11:39 AM
:( No one ever talks about my Beloved Seadra and Vulpix anymore.. nor do they with Ampharos.. or...that other thing..

Chairman Kaga
May 10th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Seadra was so awesome back in the day ;_; Seadra would still be cool to everyone if it weren't for that blasted Kingdra... *leers angrily at Kingdra*

Dizzy
May 10th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Kingdra is a Disgrace to Horsea and Seadra...It's Discolored and looked like it Smoked pot, or has been in a Sauna all Day. Plus it's stats are too High, and It's huge!

Chairman Kaga
May 10th, 2004, 02:03 PM
And on top of it all, it's just so darned hard to get! You have to have the King's Rock AND a willing trading partner, which has always been pretty hard to come by...

Lokhlan
May 10th, 2004, 10:13 PM
I remember seeing an old pokemon episode with Diglett in it... I always liked Diglett & Dugtrio.

Taz
May 11th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Beedrill...

No-one loves the bug expect for me :P

Porygon
May 11th, 2004, 10:25 AM
I wish they would give Porygon more respect especially in the game, their moveset is amazing. *sigh* I'd like to see the Anime's take on conventional [noncyberspace] Porygon battles.

Kairi
May 11th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Seadra wasnt nearly as usable in RBY as Kingdra was in GSC and RS though.

*walks out* Dont you need a dragon scale for Kingy? @_@

AJHalliwell
May 11th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Ha, you want neglected? Poliwhirl!!!
I'm lookin' around sites, and I've noticed this forever, WHY does poliwhirl get to be on everything? He's got like, a get out of jail free card! While there are all these COOL pokemon not getting anything, he seems to be hand cuffed to pikachu or something!
I personally dislike Poliwhirl.
As for other neglected pokemon. It's amazing how little the ledgendary birds were shown.

Dizzy
May 11th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Long Live the Order of Seadra! She is better than her mean Older Brother, Kingdra! Go Seadra, Go Horsea, Make The World Proud of our Success, for we are: The Capulets!

Chairman Kaga
May 11th, 2004, 12:26 PM
I get the King's Rock and Dragon Scale mixed up all the time...I am such an idiot ._.

The King of Water Pokemon
May 11th, 2004, 12:28 PM
You know who was quite neglected: Murkrow, Misdreavus, Ursaring, and Stantler. They are all good Pokemon and are quite skilled in battle. Hey, don't diss on Kingdra. Though I agree Horsea and Seadra are cool, no one can beat out a Pokemon with only one weakness and great stats.

And yes, it requires Dragon Scale to evolve, not King's Rock.

~TKoWP

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
May 11th, 2004, 06:09 PM
They neglect um...Pidgey! When do you ever see Pidgey? Okay, once in a while.

Castrainer
May 11th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Who said that Dunsparce was forgotten? Dunsparce, Chimecho, Mantine, Chinchou, Raticate, Licktung, etc... I like all of them ^^ There are people here that dont even know what is a Castform... tsk tsk...

pokeguy76
May 12th, 2004, 09:12 AM
That pokmon with the paintbrush tail( Still can't remember his name)

Chairman Kaga
May 12th, 2004, 11:35 AM
That would be Smeagol...err Smeargle...I accidentally call him that all the time XD

stewie&rupert
May 13th, 2004, 06:41 PM
who said chimechos neglected. its pretty famous around here. there a new chimecho thread each week. ekans, caterpie, weedle wen was the last time u heard of them. and the king of neglection*drum roll*......smeargle!!!.....whos he again. :P (<-joke)

Cassie-chan
May 13th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Pikachu! nope, wrong area :)

Who hears about plusle + minun? Or...Hondoom (sp)? Or most dark pokemon in general?

Iveechan
May 13th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Ok, wait a second, are we talking about teams, anime, fandom, or what? When I said Diglett/Dugtrio, I meant mainly for the fandom. You almost never see a Diglett in a fic (and NEVER on a main character's team), and not many people draw it. Guess because it's kinda boring looking. But I like Diglett.

Aedan
May 14th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Plusle and Minun are just bad copies of Pichu..

Im still a little frustrated that i couldnt catch Meowth or Persian in Ruby/Sapphire...

Corsola
May 14th, 2004, 09:45 AM
i totally agree with tangela... people dont talk much about corsola and jynx either :/ poor things

jynx
May 14th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Neh...Jynx is there quite often
But USA cuts ALL OF IT OUT!!!!!!

I gotta kill WB and "Calorie Bust@rd Weathering-food"!!

Corsola
May 14th, 2004, 10:17 AM
wow! im guessing jynx is ur fave? :D!!!!

~Ozy~
May 14th, 2004, 10:33 AM
In game, I thought that the following Pokemon never got the respect they deserved:

Farfetch'd
Tangela
Pidgey series
Hypno
Kingler
Mightyena
Solrock
Lunatone
Natu and Xatu

Porygon
May 14th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Let's not forget the masses left out in R\S

Aedan
May 15th, 2004, 12:50 AM
It seems like there is a very little selection of old pokemons in the R/S games. Is it really true that you cant complete your pokedex in it?

jynx
May 15th, 2004, 02:27 AM
wow! im guessing jynx is ur fave? :D!!!!
Yo! You're right!
I like Corsola too! :D
-----------------------
I don't understand why Corsola has such lil appearance when it is so cute!
I mean...I don't mind Jynx...you know...not good looking.
But Corsola!!!!! =.=

HiKaizer
May 16th, 2004, 12:57 AM
It seems like there is a very little selection of old pokemons in the R/S games. Is it really true that you cant complete your pokedex in it?

I think you need Fire and Leaf to finish it (All 300 whatever) but I know if you get all 200 in it you get a certificate. Yay finally we get a reward for all our hard work apart from the rating. (I wish there was an extra message if you got the promo ones too)