PDA

View Full Version : War Cries

Rumble Bee
May 10th, 2004, 09:38 AM
I was walking around in Granite Cave when I heard an Aron's cry, I thought that there was a special Aron you can catch because of this, but there isnt.
One more thing, doesnt it annoying when you are battling a rondom Magikarp or Abra and you try to run away and it doesnt let you and it ends using a pointless move like Splash or Teleport?

Fox_Die
May 10th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Isn't it annoying when people make pointless threads like this?

Winter
May 10th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Nah, you can hear random Pokemon cries all over the place. I once thought I was nuts because I kept hearing a Zigzagoon cry outside of battle. O_o

Rumble Bee
May 10th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Isnt it annoying when people put smart *** replies like the one Lt. Surge just made?

Fox_Die
May 10th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Ok, then tell me, what is the point of this thread!

Mr Cat Dog
May 10th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Hey, hey! Don't argue, we're tryinig to have a peaceful discussion here. Anyways, the point of this thread is to ask if you get annoyed when you can't escape from weak Pokemon such as Magikarp. Personally, I do find this quite annoying, but since this is only at the beginning of the game, I don't get really worked up about it...

~ MCD

Fox_Die
May 10th, 2004, 10:16 AM
yah whatever, this is still a pointless thread

Intuition
May 10th, 2004, 11:29 AM
I hear those cries all the time.. it only means you can catch that pokemon there.. And maybe next time this should be in simple questions.. :\

Frostweaver
May 10th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Lt. Surge and Rumble Bee, both of you be nice...

Rumble bee just wants to know more about what he's hearing. It doesn't take much time to answer a simple question, is it? And how's this pointless? He simply wants some explanations on what he has observed in the game.

Watch your language, or one step into Ruby/Sapphire with an attitude like that, and I'll crush you.

Iveechan
May 10th, 2004, 09:15 PM
The reason why Magikarp and Abra are difficult to run away from is because of their high speed (yes, believe it or not, a flopping fish is fast). Usually if a wild Pokemon has a higher speed than yours, it will be difficult to run away from.

The random cries in the wild surprised me too at first. I guess they thought it would add a neat atmosphere to the games.

Rumble Bee
May 11th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Sorry about the language kids. But still, nobody said Lt.Surge HAD to read this thread.
I just barely joined this site and I wanted to see what it is like to post a new thread. Did Frostweaver say he will crush me?

Shinin
May 11th, 2004, 10:06 AM
yeah Lt. Surge if u think this is pointless than dont reply

and the cries are there to be cool

TeamRocket
May 11th, 2004, 10:15 AM
This is a cool feature that you can take advantage if you know your pokemon cries.

VanirElf
May 14th, 2004, 08:09 AM
seriuosly that's all it means?

I thought I was going nuts , 'cuz I kept hearing them too in different areas

never knew what it was though...LMAO oh well