PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Web Browser!?

Tapioca
June 12th, 2007, 07:41 AM
This is the best thing since double slotted toasters!

Check it out here: http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=ZRIHM-K7C6pLPkN--ZjWFInT-vIEngbV

It says that as long as you have wifi or wireless internet, you can access the internet without having to look at the computer and wreck your eyesight as mush as I already have! OH it's a dream come true for me!

Forci Stikane
June 12th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Yes, those are the upsides. However, the downside is that it apparently lacks java/flash support, so a lot of things don't work on it. I'm not sure if I'll be getting it. Probably not, though.

Esupio
June 12th, 2007, 12:34 PM
It's slow loading with any page with pictures
no Java/ Flash support
some buttons don't work (appearntly the hotmail sign in button doesn't)

Its not all that great

Tapioca
June 12th, 2007, 06:52 PM
It's slow loading with any page with pictures
no Java/ Flash support
some buttons don't work (appearntly the hotmail sign in button doesn't)

Its not all that great

I'm fine with it being slow. I'm grounded and don't get on much, so checking my myspace when needed will be well worth the wait.

Melody
June 12th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Heh...I have it....It works on PC! YAY!
Yeah so when I'm using my DS browser I put '-@DS' at the end of my post XD

Eon-Rider
June 13th, 2007, 12:33 AM
I've known this for over 8 months now... O_o

I wish there was a non-lite version.

Forci Stikane
June 13th, 2007, 05:38 AM
I've known this for over 8 months now... O_o

I wish there was a non-lite version.

There is, but it's from Nintendo.com only.

Tapioca
June 13th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Gosh darn it, I rode my bike two miles today to but it, and they were out of stock in BOTH stores I went to ¬¬

RangerLunick
June 15th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Ive heard its too simple to be worth the £30 it costs (not sure how much that is in dollars)

wakachamo
June 15th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Plus the keyboard and handwriting recognition are actually comparable to dog poop itself. For 30 bucks, it's not worth it, especially considering its short memory size and 56k-like loading speed.

Ausaudriel
June 15th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Yuck. >_<

Why would anybody choose to browse the internet on their DS instead of their computer? I could see how it would be nice if you were walking around and happened upon an open network, or were at some hot-spot like McDonalds or something, but apart from that it seems pretty useless to me.

Well, with the few exceptions like Chikara's case, but that's still pretty seldom.