PDA

View Full Version : Ash's Father

Caleb290
June 12th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I want to know who ash's father really is but I found this

The identity of his father has remained unknown. One reference to him exists in the anime. During a phone conversation between Ash and his mother in the second episode,[9] she states to her amazement that he got from Pallet Town to Viridian City in one day. "It took your father four days to get there when he started Pokémon training", she says, "He'll be so proud!". A line from the play, Pokémon Live!, suggests that Delia, at one time, had a relationship with the leader of Team Rocket, Giovanni when she was a teenager, but in the anime, no evidence of Giovanni being Ash's father has been shown currently.

could Giovanni really be ash's father? it would be funny to have an episode were ash fights Giovanni and then hes like you killed my father and then he like no ash I AM your father and ash is all NOOOOO!!! ROFL

Erimgard
June 13th, 2007, 11:01 AM
hahha I doubt they would do that, but I would not doubt in the least bit that it could be true. I've thought for a long time that it was a possiblity

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 13th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I doubt it also. But thats a question probabaly we will never find out. Some people say that Ash's father is dead. I think that Ash's father is a ordinary guy in the streets

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

ChrisG14
June 13th, 2007, 02:02 PM
People always say it's Gio or Professor Oak. Then there's the "theory" that Ho-Oh is Ash's dad or other stupid stuff like that. But I go with my gut, Professor Oak for the win.

Abyss
June 13th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I doubt it also. But thats a question probabaly we will never find out. Some people say that Ash's father is dead. I think that Ash's father is a ordinary guy in the streets

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

I agree, I don't really think it matters though. :l

Charaxes
June 13th, 2007, 03:09 PM
While it may be somewhat amusing (to me, kinda), I agree with everyone else, and I'll give the offending member a good warning, since we're an all-ages group.

Do knock that off, hm?

Aisu K.
June 13th, 2007, 03:33 PM
People always say it's Gio or Professor Oak. Then there's the "theory" that Ho-Oh is Ash's dad or other stupid stuff like that. But I go with my gut, Professor Oak for the win.

If Oak was Ash's father, that would make him either Gary's dad, or uncle @_@ I find that somewhat... disturbing...

ChrisG14
June 13th, 2007, 04:50 PM
If Oak was Ash's father, that would make him either Gary's dad, or uncle @_@ I find that somewhat... disturbing...

Gary would be Ash's nephew, that's right. I think Oak and "Mrs." Ketchem seemingly "bump" into each other waaaaay toooo muuuuuch for there not to be something going on.

Melody
June 13th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Maybe Ash just hasnt bumped into his father yet....Maybe....just maybe he'll bump into him during this season (D/P) and you cant say he wont unless they are already finished airing the entire season in japan...Which I doubt has happened....

RYOUKI
June 16th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Ash's father....I think has been passed away before Ash was 5 or 6 or 2,
but I doubt that Giovanni is Ash's father...the manga says Silver is...but that is just the manga...

destinedjagold
June 16th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Well, however Ash's father is, I sure wish I wont miss that episode!

Scales
June 16th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I think Ash was like Jesus and didn't have a father. Maybe Ash thought he had a father and his mom just lied about it to comfort him. That would explain why Ash was the "Chosen one" In the second movie and how everything keeps revolving around him

Rivvon
June 16th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Considering how this is the anime, whatever happens in the games would probably have no effect, but still...

In all the games except the Advanced gen, your character has no father. In the Color gen, your character, Red (who Ash is based off of) never mentions having a father. Oak makes it really obvious that Gary/Green is his grandson, but shows no hints of being related to Red.

Lots of people think that Giovanni could be Ash's father, but in the games it's hinted at a LOT that Silver from the Metal gen is his son.

But then again, Ash's dad could really be anyone. Maybe they'll never show him, and just forget about it like they did with the GS Ball...

Gunn
June 16th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Ash's father will probably never appear at all. It has always been like that in anime.

"It took your father four days to get there when he started Pokémon training", she says, "He'll be so proud!"

"He'll" is the contraction for "he will" and it's in the future tense. Chances that Ash's father is alive.

sanjay120
June 17th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Oh, but that's the English version. Which can't always be believed in terms of canon facts, especially with random sentances that have no role in the plot line.

And in Live!, Deliah specifically stated that while she used to date Gio, someone else was Ash's father. But Live! is its own canon.

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune
June 17th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Lots of people think that Giovanni could be Ash's father, but in the games it's hinted at a LOT that Silver from the Metal gen is his son.
Huh? I think I'm missing somthing here... Since when did the games hint that Silver was Giovanni's son? (hope I'm getting your sentence straight.)

Anyways, I always had an odd feeling that Giovanni was Ash's father, but I tend not to listen to my instincts.

My conclusions was because both Ash and Giovanni have black hair, but that has a huge hole in its testimony. (for goodness sakes, so do Brock, Bruno and- Hmmmmm... Bruno... both black AND spikey hair... ANOTHER CONCLUSION MADE--*TANKED*)

And also, (forgive if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure I heard it before...), I think Ash's mum did mention his father being a rotten apple or somthing like that, and as we all know, Team Rocket is pretty rotten. But I'm not even sure, so just ignore me.... ^^;

Scales
June 17th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Huh? I think I'm missing somthing here... Since when did the games hint that Silver was Giovanni's son?

The only time ive heard it is in firered when you go to the islands and go through this lab. After you defeat this scientist he thinks you are Giovanni's son. However then he corrects himself and says that Giovanni's son has red hair. Silver undoubtably has red hair.

Plus I think in some pokemon manga Silver was hinted as Giovanni's son

KKN
June 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM
....I know who his father is.

Interested? Take a look:
http://www.gamebrink.com/images/pokemon%20interview_files/image001.gif

Innagadadavida
June 18th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I read on Bulbapedia that the manga says rival from Gold and Silver was Geovani's son. Is the rival supposed to be Silver?

innuendo
August 22nd, 2007, 02:02 PM
It's possible then Gio is Ash father.
When Deliah dated with Giovanni... Who knows.

Scarlet Weather
August 22nd, 2007, 02:33 PM
*Sighs*

Pokemon Live! Isn't canon since it was not written in Japan, therefore any and all statements from it are inconclusive. Giovanni probably isn't Ash's father.

(JBC, for the record, Jesus is God's Son, so yes, he does have a father. Just, not a human biological one.)

Actually, Ash's father might be completely unrelated to the show at this point. He doesn't necessarily have to be a character that's already been introduced, after all. Maybe he'll show up for the series finale? :/

Sweet Candace
August 22nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
Just like Dawn's father, it's a character, that is not needed and would probably mess up the delicate balance of the Pokemon anime

innuendo
August 22nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
I know that is Poke Live! But in my opinion Giovanni IS father of Ash ;)

shedinjask
August 23rd, 2007, 03:44 AM
I read on Bulbapedia that the manga says rival from Gold and Silver was Geovani's son. Is the rival supposed to be Silver?

Yes, the rival is Silver. Also, lol @ KougaWolf.

zooyorkskater
August 23rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
like someone a;ready said. oak cannot be his father, but im gonna say a diffremt reason, in fire red, oak says, ( you guys were rivals since you were both babies" reffering to gary, but it my be diffrent in the show

shedinjask
August 24th, 2007, 04:50 AM
How does that prove Oak isn't Ash's father?

Sweet Candace
August 24th, 2007, 05:06 AM
We don't know, and frankly, why should we care ? I mean, we don't need to know everything about the anime. So what we don't know who Ash's father is ? We don't need to care !

shedinjask
August 25th, 2007, 03:15 AM
It's fun to wonder. No one is forcing you to join us.

AnimeDDR110
August 25th, 2007, 06:22 AM
it would be interesting if giavonni was ash's father. that will lead to the next question: Will ash follow in the footsteps of his dad and become the new leader of team rocket?

Scarlet Weather
August 25th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Doubt it. Giovanni doesn't actually figure much in the series outside of boss fantasies, and even the writing staff of Pokemon wouldn't be so insane as to start randomly throwing a plot twist like that in there. And Ash doesn't seem to care all that much about his father, so even if Giovanni did turn out to be his Dad, Ash would probably turn down any offers. (I'd also like to point out that Giovanni has never asked about Ash or even remotely hinted that Ash is his son.)

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 26th, 2007, 12:15 PM
lets just say that would b VERY strange.

Sweet Candace
August 26th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Just imagine, if Ash became the Team Rocket leader, that would be creepy

innuendo
August 26th, 2007, 02:46 PM
But, why not? If Gio is Ash's father in my opinion Ash will not be a new boss of TR. Because he has different character.

shedinjask
August 26th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Ash would screw over TR so badly it's not even funny.

amatsu109728
September 8th, 2007, 08:44 PM
i really doubt gio is ash's father cuz in mewtwo returns ash was talking to gio if gio was accually his father don't you think gio would've held back a little?

zacharias
September 9th, 2007, 12:38 PM
much like starwar-.-" hate to see that :P

GOPgabe
September 10th, 2007, 02:14 PM
....I know who his father is.

Interested? Take a look:
http://www.gamebrink.com/images/pokemon%20interview_files/image001.gif

Ownage to all theories

It's possible then Gio is Ash father.
When Deliah dated with Giovanni... Who knows.

Butt-smecks?

shedinjask
September 11th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Haha, that is ownage. You cannot deny it. xD

Katalyst
September 11th, 2007, 06:06 AM
I think it is Giovanni too. That's the suspect #1 in many Pokémon websites.

Bathing Ape
September 11th, 2007, 06:21 PM
I agree with the comment about Giovanni in Mewtwo returns

It would be very likely that Ash's father isn't a bad guy

Think about it logically, if the only mention of him in the series refers to his father being proud of him for his achievement, it would lead anyone to think his father was a trainer like him

Maybe it would be someone who runs a league somewhere that hasn't been touched on yet?

MyNameMeansForest
September 16th, 2007, 02:55 PM
This subject has been discussed so many times in other message boards, but I'll offer every single thing I know on this subject.

If any of you watched the original season ever (I have episodes 1 to Sabrina on VHS from when I was little), in one of the first episodes, Delilah (or Delia, who cares what her name is?) says something like, "It took your father four days to reach Viridian City, he'll be proud." Ash doesn't seem to care about this remark about his father, he's too busy being bummed out about what a bad rookie trainer he is. From then on, nothing except for the Pokemon Live thing.

In the Pokemon Live or whatever, Delilah reveals her past. She was part of the bad crowd and Gio's old girlfriend. Then she met Ash's dad and went straight. That's all. Doesn't show his face or reveal his name or anything.

In the games, it is hinted that Silver is Gio's son. (By the guy on that island in FR/LG.) In the manga, Silver is Gio's son. (Silver gets turned into stone at the end by the way.)

Ash's father was supposed to be revealed or at least hinted at during the Hoehnn reigon, but the producers decided to cut it or whatever. So his dad still remains a mystery. It could be Gio, I guess. Even if he was, he might not know. If he does know, he might be ashamed that his own son was a snot nosed loser who could never properly take over TR(his view, not mine). What I think was supposed to happen was that Ash's dad was supposed to be this super powerful trainer who works away from home or disappeared, and that he was supposed to revealed sooner (if at all) but then Pokemon got popular and the producers started dragging everything out and putting it off until the Pokemon anime drastically changed so the original plot would look bad.