PDA

View Full Version : When are they going to run out of ideas?

pokeguy76
May 12th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Pocket monsters are based upon reall live creatures.
But what happens when the creatures you can mimic are up???

AJHalliwell
May 12th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Then they make completely strange and weird things up. Or they stop making new types, and work with what they got some more. Increase the evolvements? Or make it so all the stones work on every pokemon. Ie: "Stone Series" - A grass type pikachu evolvment.
haha! I might have a reason to like pikachu then!

Chairman Kaga
May 12th, 2004, 11:50 AM
I doubt they could ever run out of monster ideas...the creativity of these designers is just too vast to ever run out. The only way pokemon is ever going to die is through lack of popularity...I predict it's going to be dead around 2010 or so, but lack of monster ideas/types/storylines is never going to be a problem.

Purple Insanity
May 12th, 2004, 11:54 AM
When are they going to run out of ideas? Hmm. Riiiight aaaaabout...

Now. Well, not now now, but you get my point, right? They probably wont come out with anymore ideas. I mean, there arent any left. There's like, many rats and mouses already, birds, etc. What will they have for the next idea? A UFO?

Iveechan
May 12th, 2004, 12:37 PM
They will never run out of ideas. There's still several creatures they haven't used yet, plus they can always turn to extinct creatures. They could even repeat species but make it totally different, like another horse that's a different element type. Pokemon are also based on plants and objects (Chimecha, Magnemite), and some of them don't really look like anything (Nidoking, Alakazam).

Mew13
May 12th, 2004, 05:06 PM
I don't think it's possible to run out of ideas! There are many things out there that the Pokeworld hasn't copied yet. And, if need be, they'll just come up with something so far out there that it'll be cool.

jynx
May 14th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Ruby and Sapphire generation is already very "crab" =.=

Porygon
May 14th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Heh. Even I've thought up of some wacky Pokmon if I can do it, anyone who's hired for creativity can do it for years to come .^

Ryoutarou
May 14th, 2004, 12:29 PM
all the pokemon are allready made up all 1171 are drawn allready it just depends on how often they are going to be released.

Berkut Nightwolf
May 14th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I don't know...When you look at it, you tend to wonder if they have totally run out of ideas. I mean, Nosepass? What in the world...

Frostweaver
May 14th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Nosepass is based on those historical monuments that I forgot the name of... another japanese anime when i watched in Hong Kong (with TERRIBLE dubbings) also has heavy references to these statues.

Yes when GSC is going to be made, they make over 1000 Pokemon already like what Blue said. They're just choosing them and deciding when to release them (however, I hope that they can either do a better job in picking, or many of those 1k Pokemon are crap... Plusle and Minun? Can I say trying to copy their own creation called "Pikachu?")

Kayleigh
May 14th, 2004, 04:13 PM
all the pokemon are allready made up all 1171 are drawn allready it just depends on how often they are going to be released.
You mean that there are actually going to be 1,171 Pokmon by the time the series is over? O_O Whoa. Well, I guess that tells us that it's going to be a long time before it's all over. I'm glad about that; I don't want Pokmon to ever end.

And well, I agree with what all everyone else has said. I don't think that it is possible for them to run out of ideas, if they are basing their creature on real-life animals and objects.

I'm still waiting for a dolphin Pokmon, lol. ^_^; I hope that they are going to have one, and it better not be ugly.

Blitz~2005
May 14th, 2004, 04:22 PM
i think if they keep puting out pokemon 100-200 at a time it might get a bit boting but then again whenever new pokemon come out pokemon bcomes more popular but i dont think they could ever run out eather even after the 1,171 pokemon they will think up more and i think they should make moore fosil type pokemon

Corsola
May 14th, 2004, 04:43 PM
yeah,.... theyre gonna make some really odd looking things by mixing real animals up... they even did it with coconuts XD!!!!..... what animals are hitmonlee and chan anyways o_0

jynx
May 15th, 2004, 02:34 AM
My information says 805! o_O|||
Where did you get that information?

icer
May 15th, 2004, 03:08 AM
With 1.5 million known species on Earth and ~10 million unknown species, they're not going to run out for some time...

HiKaizer
May 15th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Indeed....

But then again they can probably just think up baby forms for everything....

jynx
May 15th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Maybe grannies will be the next!
XDDD

Purin
May 15th, 2004, 06:39 AM
I think Pokemon is starting to become more like Digimon, with all the new additions and a new region called Gonbe...

jynx
May 15th, 2004, 06:42 AM
No! Digimon looks more complicated!
Besides, I don't mind if it looks like Digimon,
because---DIGIMON HAS STOPPED PRODUCING CARTOONS AND GAMES!
Right! Its perishing, so Pokemon can just eat up everything of it!

Purple Insanity
May 15th, 2004, 06:44 AM
You mean that there are actually going to be 1,171 Pokmon by the time the series is over? O_O Whoa. Well, I guess that tells us that it's going to be a long time before it's all over. I'm glad about that; I don't want Pokmon to ever end.

And well, I agree with what all everyone else has said. I don't think that it is possible for them to run out of ideas, if they are basing their creature on real-life animals and objects.

I'm still waiting for a dolphin Pokmon, lol. ^_^; I hope that they are going to have one, and it better not be ugly. ]

Actually, there is a dolphin Pokemon. ;D It's Gorebyss.

Purin is right. Pokemon is starting to become more like Digimon. Too many creatures :\ 386 is enough for me.

Intuition
May 15th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Don't think that's much of a dolphin.. But I don't think you can run out of ideas, just let kids do the creating of new pokemon and voila! with their fantasy you will have a great army of new pokemon! ;)

jynx
May 15th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Gorebyss is DEFINATELY NOT a dolphin, man!
Dolphin's dorsal fin does not look like that! Besides, Gorebyss's (<--wow, 3s together)tail is not the same direction with a dolphin. Gorebyss is a fish, regardless what ever fish it is!

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
May 15th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I believe Nosepass is like Stonehendge or something.

Iveechan
May 15th, 2004, 10:08 PM
To answer the earlier question about the hitmon, people have said that hitmonlee looks like he's cloaked. Reminds me or a ninja myself. Hitmonchan reminds me of an anthro dinosaurian, non-mammalian but warm-blooded. And there's no way Gorebyss is a dolphin.

HiKaizer
May 16th, 2004, 12:36 AM
I agree, besides its mean! It sucks out body fluids (ouch thats gotta hurt!)

And I wasn't aware stonehenge was a nose, Nosepass reminds me of the final level in Tyrian...

icer
May 16th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Nosepass is an Easter Island Statue.
Both Huntail and Gorebyss are those extreme deep sea fish.

jynx
May 17th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Sounds correct to me.
Although I don't think that those 2 fish are deep sea ones.

Purin
May 17th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Nosepass is an Easter Island Statue.
Both Huntail and Gorebyss are those extreme deep sea fish.
Right *nods*
btw I can't stand the glow of Ninetales' glare on your avatar *Purin is frozened for a few seconds*

HiKaizer
May 17th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Yay! Correctness, Nosepass is indeed from easter island! (Bottles Sarcasm)

Maybe Nintendo could do some Pokmon that come only from special breeding combinations (Like rumors of Pikablu etc... only not so blatantly unoriginal) that would be cool!

Purin
May 18th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Maybe Nintendo could do some Pokmon that come only from special breeding combinations (Like rumors of Pikablu etc... only not so blatantly unoriginal) that would be cool!
Hm...that will be copying a game which came out even earlier than Pokemon, called Dragon Warrior Monsters. I'm also a fan of that game XD
They have a lot of classes and special breeding combinations. Such as two Metabbles will give a MetalKing and Two MetalKings a GoldSlime.
Maybe I misinterpreted your idea =P

jynx
May 18th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Yay! Correctness, Nosepass is indeed from easter island! (Bottles Sarcasm)

Where did all of you get this information though?

Purin
May 18th, 2004, 01:33 AM
I think that was his idea (second part), and sarcasm on me about the nosepass (first part) =P

jynx
May 18th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Ah...
It really looks like those statues on Easter Islands though :P