PDA

View Full Version : If no one is reviewing, should I continue.

CodyJ
June 17th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I am writing a story in the Fanfiction section right now, called Being Bobby but I've only recieved one review for three chapters that I have written. I was wondering if I should stop writing if I don't get any reviews or not. It's been viewed over 50 times but no one seems to be reviewing.

What do I do?

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
June 17th, 2007, 08:04 PM
It's your choice to give up or not. That's all it's about, really.

Giving reviews might turn out to be as stressing as waiting for them. Be patient, i'm sure you'll eventually get some. Will backing off help you in any way?

CodyJ
June 17th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Good point. Thanks for the input! It is much appreciated.

Gummy
June 18th, 2007, 05:11 AM
And if you want reviews the way I did, go post your fic on a website that has a more active fanfic section (Serebii, for instance). I don't really look for reviews here anymore (expect from Hanako of course :))

CodyJ
June 18th, 2007, 05:47 AM
Sweet. I actually just got done doing that. But thanks anyways.

Dr. Mack Foxx
June 18th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah, Serebii Forums has a very active fan-fiction section, indeed. Just be wary. Quite a few of the users there are rough and merciless with thier critisim. Still, I would suggest you try your story there, either that, or branch out to places like DevaintArt or Fanfiction.net. I've had much more success with my own series on DeviantArt. Smething to consider. I'll be sure to check out your story myself. Good luck!

CodyJ
June 19th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Why thank you! I think that I have decided just to suck it up and keep on going with it. Thanks everyone for your help and advice!