PDA

View Full Version : New 4th Generation Pokemon

DeathChill
May 14th, 2004, 06:31 AM
The new 4th generation Pokemon has been revealed in CoroCoro so I just thought I'd let you all know and link you up with pictures (All due credit to SPP on this one)
http://serebii.net/movies/deoxys/gombe.gif

It's name is Gonbe or Gombe and it is supposed to be related to Snorlax, most-obviously a pre-evolution of Snorlax~

Evil Togepi
May 14th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Yeah it defiantly looks like a pre-evolution Snorlax, well this certainly is intresting ^^ Looks like we may very well be having more Pokmon to come in the passing times then X3 YAY! It's gonna be hard to keep up with them all at this rate *lol*

MegaLightBlaze
May 14th, 2004, 07:06 AM
COool. Yup, that pre-snorlax alright!

Aedan
May 14th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Thats an ugly pokemon. I hate the colours. Sorry :s

Serebii
May 14th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Could you please not directly link to my pictures

Ryoutarou
May 14th, 2004, 12:19 PM
just photobucket it wow that doesd look good...man i wish my issue of corocoro got here allreadY! Still maybe from here we can picture what the new line will be?

Porygon
May 14th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Hmmm this could be verrrrrrrry interesting

Purple Insanity
May 14th, 2004, 12:27 PM
*slaps herself and the makers of Pokemon* What kind of stupid idiots are they? What kind of stupid idiot am i? *curses her head off and so with everyone else's* I dont think it's a good idea, i really dont. There's ENOUGH Pokemon if you me. Aslong as they make another -eon ATLEAST named 'Leafeon' cause i'm sick of seeing it, i'll be happy with the idea.

x.x Okies, done ranting. Well, i wouldnt know if this was going to make Pokemon more popular or not because you really never know...IMO, i dont think it will. Pokemon almost died before R/S came along, so i dont know. It's not really a good idea. It may just be all pre-evolutions and some other stupid-looking Pokemon like the above.

Ryoutarou
May 14th, 2004, 12:30 PM
I doubt it this is just one of the few that will be released this year and since there are 1171 pokemon it'll be a while before they are all done.

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
May 14th, 2004, 12:35 PM
I want more new pok pics! That thing, Goober, or what, looks fugly, but at least we know there will be x4 Pokmon.

BTW Blue, how do you know there will be 1171 Pokemon?

Ryoutarou
May 14th, 2004, 12:43 PM
a innterveiw with the creator last year said that he planned 1171 pokemon from the get go and that all 1171 will be released.

Chairman Kaga
May 14th, 2004, 01:01 PM
*gaspsesses*

Gonbe's not all that awesome, but I have been hoping for some time for a pre-evo of Snorlax for a long time...I hope they release more pics soon.

Oddly enough, I'm not feeling all that excited...I have an odd feeling that the 4th gen pokemon will be introduced on the DS instead of the gameboy o_O

Pogiforce-14
May 14th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Course thje DS is cool too. personally I can't wait.

jj984jj
May 14th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I do wish they had kept back 4th gen a bit longer and break the patter they usually make but, what's done is done I guess. Especially with then developing some other major titles for the DS already, now this will surely bring a pokemon game for the DS guessing for summer 2005. I want quality not quantity though.

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
May 14th, 2004, 02:55 PM
1171 is a lot. WHat, like 10 more games. (probably worng...I got a d in math.)

stewie&rupert
May 14th, 2004, 03:01 PM
dont forget wat this means:
another set of starters
another set of "neglected" pokemon :)
another set of legendary trio
another rare promo pkmn(mew, celebii, jirachi)
two legends in constant battle(mew,mewtwo, lugia,Ho-Oh, kyogre,groudon)
another game
and worst of all, 30$ down da drain. :laugh:

well this aint gonna be fun. :\:disappoin:'(

AJHalliwell
May 14th, 2004, 05:02 PM
hm- I wonder what the people in the pokemon think, when all the pokemon they've come to nkow and love, suddenly make different babies?
"Honey! Snorlax's egg hateched- but, wwe're not sure what it is?"
Haha, I want more pics though!
I think it'll be okay ~ as long as they have lots of cool new features. 1,700+, WOW. Ya know, by then, they'll have the technology to have ALL those pokemon on one game. THAT- will be the coolest.

Arcanine
May 14th, 2004, 05:13 PM
1171 Pokemon? Nah, the number is not even. I mean why not 1,000 or 1,200?
Well it will be some time till the new games come out. I mean F/L came out not that long ago and is not even out in the US so it will be some time till the new Pokemon comes out (first they will make a movie with a few of them).

Blitz~2005
May 14th, 2004, 05:18 PM
it looks cool but i dont think the 4th series of pokemon will be out very soon b coz we saw togapi way b4 the 2nd series of pkmn came out

Jeremy
May 14th, 2004, 05:39 PM
My opinion on new Pokmon:
w00t! I love to see new Pokmon, I mean, it kinda makes being a true master longer, and harder doesn't? *Wonders if there's gona be another Pikachu look-a-like. ^_^*

Pogiforce-14
May 14th, 2004, 05:45 PM
1171 means at least another 12 years. This means that I'll be almost thirty before it starts waining, hurray!

Latios Master
May 14th, 2004, 06:21 PM
I just saw this new Pokemon on serebii.net just a second ago. I didn't expect it to be released this early. They must be having a hard time coming up with new Pokemon, because this Gonbe is the stupidest thing that I have ever seen... >_<

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
May 14th, 2004, 06:49 PM
I agree with latios master. The Pokmon are losing their quality and originality, and now that look like chewed up pieced of cat food.

In-Trance
May 14th, 2004, 07:20 PM
It is Rather Ugly, I wonder what other pokemon they're making, They better make a Grass Evolution for Eevee, or else ^^;;

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
May 14th, 2004, 07:38 PM
I bet it's not even baby snorlaz. Like evryone thought torkoal was what Magcargo evovled into. HA!. Those 'Tendo tricksters!

Jess
May 14th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Yes, well I think the Pokemon is scary..XD it eats GARBAGE *dies*. That`s just plain nasty

jj984jj
May 14th, 2004, 10:03 PM
And worst of all, I think this is a pokemon that is suppost to be cute to be featured in the short movie 7, w/e it is going to be..... cute........

Serebii
May 14th, 2004, 10:59 PM
There is no short movie with the 7th...it appears in the actual movie

Jess
May 14th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Yes with the poster of Plusle & Minum it might have caused some Confusion.But The Plusle and Minum are Tooi`s so it obvious there is no mini movie, Yet they will be in the movie

Aedan
May 15th, 2004, 12:32 AM
I'll always buy pokemon games, because theyre good entertainment, but im feeling that the creators are loosing their touch. Many of the new pokemons in R/S didnt have as much personality as the ones in the older games.. Pokemon are beginning to look more like digimon (meaning that pokemons slowly begins to look more like dustballs with eyes instead of animals).

Chairman Kaga
May 15th, 2004, 08:16 AM
I agree that pokemon are becoming more un-pokemonish, especially after seeing Gonbe...it just doesn't have the charm that many of the first and second generation had, and since the third generation was just mediocre I'm really concerned with the 4th...they need to get back to basics: simple but likable creatures, not some of the incredibly far-out stuff they've been making (although there are a lot of pokemon I do like from the third generation...the crappy ones were worth it just to see Absol, Aggron, Rayquaza, Chimecho, Metagross, and a few others...) who knows? This is just one pokemon out of at least a hundred more that will be introduced...when they first started showing the 2nd-generation pokemon, I really didn't care for Togepi, Snubbull, and Marill, but then along came so many more awesome ones...I just can't base my opinion of the upcoming generation on just one pokemon. We'll have to wait and see.

HiKaizer
May 16th, 2004, 12:48 AM
I thought some of the ones in Ru/Sa were original! (Bagon is sooooo cool)

But I must agree frankly it is disturbing this Gonbe, but for some reason it makes me think of the Samurai Pizza Cats @_@

Duke R
May 16th, 2004, 12:56 AM
I disagree, some pokmon from 2nd generation were a little odd, in 3rd generation almost every pokmon looked like a Digimon, but Gonbe is most like the 1st generation... I think...

Aedan
May 16th, 2004, 02:11 AM
While bagon is cool, salamence looks like it have been made in plastic. It has no detail at all :(

AJHalliwell
May 16th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Lol, Everytime I see this thing its spelled differently. Whats the correct spelling? And will we be seeing any more new ones in the future; that'd be nice.
And, a logical look at Starters: "Grass, Fire, Water" always! (and an electric,)
Grass was reptile, mammel, reptile. Fire was reptile, mammel, bird. Water, has always been a reptile (mudkip, what is he?) It might be 2/3. It'd be nice to see some original ideas this time around!
A bird/Plant, that'd be intresting! But i foresee a cat-like-pokemon as a starter this time. A fire type maybe...

Dizzy
May 16th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Lol, Everytime I see this thing its spelled differently. Whats the correct spelling? And will we be seeing any more new ones in the future; that'd be nice.
And, a logical look at Starters: "Grass, Fire, Water" always! (and an electric,)
Grass was reptile, mammel, reptile. Fire was reptile, mammel, bird. Water, has always been a reptile (mudkip, what is he?) It might be 2/3. It'd be nice to see some original ideas this time around!
A bird/Plant, that'd be intresting! But i foresee a cat-like-pokemon as a starter this time. A fire type maybe...

Chicorita was no where near Mammal, it was like a live plant, but from what I saw, it doesnt resemble any creature that walks the Earth, and Mudkip and Friends were Fishes (Mud Fishes)

DeathChill
May 16th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Chicorita was no where near Mammal, it was like a live plant, but from what I saw, it doesnt resemble any creature that walks the Earth, and Mudkip and Friends were Fishes (Mud Fishes)
Mudkip looks like a salamander larvae/water-dwelling sub-division of salamanders (mudpuppies). I'd assume that is what Mudkip is based off of as Mudkip doesn't really resemble a fish all that much.

Picture for reference:
http://herpcenter.ipfw.edu/outreach/accounts/amphibians/salamanders/Mudpuppy_Waterdog/Mudpuppy.jpg

Scyther5
May 16th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Awsome! I hope they start revealing more info. W00t we get to go through that same feeling while waiting for each new generation to come out!

Shinin
May 16th, 2004, 03:44 PM
gonde eat a lot as gonde and evolve into fat and lazy snorlax because of all the food they eat. Yeah, some of the 3rd gen pkmn kinda look like digimon. the coolest pkmn were the 1st and 2nd gen, and maybe the 4th gen... and gonbe does look like 1st gen.
GONBE ROCK!

Geometric-sama
May 16th, 2004, 05:15 PM
It's so cute!!!! I love it, I just saw it and thought "Snorlax". And I'm a big Snorlax fan, so there you go ^^

Kairi
May 16th, 2004, 05:45 PM
I just hope it adds to the actual battling in some way, even if its a new move for Snorlax. Other than that, bring on a new generation! Wonder if theyve had enough time to study the flaws of the current one though

Timbjerr
May 16th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Awsome! I hope they start revealing more info. W00t we get to go through that same feeling while waiting for each new generation to come out!
you know what feeling I get everytime I wait for a new generation to come out? It's kinda like that "why the heck are they adding 100 or so new pokmon to crappy up the game, they really should quit while they're ahead" feeling

Geometric-sama
May 16th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Well, didn't I see somewhere that Satoshi Tajiri has several hundred more he wants to roll out into games and Anime?

Timbjerr
May 17th, 2004, 02:14 AM
Well, didn't I see somewhere that Satoshi Tajiri has several hundred more he wants to roll out into games and Anime?
yeah...aparently, he had well over 1000 designed before Red and Green were even released in Japan

The Kraig
May 17th, 2004, 06:26 AM
If it isn't a Snorlax pre-evo, it's pretty poor. If it is, then what were you expecting? Snorlax looks dopey, so obviously a baby version will look even dafter. :p

Ryoutarou
May 17th, 2004, 07:26 AM
yeah...aparently, he had well over 1000 designed before Red and Green were even released in Japan
1171 to be correct he has allready got them all planed out so pokemon will be out for another 15 or so years.

Chairman Kaga
May 17th, 2004, 11:45 AM
I thought some of the ones in Ru/Sa were original! (Bagon is sooooo cool)

But I must agree frankly it is disturbing this Gonbe, but for some reason it makes me think of the Samurai Pizza Cats @_@

Samurai Pizza Cats... *implodes*

I forgot about that show...now I'm going to have night terrors for the next week... x_x

jynx
May 17th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Gonbe looks ok to me.
Er...it eats garage?
Well, many feral cats do...

jj984jj
May 17th, 2004, 12:58 PM
It's pretty ugly from the manga, but I've seen this other one..... dunno if that one is fake, but it makes him look more like a pre-evolved snorlax and the yellow becomes the same color as snorlax's belly. It does make him look a lot better lol.

EDIT: It's Shinin4000's avatar.

awkwardsilencer
May 17th, 2004, 04:31 PM
who cares if they look like digimon, poop, animals, aliens, or wuteva, they are still pokemon and will still be in the games, and so yay, just wait for the new games.

Purple Insanity
May 18th, 2004, 01:42 PM
...riiiight...

I think Gonbe is ugly. I dunno. It just is. I never liked Snorlax, so that may be one reason. My friend says that Gonbe is almost egg nog backwords.