PDA

View Full Version : Two Breaking News!

jynx
May 14th, 2004, 09:29 AM
The following information is translated from Hong Kong Pokemon Alliance 2004, all rights reserved.

1:Nintendo has released a new machine, similar to Gameboy, but nolonger called Gameboy. It is called DS.
http://www.e3insider.com/photos/photoPax/large/P1010029.jpg
http://www.e3insider.com/photos/photoPax/large/P1010019.jpg
http://e3.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ds_hardware.wmv
http://www.ugwire.com/media/nintendo-e32004.wmv
Brief Introduction: This DS has 2 screens. In order to provide the player a clear image under any light source. Thus means, if one is unclear, look at the other one! XD!

Interior Microphone: The DS can indentify the voice of the player, or clap hands, and analyse into actions in the machine. We are told that we can use our voices to order the character. e.g."Pikachu! Go left!"

Non-cable communication: Players can link up to 15 other players for battles and stuff.
------------------------------------------------------------
2. New Pokemon Discovered:
http://hkpokemona.com/cgi-bin/attachment.cgi?forum=14&topic=96&postno=1&type=.jpg
...o_O|||
--------------------------------------------------------------

The above information is translated from Hong Kong Pokemon Alliance
All rights reserved!
original post: Arcueid (HKPMA webmaster)
translated by: jynx (:P)

Ryoutarou
May 14th, 2004, 12:18 PM
man this is old news go to my thread in video games.

Porygon
May 14th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Lol, yeah, I heard about this from Kyogredude and a DZoner even has one for his Avatar since who knows when

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
May 14th, 2004, 12:32 PM
what is it? Is it a system?

Ryoutarou
May 14th, 2004, 12:34 PM
yes read the post...it's a new system they call it a new line it's not a gameboy replacment as it will only be able to play gba games and ds games.

Chairman Kaga
May 14th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Everything else in this topic aside, I must say that is a really awesome shot of the DS...wow o_o

Ryoutarou
May 14th, 2004, 12:42 PM
but the ds does look really nast and old though

Kayleigh
May 14th, 2004, 04:24 PM
So... You have a similiar thread, blue? ^_^; I need to know if I need to close this.

But, that does look neat! It just seems like it would get annoying trying to focus on one screen, when there are two. x_x

jynx
May 15th, 2004, 02:39 AM
I have the pictures, he don't.
:P
So don't close it!

HiKaizer
May 15th, 2004, 04:46 AM
It looks like my old personal organiser @_@

jynx
May 15th, 2004, 06:40 AM
It looks like my old translator! XD

Intuition
May 15th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Ah well, it doesn't look that bad does it? :\ haha

Ryoutarou
May 15th, 2004, 08:31 AM
but the thing with 2 screen is you pick out what you want him to do on the bottom scrren then he acts it out on the top.

Intuition
May 15th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Why can't they just do anything on one screen! I can't have one eye on a screen and my other eye on the other screen! :\

Ryoutarou
May 15th, 2004, 08:54 AM
It'ss supposed to be aa touch scrren so i really dont know allthough it is certin there will be no pokemon game at least not a important one on the ds since it's not a game boy.

Timbjerr
May 15th, 2004, 10:12 AM
I read in my local newspaper today (I chose the right time to start reading the newspaper XD) that the official name fr the device is the Game Boy DS...so therefore, unlike what other people in this thread think, it is a Game Boy replacement, and it will most likely be the system for the 4th gen. Pokmon games...

Ryoutarou
May 15th, 2004, 10:13 AM
No nintendo has stated that it's called "NintendoDS"

jynx
May 15th, 2004, 10:33 AM
but the thing with 2 screen is you pick out what you want him to do on the bottom scrren then he acts it out on the top.
My alliance said that it is the same, so you can see the screen clearly in any light source!
If you don't believe me, go to the Japanese sites and have a look through it!
And if you don't know Japanese, don't go against me.

---------------------------------------------------
It must cost a fortune=.=
Hm...how many more POkmon species will there be in the next get? :P

Ryoutarou
May 15th, 2004, 10:37 AM
man everyone know's i know japanese it's my comuntry what do you expect?

jynx
May 15th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Oh wow~
I'm not flamming with you for I don't want my topic locked, thank you very much!

You post in your post, and I'll post in mine.

ppl will automatically beleive in the one that they think is true, don't they?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd part translated:

"Contacting Screen Design"
You can choose to divide the screens into individual prosess, (if you think that you can see both screens clearly, you can have a choice). The lower screen can analyse information when you touch it. You can input words in the game by this method.

"Sharing games without using cable"
If the game producer permits, one game can be played by several players through non-cable communications. This can be used to try a new game before buying it.

"3D images"
It is even better than N64. The screen shows images up to 60fps, and can produce smoke screen effects.

"Batteries and Electronic system"
Rechargable batteries. NDS also has "sleep mode" and "serving mode"(saves battery).
During sleeping mode, the player can play the game again at anytime, and stop at any time. In "serving mode", the NDS automatically runs when a message is received.

"Analyser"
NDS has 2 analysers. One is ARM9, the other is ARM7.

"New tapes"
The new game tapes is made using the newest "half conductor". Lowers the price, and can save up to 1Gigabit informations.

"2Game plucks"
There are 2 different game plucks in the machine. One for NDS games, the other for GBA games. Using the GBA one, you can pluck in another chip to upgrade your NDS

dqle
May 15th, 2004, 04:59 PM
If you guys read the articles carefully, they clearly state that the Gameboy DS (or Nintendo, whatever) is NOT the replacement of the Gameboy Advanced. They said it will mearly sell alongside it in stores. Although, I really don't know why they'd do such a thing...

Pokedragonfire
May 15th, 2004, 05:03 PM
DS stands for Duel Screen, doesn't it? Thats what I heard, from the magazing Game Informer

HiKaizer
May 16th, 2004, 01:01 AM
I think if it sells well Nintendo will just end up switching to it as the main hand held console anyway.

Wonder how it'll do compared to Sony's hand held?

bna_li
May 16th, 2004, 02:27 AM
I saw a pic of it... but it was kinda you know, changed. Fake... well, this looks old. I sure like the SP better.

Blitz~2005
May 16th, 2004, 02:42 AM
If you guys read the articles carefully, they clearly state that the Gameboy DS (or Nintendo, whatever) is NOT the replacement of the Gameboy Advanced. They said it will mearly sell alongside it in stores. Although, I really don't know why they'd do such a thing...

well it is posable 4 the ds 2 sell alongside the gba (just like sp does) but i think advance will still be better becouse i dont think i like the idea of the mic thing
:P

Intuition
May 16th, 2004, 04:00 AM
So the Cube wasnt good enough!?

jynx
May 16th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Maybe its for ppl that want to play N64 on the street ^~^

That's good! So my games won't be wasted! :D

TRIFORCE89
May 16th, 2004, 06:20 AM
That's right. Nintendo DS is not the next Game Boy. The next generation Game Boy is the Game Boy Evolution.

Chairman Kaga
May 16th, 2004, 07:48 AM
If they wanted people to continue to buy GBAs though, they wouldn't make GBA games playable on the DS, so people who are new to nintendo at the time of their buying the DS won't even bother buying a GBA, but only the games.

But then again, the SP looks a lot easier to hold than the DS *shrugs*

dqle
May 17th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Yeah, the Gameboy DS (DS standing for Dual Screen if you don't know it already) seems much bulkier than the SP does. I really don't know why they'd still sell the SP since the DS can play Gameboy Advanced games too(hopefully the other Gameboy games too). Maybe because it's a cheaper alternative? (like the GBA and the GBA SP)

To compare the two coming handheld systems, Nintendo's Gameboy DS and Sony's PSP (Playstation Pocket), I say that the DS is gonna be more worth it. First is the price. The Gameboy DS will start out at $150.00 while the PSP will be expected to start at $250.00. I wouldn't pay that much, even for a game system! A $100.00 difference is huge. The Gameboy DS will still use cartridges, which have been really reliable in strudiness and it doesn't need a memory card. The PSP will use some sort of mini-disk, which means sensitive games, especially on the road. And they will have to add a shock protection for continuous play, which can add to the cost. Because the PSP uses disks, it needs a memory card. For portability causes, more parts means more trouble. The DS has two screens, one touch sensative, while the PSP has a slightly larger single screen. Since the PSP has graphics slightly less comparible to the PS2, it needs a really good screen to play on. I've played on some portable screens, and everything seems blurry.

jynx
May 17th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Prices
A game company in USA has agreed to sell DS for $199.99 each, and games $49.99 each.
First games: Sonic DS, Animal Crossing DS, Bomberman DS, Pictochat DS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
That is not that expensive :D

Ryoutarou
May 17th, 2004, 11:29 AM
You mean nintendo right? And it's supposed to be msrp for only 130

jynx
May 17th, 2004, 11:44 AM
A large game company(sells games), not Nintendo.

jj984jj
May 17th, 2004, 01:11 PM
It's not a Gameboy, some people are still calling it one. :\
I think it's pretty awesome, note that they did say the name isn't final, just that it won't be a gameboy, and they also said that isn't definiately the final design that also may change. At this stage they just wanted to show you what their idea was with the touch-screen, bluetooth wireless technology letting upto 16 people within' a 100 miles play at once, the 2 screen obivously and how they work together, as well as the game library they are planning to include for it. Many many gamers are pleased with the results with Mario 64x4, Super Mario Bros. DS, Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime, and others. They do have the support to make this work, 100 3rd part developers and already announce 40+ titles. I think that it'll be awesome, btw check the "Other games" section, we've already said all this there.

Aedan
May 17th, 2004, 01:59 PM
I dont know.. i dont like the design, and the idea of 2 screens. its confusing.

dqle
May 18th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Heh. Just found out something. It looks like the DS is based on a REALLY old design!
http://www.decafbad.com/blog/2004/05/11/nintendo_ds_returning_to_game_watch_roots

I don't know where you got that info, jj984jj, but USA Today says different.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2004-05-11-nintendo-ds_x.htm

Check out Nintendo's website for official news.
www.nintendo.com/e3_2004/ds/index.jsp

Intuition
May 18th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Maybe I'm actually gonna like this DS thingy! :shocked:

jj984jj
May 18th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Heh. Just found out something. It looks like the DS is based on a REALLY old design!
http://www.decafbad.com/blog/2004/05/11/nintendo_ds_returning_to_game_watch_roots

I don't know where you got that info, jj984jj, but USA Today says different.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2004-05-11-nintendo-ds_x.htm

Check out Nintendo's website for official news.
www.nintendo.com/e3_2004/ds/index.jsp
About what though? Lol, my post was kinda long and I made a few different points, heh. About the DS not being a Game Boy? Nintendo said it in their press conference, and it's on Gamespot as well as IGN's website. It will be able to play GBA games, but it's still not considered a Game Boy by Nintendo. I'm guessing the next Game Boy should be revealed sometime next year with their next generation console.

awkwardsilencer
May 18th, 2004, 10:54 AM
yeh ive heard alot that the price is more at $200 now. i think i would still get it over psp. but if they were the same price then id def go psp.

jynx
May 18th, 2004, 11:32 AM
The prices depends on Game Companies
or game shops if you prefer.
---------------------------------------
I'd want one if my parents allowed.

Porygon
May 18th, 2004, 11:36 AM
*sigh* I want one so bad I wish I had money

jj984jj
May 18th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Lol, there is no way they'll make it the same price as the PSP. :P But yeah, a site has it for pre-order at $199. That isn't Nintendo's offical price though, nobody knows it yet as they haven't announced one yet. What I'm worried about is how much are the games for the PSP and the DS gonna cost? Aren't UMD's cheaper to make then the memory cards the DS is gonna use? And they have a hugh difference in storage, 128MB vs. 1.6GB. I mean the graphics on the PSP are better so it'll take up more space to make them. Developers definiately won't be using that much space and it is up to them which one will suceed since they develop the games, and nintendo has one more developer to support the DS then Sony has for the PSP. ;) But still, I wonder how much different their games will be in cost. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until next year when both of them are out to compare.

jynx
May 19th, 2004, 04:19 AM
A company agreed to sell GAMES $49.99USD each

dqle
May 19th, 2004, 05:44 AM
I read that DS games will sell between $20-$30, while the PSP is around the $50 range.

DS using memory cards? I thought they'd use their cartridges as the memory card!

jynx
May 19th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Which company is that? Or game shops?

I want to have informations on prices for different shops!