View Full Version : What's the hardest Pokemon to catch in Ranger?

June 19th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I just bought Ranger, and I'm as far as the Jungle Ruins near Summerland.
And I'm having a lot of trouble with catching Salamence. Honsetly, my hair was on the verge of being ripped out. Up to this point, I've hadn't had much trouble, but I couldn't paralyze it with my Plusle and I had to draw about 22 rings around it just to catch it.
With the normal Pokemon games, you just count on the Poke Balls, but this... Grrr! If anyone had mentioned "Salamence" to me just then, I would have screamed.

Now that the rant is out of the way, I'm just curious to know if there'll be any other tough Pokemon in Ranger. What do you think was the hardest Pokemon to catch?

June 19th, 2007, 8:18 AM
Wait till you have to try to get a Charizard. Or Deoxys and Rayquaza.

June 19th, 2007, 3:43 PM
Charizard wasn't all that hard, either time. I certainly don't remember it as well as I remember Salamence O_o. It was insane. I don't think I've circled that fast since. Maybe that's why I can't beat Tyranitar and its clan...

June 21st, 2007, 2:23 AM
Salamence isn't that hard. Reflexes, I guess.
Probably the hardest imo is Deoxys, Entei and Rayquaza.

- Meh -

June 23rd, 2007, 4:13 AM
The hardest for me is Rayquaza. Since it always escape in Static Attack of my Minun. And when i capture it, It says that it is impossible to capture. But i have captured it. :D

June 23rd, 2007, 8:03 AM
I've dealt with Salamence (Thank goodness!). Now I've got Charizard to deal with.

Could anyone discribe the fight with Entei? Is it really that tough?

June 30th, 2007, 8:47 PM
The Charizard really drove me insane the first time. The other time though, it was easy.

I don't remember catching a Salamence.. Oh well.

Lt. Silver
June 30th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Salmence was probably the hardest, The dogs were hard too

July 1st, 2007, 12:35 PM
I grred at Salamence. It took like 20 tries for me. The Entei was even harder. But I laughed at Kyogre. I caught him on my first try.

Always and Never
July 1st, 2007, 4:10 PM
What about that final charizard?

Waiting till all the lava pools dried up and zapping him full power...

Took me at least 5 tries...

July 5th, 2007, 7:46 AM
I'm still trying to do Salamence...

July 5th, 2007, 8:55 AM
The dogs weren't that hard to me.

July 5th, 2007, 3:12 PM
Raikou was really easy xD

July 5th, 2007, 3:22 PM
I found the dogs to be very hard, especially since I didn't save after I beat each person before them. (stupid move by me) but now the only pokemon I need to capture is Mew. I've been using Ariados but it still doesn't work. The stupid thing breaks out too quicly then it teleports and break my ring. Then it flees. I hate mew in this, love it anywhere else. : p

July 5th, 2007, 3:24 PM
Oh yeah, lol. Mew was harder than Salamence. Took like a billion tries for me. But it was worth it. Manaphy.

July 5th, 2007, 4:17 PM
Why'd you put Manaphy after it. Anyways, how the heck did you catch it!?!? I want to complete the game and i need to catch it.

btw, it think zigzagoon was harder than mew, considering it was pointless to have. (no assist or field help)

July 5th, 2007, 4:20 PM
Cause you need Mew to get manaphy. It took like 20 tries with an endless array of Ariadoses. I hate that Mew..

Shiny Umbreon
July 6th, 2007, 4:37 PM
Celebi, Deoxys and Mew. Salamence is also very tricky. At least the first time, I broke my stylus around 10 times.

July 6th, 2007, 7:27 PM
Cause you need Mew to get manaphy. It took like 20 tries with an endless array of Ariadoses. I hate that Mew..

You don't need to catch Mew to get manaphy. You just need the ranger net and the code, then beat the mission, tranfer and hatch. no mew is needed.

July 7th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I thought you had to finish every mission in ranger net. D'oh!

July 7th, 2007, 10:18 AM
haha, no you just need the code and ranger net. then you get the mission.

July 7th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Once again. D'oh! xD *everyone laughs at me*

July 7th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I think Charizard and Entei were the hardest

The rest were easy

Celebi was the easiest legend top catch!

July 7th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Did you use an Ariados to catch it? xD I never thought of that.

July 7th, 2007, 11:45 AM
No i just caught it with a regular capture styler.

You just have to make 6-9 Loops?

July 7th, 2007, 9:22 PM
I think Mew is the hardest to catch for some reason I cant catch it i get it to 7 rarely 2 then he teleports

Man of Faith
July 8th, 2007, 1:32 AM
The only two I ever had to retry were Entei 2 and Salamance...

I caught Salamance on my second try, so I didn't consider it difficult(even though it was the first thing to break my styler ><)

But Entei 2 I had to try more than 10 times! D:

Stupid fire...

July 8th, 2007, 5:34 PM
I think Charizard, Tyranitar, and Pupitar were the hardest.

August 1st, 2007, 6:03 PM
it depends how good your hand-eye coordination is. but 4 me any big/ legendary pokemon are hard 2 get.

August 4th, 2007, 8:30 AM
its not all about the hate yo you GOT TO FEAL THE LOVE

Fuyuko the Rampant
August 4th, 2007, 3:22 PM
If you think Charizard is hard.Wait until you get to Mew.It keeps teleporting out of your circle >_>.

August 4th, 2007, 6:17 PM
I'd say Deoxys, Charizard and Mew are the pains in the arse to catch. I know because I must have boke my styler at least 10 times on erach one. Charizard especially XP

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 6th, 2007, 8:15 AM
Salamence and Charizard were hard. I didn't get that far in the game

Tensa Zangetsu
August 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM
i think tyranitar was the hardest

August 15th, 2007, 8:56 PM
I would have to say Salamence and 2nd-time Entei. Mew was easy, all I did was catch a Shedinja for its ghost assist.

Old Fart
August 16th, 2007, 2:26 PM
i Think Megineium Is Hardest.With a Awesome Attack+Alot of Loops.