PDA

View Full Version : GT in toonami?

Hakudoushi-kun
September 28th, 2003, 07:49 PM
it seems like dbz and cyborg 009 have been taken off of toonami. there's another show replacing cyborg 009's slot that i've forgot the name of. but maybe gt will take the place of dbz.

Keitaro
September 28th, 2003, 07:56 PM
I don't get the Cartoon Network but I can tell you this that GT will appear on Toonami eventually, the English episodes are already out but Toonami wont rush into it, they'll wait till they dub bit more before assigning GT to the Toonami schedule.

Anyway I saw all of GT few years back 64 episodes & 1 movie after that no more Dragon Ball, it stops dragging on lol

G-LANCE
September 30th, 2003, 12:03 AM
wow, i h8 beckett!!!
they said:
oh gt will come out in 2002!!!
oh sorry, 2003 for sure!
uhhh...no comment...
but they should come up with gt soon...
oh well, cyborg009 was terrible!!!!!

Omega-Brendan
October 8th, 2003, 02:32 PM
I thought you were talking about Beyblade G(I kept thinking about Dragoon GT)

Hakudoushi-kun
October 9th, 2003, 08:09 PM
I don't get the Cartoon Network but I can tell you this that GT will appear on Toonami eventually, the English episodes are already out but Toonami wont rush into it, they'll wait till they dub bit more before assigning GT to the Toonami schedule.

Anyway I saw all of GT few years back 64 episodes & 1 movie after that no more Dragon Ball, it stops dragging on lol

what about dragonballAF, did you see that yet? if so, is it good?
(i'm in absolute awe at your banner in your signature)

Rift
October 10th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Sorry images, but im a DB, DBZ, DBGT "expert" and i cant assure you there is NO such thing as AF it was a rumor going around after someone drew a picture of a SS5 Goku with Dragonball AF beside it, and Akira Toriyama (the creator) didnt even do the story for GT he called it quits after Z but someone wanted to continue the story and created GT.

Hakudoushi-kun
October 10th, 2003, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Akira Toriyama (the creator) didnt even do the story for GT he called it quits after Z but someone wanted to continue the story and created GT.[/QUOTE]

i know that part.

i saw pics of episodes from AF though (i'll try to find em again). i think it's about 100 years after goku landed on earth.

Rift
October 10th, 2003, 09:17 PM
*looks through his files* well, ya never know, it may be possible! im gonna have to do some reaserch on it Images, but if theres pics, then im gonna trust your word on it!

Hakudoushi-kun
October 12th, 2003, 07:36 PM
DBAF (http://dragonball.deagostini.it/articoli/dbaf.html) here's the site where it tells about the story of DBAF (i'm 100% sure now that it exists). it's in italian but you can translate it by going to translate (http://babelfish.altavista.com)

AF used to be just a manga series, but now it seems there are episodes of it being created.

i also have a pic of raditz SS3 from AF:

Keleri
October 17th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Dragonball AF was just a fan-manga. It's not a real dragonball series, and that picture of Raditz is a crudely doctored picture of him from the anime with SSJ3 Goku's hair pasted on.

In other news, Dragonball GT is now playing on a Canadian channel, YTV. I used to be a really huge DBZ fan, and I decided to watch it to see how it was...there was sketchy info about GT at best back when I was finding out about DBZ and stuff.

The verdict: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHNONONONONONONONONOSWEETJESUSWHY!!?!

Rift
October 17th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Not to be mean Images but every single (well not every one) pic of them characters have been edited/glued on to confuse the reader and if Trunks went SS4 his hair wouldnt be black it would be Purple and a couple of them Pictures iv seen in my Beckett DBZ collector a couple times!

Hakudoushi-kun
October 18th, 2003, 07:11 PM
oh well. i'll just keep an eye out for subs, in case it really does exist.

Rift
October 18th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Well, since the last episode of GT aired in 1997 in Japan and the first episode of Dragon Ball aired in 1988, i dont think therell be another series...

Hakudoushi-kun
October 18th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Well, since the last episode of GT aired in 1997 in Japan and the first episode of Dragon Ball aired in 1988, i dont think therell be another series...

db's last episode was aired in 1988? i thought it was '82 or something

Rift
October 18th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Ya, somethin in the 80's but DB/Z/GT is a very old Anime! and i wish it'd never end... :'(

Hakudoushi-kun
November 2nd, 2003, 07:09 PM
finally, GT on toonami(American) Nov. 7: toonami preview (http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/toonami/watch/video_clips/cotw/dbzgt/part1/index.html)

Netto
November 2nd, 2003, 07:40 PM
Being a big DB/Z fan Im glad about GT going to Cartoon Network.GT was not really a favorite of mines but its okay it didnt really make sense since it was not made by Akira.The Power levels were way off and such I could go on but I wont.Luckly I got to see all 64 episdoes in spanish and japanese.

Rift
November 2nd, 2003, 08:25 PM
i just dont understand why they started GT half way through the series! x_x;

Netto
November 2nd, 2003, 09:09 PM
Because the begging episodes where boring IMO.People would have lost intrest but they are going to Dub the first ones later on.

Rift
November 2nd, 2003, 09:41 PM
but i wanted to see Pilaf turn Goku into a 3 foot tall kid! i did i did!

Netto
November 2nd, 2003, 09:50 PM
Yeah it was funny what Pilaf said to Goku when they saw each other again. :D

Rift
November 2nd, 2003, 10:04 PM
yeah ill see it eventually though! *beats 25 character limit with a stick* Hey Netto is that Bass on your avater?

Netto
November 2nd, 2003, 10:11 PM
Yep ^^ thats Bass.exe or I like to call him Forte.exe(japanese name).

Rift
November 3rd, 2003, 07:04 PM
so basically his name is rooted on music! Bass and Forte are both musical terms!

Hakudoushi-kun
November 3rd, 2003, 08:23 PM
but i wanted to see Pilaf turn Goku into a 3 foot tall kid! i did i did!

pilaf looks all pruney. aw man, why does anime have to base on business

Cherrim
November 4th, 2003, 06:41 PM
In other news, Dragonball GT is now playing on a Canadian channel, YTV. I used to be a really huge DBZ fan, and I decided to watch it to see how it was...there was sketchy info about GT at best back when I was finding out about DBZ and stuff.

The verdict: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHNONONONONONONONONOSWEETJESUSWHY!!?!
LMAO! Took the scream right out of my mouth. ;_;'

They murdered the series. Especially poor Trunks. >_>;; Needless to say, I saw the... second episode (I missed the first one) and I haven't watched it since. o.o;;

Rift
November 5th, 2003, 09:03 PM
yeah...they ruined Gohan too...all his suits...not one Gi! and Goten looks like a freakin moron! blah! Akira Toriyama shouldnt have agreed with GT...

Cherrim
November 6th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Ehehehheeeeee.... Gohan has funky glasses. XD;;

I guess he probably just did it because fans were complaining about the series ending... I'm pretty sure the sequel to Dragonball was called Dragonball "Z" because Z is the last letter in the alphabet and he wanted to signify that being the last in the series. But the money factor probably plays a big part, too. o_O

Hakudoushi-kun
November 6th, 2003, 07:05 PM
i think Akira had a story going on after DBZ, but didn't want to animate it, so he stopped at DBZ, and let the company finish it off with another ending

Netto
November 6th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Actually he wanted to stop after the Cell Saga but he went on he never wanted to continue on to GT.

Hakudoushi-kun
November 6th, 2003, 08:00 PM
what i had in that post was just a guess at what Toriyama-sama might've thought out