PDA

View Full Version : The Neon Colosseum can burn.

Ichida
June 27th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Argh!! Damn Fortune Wheel! I hate it! More testament to my extremely poor luck. I can barely get the timing straight, and then the enemies end up with my fully trained sweeping machines, while I get stuck with weaklings like Chimchar. >.<

Ho-oh arabia
June 27th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Is it really that hard? I got the game just 2 hours ago and haven't reached the Neon Colosseum yet.

Ichida
June 27th, 2007, 03:28 PM
The other stadiums were easy because my team is EV trained. My Heracross literally OHKOd everything it faced. It's just the accursed Neon Colosseum I hate because I can't use my full force.

Ho-oh arabia
June 27th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Hmm. Ho-oh and I are unstoppable! Maybe u and I should battle;)

Ichida
June 27th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I would be glad to destroy your Ho-oh and its teammates. :P

Scyther5
June 27th, 2007, 03:34 PM
For me I just picked average pokemon I had on my diamond for my team, then when I used the spinner they might end up with crappy ones too, worked exceptionally well seeing as I tried the Neon C. just once.

Ho-oh arabia
June 27th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Bring IT ON!!!! I will Take u on! Ho-oh, Lugia, Giratina, Diaruga, Arceus,Mewtwo, GO!!!!!

Ichida
June 27th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah, it looks like I may have to lower myself to win... ugh, it feels like such a perversion of my dogma to willingly use weak Pokemon.

Ho-oh arabia
June 27th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Gah, I'm used to strong pokemon with a minimum of 530 BST. oh well.

Blue Latios
June 27th, 2007, 04:45 PM
My team isn't EV trained and I still got through the first four or five easily. The Neon Colluseum is incredably hard! I've almost gotten to the leader.(finally)

SSJ4 Furanki
June 27th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Same with me, my Arceus lv.80, Venusaur Lv.100 Charizard Lv.100 Blaizken Lv.100, Swampert Lv. 100 and Mewtwo Lv. 100 There all EV trained When I faced Rosie she kicked the crap out of me since I only had Arceus and She had the rest of Pokemon I owned every other trainer there.

latioslegends
June 27th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I have beaten it but I must say it was defintely hard I just hate that wheel it is very hard to get what you want you either get good guys or crapy guys!

PoetikaL
June 28th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I had no problems, my Gallade and Salamence cleared through everything, even the Neon Colosseum, but that FREAKIN Colosseum where you can pick 4 out of the 12 pokemon, that was freakin' hard, but I beat it.......5 times later XD

Laa
June 28th, 2007, 08:37 AM
I had no trouble at all...but then again I havn't EV trained my team yet...Need to make a team that I'm happy with first :D

Dogod
June 28th, 2007, 08:38 AM
You mean sunset? I hate it.

PoetikaL
June 28th, 2007, 09:08 AM
^Yeah, Sunset, it was either Sunny or Sunset, but that's the one. Ticked me off.

Dogod
June 28th, 2007, 09:38 AM
I got the leader down to 1 pokemon, and I had all 4. Then that 1 pokemon KOed all 4. (In sunset)

Chibaymega12
June 28th, 2007, 11:23 AM
i didn't have much trouble with it.

The way to beat it is to think of the whele as a clock. So put the cursor at the six oclock posistion of the whele and watch for the pokemon u want to be at the 10 o clock position then click. It takes a little practice, but by the second time, i got it down to only one enemy pokemon on my team

Dogod
June 28th, 2007, 11:39 AM
What are suggestions for sunset Colosseum?

Chibaymega12
June 28th, 2007, 11:43 AM
i just unlocked that colloseum so i dunno yet, good luck!

Ichida
June 28th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I fiiiiinally got through it by getting the timing down. *laughs at Rosie's singed remains*

Ho-oh arabia
June 28th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Grr.. I have no weaklings and my strong ho-oh, lugia, arceus, and giratina were all turned against me in the 5th round(can u believe my luck!?)

Alex_
June 28th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I'm currently doing the Neon Colloseum for the 2nd time after losing. I've beat all of the others without trouble but this one is tough. I can time the ball drop okay, if I miss it's by one or two spots at most.

roxas123
June 28th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Neon is extremely easy if you use a rental pass. Because then all of the pokemon a virtually the same.

Zyph
June 28th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Protip: Use a rental pass.

Now the SUNSET Colosseum can burn.

Ichida
June 28th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Sunset I got through on the first try, though a few battles could have gone either way. Thank God for Tangela.

Naito
June 28th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Neon is extremely annoying, however just pick your average pokemon and it'll be easier. I'm used to having my pokemon at the maximum possible stats they can obtain, so often it screws me up in this colloseum. Right now I'm training three different teams for PBR to also use, incase there's something like Neon that'll easily screw up powerful pokemon.

SSJ4 Furanki
June 28th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I just beat it I got lucky and Got Two of my Best and Rosie got only 1 of mine but I got the advantage and won.

Xionixx
June 28th, 2007, 09:00 PM
If you hit A when the Pokemon is in the 11 o' clock position and the cursor is at the Six, then it's almost guaranteed you'll get your pokemon. That's what I do and 7/10 i get my guys.

アガースタ・ネコチャン
June 28th, 2007, 09:23 PM
was it really lame/cheap that I had a bunch of feebas in a box when i imported from my pearl game and then just took a whole team of feebas into the neon colosseum? I lucked out every time too, cause my opponents always got a full team of four feebas, and I got their pokes.

Ichida
June 28th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I always aim at the 9 and hit it when the edge of the panel I want hits the 3. I have only missed once after using this. Ph33r my wheel-sniping. XDD

Laa
June 28th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I was just lucky and got my mewtwo every round?

~Misty~
June 29th, 2007, 06:36 AM
was it really lame/cheap that I had a bunch of feebas in a box when i imported from my pearl game and then just took a whole team of feebas into the neon colosseum? I lucked out every time too, cause my opponents always got a full team of four feebas, and I got their pokes.

Yeah, I was thinking about that strategy as well in bed, and it sounds good but with Magikarp. I'll have 2 UBERS and the rest lvl 30 Magikarp...

Ichida
June 29th, 2007, 06:51 AM
XDDD, that would be absolutely hilarious. Fortunately, my wheel-sniping has improved so I don't think I'll need any underhanded tactics like that. :P

Forci Stikane
June 29th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Heh, I knew, as soon as I had tried it, that you, of all people, would tear your hair out at this stadium, Ichida. After all, the very idea of the colosseum turns EV training right back on you...

The first six are no problem if you time yourself right on the wheel. Rosie, however...took me a few tries to beat, but I finally did.

Dogod
June 29th, 2007, 10:34 AM
It was annoying, but I did it in 2 tries. I'm still stuck at sunset, though.

Lxylia
June 29th, 2007, 11:19 AM
I know. I hate neon. it's totally hard. my older brother heat it on his third try. I'm on my second try, I haven't gotten to leader yet so I'll see.

Dogod
June 29th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I finally won the game! And I have surfing pika! I'm training it so I can beat level 50s with it.

Laa
June 29th, 2007, 02:00 PM
So how about sunset? It is really starting to get on my nerves...

Dogod
June 29th, 2007, 03:17 PM
You get the best pokemon if you use the rental card "beginner Nate"

Laa
June 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Do you really? Wow... I'm off to try again...

Dogod
June 29th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I won with Beginner Nate. Both of my custom passes got the hardest pokemon to use, but the rental pass was still hard, but at least I won.

Laa
June 29th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I tried it, I won, and now I got my surfing pikachu... And my light ball. Now I'm good to go...

Dogod
June 29th, 2007, 08:09 PM
I'll tell whoever asks about Beginner Nate.

Togefan
July 9th, 2007, 07:05 PM
i suck at sunset.. :(. but i beat neon on my 3rd try :)

Siigari
July 9th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Heh, gl with the Sunset colosseum and random Pokes with only Normal-type moves...

Always and Never
July 9th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah, Sunset is by far the most challenging. I always just get the Dragon Rage Gabite.

The only colleseum I am having trouble with right now is Set 8 of Stargazer.

fearow23
July 9th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I'm perfect with the timing on the fortune, even on the courtyards wheel (I can fully revive my guys everytime!)

Pogiforce-14
July 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I had problems with the fortune wheel, until a friend of mine (Who has no life, spends every waking moment on video games, and then tells us the tricks) told us how to beat it.

Basically, you put the cursor over the bottom right hand corner of the wheel, (corners on wheels, WTF, I know, but trust me) and wait till the pokemon you want is on the bottom left hand corner (again with teh corners). Drop the marker then. by the time the marker has landed on the wheel, it should land on the pokemon you want. It worked for me most every time, and got the pokemon I wanted.

AztecSunshine
July 11th, 2007, 07:42 PM
neon? is it the one i beated on the first try? or was it the easy one with the spining thingy? oh that was easy for some reason i get th best poke and gabite each time i play

CrystalFlow
July 11th, 2007, 09:05 PM
my battle with Rosie she got none of mine all her grass types. and my old electivire which is on my pbr team had firepunch :P

Dusknoir and Tangrowth
August 8th, 2007, 07:04 AM
OMG i hate that place! >< Curse you sucky coms! (Or what ever they're called)

Sachiel
August 8th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Argh!! Damn Fortune Wheel! I hate it! More testament to my extremely poor luck. I can barely get the timing straight, and then the enemies end up with my fully trained sweeping machines, while I get stuck with weaklings like Chimchar. >.<

LOL. getting your timing right i find is next to impossible. but then again i guess you did it successfully. LOL. when i tried playing in the Neon collosseum for the first time I got my ass handed to me. you should no better than to bring in your powerhouse pokemon into that battle. i had to try playing in the Neon-sseum 6 times before i beat it. on the 6th try i tried using a more balanced team that had pokemon in it that possessed types or movesets that can successfully counter each other.

good ole' turtwig, piplup and staryu were by far the most useful since they all had egg moves like giga drain, ice beam and thunderbolt. that palcity mew I threw in there was also helpful. My dragonite got ice beamed the most both when the AI was controllng and when i was using it.

Cranidos was worthless though.....( stupid earthquake and crunch...)

Gigatongatlingman
August 10th, 2007, 10:33 AM
So, is it me or do I get all the luck? Really, all you have to is have luck, a steady hand and if you screw up, a pokemon that can beat a pokemon (Like a good Heracross for Weavile)

MasterWGS
August 13th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I beat Neon on my first try, mostly cuz I lucked out...

Sunset took me two tries, but on the second try, I got this lucky little Ryhorn with Stealth Rock and Roar combo. The computer couldn't do nothin'.