PDA

View Full Version : Latias vs. Latios

lil' jose
May 17th, 2004, 04:26 PM
In this corner contending around 4' 7" and 150 lbs. is LATIAS. And in the other corner contending around 6' 0" and 200 lbs. is LATIOS.

Okay what I'm getting to is I wanna know what people think between Latias and Latios. You can say why you think one is better than the other and all that good stuff. No trashing though like saying that Latias is a girl and girl pokemon are weak. Get it, got it, doubt it.

Mikoudi
May 17th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Girl pokemon are weak? Actually, not really. My female Venomoth is very powerful and can kill even a level 100 fire pokemon.

lil' jose
May 17th, 2004, 04:29 PM
well you know what I mean because some people might think that.

Xilion_Sword90
May 17th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Well Latios and Latias both have some strong points and some weak points...

Latios has bad Sp. Defense, Latias has bad Sp. Attack

But both can learn Calm Mind and Dragon Dance...

Mikoudi
May 17th, 2004, 04:31 PM
I think Latios is best cause he is blue. Lol, I also think Latias is better cause defence is strong and can block off attack and do big attack on other low defence pokemon.

Castrainer
May 17th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Ya might now that Female pkmn better than the Male ones...
And Latias is cutter, have more Sp. DEf and is... Female!

So i prefer Latias :P

(Im actually posting in the GB/GBC/GBA games forun O_O)

Mikoudi
May 17th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Ya might now that Female pkmn better than the Male ones...
And Latias is cuter, has more Sp. Def and is a... Female!

So i prefer Latias :P

(Im actually posting in the GB/GBC/GBA games forun O_O)

(It isn't that bad :P)

Plus Latias has more def. than Latios ^_~

Castrainer
May 17th, 2004, 04:52 PM
(It isn't that bad :P)

Plus Latias has more def. than Latios ^_~

Yay! Def and Sp. DEf in 1st place!
*looks at Latios Master's face*
But Latios aint that bad :nervous:

Mikoudi
May 17th, 2004, 04:53 PM
I have both so it really doesn't matter to me. I bribed them off my friend through "blackmail" as we call it XD.

Frostweaver
May 17th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Latias IS weaker, because of a much lower special attack in comparison. Latios and Latias' stats regarding defenses and offenses are switched around. Because Latios' attack stats are higher, it will benefit more from soul dew. Plus it's not like Latias have much skills to help it stall like Deoxy-LG can for example, so generally it's Latios that's preferred (and therefore "stronger")

Intuition
May 18th, 2004, 06:24 AM
I like Latios more, because his pic is cooler..

awkwardsilencer
May 18th, 2004, 10:42 AM
it matters the attacks, so either could win.

IceKitten
May 18th, 2004, 11:49 AM
I agree with Frostweaver but Latias is still my fave out the 2!!!

lil' jose
May 18th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Thanks guys I forgot to put a poll up

shining_light
May 19th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Latias. where else can you find a girl legendary? plus, i like her cuz i got her off s. island.

lil' jose
June 7th, 2004, 12:01 PM
I like Latias because she is awsome!

Jirachi3
June 7th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Latios has better attack but Latias is cuter and has better defence SO I'd have to with Latias and like someone mentioned you cant get an ONLY girl legendary anywhere else!

Frostweaver
June 7th, 2004, 02:36 PM
but you can't get an ONLY male legendary anywhere else either =p Latios is the only dragon dancer who doesn't have quad weakness to something too (Kingdra also has this property but Kingdra sucks way too much in the physical attack move department)

Plus in the metagame of Fully Advanced, both of them are equally bad and mega-ubar if they have their precious soul dew which is a free Calm Mind before the battle have even begun. These ubar legendaries can withstand an ice beam and remain barely scratched with soul dew.

katty
June 7th, 2004, 04:10 PM
gurl pokemon are not weak,its just their gender live with it. This is all about opinion, to me both are equally powerful, but somehow latias's stat is slightly lower.

Gardy
June 7th, 2004, 04:13 PM
My opinion is that latias is better. She is the ony girl legendary like shining light said I mean must of them look like boys ^_^;

Simon
June 7th, 2004, 04:42 PM
sERIOUSLY? SOul Dew makes them uber? *opens up calc and starts tweaking a LatiAS*

Frostweaver
June 7th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Having a gender in terms of Pokemon is bad period. No gender = no attract. Some gender = attract. So Latios and Latias would technically be stronger without gender (but that would take away the coolness factor). Latias and Latios have the same stats too except the offensive stats and the defensive stats are flipped around.

Another reason why Latios > Latias: Latios is a bit more flexible as the move drgaon dance is always available ready to help out, with soul dew for a natural boost in the no EV specials (see why soul dew is ubar? You can go 0 EVs in them and still come up to the 300s in both specials)

Iveechan
June 7th, 2004, 10:29 PM
I hate when people say that Latias has bad special attack stat. I forget the base, but it's not low, just lowER. With one calm mind, her special defense makes her almost inpenetrable. And soul dew is for sissies. I caught a Modest Latias, so I'm awesome.

lil' jose
June 8th, 2004, 11:13 AM
I like Latias also because she seems to me to be stronger than Latios. Although I do like Latios' move Luster Purge. Especially on the GBA Sp

Eliana
June 8th, 2004, 11:18 AM
*Gasps* I couldnt possibly answer this! I luv both of them! each has negatives and positives :) I wouldnt be able to decide!

lil' jose
June 8th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Well If I could choose any legendary dragon/bird type kinda thing that can learn fly it would have to be Latias. Why I don't particularly know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Eliana
June 8th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Lol. latias is ssoooooo cute! while Latios is cool

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 8th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Latias is cool because it's red. Red is totally tubular, dude... 0_0

I don't too much about the duo, but from wha I've read in my RU/SA guidebook, Latios is stronger.

EDIT: 666th post, uh, scary-o-rama, dude

Mew9
June 8th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Latias all the way. She's smaller, and i feel stronger. I hacked one (since i hav Ruby) and cause i don't like Latios. Who likes blu and gray? Red is my fav. color, and white is better than gray. Latios looks freaky. Even though i don't like girl pokemon, i hacked it male so i call Latias a he. Even though it has a female sign next 2 it, in my mind it is still male.

Pikachu Fan38
June 9th, 2004, 02:30 PM
I think Latios :os: is stronger because he is bigger
compared to Latias.

Mudkip84
June 9th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Well Latios and Latias both have some strong points and some weak points...

Latios has bad Sp. Defense, Latias has bad Sp. Attack

But both can learn Calm Mind and Dragon Dance...

My Lv.50 Latios beat a 100 Treecko and blaziken

Also i like

Latias- 49.5%
Latios- 50.5

Frostweaver
June 9th, 2004, 03:15 PM
latias can't learn dragon dance. It's a latios only move (SEXIST!!!)

And that blaziken is a lack wit to lose to something 50 lvls lower than it... o.o; I mean even if Latios is ubar, pure force brick break = win o.o; Treecho should be able to win that too with seed/sub/protect/repeat

Kitty17794
June 22nd, 2004, 06:20 AM
I say Latias. She's so sweet, and Latios is just a stick in the mud.

June 22nd, 2004, 10:44 AM
Latias hands down...Latios is big brutish and doesnt swing! (like the playground swings what did you think i meant?!)

Poke'gangster
June 22nd, 2004, 05:08 PM
I prefer Latios better than Latias
cause yes he's a boy
2 I like blue more than red
and 3 cause I just think he's cool
and 4 doesn't he have more special attack than Latias? I'm not sure about #4

Taeki
June 22nd, 2004, 06:50 PM
I find Latios is is cooler in the movie.

LilLatias
June 23rd, 2004, 11:51 AM
Latias rules, that's the bottom line. My bro told me that female pokemon are slightly stronger than males. Latios is bigger than Latias because he's older, he's the big bro. And I LOVE Latias's eyes, they're so big and cute! ^^