PDA

View Full Version : Getting this

Rumor
June 28th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I was thinking about getting this and a Wii, is it worth spending 300$+ to get it? I have the internet required to play it online so I could do that but I played some of the Wii games over at my cousins house and the graphics weren't that great.

Laa
June 28th, 2007, 09:46 PM
What you do is go out, buy the Wii. Get PBR, LoZ:TP, RE4 wii edition, Reserve corruption, and then go into the shop channel and buy OoT...

you'll be content for a long time...and it is plenty worth it...

Kayke™
June 28th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Don't buy a Wii for PBR alone, it won't last you very long. I just bought it today...I'm enjoying it, but 50 bucks was a bit much. But yeah...the post above me pretty much covered everything...except Super Smash Bros Brawl. If you don't pick that up, I declare you insane.

Ichida
June 28th, 2007, 10:31 PM
The fact stands that the Wii has good games and more are coming. Whether you want PBR or not, get the Wii. No gamer of any calibur should be without it.

Kayke™
June 28th, 2007, 10:43 PM
The fact stands that the Wii has good games and more are coming. Whether you want PBR or not, get the Wii. No gamer of any calibur should be without it.

^Case and point. (Game, set, and match...yeah, you get it. -.-)

Laa
June 28th, 2007, 10:55 PM
How could I forget brawl? I'm the one who checks the site as soon as they update it...

Which if anyone cares www.smashbros.com updates in about ten minutes if anyone wants to see....

PoetikaL
June 29th, 2007, 08:46 AM
^^Just for the Smash Bros. update, the Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Medley song, is GODLY!!!! I love it, I want it for the iPod.

Dogod
June 29th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Who isn't getting SSBB if they have the money? I'm getting it if I haave $50 when it comes out. But I do wonder how the wifi will work.

Caleb290
June 30th, 2007, 03:21 PM
get the wii for sure and get any kinda of mario game at there :P because mario ROCKS but all I have is the wii sports game so far and I am still happy with it :D

Laa
June 30th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Have fun with it...beat TP for the Wii and then buy it for the GC and run through it again :D

Rumor
June 30th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Don't buy a Wii for PBR alone, it won't last you very long. I just bought it today...I'm enjoying it, but 50 bucks was a bit much. But yeah...the post above me pretty much covered everything...except Super Smash Bros Brawl. If you don't pick that up, I declare you insane.

Yea I was thinking of getting brawl to.

MetalMario
July 3rd, 2007, 06:27 PM
If you don't pick that up, I declare you insane.
If you HAVE picked up Brawl, I officially declare YOU insane, seeing as it's not out yet, so you must be hallucinating. :P

Always and Never
July 3rd, 2007, 06:34 PM
It does cost, with PBR and the Wii, $324.80.

If you have that kind of money, I'd say go for it ^_^

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
If you can find a Wii, GET IT.
Wait on PBR, it's over priced.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:06 PM
Don't wait on PBR, Ian is insane and knows not of what he speaks. it's a good game, Surfing Pikachu at game's end to me immediately forgives the game of any and all shortcomings,few of which it has.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:07 PM
Sure, it's a good game, but it's not worth 50 bucks. It just plain isn't. You're in denial Pogiforce.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:12 PM
I find it highly worth my fifty, you're just a penny pincher who isn't satisfied unless he has something to complain about.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
No, infact I have diamond and I'm satisfied with that as a game.
I have Emerald and I'm satisfied with that as a game. I have Leaf Green and I'm satisfied with that.

Just because I have an idea of how much a game is worth, doesn't mean I'm a penny pincher, it means I'm a smart shopper. Just because I'm not willing to waste money, just as easily as you might waste gasoline, food, or water, doesn't mean I'm a penny pincher.
A smart gamer needs to be able to know how much money to spend on a game, if it's really worth it. I've read the reviews and it turns out, PBR isn't worth 50 dollars.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
Well, you won't find it any cheaper for at least half a year, if you're lucky. In the meantime, we'll have fun battling. Enjoy the dust you seem to have left yourself in. :D

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:35 PM
No, I'm certain you could probably find a used game pretty quickly. I'm certain some parent somewhere will buy it for their kid, to which their kid will go 'wtf, I don't have a nintendo ds/wii.'
Besides that, you could pickup Resident Evil 4, for 20 dollars cheaper than PBR and spend those six months playing that, instead.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:37 PM
Ian, you're a penny pincher. You jsut don't want to dish out the clams and you're looking for any pitiful excuse to try to back your reasoning. Quite frankly you're being a god forsaken troll, coming here to this section, and bashing the game the very section is about, on multiple topics no less. I think it's time you showed yourself the door and left.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:39 PM
It's not worth 50 dollars. Am I a penny pincher because I don't like to waste money? Being wasteful is bad to society. I tip my Pizza delivery guys. and I'm not trolling, if I was trolling, I'd be bashing things, but I'm not bashing anything, I'm bring up very valid points.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
Your points are not valid, because all you keep doing is stating your opinion as fact over and over and over again. Your trolling, your speak nothing but ill of the game in spite of your claims of being unbiased, and it really is time you left.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 10:05 PM
It's a fact that the game isn't worth buying unless you own Pokemon Diamond or Pearl, that's what I've said over and over again. That is a fact, it isn't worth it. It is a fact that RE4 is 20 dollars cheaper than PBR. And it remains to be seen as to whether or not you'll be able to find it used easily.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 10:11 PM
You say it isn't worth it, but you often neglect the mention of that specific condition: owning Diamong or Pearl. And quite fraknly, who DOESN'T own diamond or pearl? There's this comic shop I visit regularly, fifteen to twenty people, mostly male, from the ages of fourteen to forty, after DP release all but one or two had Diamond or Pearl. some had both. Therein, PBR is worth it, as by and large people have the means to enjoy it fully. Just as these same people who purchased DP had at least one of the GBA games at their disposal, usually two or three, so that they could bring in their pokemon like they were told they could.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 10:47 PM
I openly admit that PBR is a D/P accessory, and that's why it is enjoyed by players like us. It helps to separate the serious players from the cheapskates in the online battling community. We openly admitted this point, and you disputed it with the price tag, despite claiming to have D/P yourself. Your only reasons are financial, thus you seem to unwittingly fit into the latter classification.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 11:01 PM
Well, I'm the only person I know despite my brother who owns diamond and or pearl.

Also, a 50 dollar accessory to a 35 dollar game, seems a little excessive.