PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who have this game..

Zorua
June 29th, 2007, 05:53 AM
And also have wifi, what are the recent challenges that you've been given over there, and I mean battling random people throught wifi.

Latley, I've been battling people with Lugia, Ho-oh, Deoxys etc. I won, but I'm still disappointed at the fact that some people would still bother to use ubers. No offense to those of you who do, but they suck to an extent compared to EV trained pokemon.

Do you even feel like the battle's a challenge or is it just lame and stupid? For me, it has to be both. While it's lame for people to use ubers, it can also be quite a fun experience trying to KO them. And when you do, you just have to feel proud of yourself. XD

For me, I couldn't help being happy when I KO'ed some person's whole legendary team. Lugia, Ho-oh, Deoxys, And Cresselia. Yes, double battle. I enjoy more of that than Single battle when it comes to games like this. Plus, they can sometimes be quite enjoyable.

Now I only lost twice over random people, but the rest I just crushed. To the people I lost twice, yes they used ubers. Everyone does. It's a bit annoying, but everyone just has to grow used to battling opponents who always use Giratina >><<;

Ichida
June 29th, 2007, 06:53 AM
A lot of Dialgas. Fortunately, my Heracross OHKOd every one of them. XDDD. I find it hilariously entertaining to destroy these random n00bs and their legendaries, and their entire teams of poorly-trained Pokemon. Fear the power of Effort Values!

xaix
June 29th, 2007, 07:34 AM
A lot of Dialgas. Fortunately, my Heracross OHKOd every one of them. XDDD. I find it hilariously entertaining to destroy these random n00bs and their legendaries, and their entire teams of poorly-trained Pokemon. Fear the power of Effort Values!

ive never really got into evs in pokemon games before, when i first heard of it,i was thinking that these ppl are to into pokemon, but im starting to think that ev pokemon are the way to go. what the hell am i going to do when i fight a team of funking black rayquaza and dialga, i'm just like the guy says "i'm in a corner, so and so well be lucky to make it out of this one" when in reality
i have no chance. what ever happened to ppl just catching pokemon and just going with what ever they got, owell lol i guess im a ev noob

Caleb290
June 29th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I never new about ev points either but it sounds cool but all you have to do to get them is just battle certain pokemon for certain points right? I just trained my pokemon by battleing any pokemon I found pretty much but somtimes I woul stick with on trainer with strong pokemon because I got more exp. but I think I got my pokemon kinda ev trained because I got the effort ribbon

Laa
June 29th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Geezzz I'm glad I got rid of my Dialga, you guys are haters.
My legendaries are my favorites, that's why I use them. Nothing more, nothing less...

PoetikaL
June 29th, 2007, 08:37 AM
OK, I did 2 Wi-Fi battles, one was against a girl using the rentals, so I didn't count that. The next guy I fought used all legendaries. I used my Gallade, Salamence and Electivire, he sends out a Suicune, it kills my Salamence, but my Gallade kills it, he then uses some other legendary, I forget what it was, I knocked it out, then he uses Rayquaza and kills my gallade, but my Electivire did it good and Salamence kills it (all these events happened somewhere, I don't feel like putting them in order) but I beat them using no legendaries.

Laa
June 29th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Most probably don't realize that ubers need to be EV trained as well...
That is there problem.

shadowcreep
June 29th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Most people who use ubers don't know about EVs

Zorua
June 29th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Most people who use ubers don't know about EVs

Exactly. They think that using legendaries is enough and that they'll win every single match. Wanna know why? It's because they're legendaries. They are SO powerful and godly, and will take down anything in their path. >>

Ho-oh and Lugia were barely a problem against me. Because of my EV training, they never had a chance. Even poor Mewtwo, who's supposed to be the powerful uber, I even tooken down with ease thanks to Lucario and Gardevoir

They should learn something: How to EV train and get rid of the legendaries for once. Save em for the CPU battles or something. Cause like, no one human ever wants to see those things in battle.

PoetikaL
June 29th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I'm still a lil' bit confused about EV training, I get the concept, I just gotta practice a bit more, but yeah, in order for them to be powerful, they gotta train them, not just catch em and load em up and throw em out there.

roxas123
June 29th, 2007, 10:43 AM
To obtain Effort Value points in one stat you have to defeat a pokemon dominant in the stat you want. For example if you kill a sceptile you will get three Evs in speed and if you kill a Blissey you would get 3 EVs in HP? Does thst help at all. If you go to Serebii and click on the black stat buttons at the bottom of the D/P Pokedex it shows you how many Ev's each pokemon will give you. Then you can seek out those pokemon and fight them for Ev's. You can only have 255 evs in 1 stat and a max total of 510 Ev's can be obtained.

Lxylia
June 29th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I agree totally! my older brother has few of legandary pokemon and he trained them. I has Palkia, I didn't do well because i didn't train it well, my brother KO'd me few times and I don't mind. I haven't tried random battles so I really do not know ^^;

Cyan Goggles
June 29th, 2007, 12:16 PM
So, tell me, how would you guys feel about an EV trained uber?

xaix
June 29th, 2007, 12:31 PM
i cant beleave that on a forum this big theres no ev faq or guides, if them is i cant find it

Laa
June 29th, 2007, 01:35 PM
If you're using an uber because it's an uber... then you're dumb. If you use the uber because you honestly like the uber, then you just need to remember that it still needs to be EV trained to do well...

It annoys me that people complain about ubers. It really does, probably because I use 4 of them in my party and I actually worked for them to be the way they are. I understand why you guys complain so much, it is just annoying to me.

RSL
June 29th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'm practically the only person on here who believes EV and IV training is a form of cheating. Seriously, why can't people around here use Protein/Carbos, etc. to fix their problems?

shadow_ki6
June 29th, 2007, 07:32 PM
but protien, iron..etc are basicly a easy way of ev trainning

Zorua
June 29th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Vitamins aren't even EV training, what are you talking about? o_O

What Vitamins do is just boost up a stat by random about. Depends on how much you buy.

If you're saying it makes EV training easier, I half disagree. You have to be rich(98,000) to buy 10 vitamins. Well not exactly rich, but have deep pockets. I agree on the fact that it does make it easer once you do buy them.

Personally, I only use vitamins to boost up stats cause sometimes I don't really have the patience for EV training to the full amount.

shadow_ki6
June 29th, 2007, 08:00 PM
yeah thats what i meant

i dont use vitamins id rather train them myself

Laa
June 29th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Wait I thought Vitamins gave you 10 EV twards that stat?

shadow_ki6
June 29th, 2007, 08:06 PM
yea they do... i think

but you can only use 10 vitamins for each stat giving you 100 ev points

shadowcreep
June 29th, 2007, 08:50 PM
yep after that they dont work then you still have to go out and ev train to get the rest of the evs in that stat

Laa
June 30th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Ok then I did it right... I was about to be very angry :D

Cross
June 30th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Apparently, I like the uber users. My Yanmega owns them alone. XD

Ichida
June 30th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Vitamins are useful even for serious EV training. You feed them ten vitamins for whichever stats you're EV training, then you only have another 152 EV points left to ascertain manually.

Jirachi3
June 30th, 2007, 12:00 PM
i always start off a good ev training with 10 vitamins in the stat im training and trust me, it helps. Some people think its 'cheap' and call you 'lazy' for doing it, but just think of it as..."advanced playing"