PDA

View Full Version : Ash and Paul's Chimchar?

Chibaymega12
June 29th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Ok, well i have a theory about ash's mystery fire poke. I think, eventually, that in a battle against ash, Chimchar loses and costs Paul the match, making Paul think that Chimchar is as useless as all the other pokemon he's set free. So he either tosses the ball to Ash and says some snotty remark like chimchar deserves to be with a pathetic trainer like ash, or he does the whole release thingy with the blue light from the pokeball and walks off and ash decides to take chimchar under his wing
then, much much later, in a Pokemon league tournament match and it comes down to the final match and ash releases chimchar or whatever evo it is and it beats pauls elekid evo and ash whens the match

feel free to leave comments

diamondpearl876
June 29th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Could happen. With Paul's attitude, it's very likely.

Ash could also just get a Ponyta.. but that's from 1st generation so probably not.

Good theory.

Chibaymega12
June 29th, 2007, 03:37 PM
thanx

i cant really think of ash with a ponyta, if he wanted one, he had a thousand chances in Kanto

Mr.Altosax
June 29th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Wow...that would be cool. Though I doubt that Chimchar would just get handed to Ash, more likely he'd be battling Paul, Chimchar loses and gets released, then Ash meets up with him later and catches it. Of course, I doubt that Ash will get his Chimchar, because this way everyone (except Brock) gets a starter. I'm hoping for a nice showdown between Pikachu and Elekid.

Ayano Katagiri
June 29th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I suppose it could happen, but Chimchar is Paul's Shinou starter, I don't really expect him to release it. I mean... it did do well in the gym battles, and he was satisfied enough with the result.

Maybe Ashy just won't have a fire type this time round.
i cant really think of ash with a ponyta, if he wanted one, he had a thousand chances in Kanto
Well there was that ep where Ash rode the Rapidash ages ago... so maybe there's a chance.

diamondpearl876
June 29th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I can't imagine him with one, either. Has anyone seen him own a Pokemon outside of the region he was in, besides Pikachu and maybe Donphan (Don't remember when he got it) and the ones he just uses to bring ni leagues? The writers want people to see the new Sinnoh Pokemon in action, not ones we've seen many years before.

Rivvon
June 29th, 2007, 05:36 PM
The writers want people to see the new Sinnoh Pokemon in action, not ones we've seen many years before.

That's true, but it's not like we saw much of Ponyta. Like Flavaquil said, only two episodes, and Ash seemed a bit attached to the Ponyta - which is why it evolved.

About the theory, yeah, it's likely that Paul would release Chimchar if it lost a battle, but it was his starting Pokemon, so I don't really think it would be even like Paul to release his Chimchar. If Ash does get a Chimchar (which would be unusual, I don't remember Ash having the same Pokemon as one of the other main characters in any other seasons) it would probably be a different one, and it can battle against Paul's (like Ash's Turtwig battled against Gardenia's)

Star★Seeker
June 29th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I don't thik so, Chimchy has done well and Paul likes it even if he's a little hard.Ash won't get a fire type.Maybe he'll get Skorupi and Snover.

Myzou
June 29th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Actually, I'd consider it MUCH more likely Chimchar would see how Ash treats his pokemon in a battle and turn on Paul...

But I'm still stickin with the Cyndaquil/Ponyta as his fire pokemon theory =D

Ichikool
June 29th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Ehh, maybe a Growlithe? ^^; I can't really see Paul releasing his Chimchar. Oh yeah, he could get Cindaqil back I guess... ^^;

diamondpearl876
June 29th, 2007, 06:44 PM
That's true, but it's not like we saw much of Ponyta. Like Flavaquil said, only two episodes, and Ash seemed a bit attached to the Ponyta - which is why it evolved.

About the theory, yeah, it's likely that Paul would release Chimchar if it lost a battle, but it was his starting Pokemon, so I don't really think it would be even like Paul to release his Chimchar. If Ash does get a Chimchar (which would be unusual, I don't remember Ash having the same Pokemon as one of the other main characters in any other seasons) it would probably be a different one, and it can battle against Paul's (like Ash's Turtwig battled against Gardenia's)

Ah I forgot Ash had Turtwig. x.x

Ash has only gotten one starter Pokemon lately. They might stick to that, so yeah.. Now I don't know if he'll get Chimchar.

Maybe he just won't get a fire pokemon at all. Yeah, we'll see his team eventually at least.. Won't be a mystery like the GS ball.

Myzou
June 29th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Ehh, maybe a Growlithe? ^^; I can't really see Paul releasing his Chimchar. Oh yeah, he could get Cindaqil back I guess... ^^;

James has a growlithe. Main characters never share the same pokemon =D

Ichikool
June 29th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Desuuu, I forgot about that. >.<;
Well then... I'll just wait until it happens, because I dunno. =D

Caleb290
June 29th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I think that in one episode ash will see a very hurt chimchar laying in the middle of nowhere and ash gets it and sees that it is pauls so ash takes it to a pokemon center and then they are all talking about what could of happened and at first chimchar doesnt like ash but then it see all his other pokemon happy and paul comes in and say oh there is that stupid pathetic chimchar again and ash says "WHAT!!!" and paul says my stupid chimchar wouldnt listen to a word I said and it was to week for me anyways so I left it there and ash is just completly freaking out and trys to punch paul but brock and dawn stop him and nurse joy and officer jenny come in and break it up and paul gets in trouble for pokemon endangerment so chimchar likes ash more now and decides to go with ash :D that is whats going to happen

Esupio
June 29th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I think that in one episode ash will see a very hurt chimchar laying in the middle of nowhere and ash gets it and sees that it is pauls so ash takes it to a pokemon center and then they are all talking about what could of happened and at first chimchar doesnt like ash but then it see all his other pokemon happy and paul comes in and say oh there is that stupid pathetic chimchar again and ash says "WHAT!!!" and paul says my stupid chimchar wouldnt listen to a word I said and it was to week for me anyways so I left it there and ash is just completly freaking out and trys to punch paul but brock and dawn stop him and nurse joy and officer jenny come in and break it up and paul gets in trouble for pokemon endangerment so chimchar likes ash more now and decides to go with ash :D that is whats going to happen

didn't something like that happen with the charmander ash got?

Ayano Katagiri
June 29th, 2007, 11:47 PM
James has a growlithe. Main characters never share the same pokemon =D

Well umm... not completely. May had both Bulbasaur and Squirtle....

Myzou
June 30th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Well umm... not completely. May had both Bulbasaur and Squirtle....

Well, true, XD But staple characters havent had same pokemon... there... yea... *shifty eyes*

Forci Stikane
June 30th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Well, true, XD But staple characters havent had same pokemon... there... yea... *shifty eyes*

Let us not forget that, for quite a few episodes, May and Jessie BOTH had Wurmples...and at the same time, no less.

I personally wouldn't mind Ash taking one of Paul's released Pokemon and creaming him with it. I guess that Chimchar WOULD be a perfect example...

X-Files
June 30th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Ash is not getting Chimchar hes going to get Magmar and its going to evolve in the same epy and it will be Magmotar that same epy Paul comes out with his Elekibale and BOom baby battle Paul Loses curse ot his lil Elekid thingy and Bam leaves thats what I think.

Chibaymega12
June 30th, 2007, 07:55 AM
[FONT=Century Gothic]I suppose it could happen, but Chimchar is Paul's Shinou starter, I don't really expect him to release it. I mean... it did do well in the gym battles, and he was satisfied enough with the result.

He never said officially that Chimchar was his starter, nor did professor rowan know him when he whitnessed their battle. I think Elekid is his first pokemon, seeing that its way more powerful than any of his other pokes, and Paul seems much closer to Elekid too, well as close as Paul CAN get to a pokemon....

My main reason for beleiving this is that Rowan didn't seem to know him. And he would, because the prof is supposed to be there when a new trainer gets its first pokemon

weedle_mchairybug
June 30th, 2007, 02:06 PM
He never said officially that Chimchar was his starter, nor did professor rowan know him when he whitnessed their battle. I think Elekid is his first pokemon, seeing that its way more powerful than any of his other pokes, and Paul seems much closer to Elekid too, well as close as Paul CAN get to a pokemon....

My main reason for beleiving this is that Rowan didn't seem to know him. And he would, because the prof is supposed to be there when a new trainer gets its first pokemon

Not necessarily, He could have gotten his Chimchar from the Veilstone City Pokemon Center (since it was proven in the anime that the Nurse Joys in the various towns do give starter pokemon to people from towns that didn't have a regional (or at least a district, as was the case of "The Heartbreak of Brock") Pokemon Professor/ was too far away from a town that had a Pokemon Professor (they hinted at it in "Don't touch that 'Dile" and was confirmed in the Hoenn episode where Team Rocket tried to capture all three starter Pokemon and a Wailord).). though you do have a point in regards to Elekid, but, then again, some of the characters in pokemon had caught pokemon that were stronger than possibly even their own starting pokemon (E.G. Misty caught a Gyarados, and that was much stronger than her starter pokemon (I would say either Staryu, Starmie, or Goldeen) and also showed so much attachment that could even rival their own starter pokemon (Again, see Misty and her Gyarados.).

As for the topic, yeah, it is theoretically possible, Though not likely that Ash could end up with his Chimchar, if Paul basically got fed up with it's "Patheticness" (Though we first saw it lose against Ash's Aipom, it was hinted in that same battle that his Chimchar fought many battles before and lost quite a bit (Paul: (while recalling Chimchar) Still as weak as usual, eh!?).), since it was his starter and all, but then again, Damian did abandon his Charmander, even though technically it might not have been his starter (He mentioned that he "Caught" Charmander, though then again, he could have been using the term extremely loosely to count any pokemon he got in someway or another as being caught.). If not that, then he could still capture a pokemon of a past Generation in there (it's not like any of them HAVE to capture pokemon in that generation, since Ash also brought Aipom into Sinnoh (even if Aipom was a stowaway, he still took her with, and even if she was caught in a filler region, she still accompanied him into Sinnoh. Plus, there is also that chance that it will not evolve.), Plus, Brock also has a Gen II Pokemon with him in a Gen IV environment (Sudowoodo), Sudowoodo may have evolved from a Gen IV pokemon (Bonsly) that he brought into the region, but he is still a Gen II pokemon regardless on how you look at it.), In fact, out of all of the main trio (or the entire main cast), the only one whose party is exclusively Gen-IV Pokemon is Dawn.

anyways, that is all i have to say.

Rivvon
June 30th, 2007, 02:47 PM

Yeah, but, he could have...stolen it >.> And weedle_mchairybug makes a pretty good point, too - Elekid could just simply be more powerful than Chimchar. Your starter might not always be your strongest Pokemon (it certainly wasn't in my Emerald Version xP)

I'm hoping this is not off-topic, but how can we be certain Ash will get a fire-type? Was something mentioned? I just want to make sure on this...

Caleb290
June 30th, 2007, 02:56 PM
didn't something like that happen with the charmander ash got?

0__o maybe... well not completly paul is a bigger jerk

Chibaymega12
June 30th, 2007, 04:56 PM
you some good points weedle

@rivvon: we don't know, but if history is any indicator, ash always gets a fire grass water and flying type pokemon, so its very likely that he will get a fire pokemon

as for the theories conserning Magby, Ponyta, Cyndaqyil, etc. i'd be perfectly happy with it if ash caught more than he needed to like he did in Kanto and Johto, and not just enough to get by, i like to see ash broadening his choice pokemon in a region

Hurley
July 3rd, 2007, 09:40 PM
Good idea but i hope not i don't like chimcra

Voltrex
July 5th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I don't thik so, Chimchy has done well and Paul likes it even if he's a little hard.Ash won't get a fire type.Maybe he'll get Skorupi and Snover.

Ha Ha, skropui and snover.... You make me LOL.

Rad_Riardos
July 5th, 2007, 08:47 AM
That's very possible. Besides Magmortar and Heatran, Chimchar and it's evolutions are the only 4th gen fire types. And I doubt there gonna give Ash such powerful pokemon.

Nekonron
July 5th, 2007, 09:11 AM
I'll stick to the idea of either a magby or magmortar :D

Or maybe an Arcanine. Those are pretty rare.

Ayano Katagiri
July 5th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Or maybe an Arcanine. Those are pretty rare.
I think that'd be less likely, they aren't that rare. A number of the Officer Jennys have them, after Growlithe evolving... and usually, you don't get main characters sharing the same Pokemon.

Shinji_
July 6th, 2007, 12:34 PM
This is like CHARMANDER..Pokemon is just moving through with a patter..chibay your theory is Almost correct..Do you guys remember the time when that guy let go of his charmander becuase he thought it was weak and they left it out there in the rain and then ash misty and brock saved it and ash got to keep it after...Same thing paul might release his chimchar and say its useless it probably will be in pain just sitting there and then ash will take it to a pokemon centre just like what happened in the first season <_< pokemon= getting a little bit repetitive.

diamondpearl876
July 6th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I think that'd be less likely, they aren't that rare. A number of the Officer Jennys have them, after Growlithe evolving... and usually, you don't get main characters sharing the same Pokemon.

didn't we already discuss that?

Ash and May had a squirtle and bulbasaur.
James and Officer Jenny had/have a Growlithe
and so on O_o;

Rivvon
July 6th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Yes, some main characters have the same Pokemon, but...Gary had an Arcanine. o.o I don't think Ash would get one for that reason, or because Arcanine isn't so popular...

ChibiGingi
July 9th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I actually want to see a repeat of the Hoenn series and each of the main characters have a starter. Ash already has Turtwig, Dawn has Piplup, so I think I'd be content if Brock either obtained Paul's Chimchar if or when Paul releases him, or obtain a different one in the series.

Mitch
July 10th, 2007, 06:01 AM
it might happen. chimchar deserves a better trainer. paul is a jerk. i think his starter was elekid

Pirouette ♪
July 10th, 2007, 06:11 AM
you some good points weedle

@rivvon: we don't know, but if history is any indicator, ash always gets a fire grass water and flying type pokemon, so its very likely that he will get a fire pokemon

as for the theories conserning Magby, Ponyta, Cyndaqyil, etc. i'd be perfectly happy with it if ash caught more than he needed to like he did in Kanto and Johto, and not just enough to get by, i like to see ash broadening his choice pokemon in a region

You made a good point. Ash had got the "main" flying type in every series. He got pigiot, noctowl, swellow and starly

Chibaymega12
July 11th, 2007, 01:16 PM
about Brock having a chimchar, i think thats also very likely, but if he does catch one, it'll prolly be after chimchar evolves on Paul's team if Paul decides to keep it, also, i think its also likely if the paul releasing chimchar thing happens to Brock instead of ash without the pokemon league junk

if Ash doesn't get Paul's chimchy, or a chimchar after Paul's evolves, i think he's gonna go without a fire type

Charizard_Man
July 11th, 2007, 01:21 PM
I believe Ash will get the Chimchar, there aren't that many fire types in Sinnoh though.

misty-slave09
July 11th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I think that Ash is gonna get cyndaquil from professor oak for a battle and then after the battle cyndaquil is gonna wanna stay with Ash and then it will most likely evolve into a quilava.

Nekonron
July 12th, 2007, 05:05 AM
I think that Ash is gonna get cyndaquil from professor oak for a battle and then after the battle cyndaquil is gonna wanna stay with Ash and then it will most likely evolve into a quilava.

There really isn't any reason for Ash to do that though. He might as well grab some of his other stronger Pokemon from Prof. Oak while he's at it. Unless of course its a specific request from Oak for some reason or other that requires Ash to handle that Cyndaquil.

Chibaymega12
July 12th, 2007, 06:57 AM
@misty: Ash has stated several times in the jap anime that he doesn't want to bring any of his other pokemon, and i believe he stated the same thing before his and Roarks gym battle in the eng anime, so dont get your hopes up

PoisonOwnzYou
July 12th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Well...the theory that Chimchar is good and it wins..Paul released a starly that beat ash's starly and he still released it. Also I also hope Ash expands the choice of pokemon he catches. He should have had a haunter or Alakazam in kanto.

Deathtolight
July 15th, 2007, 07:45 AM
i was just watching the 10th movie trailer on youtube and there was a chimchar firing up a hot air baloon that ash and co were in. so maybe ash does get paul's chimchar

Hydross
July 15th, 2007, 12:17 PM
i was just watching the 10th movie trailer on youtube and there was a chimchar firing up a hot air baloon that ash and co were in. so maybe ash does get paul's chimchar

I really doubt that. That chimchar probably belongs to that new girl who's with them in the movie.

NocturnLeader
July 15th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I think ash will stumble upon Paul "dealing" with Chimchar in an unfair way (Beating on him) for losing a match and not Obeying him.

Ash then starts to protect Chimchar and then, Chimchar looks at Ash as the trainer it wants to be with and chooses not to go with Paul so Paul says, "Fine let losers be with Losers, I don't need a Wimpy Pathetic pokemon like you anyway."

And thus Ash gets Chimchar.

SBaby
July 15th, 2007, 01:07 PM

The thing is, they're trying to sell the D/P Pokemon, not the G/S Pokemon. I doubt they'd let Ash bring back Cyndaquil for anything but a single episode.

PokemonRox
July 15th, 2007, 01:10 PM
that might happen since thats pauls attitude..

~PokemonRox:t135:

weedle_mchairybug
July 15th, 2007, 03:15 PM
The thing is, they're trying to sell the D/P Pokemon, not the G/S Pokemon. I doubt they'd let Ash bring back Cyndaquil for anything but a single episode.

Though you do have a point about the trying to sell D/P, that doesn't necssarily mean that he can't bring in Cyndaquil. By that logic, then Ash would never have brought Aipom along (stowaway or not, he still let her come with. Besides, as I had said before, there is still that chance where Aipom will not evolve into Ambipom (not that I don't want her to evolve, since I am open-minded to it either way, it's just that, as I said, it could go either way.).) and Brock's Bonsly would never have evolved into Sudowoodo (and not to mention that Team Rocket will only have brought Mime Jr. as one of their pokemon for the region (I'm not counting Carnivine since he was caught in the region (well, technically not caught, but you know what I mean.) (Besides Meowth, for obvious reasons). No offense, just trying to make a point.

Anyways, in regards to the topic, since he already has gotten the flying type and the grass type, it seems inevitable that he will get a fire type in some way or another (otherwise, why would he have gotten the flying type and the grass type already). Now, he may not get Chimchar, but that doesn't rule out other previous gen fire-type pokemon. If they were able to let Bonsly evolve into Sudowoodo in this generation AND let Aipom come along, as well as let Team Rocket keep their previous gen pokemon while journeying to Sinnoh, I'm pretty sure that they will allow Ash to capture a fire type in some way or another.

NocturnLeader
July 15th, 2007, 03:50 PM
maybe he gets a Magmar when Pauls elekid evolves!

Perfect logic! Sinc they are going to evolve again!

Chibaymega12
July 15th, 2007, 07:35 PM
@ weedle: about selling dp pokemon, they already sold bonsly, Meowth is a main character, and Aipom is going to evolve somewhere along the line, so yeah, pokemon from previous generations that don't have a 4th gen evolutions ARE ruled out, deal with that fact, no offence

weedle_mchairybug
July 16th, 2007, 04:51 AM
@ weedle: about selling dp pokemon, they already sold bonsly, Meowth is a main character, and Aipom is going to evolve somewhere along the line, so yeah, pokemon from previous generations that don't have a 4th gen evolutions ARE ruled out, deal with that fact, no offence

Listen, about those points, Bonsly may have already been "sold" so to speak, but that doesn't mean it HAD to evolve. If they truly wanted to solely market the 4th gen pokemon/pokemon that evolve into 4th gen pokemon as you and everyone else has been saying, then they would have kept it as a Bonsly rather than have it just evolve into Sudowoodo. And about Meowth, I know that he is a main character. As a matter of fact, I even stated in my previous post that I wasn't counting Meowth for that reason (I.E. "Besides Meowth, for obvious reasons".). And lastly, in regards to Aipom, although I do also think that it might evolve as well as that it might not evolve, unless the writers flat-out stated in an interview (or even hinted at the very least) that it was indeed going to evolve, then we have absolutely no way of knowing other than from speculation. Before anyone mentions that the writers allowed it to go to Sinnoh, therefore it is destined to evolve, that doesn't really mean anything. JJM (I'm trying to avoid saying Team Rocket since that would mean the entire organization.) also let their Wobbuffet, Cacnea, Dustox, and Seviper come to Sinnoh, and those guys aren't D/P Pokemon, don't evolve into D/P pokemon, nor do they even have D/P pre-evolutions. Plus, way back in AG, they also allowed Arbok, Weezing, and Wobbuffet to come into Hoenn, and with the sole exception of Wobbuffet (he had a RSE pre-evolution, Wynaut), none of them were RSE Pokemon, didn't evolve into RSE Pokemon, nor did they, with the sole exception of Wobbuffet, have a RSE pre-evolution. Plus, back in AG, Brock allowed his foretress to come with, and that wasn't a RSE pokemon, didn't evolve into a RSE pokemon, nor did it even have a RSE Pre-evolution. So just because it comes into a region it technically doesn't belong in, doesn't really mean it is guaranteed to evolve, even those pokemon that do evolve into pokemon in said region. No offense to anyone, just stating some points.

Anyways, to the topic, yes, I am sure of Ash getting a fire type this region (otherwise, he wouldn't have caught Starly and Turtwig, since those lead up to fire types in the past gens.) even if it means letting him catch previous gen pokemon or raising Paul's Chimchar if Paul basically ditches it.

Chibaymega12
July 16th, 2007, 04:59 AM
okay, now i get your point, i just don't think it's likely for ASH to have a team, with the exception of pikachu, that comes from many regions instead of the one he's in, as much as i don't like it

Chibaymega12
July 20th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Paul is beggining to get sick of chimchar, YAY

ChrisG14
July 20th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Paul is beggining to get sick of chimchar, YAY

Maybe he did the same thing to his Turtwig. Maybe he called it weak and pathetic when he first started his journey, to unlock it's full potential. He said Chimchar has hidden potential, so maybe this is his way of helping it reach it's true power.

Chibaymega12
July 20th, 2007, 07:32 AM
hmmmmmm, maybe, thats a good thought

PoisonOwnzYou
July 20th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Maybe he did the same thing to his Turtwig. Maybe he called it weak and pathetic when he first started his journey, to unlock it's full potential. He said Chimchar has hidden potential, so maybe this is his way of helping it reach it's true power.

Maybe.....I think Paul will abandon Chimchar, and then leave it there, but secretly spy on it like a stalker, and while the weird monkey thing is bawling it's eyes out, it evolves into monferno and paul takes it back. pretty much same idea.

Scarlet Weather
July 21st, 2007, 05:44 AM
Hey, wake up, people. I'm not sure the writers of Pokemon are ready to recycle the whole Charmander Chimchar gets abandoned by Damian Paul for a few reasons.

First off, D/P Pokemon are the staple. May I point out that Aipom has a fourth generation evolution, and Bonsly evolving into Sudowoodo does not necessarily mean that fourth-gen Pokemon aren't being sold? I think the point of Bonsly evolving was to remind all of us that Bonsly is in fact the pre-evo of something.

In addition, it would actually be out of character for Paul to release Chimchar. Have you noticed that every single time he has released a Pokemon, with the exception of Azumarill, he has done it after or almost immediately after capturing them? Actually, come to think of it, there's no way to prove that Azumarill wasn't a recent capture as well, unless someone out there knows more then I do. This leads me to believe that Paul doesn't just randomly throw Pokemon he's been carrying around forever away- he makes an initial guesstimate of their power and lets 'em go or keeps the little buggers, depending on his mood. You'll notice that Elekid, Chimchar, and Torterra at least, have been with him for a while and seem to identify with him.

Moving on from that, there's no reason Ash needs a fire type. He didn't have one in Battle Frontier, he doesn't need one now. In fact, I'm strongly leaning towards the idea that the writers are slowly moving away from the type-showcasing trend, and trying to show off other types.

Jim
July 21st, 2007, 07:59 AM
Hmm... Not forgetting that Battle Frontier was a Filler Arc and that the writers recycle the same thing every Episode near enough atleast.

weedle_mchairybug
July 21st, 2007, 09:40 AM
Ok. look, no offense, Art Critic Cubone, but i kind of disagree with you on some points.

First off, D/P Pokemon are the staple. May I point out that Aipom has a fourth generation evolution, and Bonsly evolving into Sudowoodo does not necessarily mean that fourth-gen Pokemon aren't being sold? I think the point of Bonsly evolving was to remind all of us that Bonsly is in fact the pre-evo of something.

no offense, but even if we dismiss Aipom and Bonsly as promoting the 4th gen (even though Bonsly is debatable, considering that even young kids would know that Bonsly evolved into Sudowoodo thanks to the Pokemon Strategy guides having pictures.), we still have Team Rocket's pokemon. I mean, while you could argue that Meowth is only in it because he is the face of Team Rocket (similar to how people thought Pikachu was the face of Ash’s Group. (And in essence, the franchise)), the other pre-gen pokemon (Cacnea, Dustox, Seviper, and Wobbuffet) aren’t even supposed to be there at all if the writers were only going to focus on Gen-IV Pokemon. I mean, none of them are new pokemon introduced in Gen IV, nor do they have evolutions for Gen IV, nor do they even have Gen IV Pre-evolutions. In fact, out of all the AG Gen III Pokemon that JJM Caught in Someway or another, the only one that even fits with Gen IV is James’ Chimecho (since it has a Pre-evo in that region), and that Pokemon is currently recovering from an illness while Mime Jr. Takes over!

In addition, it would actually be out of character for Paul to release Chimchar. Have you noticed that every single time he has released a Pokemon, with the exception of Azumarill, he has done it after or almost immediately after capturing them? Actually, come to think of it, there's no way to prove that Azumarill wasn't a recent capture as well, unless someone out there knows more then I do. This leads me to believe that Paul doesn't just randomly throw Pokemon he's been carrying around forever away- he makes an initial guesstimate of their power and lets 'em go or keeps the little buggers, depending on his mood. You'll notice that Elekid, Chimchar, and Torterra at least, have been with him for a while and seem to identify with him.

While I do somewhat agree with you in regards to that (the whole thing about only releasing captures that were recent), that doesn’t necessarily mean that he can’t release it, period. Need I Remind you that He released the Starly with Aerial Ace despite the fact that he won against Ash’s Starly? And anyways, considering that His Chimchar was defeated more times than it won on screen (currently 3 losses and 1 win) and was hinted at the very same episode of it’s debut that it lost quite a bit before he met Ash (he said “Still as weak as Usual, eh?” After it lost to Aipom.) He might eventually find it to be a lost cause and then release it. Though he might not go as far of releasing it as Damian did (like leaving it out there to die in the rain), it might still be very harsh. Though I wouldn’t go so far as to say that it is OOC of Paul, what would be OOC for him is suddenly having him act like Ash with his Pokemon.

Moving on from that, there's no reason Ash needs a fire type. He didn't have one in Battle Frontier, he doesn't need one now. In fact, I'm strongly leaning towards the idea that the writers are slowly moving away from the type-showcasing trend, and trying to show off other types.

So? He didn’t really have a grass-type or a flying type in Battle Frontier, either, and that didn’t really stop him from catching Starly/Staravia and Turtwig (And before you mention Swellow and Grovyle/Sceptile, those don’t count since he brought them over from HOENN, he never caught them within the Kanto region, which is what I assume what you meant by never having one in BF, now if you meant one on his team, I wouldn’t really say that considering that he used Torkoal in his first match against Brandon. (the Registeel match)) No offense to you or anyone else, Art Critic Cubone, Just Stating some points.

Anyways, as I have stated before, he just might get a fire type this region since he already caught a flying type and a grass type (if they truly didn't him to get the fire type, they also wouldn't have given him the grass type and the flying type.), just because it is the 4th gen doesn't really mean that they can't have pre-gen pokemon (as evidenced by the likes of Ash's Ambipom, Brock's Sudowoodo, and the majority of Team Rockets pokemon (really, besides Meowth since he is the face of team rocket, none of their pokemon should be in this region considering that none of them have any relation to Generation 4, IF the writers were indeed intending to market only 4th Gen Pokemon, which I sincerely doubt considering Sudowoodo, Aipom, and the majority of Team Rocket's Pokemon.), heck, he might even catch a pre-gen fire type.

Scarlet Weather
July 22nd, 2007, 11:31 AM
Alright, me wee hairy buggy, time to go back over some things.

It really made sense for Ash to have Grovyle and Swellow brought over from Hoenn, seeing as Battle Frontier is partially based on Emerald version. Don't forget that. And I only meant that Ash didn't have a set fire type on his team during Battle Frontier, that's all. He switched in Pokemon occasionally, but he never actually carried a fire type around with him. If you wanted to point out Torkoal, by the by, I'll go one better: he called in Charizard twice, once against Nolan's Articuno and once to kick Brandon's tail during the vs. Regice match. My only point is that Ash's staple team need not be composed of the usual Flying/Grass/Water/Fire/Pikachu/Other setup.

Moving on from here, releasing the Aerial Ace Starly doesn't count, since Paul let it go fairly shortly after he captured it, which proves my point: thus far in the series, Paul has not released any Pokemon that he has owned for any significant length of time. I mean, he's got a Torterra, so he must be able to hold onto these Pokemon for a while.

Rocket-Dan don't count. There's an easy explanation for how Wobuffect, Cacnea, and the rest are all still included, and that explanation is that the writers haven't come up with another easy way to explain why they would leave all their Pokemon behind. *cough* Chronicles *cough*. Anyway, the majority of the Pokemon are still D/P related, or D/P exclusive. It's most likely, therefore, that if Ash does indeed receive a fire type, it will be a Pokemon that can be found only in Diamond and Pearl, or its pre-evo.

weedle_mchairybug
July 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
Alright, me wee hairy buggy, time to go back over some things.

It really made sense for Ash to have Grovyle and Swellow brought over from Hoenn, seeing as Battle Frontier is partially based on Emerald version. Don't forget that. And I only meant that Ash didn't have a set fire type on his team during Battle Frontier, that's all. He switched in Pokemon occasionally, but he never actually carried a fire type around with him. If you wanted to point out Torkoal, by the by, I'll go one better: he called in Charizard twice, once against Nolan's Articuno and once to kick Brandon's tail during the vs. Regice match. My only point is that Ash's staple team need not be composed of the usual Flying/Grass/Water/Fire/Pikachu/Other setup.

Moving on from here, releasing the Aerial Ace Starly doesn't count, since Paul let it go fairly shortly after he captured it, which proves my point: thus far in the series, Paul has not released any Pokemon that he has owned for any significant length of time. I mean, he's got a Torterra, so he must be able to hold onto these Pokemon for a while.

Rocket-Dan don't count. There's an easy explanation for how Wobuffect, Cacnea, and the rest are all still included, and that explanation is that the writers haven't come up with another easy way to explain why they would leave all their Pokemon behind. *cough* Chronicles *cough*. Anyway, the majority of the Pokemon are still D/P related, or D/P exclusive. It's most likely, therefore, that if Ash does indeed receive a fire type, it will be a Pokemon that can be found only in Diamond and Pearl, or its pre-evo.

Look, no offense, but even if they appeared in the region in the games, that doesn't necessarily warrant them to bring them INTO the region. Need I remind you that they released Arbok and Weezing very early in Hoenn despite the latter being in RSE (well, not quite there as in being able to catch it in the wild, but you can catch it's first form, Koffing, in the game), they could have done the exact same thing with the rest of them, save for Mime Jr and Meowth. Also, anyone notice how, thanks to AG, that the fanbase believes that the main characters can only catch pokemon that are introduced in the respective generation of the region. Well, thanks to the likes of Aipom, Sudowoodo, and the majority of JJM's non-Meowth Pokemon, that thing has proved them wrong. In fact, they were easily proved wrong as early as when brock brought Foretress along, and as late as when May caught that Bulbasaur of hers, though the fanbase seems to dismiss them as "not having Gen III pokemon in Johto" and "Advertisement Fodder", respectively. No offense to any of those who think this, just stating some stuff leaning to the contrary. Besides, I don't see why JJM wouldn't count, considering that way back in AG, they had exclusively Gen III- related pokemon (yes, wobbuffet too, considering that it has a pre-evo that was introduced in the region) at their disposal till Battle Frontier (when Mime Jr. Came Along).

And anyways, in regards to their not having to follow that pattern that was still very much established in season 1, while that may be true, the only way they would have did it is if they DIDN'T allow Ash to catch Starly and Turtwig either, I mean, they could have just as easily tried to asked a Shinx if it has seen a girl named Dawn that currently is in possession of Ash's Pikachu (yeah, I know, it would be very unrealistic, but then again this is a show with people surviving insanely high falls, elementally charged critters, and other stuff.) and they could have just as easily had a Riolu guarding some wild pokemon and Ash's Pikachu rather than having Turtwig do that job in it's debut episode. but the thing is, they still let him catch the flying and grass pokemon. so if they still let him catch a flying type (Starly/Staravia) and a Grass type (Turtwig), you can sure bet that they will allow Ash to capture a Fire type, one way or another. no offense to you or anyone, I'm just saying that they would have completely done away with the pattern if they didn't even want Ash to get a fire type this region.

And while it is true that Paul released the Aerial Ace Starly, it did at least beat Ash's Starly, and since he desires pokemon that are very strong, wouldn't his Starly beating Ash's Starly at least mean something to him? no offense, just saying...

Chibaymega12
July 23rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
okay, all of this fifteen page posts have to stop, try to make you post short and to the point

any ways, i don't think paul has had chimchar long, it would have put up a better fight against aipom, but no one knows right now

RSL
July 23rd, 2007, 02:29 PM
Only the writers precisely know what will happen... Almost everyone thought May's Combusken woudn't evolve because "it just wouldn't suit her", guess what? It evolved and beat Ash's Sceptile. My thoughts:After Paul ditches it, Brock will get it! *gets ready for a series of nays*

Chibaymega12
July 23rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
it didn't beat ash's septile, it was a tie

any ways, i'm thinking taht it may go to brock too, but i still thnk ash mostly, it'll kill me if it goes to brock

Scarlet Weather
July 23rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Weedle, Weedle, I'm fairly sure that I said that the writers are gradually moving away from the pattern. Emphasis on gradually. Plus, I'm not sure that they'd just randomly throw in Magmar unless they were desperate.

And Jimz, I don't think of Battle Frontier as a filler arc, mostly because some of the best episodes in the series, IMO, take place during it. In addition, while the writers do recycle many common things, the "abandoned Pokemon" thing is way too distinctive, and it is one of the few things that hasn't translated over to the other generations.

In addition, I think that you're missing my point about Paul, Weedle-boy. [/Pegasus] The point isn't that Paul releases Pokemon that aren't strong enough, it's that once he makes an initial go-over of a Pokemon's strength, he makes a final decision about its fate. Don't forget that he did save it from Team Rocket at least once. And on top of that, if Paul has kept Chimchar even though it tends to lose, doesn't that mean that he has at least some kind of affection for it? He isn't a complete robot, y'know.

On top of that, if he did release Chimchar, it would probably end up with Brock, given the recent "One starter apiece" trend.

You know, come to think of it, I'm wondering why I'm debating this, other then Paul releasing Chimchar just doesn't seem right. Knowing the writers, they might just have that happen, since they've done crazier and more repetitive junk in the past.

Avolition
July 23rd, 2007, 10:53 PM
1: Ash has only gotten grass starters for a while. I think they'd follow that tradition.

2: I think Ash isn't going to get a fire type, but continue beating Gym Leaders with a Pokemon that has a type disadvantage. *coughs and looks at the episode where Ash beats Blaine's Rhydon with Pikachu*

Hiroshi Sotomura
July 23rd, 2007, 11:58 PM
Members aren't under any obligations to request control of the contents of other users' posts.

Remember now, people, that the Sinnoh region has very few native fire types. To point out clearly, Sinnoh's local Pokédex doesn't include any fire types besides the evolution trees of Chimchar and Ponyta.

Jim
July 24th, 2007, 03:40 AM
And even with that, the writers make a point of only giving him Pokemon from the newest Generation (In a Main Arc anyway) so that only leaves the Magmortar line and Chimchar line (also Heatran but can you see him getting a Legendary?), not forggeting that I don't think the National Dex restrictions apply in the Anime as they've already seen lot's of pre-generational wild Pokemon. (Like all the Birds in Staravia is Born) I

Akio123
July 24th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Well yeah especialyl since Pau has both an Ursaring and an Elekid.

Chibaymega12
July 24th, 2007, 01:13 PM
right, but i think it's only a matter of time before he releases ursaring, making room for another toughy

i don't know why he wants that stupid bird, ash coud've taken it down with his Turtwig

Avolition
July 24th, 2007, 01:45 PM
That would be yet another win for Ash with a type disadvantage. If he does get a fire type, it might either be Ponyta or Magmar or something, as Jimz said.

Akio123
July 24th, 2007, 01:54 PM
right, but i think it's only a matter of time before he releases ursaring, making room for another toughy

i don't know why he wants that stupid bird, ash coud've taken it down with his Turtwig
Elekid is still part of the national dex. And Lord knows he isn't gonan release his Elekid.

Scarlet Weather
July 24th, 2007, 03:09 PM
WAIT! THAT'S IT! ASH WILL GET HEATRAN, AND BECOME LORD OF SINNOH! WITH EJIPSHUN LAS3R BEEMS! [/Idiotica]

Okay, enough Abridged Movie references. No, the most obvious course, I'd say, is that Ash won't get a fixed fire type for his team. Come the big battles near the end, of course, he'll switch in for Charizard and whatnot, but I sincerely doubt that Ash will get a permanent fire type this season.

Sora_8920
July 24th, 2007, 03:19 PM
You never know if he'll get Heatran or not, has he ever gotten an Legendary before? no, so there's a possibilty he'll own one in one of the Movies, like how may got a hold of Munchlax. bu who knows? maybe he'll realease it like may did she realesed Manaphy, but got/had a close bond with it. especially at the end, where it said i love you May. it never said that before, it just said i Love You. and if ash doesn't Realease it, He'll just laugh at paul and say you'll never Defeat me again, Waaaaahaaaaaaa!! okay sorry, i got a liitle bit off-topic. Off-Topic, He will Become teh all Mighty Lord of Sinnoh, and Dawn/Brock will bow down in front of Ash!!! and Therefore, will become all mighty lord of Doom!!!

Chibaymega12
July 24th, 2007, 04:11 PM
He he, so Heatran is DEFFINATELY out of the question

Akio123
July 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Why didn't we see this sooner?! Heatran is definitely going to be his pokemon without a shadow of a doubt!^^

Chibaymega12
July 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM
xD, ok, thats enough, we can kiss Heatran's butt good bye on the anime

Akio123
July 24th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Yes, but I still think he should have a fire type. If not, what else I mean picture Ash with a psychic type for example. It realyl wouldn't fit.

Chibaymega12
July 24th, 2007, 04:44 PM
yea, i agree, he has to open spots, they have to go to a water and a fire type, but they may not, if they don't, then i imagine him with a Gabite evolving from Gible(it looking like sceptile/grovile may draw ash's attention) and a Riolu/Lucario. That would be awesome, then i bet he would substitute pokes in and out of the championships

Akio123
July 25th, 2007, 06:48 AM
That would be interesting. But, I doubt he'll get a Riolu.

Avolition
July 25th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Yeah, they'll probably do that Riley guy with a Lucario, and as said before, main characters don't get the same Pokemon unless on purpose. On purpose would be that Richie kid with the Pikachu. He might not even get a fire type, or he might bring one over from Professor Oak's lab or something. Isn't that where all his pokemon go?

Scarlet Weather
July 27th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Come to think of it, Ash is probably more likely to get a bug or a ground/rock type then anything else. Or maybe he'll pull a Dawn on us and capture a Pokemon of some other type that randomly knows flamethrower. *cough*Buneary's random knowledge of ice beam*cough*

Sora_8920
July 28th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Come to think of it, Ash is probably more likely to get a bug or a ground/rock type then anything else. Or maybe he'll pull a Dawn on us and capture a Pokemon of some other type that randomly knows flamethrower. *cough*Buneary's random knowledge of ice beam*cough*
What about an Arcues with a Fire/Flame Plate?

Chibaymega12
July 28th, 2007, 05:52 AM
naw, Arceus is a legendary, and can you really see ash with an Arceus, maybe Paul and Gary, but not ash

Akio123
July 28th, 2007, 06:18 AM
naw, Arceus is a legendary, and can you really see ash with an Arceus, maybe Paul and Gary, but not ash
Their point in the show is not to be owned. I mean it's suppose to be the god of all pokemon, I doubt he'd even let himself be associated with humans.

XD375
July 28th, 2007, 06:22 AM
James has a growlithe. Main characters never share the same pokemon =DMay got Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Anyway, a discussion like this came up on another forum way back in early October around the time the D/P anime premiered in Japan.

In Hoenn, May had received a Bulbasaur, with a sole purpose of being an advert for FireRed and LeafGreen. I am a strong believer in Gold and Silver remakes, so they can do the same for him with Cyndaquil.

I can see Dawn getting a Chikorita, too...

Chibaymega12
July 28th, 2007, 06:30 AM
okay, MAY DIDN'T HAVE BULBASAUR AND SQUIRTLE IN HER RESPECTIVE TEAM WHEN ASH HAD HIS IN HIS TEAM! GET IT STRAIGHT!

Akio123
July 28th, 2007, 06:46 AM
okay, MAY DIDN'T HAVE BULBASAUR AND SQUIRTLE IN HER RESPECTIVE TEAM WHEN ASH HAD HIS IN HIS TEAM! GET IT STRAIGHT!
That means Dawn still could catcha Chikorita.

Chibaymega12
July 28th, 2007, 06:52 AM
yes, naturally she could, but i don't think it'll be in Sinnoh, maybe the filler season after sinnoh

shadowboy166
July 30th, 2007, 01:26 AM
I agree. I think Ash might get Cyndaquil back.
Some people may be like "He won't bring pokemon back that he caught in prevous generations!"
Well i say he already did! In BF he used charizard, bulbasaur, and squirtale didn't he?

Chibaymega12
July 30th, 2007, 05:17 AM
yeah, but that was a filler season holding off for d/p-

Akio123
July 30th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Yeaha nd the reason theyhad to have the filler, is because D/P was barely planned at that point. Also due to poor planning, things like new fire pokemon wre pretty much neglected.

Chibaymega12
July 30th, 2007, 07:36 AM
well, actually, these are planned months in advance, but maybe that is why they have only a small number of 4th gen fire types

Akio123
July 30th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Well actually I read they had delay the planning and had some minimal ideas for Pokemon back then. As for few number of fire pokemon, I'm gonna stick with him catching a Magby or a Gible with random knowledge of flamethrower.

Chibaymega12
July 30th, 2007, 07:45 AM
yeah, thats what i was thinking, about gible anyways, because it's evolved forms kinda resimble sceptile and grovyle

Akio123
July 30th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah that;s true. Quite honestly, if Paul abandons Chimchar, it should go to Brock. Buddha knows it needs some nurturing and a good Breeder liek Takeshi can provide that.

MasterZ
July 30th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Ok, well i have a theory about ash's mystery fire poke. I think, eventually, that in a battle against ash, Chimchar loses and costs Paul the match, making Paul think that Chimchar is as useless as all the other pokemon he's set free. So he either tosses the ball to Ash and says some snotty remark like chimchar deserves to be with a pathetic trainer like ash, or he does the whole release thingy with the blue light from the pokeball and walks off and ash decides to take chimchar under his wing
then, much much later, in a Pokemon league tournament match and it comes down to the final match and ash releases chimchar or whatever evo it is and it beats pauls elekid evo and ash whens the match

feel free to leave comments

since when did ash get a fire pokemon in sinnoh?

Akio123
July 30th, 2007, 07:58 AM
He didjn't the point of this discussion is about what that fire pokemon maybe.

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 09:39 AM
MasterZ, i never said that ash did get a fire type, read it again!

Akio123
August 1st, 2007, 07:28 AM
In any case on with the discussion:

I don't understand how come there would not many fire types made in the 4th generation. I mean it's really between Magby and Chimchar.

Chibaymega12
August 1st, 2007, 09:21 AM
yeah, i'd say that too, and prolly in the filler after sinnoh that Magmar would evolve to Magmortar

Akio123
August 1st, 2007, 09:46 AM
That's if he does get Magby. Hoepfully he will, because there are no alternatives unless he gets a Gible or something.

Chibaymega12
October 18th, 2007, 05:53 PM
ha! I told all of you! I feel so special! :)

Bebetrunks
October 18th, 2007, 06:28 PM
It was already announced and is official because the episode was already aired that ash has chimchar...stop debating him! >.>

Chimchar is ash's fire pokemon of sinnoh!

Gymnotide
October 18th, 2007, 06:55 PM
It had better evolve into Infernape and beat the crud out of Paul, just to make him angry.

I would also like to mention to those people who say that Chimchar is Paul's first Pokemon: It's not. He chose Turtwig - the same one which evolved into Torterra and battled Cynthia's Garchomp.

melod.ii ous demyx~♪
October 18th, 2007, 07:46 PM
If Ash gets Chimchar now... (which imo, is a very awesome twist, albeit predictable to a fault!) ... then I bet it Will evolve into it's final stage, just like Charizard. Paul and Ash will have to battle in the league and Ash will beat Paul, with (the newly evolved) Monferno, because the monkey will be obedient. Unlike Charizard was.

Well, anyways, after that, Chimchar/Monferno will go back to Paul, because well... Paul's not a bad guy, he's just a perfectionist. And he'll want him back~

^^" err, yeah, that could happen.

Charaxes
October 18th, 2007, 08:46 PM
ha! I told all of you! I feel so special! :)

And you gravedug, so no special points for you! :bandit:

Locking.