PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News Three people have been arrested after a jeep was driven into the termin

Jaguarsfan2004
June 30th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Arrests After Burning Jeep Hits Airport
Updated: 17:16, Saturday June 30, 2007

Three people have been arrested after a jeep was driven into the terminal building at Glasgow airport and caught fire, police have confirmed.
Witnesses reported hearing a series of loud "bangs" and saw at least two men - one of whom was on fire - emerge from the vehicle.

The jeep on fireThere are reports of several injuries.

The Cherokee 4x4 smashed into a glass door at Terminal One of the airport, the busiest in Scotland, which has now been closed.

Witnesses said some of the hundreds of people in the area removed gas cylinders from the jeep before it caught fire.

But there are reports the men were trying to fling petrol onto the flames.

Scott Gleeson said he saw the jeep speed up and swerve towards the terminal at an angle to hit the door.

for live coverage of this breaking story news.sky.com/skynews/livenewsevents

Kyoko
June 30th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I heard about this, my Uncle is from Scotland and the airport is near his home so our family was pretty concerned about it.

I think that's sad that people would go around doing something like that. I just hope that no one was really hurt during it.

Jaguarsfan2004
June 30th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I heard about this, my Uncle is from Scotland and the airport is near his home so our family was pretty concerned about it.

I think that's sad that people would go around doing something like that. I just hope that no one was really hurt during it.

Have you heard from him????

Red1530
July 1st, 2007, 06:32 AM
Second terrorist event in two days, boy the terrorist have Britain marked.

Jaguarsfan2004
July 2nd, 2007, 11:28 AM
who's knows what will happen next if your in the UK please becareful

Suki
July 2nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Yeah, this is all over the news. I was scared because who knows what else is next after all these recent terrorist attempts. I have a gut feeling there will be more ahead unfortunately with all the car bomb attempts too, but really hope there won't or it will be a disaster. I live in UK so am just worried and scared. This really aren't the best days of Gordon Brown's new job as PM. I would imagine he's feeling the strain a bit.

Seremiya
July 4th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Yeah, this is all over the news. I was scared because who knows what else is next after all these recent terrorist attempts. I have a gut feeling there will be more ahead unfortunately with all the car bomb attempts too, but really hope there won't or it will be a disaster. I live in UK so am just worried and scared. This really aren't the best days of Gordon Brown's new job as PM. I would imagine he's feeling the strain a bit.

Yeah, talk about a bad first day. Hopefully no one's going to get seriously hurt in the coming days. I think he's doing a good job on keeping everyone's spirits up. I wish peace and serenity to you all. ^-^