PDA

View Full Version : Legendaries in Your Battle Revolution Team?

Chibaymega12
July 1st, 2007, 06:55 AM
Hey guys, the reason for this thread is i just got my butt kicked by someone with all legendaries, and I dont have any(on my team at least).

Do you think its right to have legendaries in your team? The purpose of Pokemon in general is to catch and TRAIN your own pokemon, not to find the most powerful one you can find, train it two levels then let it kick everyone's butt and mistaking it's power for your own.

So do you use legendaries in your team? If so, how many, what kind, and at what level?

PokemonRox
July 1st, 2007, 06:59 AM
I use only two.. lugia and rayquaza both lv 100

Chibaymega12
July 1st, 2007, 07:01 AM
yea, and see, one & MAYBE two is okay, but half the team and OVER half the team is just taking it too far

PokemonRox
July 1st, 2007, 07:14 AM
i know i have battled Many people with all legendaries.. its unfair..

~PokemonRox

Ichida
July 1st, 2007, 07:20 AM
I don't like to use legendaries because they aren't allowed in official competition, but my EV trained team can whoop any kid who doesn't know the difference. My Heracross has OHKOd about six random kids' Dialgas anyways. :P

Laa
July 1st, 2007, 08:17 AM
I'm sorry :D If it makes anybone feel bett I'm making a second party and the only legendaries are Lugia and Dialga...

Really why does it matter? Legendary or not most people on PBR don't know how to train properly anyway.

PoetikaL
July 1st, 2007, 08:17 AM
I have 3 teams, 1 is my pure trained team consisting of hard work, second is my other hard trained team, but with the lack of good movesets, and my third is my level 100 All Legendary Team (all from trades, except for my level 75 Empoleon)

My Legendary Team:
Latios
Mew
Palkia
Deoxys
Lugia
Empoleon

I only use this team for the Stargazer Master Challenge.

fearow23
July 1st, 2007, 08:27 AM
I had to use legendaries for awhile because half the battles I got in were full of them. Now, my regular team was able to knock them all down. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Chibaymega12
July 1st, 2007, 08:32 AM
I EV train too, but when some punk comes in with a bunch of level 70 legendaries that they've prolly trained for one day, and all our stats are lowered to level 50 stats, its unfair

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 12:26 PM
I have a deoxys and a manaphy on my diamond team (I'm going to attempt the e4 with it) and I'll probably keep them on my team when I play battle revolution.
when I got my deoxys it was level 48 and I've been training it since then. When I got my manaphy it was level 20, and it's level 44 or 48 now.

Lubricus
July 1st, 2007, 12:56 PM
I have two legendaries Entei and deoxys which both of them i trained and ev trained them.

Cyan Goggles
July 1st, 2007, 02:27 PM
I only have one. :3 My Mew.
So I like the pokemon, that doesn't make me a bad trainer.
What's making me mad is people who think other people ONLY use legondaries because they're strong. Who knows? The legondaries designed to look cool, maybe somebody just likes the color scheme.
My friends on a different forum like certain legondaries, but they're EV training them, as I am now.
Granted, my pokemon is at a high level, and won't benifet from it as much as I would like, but I'm trying.

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 02:50 PM
as a joke I want to put mespirit, uxie, azelf, mew, celebi, and manaphy as a team.

Chibaymega12
July 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
@cyan: i never said that it makes u a bad trainer if you have a legendary on your team, i said it defeats the purpose of the game: which is to catch and TRAIN your pokemon to peak performance

~Misty~
July 1st, 2007, 09:08 PM
I do have 2, I'm SORRY!

It's My Palkia and Deoxys but those are "Story" mode only, I won't use them online...

Ichida
July 1st, 2007, 09:27 PM
The temptation of building a team of EV-trained Arceuses is always nagging at me, I must admit.

Chibaymega12
July 2nd, 2007, 08:23 AM
yeah, i thought about doing taht when arceus comes our way, that would be way awesome

Master_Z
July 2nd, 2007, 09:57 AM
No, I think they are cheap. Besides, they have a tier for themselves.

jigglyppuff8
July 2nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
The only reason and time I use legendaries are in lv. 30 open battles in colloseum mode because they are the only pokemon that have levels relatively close to each other.
My Legendaries:
Rayquaza lv.74
Kyogre lv.71
Groudon lv.71
Girantina lv.70
Mewtwo lv.70
Regigigas lv.70

Ichida
July 2nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
Ugh... why are so many bloody people typing "Girantina?" It's Giratina.

Pogiforce-14
July 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
The only legendary I have on my team is Groudon. and in Wifi mode, I have been very disappointed in his performance. I am familiar with what you mean, people packing mostly legendaries. the fact that all your pokemon are forced to level fifty hurts things somewhat. i've faced teams that were nothing but legendaries. one trainer sent out two dialga and a palkia on me. another sent out a dialga, a palkia, and mewtwo. It's frustrating to say the least.

But nothing made me grin more than my staraptor single handedly whiping out most of my opponent's pokemon. admittedly I lost most of my battles, but the fact that my Staraptor can pretty much destroy Dialga without fail on PBR wifi helps me out considerably. Dialga is very popular up there.

Ichida
July 2nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
It's fun to OHKO random n00bs' Dialgas. :D

Pogiforce-14
July 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM
Indeed. It takes a real noob to play full legendary teams anyway, that takes zero preparation and strategy. Especially when they have all three of the sacred lake legendaries in their team.

One guy who had an all legendary team I was actually able to single handedly defeat with staraptor. he had admittedly whiped out my other two with palkia alone, but then Staraptor came out. Return saw the end of Palkia, and when Regigigas Came out afterward, Staraptor sent him packing as well. The final pokemon they used was Giratina. it took two brave birds, but the opponent wasted what precious time they had using Shadow Force, so I took out all his legendaries with one simple bird. :p

Ichida
July 2nd, 2007, 05:30 PM
XDD, he sent Giratina out against Staraptor and used Shadow Force? Stupidest move I've ever seen, XDDD!!

Pogiforce-14
July 2nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
It was all he had left. Wouldn't have been so bad if he actually had used a move that hit. :P

Ichida
July 2nd, 2007, 06:04 PM
Cheezus effing kreist, that is bloody hilarious. Congrats on such an overwhelmingly satisfying win. :D

Pogiforce-14
July 2nd, 2007, 06:10 PM
It felt good. Unlike that one trainer. She was good, wish she had let me have her friend pass. Not a single Uber on her team. Can you believe she beat my Staraptor with a Rattatta? Survived a Close Combat using Focus Sash, then used Endeavor. Quick Attack on the next turn reduced what little HP Staraptor had left.

Ichida
July 2nd, 2007, 06:11 PM
That would be the Rattata of Death. I've been wondering about using it myself, but it seems like too much of a kamikaze Pokemon to give up the spot on my team.

Ichikool
July 2nd, 2007, 06:12 PM
I just got PBR today and I've only got Dialga on my team.
But it does seem pretty unfair on Wifi to use legondaries. They have some better stats and moves...
[Duh. Didn't know what to say...XP]

Forci Stikane
July 9th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I can when I want to, but just one as far as serious battling is concerned. I also have a all-Legend battle pass, but that's for the single-player mode annoyances, like Stargazer & Courtyard.

Ichida
July 9th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I should train up a team of Arceus to deal with those, XDDD!

Lxylia
July 10th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I have few legandaries [abot 23....] and I don't use them ata all heh. anyways. I haven't gone no Wi-Fi on PBR so I really don't know

Exactly what I was thinking -is on floor laughing-

legendtamer1995
July 10th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I have celebi, mew, jirachi, mewtwo, and rayquaza on my team along with my blastoise. I feel bad about mewtwo and rayquaza a little but I trained mew and celebi from lvl 10 (and ev trained), and jirachi from lvl 5 (ev trained). I guess that makes those three ok right? But yeah, I agree, like a team of lugia, ho-oh, mewtwo, groudon, kyogre, and dialga does ruin the point of the game.

Forci Stikane
July 10th, 2007, 03:14 PM

......Or maybe 6 "Rattatas of Death"?

There are obviously worse things than Legendaries...

Man of Faith
July 10th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I played at my friend's house... I beat this one guy with nothin but a Swampert... He had the three legedary beasts on me! XD He sent out Raikou and kept trying to use thunder on me... I let him keep using thunder for a while(he was obviously retarded...) then I finished him off. The he sent out Entei... XD I finished the rest of the battle quickly becuase Suicune turned out to be the guys HM slave! D:

Toshinden
July 10th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Legendaries seem cheap if you aren't prepared, but a good and ready EV trained team should be prepared for anything. One of my friends beat an all-legendary team with nothing but his Snorlax.

As for me, the only legendaries that I'll ever use regularly are Zapdos and Mewtwo (maybe Raikou, if I could get one)

Gengar man
July 10th, 2007, 04:24 PM
my team doesnt have any legendarys [although i have every single one]

AztecSunshine
July 10th, 2007, 04:46 PM
i don't use legends in online play only if i am stuck at the e4 or some random trainer or for chaining since the last longer when i chain and i do use them for ev training i let the poke that i want have an exp share and battle with my ho oh

Chibaymega12
July 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
@legend tamer: I think a Jirachi is okay because u can only get it a level 5, so you've gotta train it...

Also, i think i've battled you, it was a battle with all legends but a blastoise on your side, i cant remember if (if we battled) exchanged passes, if you try to exchange on all of them, then look for a pass with a cool guy and a Empoleon, Houndoom, Staraptor, Electivire, Gallade, and Garchomp

Nightofshadow
July 11th, 2007, 02:37 PM
What is up with this "legendaries are cheap" Nonsense? Regardless of what people say there are Legendaries that are fine, I mean The 600 base dragons are better than the legendary birds and Dogs in MANY respects. They have a much better move pool options and all kinds of stuff. I think people just want something to complain about. Nothing is wrong with those who use them but for people to condemn thing for simply being "legendary" is silly.

Ichida
July 11th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Tell that to Nintendo, who disallow the use of legendaries from official tournaments. That's why serious players like me don't bother with them.

Nightofshadow
July 11th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Tell that to Nintendo, who disallow the use of legendaries from official tournaments. That's why serious players like me don't bother with them.

I dont care about nintendo. Im speaking on common sense

Ichida
July 11th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I am using common sense. I plan to participate in an official tourney at the earliest opportunity, so I fine-tune my skills under those principles.

The reason legendaries aren't a threat is because nobody bothers to work with them the way they do normal Pokemon. Natures, EVs, very few people bother with that when it comes to legendaries. If someone raised a properly trained team of legends they'd be hard to bring down.

Chibaymega12
July 11th, 2007, 05:16 PM
@nightofshadow: Sooooooooo, i'm guessing your one of the uber trainers then?...........?

All i'm trying to say here is that it's pissing me off that people cummon to the web with a team of freshly caught legendaries and think that they're sooooooo cool and so much better than everyone else, instead of ful filling the perpose of the game which is to TRAIN your own pokemon instead of some ubers

Nightofshadow
July 11th, 2007, 05:23 PM
@nightofshadow: Sooooooooo, i'm guessing your one of the uber trainers then?...........?

All i'm trying to say here is that it's pissing me off that people cummon to the web with a team of freshly caught legendaries and think that they're sooooooo cool and so much better than everyone else, instead of ful filling the perpose of the game which is to TRAIN your own pokemon instead of some ubers

I dont use ubers. I play according to normal tournament standard rules. Please dont assume about what you dont know please?

I am using common sense. I plan to participate in an official tourney at the earliest opportunity, so I fine-tune my skills under those principles.

The reason legendaries aren't a threat is because nobody bothers to work with them the way they do normal Pokemon. Natures, EVs, very few people bother with that when it comes to legendaries. If someone raised a properly trained team of legends they'd be hard to bring down.

I understand what your saying, And i am not bashing how you feel about it. However, Others like myself feel differently. Ubers are one thing, I can completely see why they arent allowed in any fashion. That makes sense. But legendaries that are completely outdone by non legendary pokemon confuse me. Skarmbliss is VERY hard to deal with, With or WITH OUT legendaries. properly played, they are a VERY good team and they arent legendary. The only legendaries that will probably EVER see play are raikou suicune and zapdos. Playing against smogon players thats what i have seen alot of.

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I don't have battle revolution, I'm thinking of getting a wii and this game, I was looking for reveiws and found this place. I do want it though, but that guy wasn't me.

Champhev
July 11th, 2007, 06:10 PM
I use legendaries but i only used one hacked guy i stargazer set 8 against mysterial i used my spsirtomb with wonder guard and follow so i wouldnt die because even his team is a bit unfair

Pogiforce-14
July 11th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I use legendaries but i only used one hacked guy i stargazer set 8 against mysterial i used my spsirtomb with wonder guard and follow so i wouldnt die because even his team is a bit unfair

So basically you couldn't lose.

You fail at pokemon. What's the point in playing at all if you're going to give yourself an instant victory? It defeats the purpose.

Chibaymega12
July 12th, 2007, 07:05 AM
I dont use ubers. I play according to normal tournament standard rules. Please dont assume about what you dont know please?

He he, i was just joking, dont get your briches in a bunch... And thats good playing by tournament standard rules, trained pokes against trained pokes really sets the trainers to a real test

@pogi: yep, i couldn't of said it better my self

Laa
July 12th, 2007, 08:32 AM
This isn't going to end... at least nobody has brought hacking into this other than the spiritomb with wondergard...

B_button_member
July 13th, 2007, 07:23 AM
I HAD legendarys on my team but when I searched for an opponent it said "there are pokemon who cannot be on the battle pass or battle set" or something like that so I replaced my Legendarys with my normal pokemon and THEN it work!

Chibaymega12
July 19th, 2007, 10:54 AM
i'm still incountering legendaries of every kind on PBR

anemos
July 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I don't like to use legendaries because they aren't allowed in official competition, but my EV trained team can whoop any kid who doesn't know the difference. My Heracross has OHKOd about six random kids' Dialgas anyways. :P

THe heracross i traded you? or one you trained. i might train an identical one for myself.

Silver Fang
July 19th, 2007, 12:38 PM
I used to have a all legend team, but I decided to change it to a normal team, so right now I have none on my team

Ho-oh arabia
July 19th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Depends on ur style. I use 2. My favorite 2, Ho-oh and Lugia. They are undefeatable. The rest of my team consists of tyranitar, dragonite, typhlosion, feraligator.

Chibaymega12
July 19th, 2007, 12:58 PM
i don't care what kind of style you have, ubers are for nubers

Ichida
July 19th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I use 2. My favorite 2, Ho-oh and Lugia. They are undefeatable.

Ho-oh? 4x Rock weakness. One Stone Edge. Boom. Dead. Lugia's got lots of weaknesses. Electric, Ice, Rock, Ghost, Dark. A few STABbed moves from any of these can take Lugia down. It's a defensive legendary so its attack power isn't too much to fear.

Chibaymega12
July 19th, 2007, 04:55 PM
i thought it was 6x, the Flying weakness 2x, Fire Weakness 2x, and the (could be or couldn't be) 1.5x from the same type bonus

Ichida
July 19th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Fire: 2x weakness to Rock. Flying: 2x Weakness to rock. Two plus two is four, you know, and so is two times two. :P When I talk about weaknesses, I'm talking without STAB. If it was a STAB move it would most certainly kill it, as long as the attacker's ATK is decent.

Chibaymega12
July 19th, 2007, 06:33 PM
oh, okay, i was thinking about when a like typed user uses it

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot: 600th post

Volkner's Apprentice
July 19th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I just got PBR and I use my Palkia on my team, only currently because I'm without a fire type. Once I get two new team members trained on the DS this weekend I'll copy them onto my Revolution team. Woot. But I already battled two trainers today and they both have 2+ legends on their teams, I just used my Gengar and owned all their psychic types with speedy shadow balls hah.

If it says "connection interrupted" after the match ends, does that always happen or is it like saying they quit because they lost?

Dr.Stiles
July 19th, 2007, 07:13 PM
i use three as of know shaymin lvl 30 darkrai lvl50 and manaphy lvl 46 i dont use them to kick everyones but i just have them in my team cuz i like them

Ichida
July 19th, 2007, 07:32 PM
If it says "connection interrupted" after the match ends, does that always happen or is it like saying they quit because they lost?

Either the connection screwed up on either end, or the other guy just turned his Wii off because he lost.