PDA

View Full Version : Outrage

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 11:06 AM
It doesn't have minigames. This is hardly a Coliseum game. I am offended and I am considering not purchasing this title based on this information.

All of the console games which allowed you to upload your pokemon since this point, included some kind of minigame.

This one does not. What does Gamefreak think they can slide just because it's the first Wii game to support random wifi multiplayer?

This title is offensive to me, but I won't decide whether or not to buy it, after I play it. I'm going to rent it today.

Ichida
July 1st, 2007, 11:38 AM
The stadium games have always been about one thing: battling. That's all that matters. If you want minigames, go play Mario Party. Leave PBR to people actually interested in serious battling.

Yoshistar64
July 1st, 2007, 11:53 AM
All of the console games which allowed you to upload your pokemon since this point, included some kind of minigame.

Some kind? Like... what? Pokemon console games were battling and strategy and stuff. Don't like it? Well, everyone has their opinions on what genre they like. I personally like fighting and strategy games.

The stadium games have always been about one thing: battling. That's all that matters. If you want minigames, go play Mario Party. Leave PBR to people actually interested in serious battling.

This is exactly what I mean.

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 12:08 PM
Hey, I am allowed to express my anger of their changing of format. The previous stadium games were gems because they were more than extensions of the gameboy games.
I mean really, for me this could be a deal breaker. I'm certain I'm not the only pokemon fan who feels this way either.

Ichida
July 1st, 2007, 12:16 PM
Stadium had minigames so it could cater to the kind of n00b children that don't care about serious battling. Again I say to you that if you're playing Stadium or PBR only because of minigames, go play Mario Party. Pokemon is about battling, not minigames. I am glad they removed the minigames, because it places the focus where it should be: battling.

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 12:22 PM
But it makes the game nothing but a stupid marketing ploy.
Even the Writers of NP feel the same. The game got a 6.5 because it's just battling.
The game is worthless without diamond and pearl and they have the balls to charge 50 dollars for it? Yeah right. But even then, Mario Party 8 stinks, and isn't pokemon themed.
Besides, I like Wii play and Wii sports more anyway, lol.

Yoshistar64
July 1st, 2007, 02:28 PM
But it makes the game nothing but a stupid marketing ploy.
Even the Writers of NP feel the same. The game got a 6.5 because it's just battling.
The game is worthless without diamond and pearl and they have the balls to charge 50 dollars for it? Yeah right. But even then, Mario Party 8 stinks, and isn't pokemon themed.
Besides, I like Wii play and Wii sports more anyway, lol.

So... well, sometimes, no, all the time, people will have different opinions about the games that THEY like. Pokemon fans like me and Ichida always loved the BATTLING part of the game. If it got minigames, it would feel kinda gimmicked, wouldn't it? And just because it isn't Pokemon themed doesn't mean Mario Party 8 is a bad game.

--via Wii Opera Browser

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 02:47 PM
No, Mario Party 8 is a bad game because the cpu cheats, because it's the same old tired games, all over again.
I mean, it might be more fun if I was playing drunk.

But also, it might have felt a tad bit gimmicked, but to me it seems like a tradition, one that they broke. And I'm not going to buy a game just to see them battle in 3d.
50 bucks for that? no thanks.

I'll wait until it's either super cheap or until they realize their mistake and make a better one.

xaix
July 1st, 2007, 02:50 PM
It doesn't have minigames. This is hardly a Coliseum game. I am offended and I am considering not purchasing this title based on this information.

This one does not. What does Gamefreak think they can slide just because it's the first Wii game to support random wifi multiplayer?

This title is offensive to me, but I won't decide whether or not to buy it, after I play it. I'm going to rent it today.

well i say 1 less uber user, out of the way

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 02:51 PM
well i say 1 less uber user, out of the way

Is it so wrong to use one or two legendaries, even if you raised them? Anyway, I wouldn't use just legendaries, I'd have a couple of teams. I'd probably want to play with my weakest team all the time (all bidoofs) just to make people laugh.

Ichida
July 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM
Yes it is. Legendaries aren't for real competition. The only one laughing if you used your Bidoof team would be me after I OHKO every last one of them.

We love PBR because of the beautifully realistic battles in the amazingly rendered environments, and the fact that they finally got the message about customizable trainers. If PBR doesn't call to your fighting soul, then you probably aren't that much of a trainer anyways. Leave this game to the serious competitors.

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 02:58 PM
No, I'd be laughing too. Who expects to win with a team of all bidoofs?

Anyway, I still think this particular one is an abomination. I hope they come out with a sequel that makes their random wifi battles improved, include a minigame portion (even Diamond and Pearl have minigames..), and add a RPG portion.

The creating a character part is neat, but you can't do anything with it. I'm reminded of Wrestle Mania 2000. Great game, but then they released Wrestle Mania: No Mercy.
Which was 2000, only better.

Yoshistar64
July 1st, 2007, 03:00 PM
Even if I don't have the game, let me state a benefit: online battling. Pretty soon all them n00bs who use ubers will change their minds. Since D/P didn't have Wi-fi capabilities like Battle Revolution, just copy your Pokemon to battle someone from Japan! Great, now I can't wait to get the game.

--via Wii Opera Browser

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 03:03 PM
I really only want to battle people I know. hahaha.

Ichida
July 1st, 2007, 03:06 PM
Because you know that any trainer you aren't familiar with is probably going to be more serious about battling, more skilled in raising, and have an actually well-trained battle team? I don't blame you.

Xionixx
July 1st, 2007, 03:06 PM
No, I'd be laughing too. Who expects to win with a team of all bidoofs?

Anyway, I still think this particular one is an abomination. I hope they come out with a sequel that makes their random wifi battles improved, include a minigame portion (even Diamond and Pearl have minigames..), and add a RPG portion.

The creating a character part is neat, but you can't do anything with it. I'm reminded of Wrestle Mania 2000. Great game, but then they released Wrestle Mania: No Mercy.
Which was 2000, only better.

Alright, I'd say it'd be for there to be minigames, but I don't think you should bash the game because of the lack of minigames.

A simple way to say would be: It's a great game that serves its purpose well, but could be improved if it had something else but the colosseum battles (especially sunset...)

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 03:10 PM
Well, I think it's a strong statement to not include minigames as a tradition. I also think paying 50 dollars just to watch them battle in 3D is ridiculous.
It's not a bad game, I never said that. If they had released it for 30 dollars, I wouldn't have that much of a problem.

Ichida
July 1st, 2007, 03:13 PM
Yes, it's a strong statement that they're starting to realize that a competitive community has emerged, and we don't give a flying crap about minigames; we just want the battles.

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 03:14 PM
I'm not buying this title new, that's all I'm saying. It's a waste of money for 50 dollars and they don't even include minigames, which is a pokemon tradition.

Ichida
July 1st, 2007, 03:18 PM
I see. Instead of playing the game, you'd rather complain about it, then buy it later when you have enough pocket change. What a hypocrite... buying a game or not because of its price is a disgrace to the very essence of gaming. If a good game comes out, buy it and play it ASAP. If you don't have the money, spend the time before the games out acquiring the money needed. I even pay off the entire cost of the game in advance, so as soon as it comes in, I have it without risk of it being out of stock.

Xionixx
July 1st, 2007, 03:18 PM
Yes, it's a strong statement that they're starting to realize that a competitive community has emerged, and we don't give a flying crap about minigames; we just want the battles.

If you only cared about the battles you would've stuck with DP. DP is all battles. Or played Netbattle, so no, it's not just about the battles.

I bought mine new, for the full 50, and I find it to be really good. It's addictive too. Nothing like battling some novices to get some money to get ANOTHER jacket. It may not sound like it, but it is.

I really don't do online battles yet, I will when I beat the game.

Rivvon
July 1st, 2007, 03:21 PM
Minigames aren't really a tradition, I don't remember any in Colisseum or XD. But I do agree with one thing in this entire topic: I really don't want to spend $50 on PBR if it's entirely old-school battling. I'd like to at least see something like the Gym Leader Tower return, but just battling and character customization isn't worth $50 to me. That's what I got Pearl Version for.

Xionixx
July 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM
Minigames aren't really a tradition, I don't remember any in Colisseum or XD. But I do agree with one thing in this entire topic: I really don't want to spend $50 on PBR if it's entirely old-school battling. I'd like to at least see something like the Gym Leader Tower return, but just battling and character customization isn't worth $50 to me.

Yeah I can see why it wouldn't. Some people are just getting a little too worked up about the game.

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 03:24 PM
Because you know that any trainer you aren't familiar with is probably going to be more serious about battling, more skilled in raising, and have an actually well-trained battle team? I don't blame you.

No, because it's because I have friends who I find more interesting than some random person online.
I myself have read up on building teams, EVs, STABS, FEARS, Natures, and what not. I expect my friends to do the same. I might play online a little bit, but I am mostly interested in playing my close friends. Because we can talk and communicate and work together to make our teams better.

I see. Instead of playing the game, you'd rather complain about it, then buy it later when you have enough pocket change. What a hypocrite... buying a game or not because of its price is a disgrace to the very essence of gaming. If a good game comes out, buy it and play it ASAP. If you don't have the money, spend the time before the games out acquiring the money needed. I even pay off the entire cost of the game in advance, so as soon as it comes in, I have it without risk of it being out of stock.

No, I rented the game to see if I enjoy it. I read reviews on it, and even Nintendo Power gave it a 6.5 out of ten, which is lower than Mario Party even. A real gamer knows the value of things and can understand that instead of wasting 50 bucks on the game new, they could pick it up cheaper later (when there are more likely more players), and spend the money on something else, like maybe Half-life 2. A gamer has to be smart with his money. He has to read reviews, and figure out if the game is worth his money and his time. What you're describing, Ichida is the habits of a fanboy, who buys whatever it is, regardless of it's drawbacks right away, only to discover later that infact the game was a waste of money.

50 bucks for a game rated 6.5 by the company that released it? I don't think so.

Ichida
July 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM
If you only cared about the battles you would've stuck with DP. DP is all battles. Or played Netbattle, so no, it's not just about the battles.

Netbattle requires no effort. Battling with EV trained Pokemon in the real game is a badge of accomplishment. PBR is a better place to do battles since they're more fun to watch in animated 3D on a big TV rather than just the sprites of the DS.

от_Ian
July 1st, 2007, 03:31 PM
Netbattle requires no effort. Battling with EV trained Pokemon in the real game is a badge of accomplishment. PBR is a better place to do battles since they're more fun to watch in animated 3D on a big TV rather than just the sprites of the DS.

Sprites are an art form all of their own. Once you can author a brilliant looking game, just using 2d sprites, you can argue which is better. But from what I hear, they were lazy with some of the models in PBR. I myself have done some 3D modelling, and I can understand the idea to be a little lazy, especially with something like pokemon. But to charge 50 bucks for it?

anemos
July 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM

I agree with OT trainer that sprites are an art form, but we do enjoy big 3d monsters =D and thats what this game provides. if you dont like it, then just dont buy it. it did was it claimed to do, give 3d battles.

Ichida
July 1st, 2007, 03:40 PM
And I don't buy games blindly. Every game I buy, I watch video clips on YouTube first to see if it has good gameplay.

Cross
July 1st, 2007, 05:36 PM

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u238/Yutss/4dbxt9l.png

Now, I think you should buy it for the battle sake. Screw minigames.

Are you that picky to not buy something just because it doesn't have all of your expectations? lolroflomg.

Siigari
July 1st, 2007, 06:25 PM
This thread is funny.

Nobody is pulling anyone's arm to buy a game.

But if you haven't bought it, don't be all upset about a game you haven't purchased. Leave that to the people that dropped the fifty bones to play it.

PoetikaL
July 1st, 2007, 06:33 PM
As I read this, you are basing this game mostly on the score it has got on gaming sites. Why don't you focus less on what other people rate the game, and try to play it for your own enjoyment, if you want to rant, go into the thread about Bad Games, Graphics....w/e it's called instead of making new threads to make your post count higher.

Reason people bought PBR is for one thing: Battling

I, and I bet a lot of people here, kept up to date about the game before it was released here and knew that it was gonna be soley for battling and online play, no more, no less.

Go rant somewhere else.

DarkDoom3000
July 1st, 2007, 07:22 PM

Pokemon serious? lol thats sounds so funny! with simple plots, no character personality, mindless collecting of pokemon. it dosent sond too serious..

anyway, minigames are needed, i mean like if youre bored of battling, you could just start playing some fun games.
I mean for god sakes the wii-mote was basically made for minigames you could make so many..

shadowcreep
July 1st, 2007, 08:12 PM
Pokemon serious? lol thats sounds so funny! with simple plots, no character personality, mindless collecting of pokemon. it dosent sond too serious..

anyway, minigames are needed, i mean like if youre bored of battling, you could just start playing some fun games.
I mean for god sakes the wii-mote was basically made for minigames you could make so many..

What you listed has nothing to do with the battles except maybe collecting and some people take it very serious and thats their personal choice.

On the subject of mini games if you get bored of battling turn off the game and do something else

Ichida
July 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
Serious about the BATTLES, for the *insert random number*th time, people! Why do so few people understand?!

shadowcreep
July 1st, 2007, 08:20 PM
if your talking to me i meant to say serious about the battles >_> i can't type my mind always strays i get the game was made soley for purpose of battling and i have no objections with it

Captain Arcane
July 1st, 2007, 11:14 PM
Fist off, the pokemon stadium games were created a long time ago, after the stadium games, they came out with colosseum and colosseum 2, thats when this so called "tradition" was broken. Don't just take out all your anger on PBR, which in my opinion is one of the best Pokemon games to date: Why? Because the graphixs are amazing, the lighting effects are perfect, and its all about battling. Now the colosseum werent as good as they could of been, but still.

And you are affended by this O_o, I'm sorry, but being affended by something like this just strikes me a bit on the stupid side. No offense though.
But anyway, PBR did not brake any tradition, this is now more of a tradition than the minigames, seeing how this is the third game to come out like this, unlike stadium 1, and 2.

In my opinion, the minigames were boring, "Hey what do you wanna ado, I dunno, wanna go cut some logs with a couple of Scythers and Pincers?" O__o
What is that? I'll tell you what that is, stupid. If you wanna play pokemon mini games, then play pokemon trozie or something. And so what if you get bored, if you do, just turn off the game.

And the battling is even better in this becuase the Pokemon physically attack each other, they don't just stand still and make a kicking motion or whatever.

But whatever, its your opinion, you are expressing yours, and I'm expressing mine. So, if decide to buy it, buy it, if not, then whatever. Its your choice.

replay_man
July 2nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
How can you complain that it's $50? It's a Wii game!!!!!!! In case you didn't notice, the Wii is a new system. Shocking, I know, but it's true. They're not going to put a game out for their system for $30 right off the bat, that wouldn't be smart Marketing wise. In my opinion, you're just being cheap, and want a game for the Wii because you weren't smart and bought a Wii without having money, that's why you enjoy Wii Sports and Wii Play so much. It's either that, or you want a fun multiplayer game, and that's not what Pokemon Battle Revolution seems to be intended for. I'm done my rant.

Diggeh
July 2nd, 2007, 01:38 AM
I personally think you're all taking this way too seriously. Ian's whining about no button-mashing mini games while Uchiha's spending all of his time contradicting every statement thrown at him.

This is how I see it.

You buy a game because you like it, not because of another's opinion. Basically, you're saying that if Nintendo Power gave Twilight Princess a five out of ten, then there's no way in hell you would play it. You're also implying that, for example, that you wouldn't go near a Super Smash Brothers game because your favorite characters from the original didn't make it into the new one.

If you don't like PBR's lack of mini games and a gym leader tower (do you not fight almost every Colosseum Leader in the game in the Stargazer Colosseum?), then go buy a used copy of Pokemon Stadium 2 and a cheap N64. Or, as stated before, buy a Mario Party game.

If you don't want to pay $50 for a game another source has told you is not worth it, then don't buy it. Obviously, that other source controls your life and the decisions you make. If they tell you "Monster Rancher for the Gameboy Color is the best game EVER", then hell, run to your nearest computer and order it on eBay.

Now stop with the pointless arguing.

SkywolfDragon
July 2nd, 2007, 02:12 AM
I personally think you're all taking this way too seriously. Ian's whining about no button-mashing mini games while Uchiha's spending all of his time contradicting every statement thrown at him.

This is how I see it.

You buy a game because you like it, not because of another's opinion. Basically, you're saying that if Nintendo Power gave Twilight Princess a five out of ten, then there's no way in hell you would play it. You're also implying that, for example, that you wouldn't go near a Super Smash Brothers game because your favorite characters from the original didn't make it into the new one.

If you don't like PBR's lack of mini games and a gym leader tower (do you not fight almost every Colosseum Leader in the game in the Stargazer Colosseum?), then go buy a used copy of Pokemon Stadium 2 and a cheap N64. Or, as stated before, buy a Mario Party game.

If you don't want to pay $50 for a game another source has told you is not worth it, then don't buy it. Obviously, that other source controls your life and the decisions you make. If they tell you "Monster Rancher for the Gameboy Color is the best game EVER", then hell, run to your nearest computer and order it on eBay.

Now stop with the pointless arguing.

Harsh. You definatly told them off. PBR is about battling and It is offering what it would said it would do. I think ot IAN is saying it should be more like an combo of PBR & Colosseum.

Captain Arcane
July 2nd, 2007, 02:58 AM
You mean stadium, not colosseum....right o__O

Pogiforce-14
July 2nd, 2007, 06:24 PM
PBR is a refined game meant for a specific crowd. It's not meant for beginning players, or Adventure/RPG fans, it's for those loyal players who have seen their hard raised pokemon from Ruby/sapphire on up survive for three plus years to finally witness a game that allows them to shine. Mini games would be superficial. Although a real story would be nice, I'm perfectly fine without it. It's for battlers. Read the title. Pokemon Battle Revolution.

This is about innovating and upgrading the way you battle, not about being a Wii Pokemon Stadium. This is about testing your metle, to improve via purchasing items that are helpful for battles, or decking out your trainer to show off even more while you battle. This isn't your school yard sandbox, kiddies. This is the testing grounds for the elite. This is what Net battle wishes it could do. THis is where you truly say "Am I good enough?" This isn't local wifi. This isn't the kid down the street. This is the entire world, no holds barred battleground. This is the only thing that DP can't do, and should have been able to do. Wifi battles are strictly level 50, and if they aren't level 50 they are MADE level 50, did you know that? So it comes down to how well you breeded and raised your pokemon. not about who has the higher level. This game sets up a true pokemon battling network. Instead of looking at all the superficial, meaningless tag ons you might find elsewhere, how about looking at what this game is truly capable of?

Now if you don't feel you'd enjoy the game, that's fine, don't buy it. But little fishies shouldn't make fun of the big pond, unless they want to get eaten.

Captain Arcane
July 2nd, 2007, 09:17 PM
PBR is a refined game meant for a specific crowd. It's not meant for beginning players, or Adventure/RPG fans, it's for those loyal players who have seen their hard raised pokemon from Ruby/sapphire on up survive for three plus years to finally witness a game that allows them to shine. Mini games would be superficial. Although a real story would be nice, I'm perfectly fine without it. It's for battlers. Read the title. Pokemon Battle Revolution.

This is about innovating and upgrading the way you battle, not about being a Wii Pokemon Stadium. This is about testing your metle, to improve via purchasing items that are helpful for battles, or decking out your trainer to show off even more while you battle. This isn't your school yard sandbox, kiddies. This is the testing grounds for the elite. This is what Net battle wishes it could do. THis is where you truly say "Am I good enough?" This isn't local wifi. This isn't the kid down the street. This is the entire world, no holds barred battleground. This is the only thing that DP can't do, and should have been able to do. Wifi battles are strictly level 50, and if they aren't level 50 they are MADE level 50, did you know that? So it comes down to how well you breeded and raised your pokemon. not about who has the higher level. This game sets up a true pokemon battling network. Instead of looking at all the superficial, meaningless tag ons you might find elsewhere, how about looking at what this game is truly capable of?

Now if you don't feel you'd enjoy the game, that's fine, don't buy it. But little fishies shouldn't make fun of the big pond, unless they want to get eaten.

I couldn't have said it better.

Yes, PBR is for a specific crowd, its not for going on an adventure, or playing little games that include pokemon cutting logs or anything else, this "is" what Pokemon is all about, battling. In my opinion, if you don't like battling with Pokemon, then why play Pokemon at all? Yeah, breeding is fun along with entering your pokemon in contests, but battling is the main thing. Mabye Nintendo and Pokemon will come out with a Poke Mini Game thingy, and mabye even a Contest game, but this is it. Battling determines who's the best, not who can charge up the most energy with a voltorb.

AlexPriest
July 2nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
While I agree minigames wouldn't hurt the game, they're not really needed. It would make the game more open to certain people, but since the day pokemon was created the core of the games has been battling. All the games that didn't allow battling weren't really that fun(Pokemon Channel anyone?) If you want a more gimmicky game, theres plenty of games out there for you.

Nightofshadow
July 3rd, 2007, 03:01 AM
I have seen this game, And I am far from impressed. I dont see the hype about this game. Someone has got to explain it to me

AlexPriest
July 3rd, 2007, 03:03 AM
Basically...it's mainly for Diamond and Pearl owners to take their battles into a 3D world. 50 dollars is a steep price. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay to do a 3D battle.

anemos
July 3rd, 2007, 03:52 AM
I realy is just a spiritual succesor to the other 3d games, nobody said it would be a better looking stadium/2. it has the word BATTLE in its name, it isnt a colluseom with all the extras. it is focused on making a perfect BATTLE< not splitting its focus like stadium did. stadium was fun, but it tried to hard to do everything.

Captain Arcane
July 3rd, 2007, 05:20 AM
Trust me, it should be worth more than 50$ in my opinion. Before the game came out, I thought the graphics were horrible, but now that I have the game, and I can see it first hand. I'm totaly blown away by this game. The graphics ar impecable, and the lighting effects are perfect, its pokemon in its true form in my opinion. (boy I have a lot of opinions =P).

But I would sieriously think about getting this if I were you, its awsome. And you even get to customize your trainer, and you can have more than one profile, up to 4!!!

This is one of the best pokemon games I have ever played, hands down.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 07:12 AM
It's worth it to be able to bash random n00bs' poorly trained teams of hackeds and legendaries into the pavement without having to get their friend code first, too. :D

And as for the reviewers part, trust me, people, never listen to what reviewers have to say, because a game's quality is subjective; it depends on the person's specific interests, tastes, and experiences. Hell, this entire topic is a testament to that fact.

sims796
July 3rd, 2007, 08:44 AM
It's worth it to be able to bash random n00bs' poorly trained teams of hackeds and legendaries into the pavement without having to get their friend code first, too. :D

And as for the reviewers part, trust me, people, never listen to what reviewers have to say, because a game's quality is subjective; it depends on the person's specific interests, tastes, and experiences. Hell, this entire topic is a testament to that fact.

I have to agree with you to a point. Some things could be stated as fact, such as graphics. We can all agree that the N64's Pokemon Stadium graphics is not as good as well, Battle Revolution's. Besides, I have to almost go by what reviewers say. I don't have cash to buy every game I see. So when I get one, I'd like it to be good. So, since I could only buy so many, I have to turn to reviews. So far they haven't let me down.

But you're right, it os all a matter of perspective.

Zyph
July 3rd, 2007, 09:22 AM
I don't think he was talking to you.

Ugghh... guys? Can we please cut the drama? PBR is NOT a good game if you don't like battling. Sorry, but not every Pokemon game has to be catered to YOUR needs.

On the converse, it would be fun if they made a game strictly NOT about battling. Pokemon Breeder Revolution.... nah....

sims796
July 3rd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Oh. Maybe I should go and read the START of this thread.

Oh sweet heavens. THIS is what I posted in!? No wonder ThatInsaneKid sounded so hostile. This is just whining. Seriously, PBR is NOT meant for mini-games. It was meant soley for battling. Thats was its called Pokemon BATTLE Revolution. The mini-games were meant just for a cheap pasttime in past games. As I read before, if you want mini-games, go to Rayman Raving Rabids, or Mario Party 1-8. This game is for Battling, not corney little mini-games. Hence the word MINI.

It was more of a marketing ploy when they had those stupid mini-games. Why would it be a ploy when they focus on what the game is about? Battling? There are plenty of Pokemon mini-games that you can buy.

Conman
July 3rd, 2007, 09:45 AM
I don't think he was talking to you.

Ugghh... guys? Can we please cut the drama? PBR is NOT a good game if you don't like battling. Sorry, but not every Pokemon game has to be catered to YOUR needs.

On the converse, it would be fun if they made a game strictly NOT about battling. Pokemon Breeder Revolution.... nah....

They could pull that off easy. It would have better name though. A hybrid of Pokemon and Harvest Moon...That would be cool. I thought about it just now, but I can't go into detail sense I am posting this from my Wii.

On Topic: Stop whinning, you get tired of battling? Don't get this game. You want mini-games? Play Mario Party 8 and glue Pikachu to the screen.

Laa
July 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Ok I read the title and it game me a question...

How good is outrage as an attack? I have it on my rayquaza and I use it fairly often.

AlexPriest
July 3rd, 2007, 09:50 AM
I really don't believe that belongs in here...but I'll be nice and answer...It's a pretty good attack if used right. I like it on my Dragonite. Do a Dragon Dance first then follow it up with that. =D

sims796
July 3rd, 2007, 10:10 AM
Yes, it doesn't. Put that in strategies & movesets, and stay on topic.

Now, to address the graphics. The 2d graphics aren't bad, but still...and the 3d models aren't too bad, just, not all that great. Whether your a model isn't important.

I might spent the extra $50 for the game, but I just bought Resident Evil 4 for the Wii, so I'm set for the new game for now.

Sprites are an art form all of their own. Once you can author a brilliant looking game, just using 2d sprites, you can argue which is better. But from what I hear, they were lazy with some of the models in PBR. I myself have done some 3D modelling, and I can understand the idea to be a little lazy, especially with something like pokemon. But to charge 50 bucks for it?

Really? You don't need to know how to make a sprite to judge it, or it'll be exclusive. Just as you don't need to be a movie director to recomend your friend to a flick. And you HEARD the models were lazy. When you see it yourself, along with the gameplay, then you can judge. I know that, as I said before, we can't buy every game, and must go by what reviewers say. But at least look at the gameplay yourself. Along with Gameinformer, I watch X-Play, a video game review show. From there, I see the game first-hand, and compare reviews. You did the right thing when you rented the game.

Also, stop whining. The game is NOT meant for cheap, corny, knockoff mini-games. It is for battling hence, Pokemon BATTLE Revolution, as I said before. If you want mini-games do what Conman said.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 08:49 PM
It's not whining, it's a valid point. This game changes a lot in the series of stadium games. They've all had minigames, pokemon itself has a lot to do with minigames, it's a big change and I am allowed to say I don't like it.

I've played the game, and the battling is fun, but it's not worth my 50 dollars.
If I didn't have Pokemon Diamond, this game would have been a waste of time. It's only good if you have bought diamond, so what you're going to spend another 50 bucks ontop of the 35 you already spent because they didn't include 3D battles and the ability to beat on other people without a friend code in Diamond and Pearl?

It doesn't make sense to me. The price tag is too high.

sims796
July 3rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
From the start of the post, you were whining about their not being any mini-games. That's not the point of the game. It was all about battling. But now you make a more valid point.

I bought Resident Evil 4, instead of Battle Revolution, and I don't regret my choice. You gave plenty of valid points about the game, and I agree that it is a somewhat cheap extention of the game. Like you said, you can only truly experience the game if you have D/P, which is an additional $35. I respect your opinion, and agree to a point.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 08:59 PM

You see, my main point was I was upset that it is straying away from the traditional format. I didn't say it was a bad game, I even said I was going to reserve judgement until after I played it. Since then I've included points as far as, why not to get the game. But I've supported my argument and I've stayed true to it. It is not a traditional stadium game.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:02 PM
Who said it was a traditional stadium game? And for that matter, who even WANTS a traditional stadium game? so far you seem to be the only one expressing such sentiment. the rest of us trainers are perfectly happy with our battle engine. we don't need a little minigame tagalong gimmick.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
Well, I figure for 50 bucks they should've put something else in it. At least let me sit in denial about my waste of 20 bucks (I know it's 50, but I feel it's only worth 30). So what if I'm the only person who comes here, who thinks it should've had that, it doesn't mean I'm the only person who feels that way. This isn't the largest community of Pokemon players, and if it is, then I apologize I didn't realize pokemon sucked so bad.

Captain Arcane
July 3rd, 2007, 09:06 PM
For crying out loud, this is not a B-I-G change, its barely a change at all. The stadium games are old, out dated. And this so called tradition was broken when pokemon colosseum came out, not when PBR came out. Idon't remeber any mini games in colosseum, do you?

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
Or maybe you're just a stingy penny pincher whom, I reiterate from earlier, doesn't understand the true quality of what is right in front of you. You also, yet again, fail to realize that the game was designed for the sake of battling. the quality of the battles is excellent, the quality fo the battling options is excellent, what are you, a sony fan? Going for quantity instead of quality?

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
Eh, well maybe we need to mail a corrections letter to Nintendo Power, because they seem to think Colosseum had minigames too.
Or maybe you're just a stingy penny pincher whom, I reiterate from earlier, doesn't understand the true quality of what is right in front of you. You also, yet again, fail to realize that the game was designed for the sake of battling. the quality of the battles is excellent, the quality fo the battling options is excellent, what are you, a sony fan? Going for quantity instead of quality?

A stingy penny pincher? the game rated a 6.5 in Nintendo Power. I'm a smart shopper and I'm able to realize that this game is not worth 50 dollars. I told you, I've played the game, and it is fun, but for just battling in 3D, it's not worth 50 dollars. And what you fail to realize is that the game isn't designed for the sake of battling, it's designed to be an extension of Diamond and Pearl. The game isn't even worth buying unless you have either one of those games. If I was a Sony fan, I'd be talking about how weak the Wii system is in comparison to the PS3. But I'm a Nintendo fan, and I point out instead, how the Gameboy with pea green color beat out the Gamegear which had full color. Nintendo has always excelled with systems that had a smaller capacity for graphics.

Anyway, this discussion isn't about the console wars, it's about how PBR isn't a stadium game.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:10 PM
You are the only one flipping over the lack of mini games, I don't think anyone else really cares. NP is not going to post an editorial apology saying they're sorry they said the game had minigames, because no one cares, minigames fail in comparison to what the game is really about. Quite frankly, mini games would have made it worse in my book.

Captain Arcane
July 3rd, 2007, 09:11 PM
What do you mean? when did nintendo ever state that colosseum had mini games??

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:17 PM
You are the only one flipping over the lack of mini games, I don't think anyone else really cares. NP is not going to post an editorial apology saying they're sorry they said the game had minigames, because no one cares, minigames fail in comparison to what the game is really about. Quite frankly, mini games would have made it worse in my book.

Actually, they do that sort of thing all the time.
And in the latest issue of Nintendo Power, when they rated PBR a 6.5 they said that was mostly due to the fact that it lacked minigames. Unlike games like Pokemon Stadium, Colosseum, and XD.

Whoo hoo!

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
WTF? Colloseum and XD didn't have minigames. Reviews clearly aren't everything anyway. Reviews say Red Steel sucked, but I found it highly enjoyable. same goes for PBR.

Captain Arcane
July 3rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Actually, they do that sort of thing all the time.
And in the latest issue of Nintendo Power, when they rated PBR a 6.5 they said that was mostly due to the fact that it lacked minigames. Unlike games like Pokemon Stadium, Colosseum, and XD.

Whoo hoo!

*banging head on keyboard*

I don't know why Nintendo said that, but Colosseum never had minigames, never. Neither did XD.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Nobody should listen to any opinion a reviewer has about anything, because opinions are subjective and individual. An asset to one person is a liability to another. If you trust what reviewers have to say, it just proves how dependent, gullible, and manipulatable you are.

...Just saying, is all. :D

Captain Arcane
July 3rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
Nobody should listen to any opinion a reviewer has about anything, because opinions are subjective and individual. An asset to one person is a liability to another. If you trust what reviewers have to say, it just proves how dependent, gullible, and manipulatable you are.

...Just saying, is all. :D

Y'know that mad me mad when I first read that, but then I read the last part, I couldn't help but laugh. Pretty funny dude

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Well, that's why I played it.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
But I'm serious, reviewers can't give an opinion that every reader would agree with. If I want to look up a game, I look up gameplay clips on YouTube. I want to see the product for myself, not listen to someone who got paid to churn out an essay based on ten minutes of playing.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:29 PM
I just read the review. a few quick notes:

one of the arguements: PBR has bad graphics. the NP review claims that PBR actually has the best graphics of all the Wii games to date.

secondly, although they do say that it's a shame they didn't use the Wii's capability for something like side quests or mini games, it still does what it's supposed to do very well. They list numerous ways how battling is made that much more fun through this game.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:29 PM
I like to know what well respected people think of the game, because they usually have a point. But I'd rather get a hands on than watch a video on youtube.
I just read the review. a few quick notes:

one of the arguements: PBR has bad graphics. the NP review claims that PBR actually has the best graphics of all the Wii games to date.

secondly, although they do say that it's a shame they didn't use the Wii's capability for something like side quests or mini games, it still does what it's supposed to do very well. They list numerous ways how battling is made that much more fun through this game.
I mentioned that NP claims that PBR has some of the best graphics on the Wii, in the 'bad game, bad graphics, whatever' thread. But thanks for validating, that Nintendo Power said it was a shame that it didn't have minigames, could you also put what rating the game got? Because I'm reading a 6.5 which is worse than Mario Party 8, from the previous issue. It received a 7.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:32 PM
And the well respected people say, Quote, In essence, Pokemon Battle Revolution serves to augment your experience with Diamond and Pearl-it performs its function aptly, but without the bells and whistles that POkemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD provided.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
And the well respected people say, Quote,

And hey, that's what I said.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:34 PM
And if you'd actually read the quote, you note that they say the game does a good job, it's just not as flashy. I prefer quality content rather than superficial tagalongs myself.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:38 PM
Which is of course, why the game got a 6.5 instead of a 1. It's an average title, not spectacular.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:40 PM
And on average, titles sell for fifty bucks. Those that sell for more usually have an additional peripheral, like Guitar Hero.

sims796
July 3rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
This whole thread is an insult to mankind. Period. So he doesn't like PBR because of the lack of mini-games. So what. He has an opinion, and just because OT complains, doesn't make him whiney. If it was all about mini-games, then you guys would be complaining, so lay off. Poliforce, don't call OT a penny pincher. Not everyone is rich like you, able to buy every game they see. Some people, like myself, needs to make sure the games they do buy are worth it. And your definition of quality is not the same as his.

And Ichida, like I said before, not everyone who reads reviews are what you say they are. I cannot test each game myself, so I do my homework on it. Read multiple reviews. Watch review shows. Compare them. Watch Youtube. Then make a decision.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
I'll stick to watching gameplay videos on YouTube and deciding for myself, thanks.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
I happen to not be rich. I bought the one game. found it to be worht my fifty. Unlike spiderman 3, which I traded in for a thirty dollar store credit and used it for something I actually enjoyed. And just because he has an opinion doesn't mean he can keep forcing it on us and claiming it ot be fact on not one, not two, but three or more topics.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:49 PM
And on average, titles sell for fifty bucks. Those that sell for more usually have an additional peripheral, like Guitar Hero.

Compare the rating of Resident Evil 4 for Wii, with the rating for PBR.

Resident Evil 4 is an outstanding title, sure the only reason to get it, is to use the Wiimote (to be honest, I could use the Wii mote on the pc version), but it's a much better title which received a much better rating and costs 20 dollars less. Infact there are many Wii games that sell for less than 50 dollars.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Maybe it's because RE4 is already out on gamecube and by now most everyone has played it? And other Wii titles that have been sold for less, are lesser games. I for one found myself returning Rampage: Total Destruction.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 09:56 PM
I don't blame you for that. I didn't even touch that game. Maybe most games for the Wii are overpriced, although I think TLOZ:TP was pretty fair, even if it is the same old thing. still my two favorite Wii games are Wiiplay and Wiisports. But I haven't played RE4 yet. But you agree that Resident Evil 4 is a higher quality game as opposed to PBR. You must also agree that RE4 has better graphics than PBR.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 09:59 PM
PBR, Super Paper Mario, and Twilight Princess are the only games I bought for the Wii, and the only games I find worth playing at all among the current selection for the Wii.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 10:00 PM
Actually PBR has the better graphics. even NP thinks so. though as you ahve been reminded earlier, graphics aren't everything. and I still think PBR is awesome. RE4 just isn't for as refined a crowd.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 10:02 PM
I haven't played Super Paper Mario, but it doesn't look good (from the game play videos) to me. But I was never a paper mario fan. I'll rent it though. The biggest reason I got Wiiplay was the second Wiimote.
Actually, I reminded you earlier that graphics aren't everything. And You don't have to be refined to play pokemon, you just have to be 12.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Do you understand the meaning of the word refined? To refine something means to sift out everything else, until you're left with something specific. usually an ore, though in this case, the refined crowd is the crowd that enjoys pokemon battles. which should be a majority of the pokemon playing community. Surely Netbattle would like it, that's all those folks do is battle.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
Oh, so what you mean, is that Nintendo is exploiting these small fanboy crowds who play pokemon everyday, by making them overpay on PBR by 20 dollars?
And that Capcom is letting every one who is old enough play RE4 by releasing it on all systems and making it cheap. I see where you're going with this.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 10:19 PM
Oh, so what you mean, is that Nintendo is exploiting these small fanboy crowds who play pokemon everyday, by making them overpay on PBR by 20 dollars?
And that Capcom is letting every one who is old enough play RE4 by releasing it on all systems and making it cheap. I see where you're going with this.
How about you stop with the loaded language and putting words in my mouth before things get ugly? because you don't want to make me put on the debating gloves.

RE4 was originally released for the Gamecube. the game itself is now over a year old. Since then, it has also been rereleased on the PS2, with more content. I for one would not expect the rerelease of a rerelease to cost as much as a game fresh off the stacks.

You think it's overpaying twenty dollars. just because your feeble brain percieves that as truth, does not mean it is so. The game is worth the fifty dollars that have been paid for it. And the crowd is not small, nor is it fanboys. I know a guy who plays hardcore on netbattle. one of the best. hasn't bought a real pokemon game since Fire Red. I know a guy who bought PBR, when DP came out, it was his first time playing a pokemon game in years. And there are countless others that I have seen sporatically playing pokemon games, now playing DP, and willing ot get PBR for it's advertised price of 50 dollars, understanding fully that the game is nothing but battling.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 10:42 PM
And You don't have to be refined to play pokemon, you just have to be 12.

*is 19. Knows other 17-to-22-year old trainers.*

*Watches your quote go up in blue flames.*

Lxylia
July 4th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I disagree totally. Sure, I loved mini games. Sure, PBR have none but....Don't PBR have word Battlein it? Battle means what? PBR is one of best Wii games to date.

And You don't have to be refined to play pokemon, you just have to be 12.

I take this as an insult. my older brother is 18, he is very mature and he plays pokemon ever since it first came out. Yes, ever since red/yellow/blue. I am 15 and female, I have been playing since R/Y/B. Two of my cousins are under 12, they're mature, they also play pokemon -was at grandma's earlier and brought her DS, talked to her cousins who has their DS- so your remark? -eats popcorn with Ichida as it goes up in flames-

Hahah, you don't get what I meant, maybe I should have spoken more clearly.
You just have to be immature.

Now this is an insult! -glares-

Clearly you are immature for whining such a stupid post.

-goes to hatch her eggies, she knows this is off topic, please ignore her-

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Hey, I play pokemon, I've already admitted to being immature. Haha, your argument there is void.

Also, I'd like to say that PBR isn't one of the best games for Wii. Infact by itself PBR is a very poor game.

Unless you have diamond and/or pearl PBR is a waste of time and money. If you have those games, then yes it's fun. But the trick is you have to have those games. Using a Rental Pass to play the game, is playing with someone else pokemon. You can't train them, you can't teach them new moves, and you can't nickname them. PBR by itself is a terrible idea.

Lxylia
July 4th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Hey, I play pokemon, I've already admitted to being immature. Haha, your argument there is void.

Also, I'd like to say that PBR isn't one of the best games for Wii. Infact by itself PBR is a very poor game.

Unless you have diamond and/or pearl PBR is a waste of time and money. If you have those games, then yes it's fun. But the trick is you have to have those games. Using a Rental Pass to play the game, is playing with someone else pokemon. You can't train them, you can't teach them new moves, and you can't nickname them. PBR by itself is a terrible idea.

Pardon me, I seem to have missed where you admit being immature.

PBR is one of best games of Wii to date. it is my opinion and it isn't best is your opinion, please do not try to force it onto us.

using rental pass is quite challenge, it is fun. I use rental passes more than I use my pokemon because I love the challenge it presents. you can't train, teach moves or nickname them, some people hate to nickname, others love to. PBR is wonderful idea of all pokemon games to date.

Now...

Can we please drop this very very very stupid argument?

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Then why did you bring it up?
Anyway, PBR is a diamond/pearl accessory, that costs more than diamond or pearl alone.

Lxylia
July 4th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Then why did you bring it up?
Anyway, PBR is a diamond/pearl accessory, that costs more than diamond or pearl alone.

That's because D/P is to be used on DS and PBR is to be used on Wii which cost more than DS so it's a 'big' difference

Pogiforce-14
July 4th, 2007, 05:32 PM
That's because DP was a handheld game, not a home console game. accessory or not, it's still a buttload of fun, regardless of content. INstead of griping and whining and quite frankly being a total troll, how about actually buying the game and playing it?

Lxylia
July 4th, 2007, 05:37 PM
That's because DP was a handheld game, not a home console game. accessory or not, it's still a buttload of fun, regardless of content. INstead of griping and whining and quite frankly being a total troll, how about actually buying the game and playing it?

I agree and do you mean 'DS'? lol anyways he [i'm not sure if you're male or female] mentioned renting it and trying it out

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 05:41 PM
How about you realize that I've rented the game and actually played it?

Most people here tend to realize that PBR is for owners of Diamond and/or Pearl, that it is an accessory, and only those who are serious about battling would get it.

Also, Lxylia, PBR is a Wii game, I never disputed that. But nobody is going to buy PBR without getting Diamond/Pearl unless they release another game in the series that links up with PBR.
It is simply an extension of Diamond/Pearl and it's features, I feel do not warrant a 50 dollar price tag. If I were trolling, I'd be saying things just to irritate you, I'd be enjoying your idiocy. But I'm not trolling, I feel strongly about this opinion and I have a valid point.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I never said it was the best game in the world, and I admit it is a fifty dollar D/P accessory, but again, it's worth it to me and other serious trainers. If it isn't worth it to you, then either you're extremely frugal, or you're not too serious about Pokemon battling.

Lxylia
July 4th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I never said it was the best game in the world, and I admit it is a fifty dollar D/P accessory, but again, it's worth it to me and other serious trainers. If it isn't worth it to you, then either you're extremely frugal, or you're not too serious about Pokemon battling.

-nods- I agree totally. I also never said it was best game in world, just best WII game to date. ^^;

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I do not feel it is the best Wii game, as the game is not worth having without a nintendo ds with pokemon diamond/pearl.
Besides that, look at games like Wario Ware, TLOZ:TP, Resident Evil 4, and I can't think of any others right now. I think they are better games than PBR without diamond/pearl.

Lxylia
July 4th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I do not feel it is the best Wii game, as the game is not worth having without a nintendo ds with pokemon diamond/pearl.
Besides that, look at games like Wario Ware, TLOZ:TP, Resident Evil 4, and I can't think of any others right now. I think they are better games than PBR without diamond/pearl.

This is your opinion not mine. No need to try to force it upon us. its completely useless effort.

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 06:50 PM
The same could be said of you, saying it is the best Wii game. No need to force that opinion on me. I was just telling you that my opinion differs, and then I gave reasons as to why I believe that way. There's no reason for you to force your opinion on me.

SBaby
July 4th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I rented it to check it out. The models weren't overly blocky. At least not to me.

Anyway, here's what I think. Take it as you will.

Graphically, it's about the best that's been seen in Pokemon. Some of the models DO use fewer polygons, but I don't believe it's truly detrimental to the overall look. The only thing I didn't like is the fact that they didn't deliver on destructible environments, like was originally planned. But that's minor anyway.

You can change the appearance and costumes of your Trainer to many different pre-made templates, clothes and hats. Unfortunately, you have to win enough battles to unlock most of them. The thing is, it isn't really all that necessary. It doesn't give you any sort of advantage, other than being able to tell yourself apart from an opponent. Really, it's just a useless easter egg that most people don't care about anyway. But it is there for those of you that like customization.

There isn't much gameplay in this either (at least that's different from the other games). You've got turn-based battles that can either be waged against another player (online or off-line, more on that later), or against one of several pre-made opponents. That's really it.

So with the above, it doesn't sound so bad, right? I mean, the graphics are good, you've got a bit of customization and you can play against others on the big screen. So where does this game go downhill? Well, brace yourselves.

First and foremost, you'll notice right off that there is no story mode, nor is there any rhyme or reason for you to be in the colosseums. You're just there. What this means is that the average gamer can complete the pre-made content of the game in but a few hours. That's it. If you don't have a friend or access to the on-line battle mode, you're SOL after that.

Second, the voices. While it's nice to hear English voice overs again, they could've done new voices for the game rather than using the same STATIC VOICES they used in the Stadium games. Also, why do the Pokemon all still have their cries from the games? And don't give me the lack of disc space excuse, because 4.5 GB of space can easily fit a couple hundred megs (at the VERY most) on it without slowing anything down. All they really had to do was cut and paste it from the Anime. I could do that.

Third, and this has been bugging me since the Colosseum games. Why is it, that after FIVE, let me repeat, FIVE games, you still can't see your Pokemon and their Pokemon at the same time when they're doing something? Seriously, you never do. If your Pokemon is using Tackle or Volt Tackle, it would make more sense to show them actually HITTING the Pokemon instead of the same stock footage.

Fourth, the lack of being able to use Legendary Pokemon in online battles is a real letdown to most people. Some say it's a glitch and some say it was done intentionally. But there's no excuse. Nintendo had plenty of time to go back and fix issues like this, and for a glitch like this to happen is just a disgrace. And if it was intentional, then all it is, is a gimmick. You shouldn't need a gimmick to make a game harder, it should be challenging on its own.

And here's the kicker, you're paying 50 bucks for this all. That's right. I'm not making this up. You will be paying 50 bucks for this if you choose to buy it.

Bottom Line: Well, if you're a die-hard Pokemon fan then you'll probably buy this regardless of what I say (you might already have it). Those of you that really love multiplayer battles will probably want to check it out. But rent it first. Those that play games to enjoy storylines, avoid this game. It won't satisfy you in the least. And if you HAVE to buy it, wait until the price goes down, because it just isn't worth 50 bucks with all the issues it has. Trust me, there'll still be copies left when the price goes down.

There's also likely to be more incarnations of this game before the system's lifecycle is over (likely without some of the standing issues). So if all else fails, just wait awhile. There'll be other opportunities. Pokemon isn't going anywhere any time soon, believe me. The fact that this game is out already and people are talking about it (regardless of what they say) only goes to prove that the Pokemon craze is still as strong as ever.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Also, why do the Pokemon all still have their cries from the games? And don't give me the lack of disc space excuse, because 4.5 GB of space can easily fit a couple hundred megs (at the VERY most) on it without slowing anything down. All they really had to do was cut and paste it from the Anime. I could do that.

Not replacing cries shows that they still respect their roots. People like me who love the games but hate the anime for misconstruing many Pokemon's powers and for using shitty moves and strategies prefer this to redubbing over all the cries.

Third, and this has been bugging me since the Colosseum games. Why is it, that after FIVE, let me repeat, FIVE games, you still can't see your Pokemon and their Pokemon at the same time when they're doing something? Seriously, you never do. If your Pokemon is using Tackle or Volt Tackle, it would make more sense to show them actually HITTING the Pokemon instead of the same stock footage.

Some attacks do that, you're just not picking the right ones, or you haven't been lucky enough for the camera angle to show the attacker attacking the target. I've seen my Heracross literally smack the enemy with its horn when using Megahorn.

Fourth, the lack of being able to use Legendary Pokemon in online battles is a real letdown to most people. Some say it's a glitch and some say it was done intentionally. But there's no excuse. Nintendo had plenty of time to go back and fix issues like this, and for a glitch like this to happen is just a disgrace. And if it was intentional, then all it is, is a gimmick. You shouldn't need a gimmick to make a game harder, it should be challenging on its own.

Serves them right for using trophies rather than actual competition Pokemon. This topic's been done to death.

And here's the kicker, you're paying 50 bucks for this all. That's right. I'm not making this up. You will be paying 50 bucks for this if you choose to buy it.

So wait a year and buy it for forty. Think about that. Emerald has been out for years and it still costs fifty.

Bottom Line: Well, if you're a die-hard Pokemon fan then you'll probably buy this regardless of what I say (you might already have it). Those of you that really love multiplayer battles will probably want to check it out. But rent it first. Those that play games to enjoy storylines, avoid this game. It won't satisfy you in the least. And if you HAVE to buy it, wait until the price goes down, because it just isn't worth 50 bucks with all the issues it has. Trust me, there'll still be copies left when the price goes down.

- already bought it
- love the competition element
- pwn at least three random PBR n00bs a day
- also love RPGs for their storyline
- PBR isn't an RPG. :P
- willing to not wait a year and to pay the extra ten bucks for the ability to bash random n00bs into the pavement in beautiful 3D WITHOUT FRIEND CODES.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Also, the price of the game may be 50 bucks, but I'm only going to pay 30 for it, if I buy it at all.

So wait a year and buy it for forty. Think about that. Emerald has been out for years and it still costs fifty, and it's a freaking GBA game.

I believe my point has been made. :D

SBaby
July 4th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Not replacing cries shows that they still respect their roots. People like me who love the games but hate the anime for misconstruing many Pokemon's powers and for using shitty moves and strategies prefer this to redubbing over all the cries.

Some attacks do that, you're just not picking the right ones, or you haven't been lucky enough for the camera angle to show the attacker attacking the target. I've seen my Heracross literally smack the enemy with its horn when using Megahorn.

Serves them right for using trophies rather than actual competition Pokemon. This topic's been done to death.

So wait a year and buy it for forty. Think about that. Emerald has been out for years and it still costs fifty.

- already bought it
- love the competition element
- pwn at least three random PBR n00bs a day
- also love RPGs for their storyline
- PBR isn't an RPG. :P
- willing to not wait a year and to pay the extra ten bucks for the ability to bash random n00bs into the pavement in beautiful 3D WITHOUT FRIEND CODES.

It'll probably take far less than a year for this one to get down to 40 bucks. It'll be nowhere near as popular as Emerald, because there just aren't enough features in it to keep people playing. If it isn't that price new, you can still expect to see copies of it used for less. I've already got people over at my store asking how much we'll buy it for. If the reviews on Gamefaqs are any indication, it'll probably drop in price in a few months.

Regarding the Legendaries, it's still nothing but a gimmick. I'm just glad I found out about that, because it would've been BAD if I bought it first.

Respecting their roots. If they respected their roots so much, then why isn't Misty in the Anime any more?

When my Pokemon hits an enemy, this is what happens. You see the Pokemon launch into its attack, such as Iron Tail (I'm a sucker for Pachirisu). Then, you either see a side or front view of the enemy getting hit. Not once have I seen the enemy get hit by the Pokemon in question. If it takes that long to see them, then the camera angles could just be bad. Anyway, this part wasn't detrimental to the game or anything, it was just annoying.

I see that you don't get what I mean. No one likes your whining. This topic is dead starting now.

My arguments are going to stop right at this post. In my opinion, the game isn't lacking anything. Best thing I bought. No regrets.

It's not whining. It's a hard fact. And if you refuse to accept it, that's your decision. You're a die-hard fan. And die-hard fans will buy it, regardless of what people say. People still wanted to play Deadly Towers for the NES even though so many reviewers said it was a bad game. And that's fine. But don't go around flaming other people for their opinions.

Pazuzu
July 5th, 2007, 03:22 AM
Alright... so much for 'mature' discussions.

All spam/flame/pointless posts have been deleted, if I didn't miss any. I'm still thinking about who will receive some warnings for the crap they posted.
I'm also amazed that neither of you found the report button to end this, but instead continously fuled the fire with their own posts. Big fail there.

So, since this thread failed so badly, I'm putting an end to it here.

~closed~