PDA

View Full Version : If you could choose any pokemon to start with...

Isaac 1
May 18th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Who would it be. I would start w/ a Zapdos

Corsola
May 18th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Corsola :D

obviously XD!!! Corsola to me has some good attacks already so yay

Iveechan
May 18th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Gee, starting off with a legendary Pokemon, how fair.

I'd like to start with a Hitmonchan, but if evolutions are out of the question, then a Heracross. See, no evolutions :D.

Frostweaver
May 18th, 2004, 10:13 PM
lol... I don't think it works that way Iveechan ^_^; Starters seem to have to have a total of 3 different stage of evolution. And so in terms of fighting type, there's just Machop and only Machop for you ;p

Not much choice for me too... Spheal o.o;
I really like the whole Spheal family... except for Walrein because it evolves from a beloved seal to a freaky walrus (I hate walrus in real life too, and I love seal in real life...). Too bad no Chinchou, no Wooper, no Seel to choose o.o;

Purin
May 18th, 2004, 11:01 PM
I want an Igglybuff for a start. It's a baby Pokemon which has 3 stages of evolution! =D
If I can't have Igglybuff I won't mind having a Pichu. Some of the cuter Pokemon that I like =P

Phoenix Boy
May 18th, 2004, 11:07 PM
I would take bulbasaur cos of its great attacks

Aedan
May 18th, 2004, 11:31 PM
If it didnt have to have 3 evolutions, i would choose Meowth...

Otherwise, an Eevee would be great..

Fox_Die
May 19th, 2004, 12:40 AM
I'd like to start off with a tyranitar

AJHalliwell
May 19th, 2004, 11:07 AM
BULBASAUR RULES! eh hem. And not just for its attacks, its just plain out the cutest, smartest, toughest, coolest, pokemon! If i lived in *Any city* i'd move to Pallet, just to get Bulbasaur.
But, otherwise. Hm, I've always wanted bulbasaur! lol. And the starters aren't always three-evolution pokemon. Misty started out with a staryu, and Brock an Onix. I think misty started off with staryu. Either Staryu or Goldeen, I've always assumed a staryu that evolved into Starmie. Hm, intesting! lol- off topic. Oh, Erika started off with a Gloom. And Max almost started with slakoth. Wait, does that have three evolutions? I think so. Hm.
There were those ones that started off with Nidorans (male and female). Thats all I can think of right now. Well, I'd start off with Bulbasaur. Other then that, I would literally accept ANY pokemon! I'd even imagined how I could love a goldeen if it was a pokemon i'd gotten. All pokemon would be nice! (all as in any, but all of them is okay to)

Chairman Kaga
May 19th, 2004, 11:27 AM
If we had to follow the three-evolution rule, I'd probably have to chose Larvitar or Dratini...if not, I would choose something like Dunsparce, Chimecho, or Murkrow...neglected stuff rules :P

~*Silent Tattsu*~
May 19th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Hmmmmm... *Goes off into my Pokemon daydream world* I'd love to start off with a very young Absol , a Togepi or a Eevee ^__^ They'd fit me fine !

jj984jj
May 19th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Zapdos? Absol? How fair. :P

Well if it were upto me I'd start out with a Altaria and if I could pick a legendary I'd pick Jirachi, ^^ but that's not really fair either.

Sparks_67
May 19th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I want to start off with a houndour or teddiursa.

DragonTrainer
May 19th, 2004, 04:27 PM
I, myself, would definetely pick a dratini, hands down. It's final evolution, Dragonite, has been my favorite pokemon since I can remember, can you tell? It's just so graceful, gallant, and not bad of a pokemon all together. It has some decent stats, and a nice, all around movepool, enough for me anyways. I'm not hardcore player or netbattler, but I think Dragonite would be an awesome pokemon to have :P

~DragonTrainer:dragonite

Kairi
May 19th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Theres Poliwrath and Blaziken, even though their respective original forms arent fighting. ^_^;;

Oh well, Id take Pichuu I guess. Its my favorite Pokmon, even if its last evolution cant do much at all. -.-;

Kayleigh
May 19th, 2004, 04:32 PM
I like Raichu! It's so cute. ^_^; Anyways...

I would definately start out with a Pichu. I don't care about its stats or anything, lol. I want a Pikachu so much, and starting out with its super-cute pre-evolved form would not be a bad idea. Whoever created Pikachu is a genius, in my opinion. It's just the most adorable thing ever, and if you disagree, then I'll come hunt you down and attack you!

Not really, but don't say it, just incase. >_>

Frostweaver
May 19th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Call me strange but I just find Quagsire to be so much cuter than Raichu o.o; (Pichu and Pikachu...? Umm... just as cute ;p)

Now if I can bend the rule... then I'll either take one of the following: Wooper, Seel, Chikorita, Chinchou, Lapras... la di la di la~~

Actually... I can use Horsea as well ^-^

*dream team of favorites: Articuno, Lapras, Quagsire, Dewgong, Lanturn, Kingdra*
*winning rate for dream team: 2:50, as there are times where those sheer colds will be lucky and work out in my favor XD;*

Kairi
May 19th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Its cute, but it just cant cut it without some luck or maybe against other UUs HP water isnt the same as Surf Im afraid. Oh well.
This post was aimed at Kayleigh. o.o;

Frostweaver
May 19th, 2004, 04:47 PM
the last time I've seen a Raichu definitely surprised me... it went physical... o.o; It subbed on my switch and then focus punched next turn x_x; (Poor poor Zangoose!)

Raichu is just lacking speed and special attack compare to Jolteon, who has a better ability too (not to mention baton passing skill)

Kayleigh
May 19th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Call me strange but I just find Quagsire to be so much cuter than Raichu o.o; (Pichu and Pikachu...? Umm... just as cute ;p)I'm glad you think so, lol. And Chikorita is just as cute! It's one of my favorites. I love the design; its color, the little leaf, its feet, it big, adorable eyes, everything!

Its cute, but it just cant cut it without some luck or maybe against other UUs HP water isnt the same as Surf Im afraid. Oh well.
This post was aimed at Kayleigh. Ooh, well, good point. Pikachu didn't seem to be very... good on Colloseum, in my opinion. (Since we're talking about this stuff.) Either that, or I'm just a bad Trainer. o_o; I couldn't even get one hit on the Easy level. The other Pokmon always KO'd it first. But, all three of those evolutions [Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu] are still cute. They would be nice for little companions, maybe not so much for fighting, but just to have as a little pet, kind of how Togepi is to Misty. I would love to have a little baby one! ^_^

Varied Deoxys
May 19th, 2004, 04:53 PM
I'd like to see a miniature version of Deoxys.

I once played a Crystal Hack that when I got to the part where I got to choose a starter, there was a really long table with all 251 Pokemon to choose from! I picked Mareep.

Sparks_67
May 19th, 2004, 05:16 PM
But you know wooper. I jusr ask cause frost likes them plus they are resistant to thunder but very weak to grass.

Frostweaver
May 19th, 2004, 05:21 PM
But you know wooper. I jusr ask cause frost likes them plus they are resistant to thunder but very weak to grass.
and not to mention, almost all dragons are very weak to ice as well. Deoxy can't do crap against quick attacker. Blissey makes 1/3 of all Pokemon in the world useless, while Skarmory can also wipe out another 1/3. Armaldo destroys Ninjask, but Ninjask is still used quite commonly. Shedinja can get OHKO by a lot of stuff, but is still consider to be useful sometimes. Just because it's weak, doesn't mean it's not usable.

Quagsire is in fact one of the only 3 usable Pokemon in my team of favorites that is actually usable in the real game, being completely resistance to both electric and water is a great advantage. (the other being Lanturn and Kingdra, and the whole beam is screwed by a single Blissey or Regice, that is if sheer cold misses ^^; )

Sparks_67
May 19th, 2004, 05:28 PM
But if you teach a sableye skill swap and then throw out a shednija it will be invicble unless you have a pokemon that knows oder sleuth or foresight and a fighting move.

Frostweaver
May 19th, 2004, 05:31 PM
But if you teach a sableye skill swap and then throw out a shednija it will be invicble unless you have a pokemon that knows oder sleuth or foresight and a fighting move.And out comes Skarmory and roar...

and that's gg for "invincible" sableye

Plus on top of that, I'm not sure if skill swap will even hit on Shedinja... (not sure about trace either since I never bothered to look up Shedinja's technical information when T-tar roams around NB for endless days)

Sparks_67
May 19th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Okay but sableye I think is 2 weak for anything.

ryan
May 19th, 2004, 05:38 PM
i'd start with... squirtle (creative... i know) *so cool*

Frostweaver
May 19th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Sableye is a UU for stalling though... it has an excellent movepool with toxic, confuse ray night shade and recover all at once... well but the defensive stats is pure repulsive... just like how Cacturne's moveset all are defensive based, but its stats say that it's a slow sweeper o.o;

hmm...

Sparks_67
May 19th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Yay but you know tyranitar theres a pokemon for you.

Frostweaver
May 19th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Squirtle... hehe I use it on my team too as Suicune replacement ^^
(due to a much hated personality of mine to treat using Suicune on any team of mine as S-I-N, I just have to use something weaker that can stall and haze/pseudohaze at the same time)

Tyranitar... x_x; I'm starting to hate it so much now after seeing it two times out of every 5 battle

Sparks_67
May 19th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Well thats wierd I hardly see one but you know red in crystal he was evil.

Scyther5
May 19th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Scyther, Just because he is my favorite.
Of corse I would catch a few making the team I wanted, maybe carry around 8 pokeballs with me. Who says you can only have 6 with you? XD

Frostweaver
May 19th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Well thats wierd I hardly see one but you know red in crystal he was evil.
it's usually metagross, salamence or tyranitar as the physical sweeper anyway...

Red is not even close to evil... his only strong Pokemon is a snorlax, and thank goodness it doesn't have curse but amnesia instead? That means, it's physical completely vulnerable...

Sparks_67
May 19th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Know his blastoise has a evil glow it wont die it takes about 3 thunders and 2 solarbeams.

jscn12
May 20th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Um.....I would probably go with a Venusaur becuase he's cool and grass. But, Slaking would be cool becuase he is the strongest pokemon on my team....beat that lame heracross (yea....you heard me ryan...)

ryan
May 20th, 2004, 08:27 PM
wow, i thought you said that you weren't going to get in my face about it because i've beaten you over 100 times, but... that lame john, always goes back on his word (yea... you heard me john...)

Iveechan
May 20th, 2004, 10:22 PM
lol... I don't think it works that way Iveechan ^_^; Starters seem to have to have a total of 3 different stage of evolution. And so in terms of fighting type, there's just Machop and only Machop for you ;p

Why are you targetting me when others want to start with freakin' legends and two-stage Pokemon? This is personal opinion.

Well, if I HAD to choose a 3 stage Pokemon, then Trapinch. Slow as heck and takes forver to reach its 2nd form, but those early dark moves could be useful, and I like Flygon.

Fox_Die
May 21st, 2004, 11:57 AM
raichu rulz...

I would start off with either tyranitar, beldum, bagon, pikachu, absol or eevee

jscn12
May 22nd, 2004, 05:03 PM
wow, i thought you said that you weren't going to get in my face about it because i've beaten you over 100 times, but... that lame john, always goes back on his word (yea... you heard me john...)

Fine ryan, you're heracross owns my team....except slaking.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
May 22nd, 2004, 05:12 PM
Pikachu, my favorite. So clich, I know...

~Dazed and Confused Dude

Mew13
May 23rd, 2004, 08:35 AM
I'd start with Riachu, Azuril, or Mew!! (ehehe, I'm a sucker for the cute ones....)

Muffin Man
May 25th, 2004, 11:34 AM
I'd start with a larvitar, definitely a pokemon at its base evolution stage anyway.

Porygon
May 25th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Do I really have to say? Lol! Porygon!!!

IceKitten
May 25th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Beldum if it was 3 stage
Milotic if not...

fangle spangle
May 26th, 2004, 02:55 AM
golbat if it didnt end up being a crobat, golbats rule!

failing that id go for a larvitar or a houndour

IceKitten
May 26th, 2004, 06:51 AM
LOL!!!!
The world is purple like an orangehttp://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/funny/jump1.gif

shining_light
May 26th, 2004, 07:16 AM
dragonair! or if you can't start out with evolved ones, dratini!s

Zeo
May 27th, 2004, 12:39 AM
I'd get my Dad to catch me a Pichu when I'm 8, and keep it as a pet. hopefully it would evolve before I turned 10. then I'd start my journey with a Pikachu that has been with me for 2 extra year!

Turbo The Porcupine
May 27th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Sandshrew. But only for the Evolution.

Pooty
May 27th, 2004, 02:57 AM
I'd choose Mareep. Mareep is my favourite Pokemon.

Aggron91
May 29th, 2004, 01:54 AM
the one that evolves in to tyranitar, its so flippin powerful

AngelWolfie
May 29th, 2004, 04:12 AM
SUICUNE!!!!!
Or Espeon....But you could ride a suicune around...and it's just sooo beutiful....

raveberuk
May 29th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Magicarp! It shows your true pokemon trainer's skill! :paranoid:

Shows if you can train your pokemon well? :cheeky:

Rave :dead:

+el_pal
May 29th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Plusle! It's cute and electric types grow pretty powerful!

asher_son_of_ash
May 29th, 2004, 06:48 AM
I would choose Magikarp. =] It would evolve into the super cool Gyarados with great training. o.O; But If I had to pick a Pokemon with three evolvutions I would choose Azurill as a starter. :p

AJHalliwell
May 29th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Magikarp is cool! But I'd catch one, i wouldn't wanna start off with it, lol. (Easier to catch then say...Squirtle)
Hm, I wonder if there are some unofficial trainers out there that start with a Caterpie they found in their moms garden, or a Ratatta they found and nursed back to health! That's a happy though :)
If pokemon was real, I would have a small pokemon zoo before the age of ten. Ratatta, weepinbell, Bellsprout, oddish, even pet magikarp! All in my back yard, and all kinds of other stuff. Okay, I'm rambling.

Jeikobu
May 29th, 2004, 05:04 PM
None other than Hitokage. :)