PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess

Jeremy
July 2nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
Hey sweeties who played both of these great games. x3 I would like to hear which do you think is better? Ocarina of Time of Twilight Princess?

Twilight Princess has great controls and fun boss battles and a story full of twists, but Ocraina of Time is Ocarina of Time.

I have beaten both games, and I'm still a little shaky on deciding which is better. XD But I have to say Wind Waker roxxors my boxxors. XD

Well you sweeties, what do you think? =3

Ariolander
July 2nd, 2007, 04:10 PM
Ocraina of Time is a game of legendary status. It is one of those games that every other game in the genre is held against afterwards. It serves as a benchmark of modern games that every one following it must try to match and surpass. None have yet to but some... have gotten close.

It is by no means perfect but it is one of those trully revolutionary titles that changed gaming as we know it.

~Misty~
July 2nd, 2007, 04:23 PM
Ocarina of Time,

I Love the gameplay and the music, come on! Who doesn't love it.

I mean graphical wise it's not the best of the bunch but it is memorable and everyone knows it...

TRIFORCE89
July 2nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
Majora's Mask > Ocarina of Time > Twilight Princess > The Wind Waker

I like them all, but...it was just too simple. And it was trying to hard to be like OoT or even better than OoT. THis brought it dow nand prevented it from becoming its own game. And Ganondorf was just taked on there. He's my favourite LoZ character. If you mess him up, I'll hate the game.

Vanilla Kitsune
July 2nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
I prefer Ocarina of Time. It never gets old. :x

AztecSunshine
July 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
am i the only one who likes twilight princess more?

Captain Arcane
July 2nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
As much as Ocarina of time has a great story, I think Twilight Princess is better. But if Nintendo were to remake The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening for the Wii, that would totaly beat them all. The story for links awakening is great, plus tons of bosses too. =P

Ninja Monkey
July 3rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
I'm going to say...

1: Majora's Mask
2: Twilight Princess
3: Ocarina of Time
4: Wind Waker
5: Link to the Past

Shiny Umbreon
July 3rd, 2007, 12:58 PM
I heard Twilight Princess has many features from Ocarina of Time, but much better. In my opinion, it loks like the best Zelda game because of the videos and stuff I've seen. I'm not sure because I don't have a Wii, yet, though.

diamondpearl876
July 3rd, 2007, 01:20 PM
Personally, I like Twilight Princess more. I haven't beat it yet but the graphics are a lot better, and so is the story. That's just my opinion.. plus, I like the wolf link feature. And Midna > Navi.

Melody
July 3rd, 2007, 07:04 PM
Well I look at it this way:
?.Twilight Princess[I havent played it yet So I'm not sure]
1.Ocarina of Time
2.Wind Waker
3.Links Awakening
4.Minish cap
5.Link to the Past/Four Swords
6.Oracle of Ages/Seasons
7.Four Swords Adventures

mdarkcecil
July 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I think Majora's mask was the best, but since I can't choose that...Ocarina of time. Atleast it's completeable, on the twilight princess, i can't get anywhere it's confusing

Esupio
July 4th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Personally, I like Twilight Princess more. I haven't beat it yet but the graphics are a lot better, and so is the story. That's just my opinion.. plus, I like the wolf link feature. And Midna > Navi.

Of course the graphics are better, the games are from different generations.

I've never played through ocarina of time fully, so I can't really judge them
but from what I played of both, the beggining was a bit dull for both of the games and as soon as you turn adult (or get the master sword, in TP), the game gets good and much more exciting gameplay wise and story wise

But for me its TP.

Rebellious Treecko
July 5th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I think that Ocarina of Time is longer than Twight Princess with more dungeons, but Twight Princess has better boss battles, and storyline.
I did get dissapointed about the final battle with Ganondorf though, it sure wasn't "more than I would ever expect".

Revolution
July 5th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Ocarina of Time is a great game but i really like the wolf in Twilight Princess.

umbreon67696
July 6th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Well...I haven't beaten either one of them, and I've only played Ocarina of Time. Its really good, but I say graphics on Twilight Princess are better.

But Windwaker is the best. <3 I love the graphics on it. <3

Eureka1
July 7th, 2007, 02:13 PM
the new one is crap

so i say the one thats possibly the best game ever

(no brainer)

Jeremy
July 7th, 2007, 05:29 PM
How could I forget Majora's Mask, sweeties? XD MM was good, because it had some new elements to it. Also it fustrated me the most. XD

Anyway, now that I think about, TP was trying a little too hard to recreate itself as OoT, like how New Super Mario Bros tried too hard to recreate the effect orignal Super Mario Bros had. It's still good to me, but still.

I'm going to say Wind Waker Ocarina of Time. =3

Rebellious Treecko
July 7th, 2007, 05:35 PM
How could I forget Majora's Mask, sweeties? XD MM was good, because it had some new elements to it. Also it fustrated me the most. XD

Anyway, now that I think about, TP was trying a little too hard to recreate itself as OoT, like how New Super Mario Bros tried too hard to recreate the effect orignal Super Mario Bros had. It's still good to me, but still.

I'm going to say Wind Waker Ocarina of Time. =3

I love Majora's mask, it has such a dark, and sad tone to it.
The last Zelda game better be like that.

The Oracle series are also pretty nice, thanks to the unique linking system they have. There's so much to do, even after you've beaten one of the two games.

The Wind Waker...I liked the cel-shaded graphics, and I liked the boss battles, but there weren't many dungeons, only 5.
Most of the game after that is sailing around the great sea, trying to find those Triforce pieces. I could never finish that part without AR, because it was so long and boring. Not to mention some pieces are annoyingly hard to find.

Latios&Latias381382
July 9th, 2007, 09:46 PM
I own TP and Ocarina of Time (on the GameCube thing) but i think ocarina of time is better, but harder.

Ninja Monkey
July 9th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I love Majora's mask, it has such a dark, and sad tone to it.
The last Zelda game better be like that.

The Oracle series are also pretty nice, thanks to the unique linking system they have. There's so much to do, even after you've beaten one of the two games.

The Wind Waker...I liked the cel-shaded graphics, and I liked the boss battles, but there weren't many dungeons, only 5.
Most of the game after that is sailing around the great sea, trying to find those Triforce pieces. I could never finish that part without AR, because it was so long and boring. Not to mention some pieces are annoyingly hard to find.
That's why I only played through Wind Waker once, I couldn't stand to do that stupid Triforce treasure hunt again.

Toshinden
July 11th, 2007, 09:38 AM
You pretty much can't argue with the classics. Obviously Twilight Princess looks more crisp, and there's more stuff to do, but OoT is a great game, and no future game can take any credibility away from it.

*edit* then again, I forgot that you can race a large Yeti down a steep hill as many times as you want... Man, that was awesome.

Yoshistar64
July 11th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Wind Waker was awesome! I liked the controls, being kid Link for the whole game, and I even liked that part with the Triforce hunting..! There was a huge sense of adventure there.

... but that's besides the point. If I remember from back then, Ocarina also had a sense of adventure. Twilight Princess was good, but it was one sided (in my opinion) and the wolf part felt gimmicky and away from Zelda gameplay.

All just IN MY OPINION

Always and Never
July 11th, 2007, 12:09 PM
What do you think I'm picking?

Majora's Mask is always gonna be held in hig regard to me. I mean the ending video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhXIdxN8kKs&mode=related&search=

Is the best cutscene in Zelda history.

Majora's Mask is always going to be my favorite.

Toshinden
July 12th, 2007, 12:07 AM
What do you think I'm picking?

Majora's Mask is always gonna be held in hig regard to me. I mean the ending video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhXIdxN8kKs&mode=related&search=

Is the best cutscene in Zelda history.

Majora's Mask is always going to be my favorite.

I love that cutscene as well, but the crappy punk song at the beginning of it sorta ruined it for me...

shwoop-de-wooper
July 12th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I mean graphical wise it's not the best of the bunch but it is memorable and everyone knows it...

for the times though the graphics were amazing.

Anyway Ocarina all the way. linkXmalon lol

Goblinaro
July 13th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I can't decide. I agree with everyone on Ocarina of Time, but Nintendo took YEARS to make Twilight Princess. Fans of this genre have waited years for this game. My friend said he reserved a copy of it for the gamecube, and that was when I turned eleven!! The graphics are better than ocarina of time, thats true, but Twilight Princess came out in 2006! Ocarina of Time came out in 1998!! If the Zelda genre was to keep improving as steadily as it was way back then, Twilight Princess should be even better than what it is. OoT's graphics were great for its time, and while TP's is good for its time, it could have been better. And most of the Zelda games always have a great storyline, so there's no difference there for the two. The gameplay and control scheme would probably have to go to TP's Wii version. So they're pretty even'd out, but while I've only played one of them, I truly couldn't decide unless there was a gun pointed at my head, and I HAD to choose one or the other. in which case I would choose Twilight Princess, just because I've played Ocarina of Time a lot, and isn't really as much fun to me as it was when I first solved all the games puzzles and dungeons. And I've been dying to play Twilight Princess. However, really and truly, they're both equals to me in my heart.

Youji
July 15th, 2007, 03:52 AM
I love TP. It's a great graphic ((Wii) I don't know how it is on NGC) and a great controlling. Also the story is very great.

Deathtolight
July 17th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Ocarina of time, its probably one of the best video games ever created

TRIFORCE89
July 20th, 2007, 01:55 PM
charmander07, the graphics are identical in the GCN and Wii version of TP. Even though it is on the Wii, what you're seeing is GameCube graphics.

the only visual differences is that the Wii version is flipped and you can play it in 16:9 widescreen. Both version features 480p output.

Dr.Stiles
July 20th, 2007, 01:59 PM
well i have ocarina of time for my gamecube and i havent played twilight princess and i really love playing ocarina of time and twilight princess looks so awesome so i guess id go with TP

BoBoMaster13
July 26th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Ocarina of Time FTW!!! A classic, i could play it over and over!

lookoutapiano
July 29th, 2007, 09:42 AM
I voted for Ocarina of Time. I really like both of them but although Twilight Princess is very impressive it's missing some things that Ocarina of Time has. I also think Wind Waker's a great game.

Rayman6
July 29th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Sorry but I have to go with Twilight Princess it is just so much better.

Sal Kar
July 29th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Ocorina of time, its just classic (if you wouldn't mind me saying, the sweeties thing is kinda scary).