PDA

View Full Version : Shinies.

Xionixx
July 3rd, 2007, 09:57 PM
Do shinies show up on Battle Revolution?

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
Yes. They have a sparkling circle around them when they appear.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 10:22 PM
I'm not sure if that's quite right though, because my groudon comes out sparkling, but he's not a shiny. x.x

Barboach
July 3rd, 2007, 10:24 PM
Maybe thats cause he's a legendary, like Milotic in XD Gale of Darkness has blue sparkles around it in battle.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 PM
But it's not shiny. Why would my groudon, whom had never been shiny up to this point, suddenly been shiny?

and I don't think blue sparkles qualify as shiny. that's not an actual color difference.

Barboach
July 3rd, 2007, 10:28 PM
No it has blue sparkles because thats the way they made Milotic in Gale of Darkness. Maybe in revoulution they made Groundon have sparkles around it, just like Kyogre might have too.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
But that doesn't mean it's shiny. c.c Shiny pokemon ahve alternate colors to them. they're just also recognized by a brief sparkle as they come out of the ball.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 10:41 PM
I'm not sure if that's quite right though, because my groudon comes out sparkling, but he's not a shiny. x.x

That would be the effect of the specific ball it's in, I'm guessing.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 11:10 PM
You mean ball capsule, and I wasn't aware that they had integrated ball capsules in PBR.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 11:11 PM
No, I meant the specific ball. Each ball has a different burst of light, which I know from trying different Pokeball types myself both in D/P and PBR. A friend of mine had his team in capsules, but they didn't show the effects when we did a DS Battle. I know because I looked for the letter seals he had put on his whole team.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 11:19 PM
Well, I don't see how it would make the pokemon sparkle, but I guess the money is on 'it's shiny when it comes out' which is different from 'it's shiny the whole damn battle.'

Xionixx
July 4th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Pokemon caught in a masterball have little sparkles upon entry to the field.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Like I said, it's the ball effect. :D

Lxylia
July 4th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Like I said, it's the ball effect. :D

Agreed! I have never owned a shiny pokemon and yet some of my pokemon when thrown into field comes up with sparkles. it is ball effect. -agrees with Ichida- ^^

Vaddix
July 7th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I like Shiny Medicham and the pose he's got!

evilcheese
August 1st, 2007, 04:42 PM
I have an action replay so I see alot of shinies. they look really cool

Ho-oh arabia
August 1st, 2007, 05:03 PM
lugia and ho-oh come out, lugia red, ho-oh yellow, and a star spirals up around each one. Now THAT is shiny.