PDA

View Full Version : Nubers without ubers are just noobs.

Pages : [1] 2

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 10:25 PM
So anyway, today they let us play without legendaries. And it was a BIG difference. one trainer I played, five of his pokemon were weak to ground type moves. Swampert used earthquake on him three times, and then I had won. Most of these people are nothing without a bunch of legendaries.

sims796
July 3rd, 2007, 10:28 PM
Thank You. I Hate Noobs Whose Whole Team Relies On Ubers. Take That Away, Their Nothing. Then They Think They Are Great Trainers, All While Using Ubers.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
I did meet a few good ones up there, though. I found out from one battle that I need a better pokemon with fire moves. These Bronzong and Metagross are killing me. didn't help I actually ended up battling him twice, so that was two losses on my docket.

sims796
July 3rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
Ah, what a shame. Well, they just don't make noobs like they used to.

Pogiforce-14
July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 PM
A good chunk of my battles were pretty easy, though. I still can't get over that one guy trying to use thunderbolt on a swampert.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 10:39 PM
Hehe, most n00bs won't know the elemental chart will make improper generalizations.

It's a glorious, new, legendary-free age for us competitive trainers! :D

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 11:08 PM
So, they banned the use of legendaries?
That's kind of dumb, they should make it so that there's two different leagues, one with legendaries and one without. If they don't want us to use legendaries competitively they shouldn't have put them in the game. I understand that legendaries are a kind of pokemon on steroids, and should not be used constantly, but they have a place.

Also, I would like to say, that some of the combinations in DP surprised me, like Empoleon being water/steel and Infernape being fire/fighting (well, I kind of expected it that they would be that), it was very interesting how they tossed up the original rock/paper/scissors style of play.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 11:09 PM
Legendaries are really only there as rewards for completing story arcs. <.<;

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 11:10 PM
What good is the reward if you can't use it?

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 11:12 PM
They're trophies. Trophies you can use for not much more than to sweep in-game trainers and the Elite Four.

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 11:17 PM
Hey, I feel bad now, I didn't use any legendaries when I beat the elite 4. I even took deoxys off my team.

Ichida
July 3rd, 2007, 11:20 PM
Well, it really doesn't matter what you use to beat in-game enemies, as long as you win. It's when doing any serious PvP battling that legendaries become a no-no. :P

от_Ian
July 3rd, 2007, 11:29 PM
I still want to make a team of 'cute legendaries' uxie, mew, mespirit, azelf, manaphy, and celebi.
I don't expect to go anywhere with them, they're all psychic which means it's easily picked apart. But I think it'd be funny.

Angle-san
July 3rd, 2007, 11:36 PM
I'm glad to hear that a ban on ubers is happening .
It get's old when you face uber teams because it could mean a very slim chance on winning.

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I still think that there should be an arena where ubers are allowed.

sims796
July 4th, 2007, 05:52 AM
I still think that there should be an arena where ubers are allowed.

Well in Gardenia's thread "NO MORE UBERS". We addressed this same topic. Everyone there agreed that there should be a seperate tournament for legens only. Pokemon that you can't use aren't worth catching.

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 07:45 AM
i hate uppers my brother used a full team of uppers aginst me but i but them all to sleep uppers are no use in front of ev's

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 12:06 PM
If you want an uber tier competition, organize an unofficial tourney of ubers for yourselves in D/P, or something.

Abyssion
July 4th, 2007, 12:12 PM
This is an Uber ban and not a Legendary ban, right? They've banned just Ubers before, so I hope that's the case. I REALLY want to use a Cresselia once I get this game.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 12:30 PM
As if it makes a difference. Legendaries altogether should be banned, whether they are or not at this point.

Abyssion
July 4th, 2007, 12:37 PM
As if it makes a difference. Legendaries altogether should be banned, whether they are or not at this point.

Legendaries like Azelf are quite a bit weaker than legendaries like Lugia. Garchomp, Dragonite, Metagross, Tyranitar, Salamence are up there with the weaker legendaries, so banning all legendaries and leaving them alone is...odd (couldn't think of a better word... >.>).

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 12:43 PM
As I've said before, I consider legendaries nothing more than trophies for completing story arcs you can use to sweep the in-game trainers and the Elite Four.

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 12:46 PM
ppl who use a full team of untraind legends are lazy to train they don't want to go hunt for electrizer and evo a elekid to breed then go get the right nature and than ev train him this would take a while but it well pay of at the end i breeded about 60 ralts to get a female modest one

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 12:53 PM
I went through around 120 eggs each when I was breeding Staryu and Roselia, lol.

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 12:55 PM
You guys know what? People use ubers for a reason.

Not everyone has the patience to EV train or buy TM's and crap.

Not everyone feels like ogling at stats and natures.

Some people want to play the game.

Not everyone bought the game to do a lot of complicated math and stuff.

So stop saying whoever uses ubers are n00bs.

They're as much of pokemon players as any of you.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 12:59 PM
And some of us want to win. :D Don't have the patience? Don't count on winning against players like us. This is a game of stats, natures, movesets, and elements. If you can't accept that, stick to fighting in-game trainers and other wannabes.

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 12:59 PM
if they can't train than why would they buy the game in the first place? it's like geting a pool with out swimming in it

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:01 PM
XDDD, nice simile, and a valid point. :P

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:03 PM
And some of us want to win. :D

Well, then start training.

You can't always blaim your loss at battles on the opponent.

It could be partly your fault for having crappy pokemon.

And dark mudkib, people buy the game to have fun. Ever heard of fun?

Oh, my bad, I forgot, you're all too busy figuring out EV's, IV's and natures to even play the damn game at all.

My mistake :)

Abyssion
July 4th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Blah...Blah...Blah

O RLY? Trainers who use pokemon strait from the wild are just as much of pokémon players as those who EV train, breed, and use strategy? XD

You are telling us to start training? XD

O RLY?

*rolls on the floor laughing*

You know what's fun? Whiping the floor with the faces of people like you. XD

Oh, my bad, I forgot, you're all too busy figuring out EV's, IV's and natures to even play the damn game at all.
That's called using strategy. It makes you a better pokémon trainer. XD

*keeps laughing at j00*

~Misty~
July 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM

Yoshimitsu,

We just don't like people who use Legendaries and destroy our Hardly trained Pokemon...

and you don't have to be mean about it...

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:05 PM
O RLY? Trainers who use pokemon strait from the wild are just as much of pokémon players as those who EV train, breed, and use strategy? XD

No, idiot. You better read my WHOLE post.

Don't you dare try to single out one line and try to make me look stupid.

And yes, they are pokemon players.

They turn on their DS and play the game, don't they?!

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 01:06 PM
no i am not busy at all i have lots of free time while breeding i go in tall grass for capturing any thing that might be good after i hatch 6 eggs i come back agin to the day care man get 6 eggs and go some where like the great marsh

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM
no i am not busy at all i have lots of free time while breeding i go in tall grass for capturing any thing that might be good after i hatch 6 eggs i come back agin to the day care man get 6 eggs and go some where like the great marsh

The dictionary is your friend.

I didn't understand a word you said.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM

My training's done. My Pokemon are all finished and kicking ass already, with my 71-21 battle record. I don't mind the odd loss; gives me a chance to rethink my strategies. Oh, and I even made time to collect each and every Pokemon. You think we're not having fun because we're advanced strategists? Winning is fun, isn't it? That's what I do; win. Why? Because I took the time to plan out my team and train them up properly. You should try it sometime.

~Misty~
July 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM
The dictionary is your friend.

I didn't understand a word you said.

WOW!! That was TOTALLY INSULTING!!!
You could just asked politely.

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Why? Because I took the time to plan out my team and train them up properly. You should try it sometime.

Dude.

You take a hunk pf pixels so seriously. So you're telling me, you actually sit down and actually put thought into the game?

Must I remind you, Pokemon is a video game! It doesn't require as much work as you're giving it.

And you say winning is fun. Duh, it is fun, but you have to lose sometime as well.

And you can't get pissed at those people anyway. It's not like they know people don't like their team.

I also just noticed something else.

You guys only notice my posts when I disagree with someone. If I agreed with all of you, you guys would ignore me as usual, and shove me aside like an idiot. News! I'm not an idiot.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:12 PM
But the fact that I am giving it such serious consideration - something about 1/3 of all PokeCommunity does - is what makes us better gamers and better Pokemon trainers. You seem to play games for the sake of playing. WE play for the competition, the strategy, and the thrill of victory.

Abyssion
July 4th, 2007, 01:15 PM
No, idiot. You better read my WHOLE post.
I did read your whole post, but that one summarized it all. XP

Don't you dare try to single out one line and try to make me look stupid.

You posted that didn't you? XP

And yes, they are pokemon players.

They turn on their DS and play the game, don't they?!

Are they just as much of players as us? Not really. XD

Also notice my edited post where I make fun of your other post.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:18 PM
*rofls and nods agreeably at Abyssion's 5:03 post*

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Yoshimitsu you don't know what we feel when we win i won with my old non legendery team i beatet legends like deoxys and ho-oh if you atleast tried to make a team and battle you well feel the same and one more thing if you think we don;t have any fun well here a news flash ev training is fun breeding for the right nature is fun i am realy enjoy gettin the right nature than trade for moves and when i am fully done with my team iam sure i well be thrilled just becuse i made the team

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:20 PM
But the fact that I am giving it such serious consideration - something about 1/3 of all PokeCommunity does - is what makes us better gamers and better Pokemon trainers. You seem to play games for the sake of playing. WE play for the competition, the strategy, and the thrill of victory.

"Better gamers"? O RLY? Lemme tell you somethin', boy. You are no better than any of the people that don't EV train and stuff. We're all equal, because we all enjoy Pokemon.

I don't play Pokemon "for the sake of playing".

I play it because I enjoy it. Winning IS NOT everything.

You obviously fail to realize that.

And Abyssion, the first part of this post applies to you too. I'm sick of you arrogant people thinking you're oh so much better than people because you put too much thought into a video game.

And also, don't think just because you've been here longer than I, that you can just come up here and make fun of me. I will report you, boy.

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 01:22 PM
you don't know any thing b cuz you never tried wining with full rised team

Abyssion
July 4th, 2007, 01:22 PM
You take a hunk pf pixels so seriously. So you're telling me, you actually sit down and actually put thought into the game?

IMAGINE THAT! PUTTING THOUGHT INTO A VIDEO GAME. NO WAI!

Must I remind you, Pokemon is a video game! It doesn't require as much work as you're giving it.

Common rule of video games like pokémon: More effort = more reward.

And you say winning is fun. Duh, it is fun, but you have to lose sometime as well.

Ichida has 21 losses so far, you know. We aren't gods.

And you can't get pissed at those people anyway. It's not like they know people don't like their team. I truely doubt 80% knew their team would be hated.

I also just noticed something else.

You guys only notice my posts when I disagree with someone. If I agreed with all of you, you guys would ignore me as usual, and shove me aside like an idiot. News! I'm not an idiot. Agreement?! WHEREWHEREWHERE!?!

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:23 PM
"Better gamers"? O RLY? Lemme tell you somethin', boy. You are no better than any of the people that don't EV train and stuff.
Even though my battle record blatantly proves otherwise? :P

I play it because I enjoy it. Winning IS NOT everything.

Hark, the cry of the loser. No offense, but that is fact. Winning is fun; that's what we do. When optimistic people lose, they claim that having fun is the important thing. But they are right, having fun is the important thing, bringing me back full circle to my original point: winning is what's fun in this game, so we do what it takes to win. If you cannot learn to get with the way this game is played, then don't ***** at us because you're too lazy to learn the difference between EVs and Eevees.

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:25 PM
If you cannot learn to get with the way this game is played, then don't ***** at us because you're too lazy to learn the difference between EVs and Eevees.

Don't make me angry. That's all I've got to say to your arrogant, trifolent ass.

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 01:25 PM
*rofl @ Abyssion post* this must teach you yoshi

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:27 PM
this must teach you yoshi

That hasn't taught be anything.

Don't you dare even think for a ****ing second I've given up.

And who do you think you are, saying I've been pwned? You can't even type like a competent person.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Don't make me angry. That's all I've got to say to your arrogant, trifolent ass.

Seems like you're already angry to me. I've made my point anyways: you're too lazy to train up a real team so you put on this idealistic front about fun for all, and EVs aren't important, let's all skip merrily across Sinnoh together, tra la la. Don't like how I'm talking? Battle me, and experience the full brunt of a fully trained team's wrath!!~ Prove to me you can lose and still "have fun."

Abyssion
July 4th, 2007, 01:28 PM
"Better gamers"? O RLY? Lemme tell you somethin', boy. You are no better than any of the people that don't EV train and stuff. We're all equal, because we all enjoy Pokemon.

And Abyssion, the first part of this post applies to you too. I'm sick of you arrogant people thinking you're oh so much better than people because you put too much thought into a video game.

And also, don't think just because you've been here longer than I, that you can just come up here and make fun of me. I will report you, boy.

Oh, that's so cute. <3 We're all equal because we all play pokémon. Sadly, we aren't equal in general skill.

If that was directed at me, I just joined like two days ago, FYI.

So sorry. You're just too fun to not laugh at. XP

Don't like how I'm talking? Battle me, and experience the full brunt of a fully trained team's wrath!!~ Prove to me you can lose and still "have fun." If that happens, jot it down, please. I'd love to see what happened.

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Seems like you're already angry to me. I've made my point anyways: you're too lazy to train up a real team so you put on this idealistic front about fun for all, and EVs aren't important, let's all skip merrily across Sinnoh together, tra la la. Don't like how I'm talking? Battle me, and experience the full brunt of a fully trained team's wrath!!~ Prove to me you can lose and still "have fun."

Prove it.

Substantiate all that BS you just said to me.

And I'll take up your stupid offer.

Chris
1976 6849 4152

I'm no pushover, don't take me lightly.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Since you seem to hate EV training, I quite doubt that. Mine's in my profile. :P

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 01:31 PM
be? and you are saying that i can't spell?

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Since you seem to hate EV training, I quite doubt that.

Hmm, sounds like fun to beat 15-year-old emo freaks who stay in their rooms and play Pokemon all day.

I'll get your FC in a second, loser.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah, point that one out to me so I can beat him down next, 'cause that ain't me. :P

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah, point that one out to me so I can beat him down next, 'cause that ain't me. :P

I'm using my Mewtwo as well, loser. Since you say you can beat me, you shouldn't have a problem with it, amirite?

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 01:35 PM
you must be nuts to think that you can beat ichida ev traind team most ppl who battled him ended up losing every thing

Ichida
Fine. I usually play fair - meaning without legendaries - but I have a Mewtwo counter in the wings.

Abyssion
Hmm, sounds like fun to beat 15-year-old emo freaks who stay in their rooms and play Pokemon all day.Were you discribing Ichida, or yourself? It couldn't be Ichida; he's 19.

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM
you must be nuts to think that you can beat ichida ev traind team most ppl who battled him ended up losing every thing

I ain't nuts, it's a little thing called confidence.

You have some too, put it to good use.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I picked Free Battle to prove to you mine were fully trained, but I'll gladly do a lv100 battle afterwards, since you'll blame your loss on my high levels. :P

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I picked Free Battle to prove to you mine were fully trained, but I'll gladly do a lv100 battle afterwards, since you'll blame your loss on my high levels. :P

Also, did you like my Mewtwo's nickname? :P

Abyssion
July 4th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Someone will record this, yes? >.>

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I ain't recordin' it.

You take a wild guess.

EDIT: DAMN it, I accidentally ran...

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 01:42 PM
ya i must see a battle lik this to prove the power of ev's ichida if you can record it than thanks in advance

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I would, had my camera a battery.

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:43 PM
ya i must see a battle lik this to prove the power of ev's ichida if you can record it than thanks in advance

Go ahead and start waitin' again then.

I pressed the wrong button and ran.

I am not trying to lie either, it's true.

Naito
July 4th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Lol, accidently ran. Meh, accidents happen.

Someone find a way to record it. This might be an epic battle.

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 01:45 PM
yaaaaaaay i want to see this battle it must be great to watch it i well love seeing him lose in OHKO

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Lol, accidently ran. Meh, accidents happen.

Yeah, I was using my finger instead of the stylus, and thought I hit the move button, but i hit the run button.

Abyssion
July 4th, 2007, 01:49 PM
You do it something like this:

Chimchar used Flamethrower
Gyarados used Waterfall
Chimchar faints
Trainer sent out Slugma

...and so on. I've done it once, and it's not that annoying to do.

Naito
July 4th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Yea, that happened to me once. I was trying to get a Shiny Dialga, and found one, yet I accidently pressed run since I lost like 3 stylus and still needed one. I actually was trying to press bag. >.>

Lesson: Never use your finger as a replacement for a stylus.

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Yea, that happened to me once. I was trying to get a Shiny Dialga, and found one, yet I accidently pressed run since I lost like 3 stylus and still needed one. I actually was trying to press bag. >.>

Lesson: Never use your finger as a replacement for a stylus.

Ooh..

If I find a shiny Dialga on teh GTS, I'll trade it to you.

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM
whats wrong with ichida? it seems like he is going to post a long post if he is taking all this time to post

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:56 PM
whats wrong with ichida? it seems like he is going to post a long post if he is taking all this time to post

Well, damn.

I lost.

He is a good battler though.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:56 PM
*dramatic explosion and fanfare* Victory, 2-0! Not bad, for using Mewtwo. One of my more challenging wins. So, now you've witnessed my power, and do you still disagree with our methods?

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:57 PM
*dramatic explosion and fanfare* Victory, 2-0! Not bad, for using Mewtwo. One of my more challenging wins. So, now you've witnessed my power, and do you still disagree with our methods?

That was fun, dude.

I want a rematch ASAP.

And I don't agree nor disagree. I just go with it.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Maybe sometime after my heartbeat slows back down. XD.

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Maybe sometime after my heartbeat slows back down. XD.

You didn't answer my question though.

Did you like my Mewtwo's nickname?

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 01:59 PM
see? ichida ev traind team killed your mewtwo i told you that upper are nothing in front of ev's

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 02:00 PM
"Steve?" That's not a nickname, it's an attempt to get people to laugh so much they drop their guard. :P

Naito
Ooh..

If I find a shiny Dialga on teh GTS, I'll trade it to you.

No Wi-Fi unfortunately. T.T

Voltagenic
see? ichida ev traind tem killed your mewtwo i told you that upper are nothing in front of ev's

And I'm telling you to shut the helicopter up.

It was actually a pretty close battle.

And what's an "upper"?

Naito
July 4th, 2007, 02:03 PM
dark means ubers most likely, but how the hell you can mispell ubers as uppers? dark mudkib does have a point though. A pokemon with a decent EV spread can stand upto or be better than legendary pokemon.

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Wish I'd been able to record that, though. My voice would have been a bother anyways. I get very vocal during battles, whether I'm winning or losing. :P

AztecSunshine
July 4th, 2007, 02:05 PM
but he won alright soo ev's rule the *upper*(i like to call them uppers)pokemons yay and ichida did you get the vid?

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 02:07 PM
No, my camera's battery is currently dead. It was pretty close though. For a sec I didn't expect my Z to be faster than his 'raptor.

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 02:09 PM
For a sec I didn't expect my Z to be faster than his 'raptor.

Sure wish it wasn't, I had Close Combat coming for you.. :)

I still have you as LOSER on my Pal Pad (just so I don't delete j00 when my pal pad gets full)

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 02:12 PM
And I have you listed as "Ass." XDD.

Voltagenic
July 4th, 2007, 02:14 PM
And I have you listed as "Ass." XDD.

THIS CALLS FOR SERIOUS ACKSHUN!!!

*gets out dart guns*

Ichida
July 4th, 2007, 02:15 PM
ACTION SCIENCE! ACTION SCIENCE!

</spam> :P

Pogiforce-14
July 4th, 2007, 04:34 PM
I am amazed a topic I started just to avoid more whining BS about PBR actually took off.

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Actually, it turns out that ubers are still a part of it, because it's just a glitch. Apparently just rebuilding your trainer card will allow you to use ubers.

Avolition
July 4th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Wow. Gone for a few hours and look what happens. Anyway, Ichida has another win on his record, not a surprise.

Pogiforce-14
July 5th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I'm currently rebreeding my staraptor. it's nice, but needs a bit more work. ALso have plans for a snorlax.

Though to be perfectly honest, I know how to bring out the max potenetial of a pokemon, but I have no clue about team synergy.

sims796
July 5th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Synergy? Whats that? Team co-operation?

Pogiforce-14
July 5th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Having pokemon that form a team strategy, instead of just being their own little stand alone. a team that works together nicely is better than one that doesn't, because one that doesn't more than likely will find itself conflicting.

my problem is coming upwith a team strategy. so far all I'm thinking is "Special sweeper, physical sweeper, special sponge, spinning spiker. The rest, I have yet to decide.

Avolition
July 5th, 2007, 10:44 AM
You should do a physical wall. I don't know the best ones, but I've heard of Cloyster, Swalot, etc. Cloyster is dead against special attacks though.

ChrisG14
July 5th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Skarmory's a good Physical wall and Snorlax is a good wall all around, depending on the EVs.

sims796
July 5th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Having pokemon that form a team strategy, instead of just being their own little stand alone. a team that works together nicely is better than one that doesn't, because one that doesn't more than likely will find itself conflicting.

my problem is coming upwith a team strategy. so far all I'm thinking is "Special sweeper, physical sweeper, special sponge, spinning spiker. The rest, I have yet to decide.

I see. I am good with that. My problem is that my team relies too much on each other. Once a certain member is KOed, my whole team is srewed.

Avolition
July 5th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Oh yeah, Skarmory, duh. *Smacks myself in the head*

Ichida
July 5th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I pick my teams based on "three physical-oriented Pokemon, three special." Usually sweepers. :P

Pogiforce-14
July 6th, 2007, 05:03 AM
I have been told the new pokemon from DP have made the meta primarily sweeper based. stalling out doesn't work so well anymore.

Voltagenic
July 8th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Anyway, Ichida has another win on his record, not a surprise.

What, are you saying I suck at Pokemonz?

I'll have you know it was a pretty close battle.

Avolition
July 8th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Dude, I'm not saying you're bad, I'm saying Ichida's good. Why do you always have to overreact to everything everyone says?

paratroopa
July 8th, 2007, 02:07 PM
The most commonly abused uber I see is Giratina. If you see one, you've instantly won because these people don't know what they're doing to put it simply.

Avolition
July 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Esoecially if the Giratina is just caught and has no new moves. Staraptor or any Normal/Flying type will own it.

paratroopa
July 8th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah, too many times have people using Giratinas tried to use Shadow Force on my Tyranitar. Makes me pity these people.

Avolition
July 8th, 2007, 02:27 PM
What about people trying to use Thunderbolt on Swampert? That's worse. I pity the fool. Sorry, had to say that.

paratroopa
July 8th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Another good one is Earthquake on Charizard. Come on, aren't the wings a give away?

Avolition
July 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, xD. But it happened to me more with Flygon. Noobs love to use Earthquake on Flygon, and go, "But I thought it wasn't a flying type." xD

paratroopa
July 8th, 2007, 02:44 PM
So satisfying imagining people's smug look being wiped off their face when you kill their ubers using skill as apposed to stupidity.

Avolition
July 8th, 2007, 02:45 PM
xD I beat an uber team once with an underused team. I lol'd when that happened.

paratroopa
July 8th, 2007, 02:48 PM
My team isn't particularly overused, as far as I've seen but its a good team nonetheless.

Ichida
July 8th, 2007, 03:04 PM
The funniest thing of all is when you see said Giratina users try to use Shadow Force, then you switch in something Normal-element and watch them have wasted two turns before you kill the damn dragon. I love to just switch into Porygon-Z and then Ice Beam the Giratina to death.

paratroopa
July 8th, 2007, 03:10 PM
And you're the guy that help me mould the majority of my team lol.

Another one that is overused is Mewtwo.

Laa
July 8th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I have no idea if either of my teams is overused...nor do I really care :D

What is so special about giritana?

Ichida
July 8th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Because the idea of a ghostly dragon excites people, and Shadow Force can't be blocked by Protect or Detect. It can however be walled by Normal types, which is bloody hilarious to pull off. :P

But seriously, its stats are pretty defensive for a legendary...

Laa
July 8th, 2007, 08:42 PM
But seriously, its stats are pretty defensive for a legendary...

Lame...that's all I have to say...

~Mithos~
July 9th, 2007, 03:36 AM
I have a good team except against most fire types or mewtwo

I got: weavile, sceptile, lucario, froslass, luxray, typhlosion

focusblast/most fire attacks will take out my team easily =/

so I got weavile surf, sceptile eartquake (takes out its team partner though =/), lucario nothing, froslass water pulse

(anyone know how to get weavile ice punch? it level 100 EV trained I don't wanna train it again =[ )

Legacy
July 9th, 2007, 06:11 AM
I have a good team except against most fire types or mewtwo

I got: weavile, sceptile, lucario, froslass, luxray, typhlosion

focusblast/most fire attacks will take out my team easily =/

so I got weavile surf, sceptile eartquake (takes out its team partner though =/), lucario nothing, froslass water pulse

(anyone know how to get weavile ice punch? it level 100 EV trained I don't wanna train it again =[ )
IIRC..

Breed a male Hitmonchan that knows Ice Punch with a female Buneary/Lopunny. Then the Buneary eggs will have Ice Punch. Then breed a male Buneary with a female Sneasel.

Ichida
July 9th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Get rid of Weavile's Surf and Sceptile's Earthquake. Weavile is a physical sweeper and Sceptile is a special sweeper. Those moves won't do any decent damage.

Avolition
July 9th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Wow. Just wow. Weavile learns Surf? That makes all of no sense.

~Mithos~
July 9th, 2007, 01:49 PM
weavile's surf never does anything

what should I replace surf and earthquake with (I was trying to counter fire types)

also I think i'm just going to completely retrain the team for better IV's and give them to my little brother...

EDIT: EV's

Ichida
July 9th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Weavile: Ice Punch, Night Slash, Aerial Ace, Brick Break

Sceptile: Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Synthesis.

~Mithos~
July 9th, 2007, 02:14 PM
ok because currently their moves stink

sceptile: leaf blade, leaf storm, detect (-_-), and earthquake

weavile: ice beam (-_-), surf (-_-), night slash (got this one), giga impact (runnin out of tm's here)

also heres stats:

sceptile
295 hp
198 def
230 sp. atk
184 sp. def
283 speed

weavile
hp. 266
attack 297 (EV trained)
def 183
sp. attack 117 -_-
sp. def 211
speed 303 (EV trained)

both at level 100 should I just scrap them and start over?

weavile can't get ice punch btw

Ichida
July 9th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Neither of them look like they were EV trained. Re-breed and try it again.

~Mithos~
July 10th, 2007, 08:28 AM
well most of my pokemon are like that how do I know when they are EV trained enough?

Avolition
July 10th, 2007, 08:30 AM
You get the effort ribbon when you finish ev training. Otherwise, you wouldnt know.

~Mithos~
July 10th, 2007, 08:49 AM
but what if your EV training in two or more stats?

Ichida
July 10th, 2007, 08:54 AM
You have to, since the cap for all EVs is 510 but each stat can only max out at 255 EVs, so for full effect you need to train at least two stats.

~Mithos~
July 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM
I don't understand, do you mean a stat can reach 510, but killing pokemon to get the 1,2,3,4 count where 4 equals 1, you can only get 255 of those?

Avolition
July 10th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I don't really count. I just battle the right Pokemon over and over until I get the effort ribbon. I don't feel like counting.

~Mithos~
July 10th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I don't count either but is that where the 252 limit comes from?

Ichida
July 10th, 2007, 10:14 AM
God freaking damn, people... just read Serebii's info on EVs (http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml), carefully.

Charizard_Man
July 10th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah, Ichida's right. Serebii has all that information.

~Mithos~
July 10th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I read it twice I still don't understand the difference between the 510/252 thing

Ichida
July 10th, 2007, 01:32 PM
*sigh* Did I not say to read it, carefully? I swear, people arne't even trying...

510 is the max EVs any Pokemon can attain in total, 255 is how many EVs any one particular stat can have before it stops counting. Most people max out the EVs for two stats. 255 x2 = 510, etc etc.

Avolition
July 10th, 2007, 01:52 PM
I get the 510 and 255 thing, but I'm just saying, I don't waste time counting. I just battle the right Pokemon until I can get the Effort ribbon.

Ichida
July 10th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Then you'll never get it, since EVs for one stat stop at the halfway point to the Effort Ribbon.

Avolition
July 10th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I know, I'm just fighting Pokemon in the two stats I want, like Gallade in Attack and Speed.

Ichida
July 10th, 2007, 02:10 PM
So I assume you're using the encounter hack, since Gallade can't be found in the wild? :P Ah well, I'm guilty of doing the same thing to EV train up my Pokemon. The Pokemon I'm using are still legit! :P

Avolition
July 10th, 2007, 02:12 PM
No, I mean I'm training my Gallade xD I just fight random Kricketunes and Bibarels and Pikachus and stuff.

Ichida
July 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Each one gives different amounts of EVsin different stats, you know, so you could be adding it up all wrong.

Avolition
July 10th, 2007, 02:22 PM
No, Kricketunes and Bibarels are 2 evs in attack each, and Pikachus are 2 evs in speed. I just battle a billion of them, and both will be maxed soon.

~Mithos~
July 10th, 2007, 05:02 PM
ok thanks guys (btw I use charizards for sp. attack points XD)

although I only killed like 5 of them wow i'm stupid.

Jack 7
August 2nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Post deleted by me because I offended multiple people with it.

I meant the quiz to be stupid and easy to mock people that overuse ubers.
Sorry if I offend you Wooty McWoot. I was trying to go along with the theme of mocking uber users.

I didn't actually mean for it to be answered, I was trying to mock uber noobs.

And even still some people didn't get the questions right,but continue to mock me...oh well thats life for you. My life anyway.

The dawn Witch Lucia
August 2nd, 2007, 09:37 PM
1.If you choose a fire type as your starter should you try and get a water type to fight the rock type gym...or is there another method? - Another method.

*2.I have a palkia and kyorge and I use them for double battles,I thought my palkia thunder and 3 water type moves,why? STAB powers

3.Why would I want a spiritomb with a jolly,naive,hasty,or timid nature as opposed to the rest? - Because of the + and -

4.If i wanted to EV train my pokemon what two things would it be helpful for my pokemon to have? - Pokerus and the power items/Macho brace and pokerus

*6.What two types should Rayquaza avoid? - Ice and dragon

7.What makes the UNOWN more powerful than they seem? - Secret power

8.What is the ONLY pokemon that can learn every move? - Ditto/mew

9.If i teach my pokemon solarbeam,what other move should i teach it?- Sunny day

10.I'm having a double battle one of my pokemon is a fire type,
both of my opponents pokemon are water types,MY other pokemon is a togetic with a heal restoring item attached. I chose this pokemon because of a move it can learn,what is it? - Wish

Ichida
August 2nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
1. Teach them Fighting or Ground-element moves to battle Rocks. Most Fire-elements can.

2. Duh. Kyogre's Rain Dance perfects Thunder's accuracy and boosts the power of Water-element moves. Palkia should only know one Water-element attack though; any good sweeper needs an elemental variety.

3. Naive or Hasty are not good natures to use for anyone. Jolly or Timid are useless natures since Spiritomb's speed is abysmal, even at its max. Without Trick Room, it'll never outrun anything.

4. Pokerus, Macho Brace, and/or any of the Power hold items.

5. Why's there no #5?

6. Ice and Dragon. Simple elemental tables.

7. Even with Hidden Power, their stats are still terrible and they define the lack of versatility.

8. Smeargle.

9. Sunny Day.

10. Don't use Togetic. Evolve it first. Grass Knot.

Avolition
August 2nd, 2007, 11:05 PM
1. Another method.

2. Kyogre has drizzle, which makes it rain until someone else uses a weather attack. Rain makes Thunder hit all the time, and water moves get stronger. Its still not a god idea to have 3 water moves.

3. They all raise speed.

4. A macho brace/pokerus/power item and a good nature.

6. Ice and rock. Rayquaza is a dragon itself, and it learns ice beam. It should be able to handle other dragons.

7. Nothing.

8. Smeargle.

9. Sunny Day, because Sunny Day makes Solarbeam hit in one turn instead of having to charge up for a turn.

10. I don't know. I don't use Togetic because it sucks. Does that make me not a skillful trainer? >_>

Also, I beat two overused teams 5-0 with my neverused team today. I feel pretty accomplished, knowing I beat another couple of noobs' faces in.

~Mithos~
August 3rd, 2007, 04:01 AM
To all you people that say "I'm equal to to you",well then,try battling the rest of these trainers without your ubers, I will admit that I use a few ubers,but unlike you uber n00bs I know how to use them correctly. In contrast,most of you uber relying trainers use nothing but brute force.

Hear is a little test to see if you are a skilled,uber or not.
(questions with "*'s are uber related)
1.If you choose a fire type as your starter should you try and get a water type to fight the rock type gym...or is there another method?

*2.I have a palkia and kyorge and I use them for double battles,I thought my palkia thunder and 3 water type moves,why?

3.Why would I want a spiritomb with a jolly,naive,hasty,or timid nature as opposed to the rest?

4.If i wanted to EV train my pokemon what two things would it be helpful for my pokemon to have?

*6.What two types should Rayquaza avoid?

7.What makes the UNOWN more powerful than they seem?

8.What is the ONLY pokemon that can learn every move?

9.If i teach my pokemon solarbeam,what other move should i teach it?

10.I'm having a double battle,one of my pokemon is a fire type,
both of my opponents pokemon are water types,MY other pokemon is a togetic with a health restoring item attached. I chose this pokemon because of a move it can learn,what move is it?

If you can't answer ALL of these questions, then you are not a skillful trainer.

1. if you picked a fire type get mach punch for a super effective and maybe STAB attack.

2. because of kyogers drizzel which boosts water moves and ups the accuracy of thunder type attacks.

3. because those natures up its speed while lowering something else.

4. it would be helpful to have PKRS and machobrace/power items

5. you forgot five...

6. ice and dragon types.

7. hidden power?

8. mew and almost all the moves smeargle.

9. sunny day, although it's not nessisary.

10. it's definately grass knot why would you use a togetic instead of a togekiss.

on a side note- go somewhere else and to talk junk about random people you don't know weither we're good trainers or not.
maybe if you had more then 4 posts i'd listen to you.

Cornicapus
August 4th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I agree on banning ledgendary ubers but not the weak ledgendaries, I dont use my Ledgends in Wi-Fi, I just use em to train up my other pokemon.

Black Ice
August 5th, 2007, 04:30 PM
1. if you picked a fire type get mach punch for a super effective and maybe STAB attack.

First gym's Pokemon have high defenses. Just because it's supereffective doesn't mean that it'll faint the Pokemon in one hit.

2. because of kyogers drizzel which boosts water moves and ups the accuracy of thunder type attacks.

You shouldn't give Palkia more than 1 water-type move, no matter what. ;)

Spiritomb doesn't want them. If he wants to be a sweeper, then Modest is better.

Decent IVs, correct nature, Pokerus, and Power items.

5. you forgot five...

6. ice and dragon types.

It doesn't have to avoid it. It's weak to Ice, Dragon and Rock.

7. hidden power?

Unown is still useless no matter what.

Mew can't learn every move, lol :D

Why not?

10. it's definately grass knot why would you use a togetic instead of a togekiss.

Depends on what Pokemon it is. =/

on a side note- go somewhere else and to talk junk about random people you don't know weither we're good trainers or not.

Postcount isn't everything ;)

That test was stupid.

~Mithos~
August 6th, 2007, 04:07 AM
i'm not critizing you because of your post count, you must be new here (notes the low post count) and you probably don't even know who or what your even talking to.

and your right your test was stupid.

. if you picked a fire type get mach punch for a super effective and maybe STAB attack.

First gym's Pokemon have high defenses. Just because it's supereffective doesn't mean that it'll faint the Pokemon in one hit.
so, using fighting moves on ground is stupid now? your wrong.

You shouldn't give Palkia more than 1 water-type move, no matter what.

you idiot you asked me why, you didn't ask me if it was a good choice or not.

Spiritomb doesn't want them. If he wants to be a sweeper, then Modest is better.

fine then, don't pay attention to spiritomb

Decent IVs, correct nature, Pokerus, and Power items.

once again, you said two things smarty

5. you forgot five...

6. ice and dragon types.

It doesn't have to avoid it. It's weak to Ice, Dragon and Rock.

you asked what it has to avoid! your questions are stupid, you worded them wrong for the comments your giving me back.

7. hidden power?

Unown is still useless no matter what.

you asked what was useful? what should I say nothing?

Mew can't learn every move, lol

every TM and metranome? idiot.

Why not?

because using sunny day then solarbeam, unless you are using solar beam over and over again (which means your opponents team isn't ballanced) takes the same ammount of turns.

Depends on what Pokemon it is. =/

so that is still right.

Black Ice
August 6th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I didn't make the test. The way I read it made it seem like you think I did.

"you idiot you asked me why, you didn't ask me if it was a good choice or not."

1) I thought he used Rock-types :(
2) He asked why you should use 3 Water-type moves, and you shouldn't.
3) No comment
4) But there are 4 things you should have before EV-training. :)
6) Once again, I didn't make this test. >>
7) Once again, I didn't make this test. >>
8) I thought 'learn' was permanent.
9) You don't have to use Solarbeam over and over again. After you use Sunny Day, you can still use other moves. If you charge your Solarbeam, then the opponent can just switch into something like Blissey and wall it and recover from it.
10) Second type? Weight?

~Mithos~
August 6th, 2007, 08:47 AM
oh i'm sorry and i'm not sorry, if you didn't make the test you can't critize me for it. geez. for like 5 of those the first time you called me stupid then the second time you said you didn't make the thread, either way it's not your job to judge a test somebody else told me to take.

Black Ice
August 6th, 2007, 09:12 AM
I never called you stupid.

~Mithos~
August 6th, 2007, 09:23 AM
i know this sounds dumb, but it was kind of implied.

EDIT: when you find a way around every answer I give, you obviously don't like me for some reasons unknown.

Black Ice
August 6th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I only used your post because yours was the only one on this page and I couldn't find the original post with the test somehow.

And I'm just sayin' what I think. We both obviously don't think alike.

I think we're spamming. D= Let's stop here.

chibi
August 6th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I respect the kids who get killed 3:0 to me with normal pokemon more than the kids who can beat me with Dialga, Palkia and Heatran... hate them.

Faceless*
August 6th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Why not let the n00bs use ubers against you? Beat the lazy kids, make them cry even more...

Reminds me of the battle when a Giratina used Slash on my Gengar, and when a Darkrai (go figure.. :\) used Quick Attack on my Rhyperior XD

Alex_
August 6th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Why not let the n00bs use ubers against you? Beat the lazy kids, make them cry even more...

Reminds me of the battle when a Giratina used Slash on my Gengar, and when a Darkrai (go figure.. :\) used Quick Attack on my Rhyperior XD
They are called ubers for a reason. They're (some at least) are hard/annoying to beat, even with a good non-uber team. It makes me so mad when I find a team full of ubers. If I get Spacial Rend'd again I will pull my hair out.

Jack 7
August 16th, 2007, 08:58 PM
the last questions awnser :

Togitic can learn a move called follow me,which makes opponent pokemon in battle attack the only the user user,therefore my fire pokemon won't be hit by water type moves,don't tell ME that I don't know what I'm talking about. The test was meant to be stupid because nubers are stupid and you shouldn't have a problem with it unless you are a nuber. It was a joke. It was supposed to be stupid.

The test was meant to make uber users look like retards.

The point that I was trying to make was uber reliers are stupid.
Not to mention ,I was basing it of my experiences,Ive used nothing but fire type starters for every pokemon game and I don't seem to have a problem with the rock type gyms.

Also I did have an account that had a much higher post count but it must have been deleted because it was inactive for a year or so.

Ps. Don't mock my post count or knowledge if you can't even get my name right: jake 7 WTF?

SSJ4 Furanki
August 16th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Last Night I fought a Japanese dude who's name was;

Myuutsu- (Mewtwo) In Katakana

He had 2 Mewtwo's, 2 Kyogre's, 1 Rayquaza and 1 Palkia.

I got the crap beat out of because he used both mewtwo's out.

Also my whole team is Ev trained.

Rebellious Treecko
August 16th, 2007, 11:45 PM

^This post wins the thread.

If you people hate ubers so much, then why don't you go over to GameFreak and tell them to wipe every single legendary out of existance?
They're not the same thing.

I for one EV train my Pokemon, AND I have lots of legends in my party.

Ichida
August 17th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Because legendaries are trophies to make weak kids think they've got skills. Their only real practical use is exploding the Elite Four so you can start Pal Parking.

sims796
August 17th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I can't agree commpletley with that statement made by Ichida. I'm not wasting my time finding an uber just so it could sit in my box. However, we can both agree that if you need an uber to make a team, thats pretty damn sad. Ubers belong on UBER teams. Not standard teams. Only a rookie needs to rely on ubers, just like rookies rely on OHKO moves. A kid is proud that his Kyorge KOed my Gyarados with Sheer Cold? Absolutely pathetic.

Ichida
August 17th, 2007, 09:32 PM
People who engage in uber battles are like alcoholics who drink together. They think that just because they both do it, it's publicly acceptable, even though the smart people know they're just deluding themselves. It's like a fight in Dragon Ball. It's explosive, doesn't require effort to weave together, and it pisses nearby people off.

sims796
August 17th, 2007, 09:38 PM
People who engage in uber battles are like alcoholics who drink together. They think that just because they both do it, it's publicly acceptable, even though the smart people know they're just deluding themselves. It's like a fight in Dragon Ball. It's explosive, doesn't require effort to weave together, and it pisses nearby people off.

That was hilarious, and wins the award for best quick, off-the-top response for the month. If they wanna have an uber battle, let them. I could care less. I don't partake. Ubers, well, I don't bother with. But we can both agree that if you need one to make a sucsessful team, you should put down your poke balls.

Smarties-chan
August 18th, 2007, 12:44 AM
I agree with Eternal Smasher and Yoshimitsu. I myself am a competitive battler and wouldn't even think about using Ubers outside their own metagame. Let's not forget that most Pokémon players aren't competitive battlers and thus don't know about tiers or EVs, Natures and IVs for that matter. As long as you don't run into a team of EV trained Ubers a good EV trained team should be able to take care of them. Un-EV trained Ubers are a piece of cake for any good player so I don't see why it's such a big deal if some random clueless people use Ubers; at least they'll be able to put up some kind of a fight that way. And no, I don't own PBR (it isn't even out in Europe and I don't have a Wii to begin with) myself, but I've seen enough videos to know that most of these n00bs have absolutely no idea what they're doing.
Because legendaries are trophies to make weak kids think they've got skills. Their only real practical use is exploding the Elite Four so you can start Pal Parking.
Legendaries =/= Ubers. Normal legendaries (such as Entei, Articuno, Zapdos, Mesprit etc.) require as much skill as any normal Pokémon and Uber battles are a hell of a lot of fun as long as you stick to their own metagame.

Pokémaster7293
August 18th, 2007, 05:47 AM
Well, for one thing in this topic people were talking about, you know when your stat is maxed out, when one of those vitamins won't work, and you haven't already used 10 of 'em. That's what I do. I save before hand. If it works, I reset.

As for the other thing, I really didn't EV train until recently (EVing for Speed now, Hasty Pichu), and I stopped using Ubers a good time ago.

I don't have PBR, or even a Wii myself, but hey, when that time comes, I won't need ubers, because I've got my OWN skill.

Yes, Yes, I know, 99% of this post is just repeating info... but hey, it's my two cents.

sims796
August 18th, 2007, 08:23 AM
2 thigns. First, Ichida, can I sticky that response? And I agree with Smarties. As the title says, Nubers are still noobs, with or without ubers.

Ichida
August 18th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Ichida, can I sticky that response?

Er, sure, XDD. You mean put it in your sig like I did? :P

sims796
August 19th, 2007, 10:55 AM
To me, uber battles, OU/UU battles, are like regular, outside fights. Think of it like this:

UU:Knives
OU:Guns
Uber:Tanks

A OU fight is like a gun fight. Fierce & Fun. UU vs OU are like knives vs gun. Seemingly one-sided, but do-able, with skill. But no matter how much skill you have, a well trained OU/UU ain't beating a well trained uber, like Guns/Knives vs Tanks. Exect for noob ubers, which are always fun to watch lose.

Uber battles are fun, but ubers are so strong, they have no place outside of their own meta-game. Like Smarties-kun said.

FarmerNobir
August 30th, 2007, 06:33 PM
No matter how much EVs and nature compatibility a trainer has Kygore can't beat my Miltoc in a beauty contest.

Melody
August 30th, 2007, 08:08 PM
To me, uber battles, OU/UU battles, are like regular, outside fights. Think of it like this:

UU:Knives
OU:Guns
Uber:Tanks

A OU fight is like a gun fight. Fierce & Fun. UU vs OU are like knives vs gun. Seemingly one-sided, but do-able, with skill. But no matter how much skill you have, a well trained OU/UU ain't beating a well trained uber, like Guns/Knives vs Tanks. Exect for noob ubers, which are always fun to watch lose.

Uber battles are fun, but ubers are so strong, they have no place outside of their own meta-game. Like Smarties-kun said.
Well, I disagree strongly. Yes, noob ubers are easy and regular ubers are a pain but I've taken down ubers with OUs before. Heh. My team is quite a balanced one. It's got 4 OU and 2 Ubers to keep from getting my rump kicked by nubers lol

sims796
August 31st, 2007, 04:30 AM
You mean on random PBR fights, right? In a real fight, ubers are honestly just too strong. And not just any uber either. I mean a fully EV trained, good natured, proper moveset, uber might indeed take 1/2 a team or more to take out.

Luminous_Reaver
September 3rd, 2007, 12:07 AM

They're just lazier players who deserve less respect.

sims796
September 3rd, 2007, 06:04 AM
They're just lazier players who deserve less respect.

Not at all. When you buy the game for them, then you can call thhegm lazy.

Silent Storm
September 3rd, 2007, 08:32 AM

Finally, someone says it.

IMO, the attitude I am seeing utterly sickens me, why should people play the game how others like.

Its their game, they can use what they want, and if they enjoy using them I am in no position to insult them for it, insulting them for that that is very childish and retarded at the same time.

sims796
September 3rd, 2007, 08:37 AM
True, true. I would rather call them casual players.

However, those who don't care on EV's & the like, and then claim to be better than me, I will be quick to insult. I mean, they use ubers, then gloats about how much better they are compared to me. Thats when I gotta knock em down a peg.

Ichida
September 3rd, 2007, 09:16 AM
It's called a f*cking competitive standard, people. Why is it so bloody hard for you to understand that this is how we compete in this game. We don't use ubers (see signature quote) because they are statistically unbalanced. And to all of you who know what EV training is and still choose not to, don't even think about challenging someone competent, because it results in your total defeat and a string of people calling you lazy, which you obviously are for ignoring the advanced training methods. I am sick and tired of how slothful, stubborn, and inadaptive people like you are. And before you pull out the "it's a game, we play it our way" excuse once again, let me offer my response to that right now: If you want to play with your own methods, I've no problem with that, as long as you don't take it against players like me who actually care about maintaining a status quo in the online Pokemon battling circuit.

In summation, either learn to play like the rest of the competent competitors, or stay the f*ck away from us.

sims796
September 3rd, 2007, 09:40 AM
Are you talking to me? Well, I won't argue, but what your saying will fall on deaf ears. Sure, there is standard. Now try explaining that to everyone else who bought the game. Tell Game Freak & Nintendo that there is a standard in the game that must be met that we gamers had made up, and that it shouldn't be E for everyone, but SP for standard players. Tell all pokemon owners that they must play by our standard rules, and despite the fact that they bought PBR and have the wifi to use it, they can't play unless they play by our rules. I play by standard rules, sure, but I am not superior to call people names for not playing a game marketed towards kids the elite way. Before xXscytherXx comes, I mean the game was made for kids, hence why there are always children on the commercials. Of course, it is deep enough for adults, but simple enough for kids.

lchida, your starting to lose your temper. Calm down to sound reasonable.

Silent Storm
September 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
If it was directed at me, I won't respond, seeing as I have been in these kind of debates and I know how they end, I will probably get banned so there is no point.

But if so, you are mistaken, I don't use ubers, mainly cause they don't appeal to me, also because their design is unoriginal, but I am not quick to overreact over small things in games, especially games aimed at children, so I am going to leave this topic because I am positive I will get attacked and flamed, and maybe banned for my counter responses.

Zorua
September 3rd, 2007, 10:30 AM
It's called a f*cking competitive standard, people. Why is it so bloody hard for you to understand that this is how we compete in this game. We don't use ubers (see signature quote) because they are statistically unbalanced. And to all of you who know what EV training is and still choose not to, don't even think about challenging someone competent, because it results in your total defeat and a string of people calling you lazy, which you obviously are for ignoring the advanced training methods. I am sick and tired of how slothful, stubborn, and inadaptive people like you are. And before you pull out the "it's a game, we play it our way" excuse once again, let me offer my response to that right now: If you want to play with your own methods, I've no problem with that, as long as you don't take it against players like me who actually care about maintaining a status quo in the online Pokemon battling circuit.

In summation, either learn to play like the rest of the competent competitors, or stay the f*ck away from us.

Ichida, calm down. Stop the cursing now. Please restrain from swearing or you'll recieve a warning.

sims796
September 3rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
That was a VERY wise response. And I could not agree more. I can't get too hyped, because, like it or not, the main target for this game are kids. We are just into it, which is ok.

EDIT:THIS IS DIRECTED TOWARDS SILENT STORM.

Forci Stikane
September 3rd, 2007, 10:46 AM
I agree with Eternal Smasher and Yoshimitsu. I myself am a competitive battler and wouldn't even think about using Ubers outside their own metagame. Let's not forget that most Pokémon players aren't competitive battlers and thus don't know about tiers or EVs, Natures and IVs for that matter. As long as you don't run into a team of EV trained Ubers a good EV trained team should be able to take care of them. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Un-EV trained Ubers are a piece of cake for any good player so I don't see why it's such a big deal if some random clueless people use Ubers; at least they'll be able to put up some kind of a fight that way.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] And no, I don't own PBR (it isn't even out in Europe and I don't have a Wii to begin with) myself, but I've seen enough videos to know that most of these n00bs have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

Legendaries =/= Ubers. Normal legendaries (such as Entei, Articuno, Zapdos, Mesprit etc.) require as much skill as any normal Pokémon and Uber battles are a hell of a lot of fun as long as you stick to their own metagame.

^This is probably the most intelligent post made in this thread as of yet. If a little kid wants to use a Giratina or Deoxys online, let them. How fair is it to use something against a little kid that he/she has probably never heard of because they're so young? Sure, if they don't know how to battle, they'll probably lose, and maybe even learn from their loss if they're lucky. A fair part of Pokemon battles is trail-&-error, losing battles and learning from one's mistakes. After all, what can you learn from winning all the time?

I'm also surprised that the other point was never brought up until here: the thread was made to complain about fresh, untrained Ubers from "noobs", but what about nature-picked, EV-trained ubers from actual competitive players? Now you no longer have the "he's too lazy" excuse because actual training HAS been used. I personally don't think people should be looked down upon for using ubers when they actually trained them competitively...as long as they don't go overboard and it isn't sprung on them from out of nowhere in a FC match.

pokeguy12
September 3rd, 2007, 10:49 AM
actually legendaries aren't THAT darn weak my lv100 azelf may only have 337 sp atk and 303 speed but with 1-2 nasty plots it can exceed alakazams 380+ sp atk. add that to an expert belt and it does a LOT of damage. i normally don't really use legendaries although now i will point out why some aren't ubers:

I am talking about Non-Uber Legendaries, of course. I always see people banning these, even though they have around the same bases as the OU pokemon. Let's take a look at those.

Ubers are pokemon who's base stat totals exceed 600, with a few exeptions.

BST= Base Stats.

Zapdos BST: 580
Articuno BST: 580
Moltres BST: 580

Entei BST: 580
Raikou BST: 580
Suicune BST: 580

Regirock BST: 580
Regice BST: 580
Registeel BST: 580

Mesprit BST: 580
Azelf BST: 580
Uxie BST: 580

So far, NONE of these guys have exceeded or even got to 600, so they are perfectly safe to use in the OU Tier.
Now for some more:

Cresselia BST: 600
Heatran BST: 600

These may look pretty high, but none are over 600. Besides, look who else has 600 BST.

Garchomp: 600
Dragonite: 600
Tyranitar: 600
Metagross: 600
Salamence: 600

That's right, some of the most overused pokemon out there today have the same BST totals of the previous 3 legendaries and have higher ones than the trios. So, if you ban legendaries you may as well ban Chomp/Nite/T-Tar/Gross/Mence, and if you don't, you're a hypocrite.
Furthermore, if legendaries aren't fair, then why are they allowed in the Battle Tower? The Battle Tower will let the Non-Uber legendaries in because they don't have the stats to be banned.

If you think you don't need to train legendaries for them to be good, then read:

Azelf Modest and untrained reaches 314 Sp. Attack and 266 Speed.

Alakazam Modest EV trained reaches 405 Sp. Attack and 339 Speed.

Now Azelf Modest and EV trained reaches 383 Sp. Attack and 329 Speed.

That means it still doesn't top Alakazam.
(Yes, Azelf may have a superior Attack, as well as some other stats upgraded, but D/P's Metagame is all about speed, hence people always choosing Jolly/Timid over Adamant/Modest. When there are things such as Weavile, Scarfcross, Aerodactyl, Alakazam[Shadow Ball], Agiligross, DDMence, and others running amok, the playing field is evened out).

So, WHY would you ban this if it can't even top a normal pokemon? Legendaries DO take skill to train, you can't just breed them for better IVs, and you need to EV train them just like any other pokemon. Level doesn't matter because everyone does Level 100 battles anyways.

~~~Exceptions~~~

Non-Uber: Regigigas

Sure, Regigigas has 670 Base, but his ability cuts his Speed and Attack for the 5 turns EVERY TIME HE IS SENT OUT, leaving him at 540 BST. Since no one else would have him out for more than 5 turns anyways, he is placed in the BL tier, far from the Ubers.

Uber: Darkrai, Wobbuffet, Lati@s, Mew

Darkrai has 600 BST, but his speed and moves/ability combination keeps him banned. Dark Void is a better version of Hypnosis, especially in double battles, and he has Nightmare/Dream Eater and an ability to stack on this.

Wobbuffet: His massive HP, moveset, and ability keeps him banned. He can kill nearly any pokemon, and take down a second one with him with Destiny Bond. Shadow Tag also doesn't allow them to switch out, keeping them trapped.

Lati@s: They have superior typing and an incredible movepool, placing them in the Uber tier.

Mew: When something like Smeargle has the potential to ruin teams just because of the biggest movepool ever, Mew will be an incredibly upgraded version of that. Put in Ubers because of a good stat build and a superior and an unpredictable movepool that tops nearly everything else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

taken from B1001's marriland thread.

Ichida
September 3rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
*sigh* It was never about being able to beat ubers or not, because I've defeated teams of shiny, hacked, trained legendaries, including a Regigigas without Slow Start spamming Sacred Fire. It's about ethics and maintaining an honorable playing field between players. Any Pokemon can beat any other Pokemon with the right strategy. I mean hell, look at the "F.E.A.R.." It's the weakest, crappiest Pokemon in existence but it can still kill any Pokemon.

pokeguy12
September 3rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
yeah switch into a mence when it switches out. now something that TRULY is god , is a wondertomb which cannot be effected by ANYTHING.

Silent Storm
September 3rd, 2007, 11:13 AM
yeah switch into a mence when it switches out. now something that TRULY is god , is a wondertomb which cannot be effected by ANYTHING.

Bah, I lied =/.

Destiny Bond my friend untop of other Wonder guard counters =/.

pokeguy12
September 3rd, 2007, 11:16 AM
i think wondertomb can also learn destiny bond?

Ichida
September 3rd, 2007, 11:18 AM
now something that TRULY is god , is a wondertomb which cannot be effected by ANYTHING.

That, unfortunately, is hacked and should be sent back to the pits of Hell from which it was illegally spawned!!

pokeguy12
September 3rd, 2007, 11:21 AM
That, unfortunately, is hacked and should be sent back to the pits of Hell from which it was illegally spawned!!

that is a very good explanation

Yellow Magikoopa
September 3rd, 2007, 04:16 PM

1.Not everyone has the patience to EV train or buy TM's and crap.

2.Not everyone feels like ogling at stats and natures.

3.Some people want to play the game.

4.Not everyone bought the game to do a lot of complicated math and stuff.

1.If you don't have the patience to use legit, well-earned pokemon, you might as well not play the game at all.

2.There's a simple solution to that: here, why don't you just catch a pokemon and train it? There, no ogling at stats and natures there, amirite?

3.Oh, I assure you, playing the game through correctly and training pokemon that you yourself earned is much better described as "playing the game" than messing with the game with some action replay or something and acting all tough because you messed with the game's coding and lacked the patience of training a real pokemon. Besides, aren't I playing the game by turning the power on and pressing buttons? :')

4. You're right, some bought the game to just play until after they beat the first gym leader then let it rot in their closet, but at least they didn't cheat. They also had the common courtesy to not send their Lv. 100 Arceuses online and beat people's arses that actually earned their pokemon, amirite?

Chibi Pika
September 13th, 2007, 11:14 AM
WHy on earth shouls all legends be banned? Some are BL at best, and require just as much skill to use as anything else.

And as for ubers...isn't that was tiers are for?

pokeguy12, Ichaste Pekoni, and Smarties-chan make excellent points. My EV trained Staraptor beat my friend's entire team on untrained Ubers. And as for trained ubers, well yes, they're unbalanced--that's what uber battles are for. FOr crying out loud, why is there the attitude that the OU tier is the only one in existence?

And this attitude that Legendaries = Ubers, just...lol.

~Chibi~

sims796
September 13th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Hey, I made good points too...I am agreeing...

Seriously, this legends=Ubers confusion has gone too far. Now, the newcomers comming to this site are confused because of the people here claiming that legends are ubers. I had to actually PM Smarties to ask him to make a sticky describing the two. And there is one on the battle rules.

Chibi Pika
September 13th, 2007, 11:37 AM
^ Heh, sorry, I only scrolled and caught what stood out. ^^;

pixlepix
September 13th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Legendaries like Azelf are quite a bit weaker than legendaries like Lugia. Garchomp, Dragonite, Metagross, Tyranitar, Salamence are up there with the weaker legendaries, so banning all legendaries and leaving them alone is...odd (couldn't think of a better word... >.>).

Read a list of legends.I loved my rayquaza on my emerald game to pull throgh the elete 4.Anyway if you get super evd pokes sence the noobs who use ubers are to lazy to care about evs.

Shem
September 13th, 2007, 01:33 PM
you do have a point about using ubers, but whats wrong with 2 or three. I wanna show off my darkai and my kyogre that im super proud of. Even though my main team are ubers i do have some what decent normal pokes too...

sims796
September 13th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Because Darakia and Kyorge are too strong to be on a standard team. Now, to beat you (if they are EV trained), I will HAVE to put an Uber to balance that out. And no one should be forced to use one.

Chibi Pika
September 13th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Well, what my friend and I do sometimes is settle to use a distint amount of Ubers. Like we'll do a Standard OU battle, but he'll include Lugia and I'll include Soul Dew Latios.

~CHibi~

Evil Rocket Scientist
September 24th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I have just fighten Nubers since I started, That is why ask for anyone to add me and we can have a nice chit chat and match, but those guys ...

arghhh, 4 rayquazzaz!!( if spelling is wrong I'm pretty sorry.)

Shiraishi
September 24th, 2007, 06:02 PM
..Non-EV trained ubers are just as deadly. Where the hell will those misused EVs go to? Somewhere. A somewhat EV trained Palkia in def survived my Salamence's dragon claw =_=

Always and Never
September 24th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Well, it is part steel, so it would just be normal effective. Not that surprising :p

kohei
September 24th, 2007, 08:18 PM
A thread which bashes uber abusers? I'm in!

So is the current situation of PBR random battles that bad? I remember how it was when it came out in Japan, and I'm pretty sure things are worse now.

[edit] Reason for uber hate: People who think they are good for using a full uber team. Even more so if the said person claims I've cheated because a normal team defeated his.

Crimson Arcanine
September 24th, 2007, 10:25 PM
This is one thing that stops me getting back into competitive battling. Me, I train what I like and I don't use most legendaries and most ubers. I prefer winning with my ninetales or my hitmonchan anyday then with Salamence, Gachomp or Swampert or even most of the legendaries. Its just so much more rewarding.

In short...I use pokemon I like the look of, and train them to be as strong as I can get them legally. To me thats what Pokemon is all about. Not about wiping the floor with ubers, not using untrained or trained legendary teams (especially those which are also uber) or hacked pokemon. Using what you like the best and having fun while using them.

Although, I am not against Ubers, most of my battling experience comes from battling people casually and of course occasionly teaching those who thought thier "team" was undefeatable just how wrong they were (But that was in the Color and Metal Gens)

Please note that these are my opinions, I'll battle anyone as long as thier pokemon are legit.

Chibi Pika
September 28th, 2007, 12:03 PM
^ But you see, that's the same reason why anyone would use ANY Pokemon. Yes, you get the ten year olds with all ubers just for the sake of ubers, but what if your favorite Pokemon just happen to be ubers. I adore Lugia in all it's broken-ness I've never actually trained one competitively though.

I love my Staraptor and Charizard just as much as I love my Tyranitar and Latios. I plan on having a Garchomp on my second Diamond team, and a Salamence on my Topaz/Opal team, simply because I've never used then before and they intrigue me.

~Chibi~

Shiraishi
September 28th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Well, it is part steel, so it would just be normal effective. Not that surprising :p

Palkia is water/dragon. It was super-effective.

MasterWGS
September 28th, 2007, 12:24 PM
... but what if your favorite Pokemon just happen to be ubers. I adore Lugia in all it's broken-ness I've never actually trained one competitively though...

I know exactly what you mean. Mewtwo is one of my favorites, but using him is a blasphemey against competitive play. I'm trying to make one with absolutely terrible IVs, nature, and EVs, just so I can use him. Silly idea, yes, but maybe it won't be hated so much...

Chibi Pika
September 28th, 2007, 12:48 PM
^ Personally, I think the best way to handle it is as I've said before. Do a technical "uber battle," but since all lower tiers are allowed, just settle with the opponent to only one or two ubers. Becasue I like using them, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with an entire team of 'em. *_*

Lmao, now I'm tempted to use my untrained Rash Groudon. xDDDD

~Chibi~

MasterWGS
September 28th, 2007, 01:04 PM
^ Personally, I think the best way to handle it is as I've said before. Do a technical "uber battle," but since all lower tiers are allowed, just settle with the opponent to only one or two ubers. Becasue I like using them, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with an entire team of 'em. *_*

Lmao, now I'm tempted to use my untrained Rash Groudon. xDDDD

~Chibi~

Seriously, I'm actually considering it. I think I'm gonna make a Physical Mewtwo. His Attack stat is nothing to brag about, even in the OU arena, nor are any of his defenses. His speed/HP are arguable, but if I give them no EVs and a negative speed nature, it might just work...

Our not-so-Ubers will have to face off sometime!

Anti
September 29th, 2007, 10:53 AM
MY friend thought he was high and mighty with his level 100 non-EVed rayquaza...MY kingdra took out all 6 of his pokemon...including the dang uber...actually, there was also gruberdon, kyuber, and the latubers, both of which had soul dew...I lol at his team. I hate the uber users...lol

Ichida
September 30th, 2007, 08:12 AM
there was also gruberdon, kyuber, and the latubers, both of which had soul dew...I lol at his team. I hate the uber users...lol

Those nicknames are epic fail.

sims796
September 30th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Those nicknames were perfect and you know it :laugh:

Always and Never
September 30th, 2007, 11:00 AM
How about their names are "Groudon" "Kyogre" and "Lati@s"

I like those better.

sims796
September 30th, 2007, 11:12 AM
You love disagreeing, huh? Well, there goes the joke...

We know those are their names, it was just a joke.

Always and Never
September 30th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Life isn't fun without disagreeing :P

But seriously, those weren't really good nicknames. I'm sure there are better ones detailing the same thing.

MasterWGS
September 30th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I'll admit it. I liked Kyuber... Mostly because I pronounce it like Kyuubi...

DanKiba8
September 30th, 2007, 01:01 PM
dude i agree that is rele annoying!!!!

Ichida
September 30th, 2007, 06:56 PM
dude i agree that is rele annoying!!!!

So is misspelling "really." :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Ichida/ichidad.png

sims796
September 30th, 2007, 07:47 PM
So is misspelling "really." :P

Oooo, Low blow...:laugh: Well, we're starting to get off topic.

Archer
September 30th, 2007, 09:19 PM
People that use Ubers are noobs because they cant train their own pokemon. Using ubers is fine until you can train properly and use EVs, etc, it is then time to have some common decency and stop using them.

kohei
October 1st, 2007, 03:25 AM
People that use Ubers are noobs because they cant train their own pokemon. Using ubers is fine until you can train properly and use EVs, etc, it is then time to have some common decency and stop using them.
Ironically, "common decency" doesn't apply to most people who use ubers, as they believe winning by any means = JUSTICE OLOLOLOL.

I recently had a 3v3 lvl100 match with an elementary year student (the little bother of a friend), who believed his cheated shiny Mewtwo x 3 made him a good player. I got through his whole team with a choice scarfed Skuntank (the "ace" of my poison only team.) He accused me of cheating (see the irony here?), because Skuntanks are "bad Pokemon, and shouldn't be able to kill Mewtwo."

Afterwards I played another 3v3 against another elementary year student. She beat me with her Absol, who magic coated my Crobat's hypnosis, sword danced while I switched to Weezing, then baton passed to a CB Garchomp, where my will-o-wisp missed. Outrage -> Outrage -> Outrage and got OHKO'd pretty much.
But I didn't mind. She had good manners unlike my friend's bother.

Anti
October 1st, 2007, 10:03 AM
Hey, my nicknames...I didn't even come up with kyuber...epic fail. I'm adding that to my sig. What a great term. "Epic fail." I love it! What abouyt mewber...okay, that was not good...

As for people using ubers, I actually like it when n00bs think they're all high and mighty and I 6-0 'em...I've been called a hacker several times, which makes me lol. If you're gonna use ubers, at least use 'em right...rayquaza with fly was my all-time fav...it was against my rhydon XD

Shem
October 1st, 2007, 04:35 PM
i totaly agree that ubers are generally used by weak people, but i have t***arties, uber and non, i generall use the uber though, especilly on pbr colleseum mode because it makes battles easier, its also kinda fun to use ubers.

nikoking
October 1st, 2007, 06:42 PM
So anyway, today they let us play without legendaries. And it was a BIG difference. one trainer I played, five of his pokemon were weak to ground type moves. Swampert used earthquake on him three times, and then I had won. Most of these people are nothing without a bunch of legendaries.

I Know That Is Really Annoying! I Use my Top-5 non-legendary team And the Other Person uses Like Legendarys!

Anti
October 7th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I use celebi and raikou on my Netbattle team...legends are cool, it's the n00blets who think they're the hot stuff using all ubers...I just fought a celebi with shock wave and a groudon with thunder...lol. I just hate ubers. Grr! lol

Shiraishi
October 7th, 2007, 05:05 PM
WHY does PBR wi-fi battles have to be at 50..If it was 100 then my Starmie could outspeed moar Mewtwos.

ItzMike
October 18th, 2007, 07:38 AM

I wholeheartidly agree with you.

The only time iv ever used legendaries or ubers all of you may ask?

When im helping lvl my perfec mvoesetted pokemon up a few (Shiyn Leafeon Glaceon Duo FTW)

But other than that ubers deserve to shine in the pokemon PC

Where they belong.

rasta likuid
October 18th, 2007, 11:22 AM
ay pintensen tos pa la porra legends are the best...if you all say u are the best why couldn't u beat a legend team??ahj??tell me :P

Bebetrunks
October 18th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Wow so there are people who actually level up and use the legendaries? Geeze, thats useless.

Faceless*
October 18th, 2007, 05:28 PM
ay pintensen tos pa la porra legends are the best...if you all say u are the best why couldn't u beat a legend team??ahj??tell me :P

Uber using people look like n00bs to me in my eyes O_O

Legends are fine, cept for the Uber ones. That includes Wobbuffet as well

We are competitive professionals fighting against 8-year olds who think they are unbeatable with a Dialga/Mewtwo. It is REALLY easy to overturn idiots that don't EV train their Pokemon, we CAN beat them, this thread is saying uber users without ubers are complete moronic newbs in wi-fi battling :\ (like you)

Voltagenic
October 18th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I feel that legends/ubers are fine, but when you have an entire team of them, said person is an idiot.

Myoko-chan
October 19th, 2007, 12:13 AM

Because Ubers have a great amount of stats, atleast about 70/80 over the OUs.(Slaking is an exception)
Plus some signature moves they learn(eg. Spacial Rend)

Faceless*
October 19th, 2007, 05:39 AM
I feel that legends/ubers are fine, but when you have an entire team of them, said person is an idiot.

Entire team = complete moronic

Legends ARE fine, as long as they don't pass over 600 stats (wobbuffet, Darkrai, Mew, or even Manaphy O_O which have really really really foolhardy movepool)

Slaking is different, it has Truant

Ubers aren't fine for people who really like playing the game and working hard to train their Pokemon, using ubers is like using Hypnosis and sleeping the entire team with Yanmega :\

Samuel.Olu
October 19th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Entire team = complete moronic

Legends ARE fine, as long as they don't pass over 600 stats (wobbuffet, Darkrai, Mew, or even Manaphy O_O which have really really really foolhardy movepool)

Slaking is different, it has Truant

Ubers aren't fine for people who really like playing the game and working hard to train their Pokemon, using ubers is like using Hypnosis and sleeping the entire team with Yanmega :\

Yup that is just dumb, and if you do that, you are a moron

Ichida
October 19th, 2007, 10:22 AM

Ignoring the gibberish... I have beaten legends. I've beaten hacked legendaries, even. I just don't like to.

Samuel.Olu
October 19th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Ignoring the gibberish... I have beaten legends. I've beaten hacked legendaries, even. I just don't like to.

XD youve beaten hacked legendaries, a mewtwo with 999 spatk :P

Ichida
October 19th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Not that far, but I did beat a hacked shiny Regigigas, who didn't have Slow Start, and was spamming Sacred Fire on me.

Samuel.Olu
October 19th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Not that far, but I did beat a hacked shiny Regigigas, who didn't have Slow Start, and was spamming Sacred Fire on me.
XD how much more obvious do you wanna be XD:P

Shiraishi
October 19th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Gah. I almost beat a Nuber team of Palkia/Groundon/Kyogre until Togekiss got critical hit Thundered by Kyogre(He survived before)

Jelo
October 19th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Yea OMG have u seen Youtube D/P or PKMN Battle Revolution Battle Videos? Noobs are all like, Ill pwn u with my Rayquaza and Groudon on comments

Ichida
October 19th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I've OHKOd at least seven Dialgas with the Heracross I stopped using, XD.

sims796
October 19th, 2007, 07:57 PM

Admit it! Smacking down uber noobs has a certain "guilty pleasure", so to speak. Like shooting blanks. Or politics. Or beating nubers.

Jelo
October 19th, 2007, 08:11 PM

Thats because theyre noobs if they were skilled and EV Trained they would pwn sooooo bad

Kid nino
October 23rd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Heh I agree, I have a balanced team of around level 80s. My only legendary now is Uxie. But my strongest is a luxray lvl 89.

Faceless*
October 24th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Uxie = not Uber so it's okay to use

on the other hand Cresselia is always OVER Uxie but that's up to you

The worst n00b I came across was a player with Giratina. After using Shadow Ball on my Togekiss countless times thinking the attack missed, he disconnected intentionally 0_0

Ichida
October 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM
But my strongest is a luxray lvl 89.

If Luxray is your strongest Pokemon, you seriously need some work. XD.

Faceless*
October 24th, 2007, 11:58 AM
That's not a very ncie thing to say, but it is true,

MY OUTCLASSED POKEMON BOOK OF DOOM

Luxray<Electivire≠Manectric

That's the simple one.