PDA

View Full Version : Do You Smoke/Drink While Playing Video Games?

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I don't, but I found one time, when I was drunk that I played Counter-Strike: Source better than I ever did, ever. That's when I realized it's time to put CS:S down.

But I do smoke while I drive (mostly just cigars) and I find that it helps me drive, although I was just recently a professional driver (I quit).

I would think that smoking while playing video games would increase your performance just the same.

Phanima
July 4th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I would think drinking would make a game more, enjoyable, regardless of what happens in the game, as long as your intoxicated enough not to realise.

I got drunk once at a party and fell sick in the garden on my way out, which wasn't so good. I also don't smoke, but I personally don't think it'd really have the same effects as alcohol, mainly because you don't lose consciousness if you smoke too much. You just destroy your lungs.

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I don't think it'd have the same effect either, but it would definitely affect you.

I think it would aid in playing First Person Shooters.

Melody
July 4th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I dont smoke or drink.
But I have heard and seen firsthand how being wasted makes you way better at games like Battlefield 2 and stuff XP
I kept getting owned by drunken players XD

Gunn
July 4th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Well, no, but my older brother always told me that you become "better" at playing video games when intoxicated. Kind of makes me want to try it now ...

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I always kind of thought so myself, I have this great idea where game companies could give away free cigarettes or beer with pre-orders of mature games. I think it would help both the gaming industry and the cigarette/alcohol industry. I made a thread on it, but one of the moderators decided it was an offensive topic and closed it. He didn't think that there were people who actually think it's a good idea besides me. I think it is a good idea, and I don't think it's offensive either. But anyway, my kids are out so I'm thinking I might smoke up while I play pokemon. Probably not going to help me any, but I am tired of playing first person shooters.

Seremiya
July 4th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I dunno. I've never tried it before. I don't drink, and even if it does make you ten times better at video games that's not enough of an incentive to make me want to start. I think the idea of losing to someone drunk, with half a functional mind, is a bit sad though. XD But it happens.

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I drink alcohol because I enjoy the taste. I hardly ever get drunk. Most of the time I just buy non-alcoholic malt beverages.

Gunn
July 4th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I always kind of thought so myself, I have this great idea where game companies could give away free cigarettes or beer with pre-orders of mature games. I think it would help both the gaming industry and the cigarette/alcohol industry. I made a thread on it, but one of the moderators decided it was an offensive topic and closed it. He didn't think that there were people who actually think it's a good idea besides me. I think it is a good idea, and I don't think it's offensive either. But anyway, my kids are out so I'm thinking I might smoke up while I play pokemon. Probably not going to help me any, but I am tired of playing first person shooters.

I don't think it is offensive either ... I don't see why, but people these days are trying to promote the idea of to not smoking and drinking. And besides, who has ever heard of free cigarettes and beer? :P

Seremiya
July 4th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I don't drink alcohol because I hate the taste. XD It's too bitter for my sweet tooth I suppose. I got friends who do, so I'm sort of used to it. Everybody has their own tastes. n_n

Phanima
July 4th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Smoking during a game may not have an effect as noticable as alcohol, but depending on the person, it can relieve stress and relax the person, which may indirectly improve their performance.

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 05:35 PM
hey, i have a right to drink and a right to smoke.
there are positive effects to it.

A cigarette's usefulness in a time of war is beyond measure. Even in World War II they were issued in rations.

I'm not saying every one should start smoking right away, it simply isn't for some people. But I have a right to smoke, as do many other Americans. I think the combo of video games and cigarettes and/or alcohol is a powerful combination and would generate sales for the video game industry, cigarette industry, and alcohol industry. It's a power move.

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I don't drink alcohol because I hate the taste. XD It's too bitter for my sweet tooth I suppose. I got friends who do, so I'm sort of used to it. Everybody has their own tastes. n_n

I started out with Miller Lite, and then I tried Daquiris and mixing my own drinks with vodka.

Seremiya
July 4th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I started out with Miller Lite, and then I tried Daquiris and mixing my own drinks with vodka.

Vodka. x_x

I'll admit, I don't mind ciders but the real heavy stuff is what I avoid. *shrugs* I avoid drinking in general. Mixing any drink with vodka would be like poisoning the original drink to me. XD

от_Ian
July 4th, 2007, 05:43 PM
You just have to use the right amount of vodka. Although, I do like drinking Skyy all by itself.

Hiroshi Sotomura
July 4th, 2007, 06:01 PM
There is an eerily similar topic I can eye that was locked by another member of staff. Video games in regards to these topics are not appropriate for this forum.