PDA

View Full Version : I have a question.

Toa Arceus:The Shapeshifter
July 5th, 2007, 06:58 AM
What is the big deal about PBR Pikachu's?

<Nico>
July 5th, 2007, 07:01 AM
he has a light orb him and he has volt tackle which is a move a pikachu can not have by other means..

Jedite1000
July 5th, 2007, 07:04 AM
pikachu can still have volt tackle, if u evolve him from a pichu which hatches out of a egg

<Nico>
July 5th, 2007, 07:07 AM
pikachu can still have volt tackle, if u evolve him from a pichu which hatches out of a egg

uhm.. no:

http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/025.shtml

I don't see it in his egg moves XD

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention he has surf XD

ThatInsaneKid
July 5th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Uhm... It's SURFING PIKACHU.

Pikachu@Lightball
OT: PKTPIA ((?))
-Surf
-Volt Tackle
-Thunder Wave
-Tail Whip

The light ball let's it breed for Pichu's with Volt Tackle, but Surf can't be passed on.

Toa Arceus:The Shapeshifter
July 5th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Oh,okay then.Thanks,guys!

Shiny Umbreon
July 5th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Two things:

1. It has Surf and Volt Tackle, which was an impossible move combination.
2. It's the only surfing Pikachu in the 4th Gen because you need to delete HMs to import.

And why isn't this in the PBR forum?

Ichida
July 5th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Volt Tackle's pointless, since Pikachu's a terribly weak Pokemon, which is why they gave him a Light Ball to double his abysmal Sp Atk stat, and they gave him Surf to fill out his terrible moveset.

Hinamori_Momo
July 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Volt Tackle's pointless, since Pikachu's a terribly weak Pokemon, which is why they gave him a Light Ball to double his abysmal Sp Atk stat, and they gave him Surf to fill out his terrible moveset.
pikachu is only weak when it comes to physical attacks and volt tackle is a physical attack.but the rest you got right.

Pogiforce-14
July 6th, 2007, 05:05 AM
I actually did some research and according to Serebii, Pikachu's attack, at base, is actually higher than his special attack.

Ichida
July 6th, 2007, 08:55 AM
They both cap in the low 200s, which is terrible. With the Light Ball, Pikachu's sp attack becomes usable, negating the need for any physical attack.

Always and Never
July 6th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah, plus your hit with recoil, which is horrible. Might as well replace it with thunderbolt, actually I recommend you trade it in for Thunderbolt.

Ichida
July 6th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I think the only good Pika moveset you could make would be Thunderbolt, Surf, Grass Knot, and Thunder Wave or Double Team. Thunder is too unreliable unless someone Rain Dances.

Shiny Umbreon
July 6th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Nasty Plot would assure your Sp. Attack, too, though it can't be combined with Surf.

Pogiforce-14
July 6th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Pikachu is a fairly sorry pokemon though by most standards, if you waste a turn with Nasty Plot you WILL get Earthquaked.

Ichida
July 7th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I usually start laughing my ass off at anyone actually using one, it means they're one of those people who pick Pokemon based on the anime, which woefully misconstrues the abilities of way too many Pokemon, Pikachu being at the top of the list. That's why they gave him the Light Ball at all; they know that a lot of the less strategically learned children - the n00bs - are inevitably going to be pitting Pikachu against other, smarter trainers.

Laa
July 8th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Thunder is too unreliable unless someone Rain Dances.

Which is why I used to team him with kyogre... :D

I use pikachu because luxray was way to slow for me, and the light orb does give him a good sp. attack. Right now my pika's moveset is thunder, thunderbolt, protect and discharge... he doesn't learn any good attacks for other types (well, other than surf...

Pocket Monster Researcher Archer
July 8th, 2007, 09:55 AM
theirs nothing wrong with pikachu. i use one mine has

grass knot
thunder bolt
attract
double team

pikachu can destroy teams if it has been well evd in the speed and sp attk department.

Pogiforce-14
July 8th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I usually start laughing my ass off at anyone actually using one, it means they're one of those people who pick Pokemon based on the anime, which woefully misconstrues the abilities of way too many Pokemon, Pikachu being at the top of the list. That's why they gave him the Light Ball at all; they know that a lot of the less strategically learned children - the n00bs - are inevitably going to be pitting Pikachu against other, smarter trainers.

I used my Surfing Pikachu, but only because I believed it actually was worth using. after having used it for a while, I know better. plan on replacing it with something better as soon as I get it.

Ichida
July 8th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Smart move. Surfing Pikachu is nothing more than a trophy for beating Mysterial.

Always and Never
July 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Holy crap. That is an awesome thought. What if you actually got trophies and stuff for winning?

Pikauchu Trophy beat Surfing Pikachu. By a long shot.

flight
July 8th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I actually feel bad for poor Pikachu. What got me to terribly dislike it are it's ungodly Defense and moveset. I see that the only reason to use a PBR Pikachu is just to show off with it, in my opinion. D:

Laa
July 8th, 2007, 08:29 PM
congrats you beat all the trainers in poketopia... I feel achievement...

Seriously Pikachu is biggest example of a sweeper I have... If he doesn't destroy the other team, he won't see another turn. I don't dare use him in 1v1 unless I have to...

Ichida
July 8th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Holy crap. That is an awesome thought. What if you actually got trophies and stuff for winning?

Pikauchu Trophy beat Surfing Pikachu. By a long shot.

Again, Surfing Pikachu is nothing more than a trophy. One you can use and die in battle with. :P

ChrisG14
July 8th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Again, Surfing Pikachu is nothing more than a trophy. One you can use and die in battle with. :P

But I guess a surfing Raichu with Volt Tackle as well would actually be more useful depending on the EVs and such.

Ichida
July 8th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Raichu wouldn't get the Light Ball bonus, making it useless once again.

Pirouette ♪
July 8th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Just a question what is PBR Pikachu?

Laa
July 8th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Pokemon Battle revolutions Pikachu award for beating all the colliseums once...it's know surf which is about all that is important...