PDA

View Full Version : Jirachi and Deoxy?

jaz_jaz
May 21st, 2004, 12:31 PM
In your opinion who do u think is best. I personally prefere Jirachi even so Deoxy is more powerfull

Jari
May 21st, 2004, 12:51 PM
Jirachi.
With a resistance for 8 types,double resistance for Psychic and immunity for Poison.Only 2 weaknesses.
I havent Jirachi and Deoxys (yet),but i think Jirachi is better.

Deoxys55
May 21st, 2004, 12:54 PM
I like Deoxys because it's not so cute and it's a shapeshifer

shining_light
May 21st, 2004, 12:56 PM
i dunno. they're both really good. i'm gonna say jirachi because it's cuter and it's the only one i have. isn't there a discussion about this already though?

Jari
May 21st, 2004, 01:06 PM
isn't there a discussion about this already though?Very high chance.

I think that Jirachi looks better,but Deoxys can change forms.

Frostweaver
May 21st, 2004, 01:30 PM
Well in game wise, Jirachi is THE WORST legendary out of all legendaries, well maybe except my poor Articuno and 22sa's Moltres. It can't do much at all, due to a very limited movepool. Its signature move is just a fancy future sight. Has tons of weakness (ground, fire, blissey, suicune, skarmory, and yadiyadiyada)... Can't stall as well as others like Suicune or even Blastoise (both of them capable of pseudohazing as well, which Jirachi cannot). The only thing about it must be wish, and the eons have that too.

Deoxy RS is useless. However, the other deoxys are certainly worth worrying about. Deoxy FR has crazy attack power which anything just die against. However it is beatable with quick attack (it got no defense, perhaps even worst than alakazam), or anyway you can find to lower its speed. Salamence stands a pretty good chance actually due to intimidate (but you'll be in red if you survive) Deoxy LG is super annoying with spike and toxic/wrap/nightshade, along with cosmic power to back it up. However it got low hp, and toxic/will o wisp will screw it over (most don't have rest but recover instead).

Jari
May 21st, 2004, 01:42 PM
I dont know much about them,and i dont know very much about strategies either.
I've heard that Deoxys hasnt a great movepool either.I think there are great strategies with the FR and LG Deoxys.

Frostweaver
May 21st, 2004, 02:15 PM
LG Deoxy- spike, night shade, wrap, recover, rest, toxic, cosmic power, seismic toss, calm mind, iron defense, amnesia, substitute

FR Deoxy- shadowball, psychic, brick break, ice beam, psychic, return, rock slide, thunderbolt, hidden power, aerial ace, psychoboost

I call that pretty darn good for a movepool, with superior stats to fully support these moves.

Jirachi... hmm...

wish, psychic, calm mind, cosmic power, rest, toxic, light screen, reflect, substitute, thunderwave, thunderbolt, aerial ace, return, hidden power

looks pretty good as well... but with stats like that, you have to choose EV very carefully (unlike for the 2 Deoxys... it MUST be a certain way pretty much). You can stall, but not as well as Deoxy LG who has spike (very valuable move) and damaging moves that doesn't require attack power to do damage (wrap and nightshade). You can't sweep at all as even Gardevoir do better than you in offense category... what is left is a high stat but unfortunately not that useful legendary...

Jari
May 21st, 2004, 02:23 PM
Pretty good moves.I want to know what the max. stats of Jirachi and Deoxys are.

Frostweaver
May 21st, 2004, 03:22 PM
I'll give it in a range of no EV to max EV, without any bonuses from nature/personallity

Jirachi
341-404 hp
236-299 atk, def, speed, sp.att, spdef

(yes Jirachi has all the others stats exactly the same, and the same goes for Mew and Celebi)

Deoxy-FR
241-304 HP
396-456 Atk
76-136 Def
336-399 Speed
396-456 Sp.Atk
76-136 Sp.Def

Deoxy-LG
241-304 HP
176-239 Atk
356-419 Def
216-279 Speed
176-239 Sp.Atk
356-419 Sp.Def

Simon
May 21st, 2004, 03:41 PM
Wow. Deoxys-F is has some deadly attack power and speed.

Intuition
May 22nd, 2004, 02:57 AM
I think I like deoxy FR more.. :)

Shinin
May 22nd, 2004, 03:33 AM
Deoxys FR is the best! And he looks the coolest!

Lucifer
May 22nd, 2004, 03:48 AM
I prefer the Leaf Green Deoxys myself. Makes better use of Recover with high defences like that.

Jari
May 22nd, 2004, 12:23 PM
Jirachi
341-404 hpWeird.The Jirachi in a movie on Colosseum is lvl 99 and has 321 HP (out of my head)

Pikachu Fan38
June 4th, 2004, 01:54 PM
I like Jirachi better,why?
because I just think it's cute.And
is the best steel type

Frostweaver
June 4th, 2004, 02:15 PM
well game wise without judging appearances, Jirachi is still the most useless or 2nd most useless steel type.

Skarmory is king. Steelix is Skarmory-minor. Magneton is anti-Skarm with a huge sp.att. Metagross has some crazy attack power with the ability to mix sweep a little. Forretress is the original spiker and can still do a darn good job of it (and then blow up afterward).

It comes down to Aggron vs Jirachi... Aggron can physical sweep and physical defense, but then it doesn't have that much unique moves so metagross > Aggron. Jirachi can learn close to nothing except relying on thunder paralysis (but then there's thunderwave?). The only thing about Jirachi is that it can wish.

katty
June 4th, 2004, 02:47 PM
i would prefer deoxys, by all means you think i am retarded and all that bad stuff. Deoxys comes from the space, it has a much interesting out look and its a shape shifter too.
jirachi just doesn't look right, its just one of those little cute creatures that owns 10x the power it is supposed to posess.

Frostweaver
June 4th, 2004, 02:51 PM
err... actually I thought that a "wish maker' would be a lot more powerful than that in the game... I mean what can that thing do except wish... =/

All Deoxys are weak to either one of these attack: quick attack/fake out/extremespeed, or toxic (i don't think Deoxys LG packs rest but recover, and if it does use rest, then you have tons of time to sword dance up to overcome its defense)

Jirachi3
June 4th, 2004, 08:40 PM
I love Jirachi(as you might of guessed) because he is very powerfull and is SOOOOOO cute.

abhinav
June 4th, 2004, 09:10 PM
i too like jirachi
but dexoys i tough to beat

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 5th, 2004, 07:40 PM
They seem like a Mew/two type. One is nice and cute, and the other is mean and kind of ugly. I prefer Jirchi, since it's cute and strong, my favorite kind of Pokmon.

Frostweaver
June 5th, 2004, 08:31 PM
well it's just that the last Pokemon of every generation is ALWAYS base stat 100 everything. The other one is just... another legendary o.O;

Jirachi3
June 7th, 2004, 01:57 PM
also the last pokemon of every generation is always a psycic and that happens to be my fav type! :D

Eliana
June 8th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Jirachi is so much better! i am tottaly freaked and intimidated by deoxys. actually, i shoudnt answer this question until the 7th movie comes out. *starts rambling about rayquaza in the 7th movie is going to crush deoxys* but really, right at the moment, i believe jirachi is better

Jirachi
June 9th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Jirachi is better. Plain and simple. Steel/Psychic is the ultamite combination.

Here is the best moveset for Jirachi:

Wish
Double Team
Cosmic Power
Future Sight

With Double Team to avoid the attacks and Cosmic Power to dodge the ones that do hit, you have turned Jirachi into a real killer with enough time to use Future Sight to knock out the enemy and Wish to cover up what tiny pain has been applied.
What to do in the extra time? Just use Double team and Cosmic Power more!

Frostweaver
June 9th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Jirachi is better. Plain and simple. Steel/Psychic is the ultamite combination.

Here is the best moveset for Jirachi:

Wish
Double Team
Cosmic Power
Future Sight

With Double Team to avoid the attacks and Cosmic Power to dodge the ones that do hit, you have turned Jirachi into a real killer with enough time to use Future Sight to knock out the enemy and Wish to cover up what tiny pain has been applied.
What to do in the extra time? Just use Double team and Cosmic Power more!
And any sweeper can kill that in an instant... you do know that wish isn't instant, and it makes cosmic powering that much more difficult. A will o wisp will also end the life of your strategy. Future sight is crappy, and it doesn't even have a basic 100% accuracy...

And even if I assumed that you got 6 double teams, it's not 90% miss you know... *is still bitter/angry and how his 6 DTed Gyarados got killed by Jolteon's Thunder* And there's always DDing Salamence to aerial ace the kill. By the way, there's hazers out there =p

12 step buff up is a big no no... and steel/psychic is weak to plenty of junk.

Porygon
June 9th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Fire and Ground, to be precise XD

Everything else being normal, half, quarter, or no damage XD