View Full Version : Digimon Savers: Another Mission

July 10th, 2007, 11:54 PM
AKA Digimon World: Data Squad, this is the new Digimon game being made by Namco/Bandai (there's one for the DS too, but I don't know much about it yet). I took a look at alot of the screenshots and a video of some of the in-game footage. Taking place in the Savers / Data Squad continuity of Digimon, this PS2 game lets players adventure through a supposedly new story arc in the Savers series.

Anyway, enough about that. I'm sure you want to see the footage. Some of you will probably say it looks sort of like Battle Revolution. Watch it all the way through. I think you'll be surprised.

Also, here's a few more screenshots of the game, showing some of the other stuff in it.

If this turns out to be good, I'll probably check it out. At the very least, I'll definitely rent it (it's been years since I saw a good Digimon game over here in the States, so I'm praying).

Twilight Itachi X
July 11th, 2007, 6:08 AM
I was thinking about importing this ( I have a Japanese Imported PS2), it does kind of remind me not of Battle Revolution though, but of the Pokemon Colosseum/XD series, with Digimon in it. Looks good though.

July 12th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Another thing, there doesn't seem to be Levels in the game. Everything seems to go strictly off a stat/EVO-system.

See? His name's Marcus.

I take back the level thing. They're still there. It just doesn't show them on the Evolution screen.

Also, Evolving is handled through a new system called the Galactic Evolution Grid, or something along those lines. But all Evolutions are still in-battle.