PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Anime poll

Charizard EX
July 11th, 2007, 03:50 AM
I was waiting to know how many people are like me, Just don't like Pokemon normal anime (master quest, advanced etc.). Only watch Movies. I thing Pokemon are REALLY REALLY childish. No violence, characters get easily excited by everyday things, and saying things like ":cross-eye I HOPE YOU"LL BE A GREAT POKEMON TRAINER". when someone does something,they say it's pretty cool like a scientist says that He\she studies Pokemon, they think it's awesome, when they've a million of people like them.........

so, tell me, are Pokemon childish?

Kitty!
July 11th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Of course it's a children's show, but that doesn't mean teens and adults can't enjoy it. Which is why I can't stand how people get made fun of liking it. D:

Nekonron
July 11th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I started watching Pokemon as a kid and I really loved it then. That's probably I still like it now. So no, I don't think its childish :)

Waffle-San
July 11th, 2007, 12:25 PM
sure it's roots come from the child fanbase(or at least it did when it was first released) but I kind of like it that way. If i want to see grown up issues then I'll watch the news. I don't see how it'd make pokemon a better show if it contained murder, suicide, depression, drugs, other crime and viloence, thats what's CSI's for.
Sure maybe some of the things they say are a little over the top on the childish side but the intentions are good and if you really listen you'll see that the overlying message is maybe something we should all pay more attention too.

One more point, classifying something as childish is half the time a stereotype that originates from peoples perspective on whats "In" and whats not. A lot of its a reputation thing, where people just want to fit in. So no I don't believe its childish. Telletubies is childish.

Wow i just turned pokemon into a playground killing, bias, stereotype, bystanding issue. Woah, woops >_>

Kitty!
July 11th, 2007, 12:49 PM
^ You do have a very good point with the whole reputation thing. The majority of the Pokemon fanbase were around the ages of 6 - 12 when Pokemon first started. After a while, people just stopped watching it/liking it/prtending not to like it, cause that what was in then. Some loser finally wanted to be cool and decided "Hey, I'm gonna 'dislike' Pokemon now since I'm too old and I want to be cool. And now let me make fun of people who still like it, cause it's so childish." D:

I was in Middle School at the time it became 'childish.' If I admitted to liking Pokemon, I'd be dead from being made fun of. But now I'm in High School and I could care less if people know I like it. Besides, there are many other 'childish' things teens like. But they don't get made fun of for that. I just think it has something to do with the time it started and how popular it became.

Jorah
July 11th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah "The higher you climb, the harder you fall" type thing.

Just because there's no violence doesn't make it childish. Well whatever, I don't care if something's supposed to be childish or not. I like it so I don't care. I shouldn't have to stop liking something because everyone else thinks so. Its a fun show and I enjoy watching it.

Eos Aduro
July 11th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Ok, well I was off the show for a long time, the Orange ISlands sickened me, I hate Tracey. But now, whenever I see it, I really enjoy it. The fact that its childish is GREAT! sure, Team Rocket are annoying, and the voices are high-pitched, but who the heck cares? Its fun to watch, the drama is all gym battles, and it teached me alot about friendship when I was little, Ahs Ketchup, I salute you!

Live in Color
July 11th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I was waiting to know how many people are like me, Just don't like Pokemon normal anime (master quest, advanced etc.). Only watch Movies. I thing Pokemon are REALLY REALLY childish. No violence, characters get easily excited by everyday things, and saying things like ":cross-eye I HOPE YOU"LL BE A GREAT POKEMON TRAINER". when someone does something,they say it's pretty cool like a scientist says that He\she studies Pokemon, they think it's awesome, when they've a million of people like them.........

so, tell me, are Pokemon childish?

You're 11... and you don't like Pokemon and think it's childish? I'm 16 and I still love it! (While still maintaining a social life... xD)

If the world had Pokemon in it today and it was like the show, no guns, no robberies (except for stealing Ultra Balls, and Pokemon xD) then I think the world would be better. So let's tell George Bush to go make Pokymans! :laugh:

Eos Aduro
July 11th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Wow, I didnt see that you were 11. Dude, if you say its too childish, thne you are trying to be WAY to mture for your age! I mean, poeple like, seventeen still love it! Im 14, its the best thing ever!

Charizard EX
July 12th, 2007, 03:29 AM
I know that pokemon world is cool, no robberies, no schools (english, science maths subjects), but the anime is childish. And I am not trying to be Way too mature 4 my age. They sicken me badly. just watch movies, there is no stupid backgrounds when they fight like blue bg with white lines.

Nekonron
July 12th, 2007, 05:02 AM
You like what you like. The ones who are making fun of you are the childish ones. I'm 23 and I still like Pokemon, and there's no reason for me to hide it. In fact, quite a few of my friends are still into Pokemon as well.

Eos Aduro
July 12th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Do they stil have the whole Blue Lines in the BAckground thing? I thought they got rid of that.

Dave-o-rama
July 12th, 2007, 09:38 AM
You're 11... and you don't like Pokemon and think it's childish? I'm 16 and I still love it! (While still maintaining a social life... xD)

finally someone i can realte to... but im only 12.
i dont watch the TV shows. i only play the games. and for right now THAT'S a rare occasion. xD

Michela92
July 12th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I started watching Pokemon when I was really little and now I am 15 and I still watch it.
Yea the show is a childish show, but I love it anyway.

Inugami
July 12th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Basically, The things I were going to say. So I'm just going to repeat it. I've watched Pokemon since the beginning. Then I have skipped some seasons because my best friend "teased" me for liking it. Then I started watching it secretly. I wish I can let it out though. So yeah..

Michela92
July 12th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Basically, The things I were going to say. So I'm just going to repeat it. I've watched Pokemon since the beginning. Then I have skipped some seasons because my best friend "teased" me for liking it. Then I started watching it secretly. I wish I can let it out though. So yeah..

Don't worry I am the same way If I ever told my friends I still watch Pokemon They would tease me so much. The only people who think it's cool that I love pokemon are my little cousins. So don't worry your not alone.

spike6958
July 12th, 2007, 02:21 PM
im 18 and pokemon first came out when i was in middle school, and it was realy populer, then in the holidays i went away for a week and when i came back all my friends hated it and i they started making fun of me for liking it and i couldn't understand how in one week there minds could change, so i had to watch and play on my own untill i met a few people from other schools that where all going into the same highschool as me and they liked it and now there my new best friends so im glad that i missed that week.

CristWii
July 12th, 2007, 03:05 PM
No way man.....................

Waffle-San
July 12th, 2007, 03:52 PM
People at my'n and The_Chatot_Pirates school, or at least our grade, have kinda gotten to respect it. Us and our other friends started talking about it publicly and we found out there were still a few people who secretly liked it. Our other aquatences that didn't like it reaslised they weren't cutting us down and now want to give it another chance.

Roihu
July 12th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I agree with him the movies are better than anime. I agree practically with everything he said, you people say he is young but god damn it you hear of 10 year olds running with Guns nowadays.

Eos Aduro
July 12th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I agree with him the movies are better than anime. I agree practically with everything he said, you people say he is young but god damn it you hear of 10 year olds running with Guns nowadays.

Yeah, in like Blood Diamond, I doubt that happens in the Pokemon world, c'mon if you like to Play Pokemon, whats so bad about the show. I mean, we all gather to this forums, not to argue and to fight, we come because simply, WE LOVE POKEMON! I mean, in general!