PDA

View Full Version : Legendary pokemon, good or bad?

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 05:41 PM
If you ask me it can lean in both directions, I mean, I ev trained a celebi and mew from lvl 10 and a jirachi from lvl 5. If you ask me, I'm not gonna have some punk telling me I didn't raise them and that there cheap. But if it's one of those legendary pokemon that you catch at 70 or higher then it's cheap. They have unbeatable stats and are cheap. (I only have two like that on my team, mewtwo and rayquaza) Does anyone agree with me?

mrmo1115
July 11th, 2007, 05:43 PM
i totally agree since the stereo type is that it is "cheap" thats why most ppl dont even use jirachi or mew even though it takes time to raise them up =/

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 06:22 PM
I've heard some people saying that uber users don't bother to train properly because they have legends. That's really offensive to people like me who actually ev train their ubers (mine are mewtwo, mew, celebi, jirachi, and rayquaza) and worry about that kind of stuff. The way I see it is that if someone trains, really well (ev), with an uber then NO ONE has ANY right to tell that person that their uber's cheap! Some people actually care about trying to train there legends to be the best pokemon ever. Some people just don't see that or don't like it so they complain.

Ichida
July 11th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I don't use them because I plan on participating in Nintendo tourneys, which disallow the use of legendaries, trained or not, and I prefer to fine-tune my skills under those same principles. Whether they're cheap or fair doesn't matter to me.

flight
July 11th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Look people, I see this everytime in people's posts, threads, and everything, and I'm getting quite sick with the use of ubers. I used to use them, and that was a long time ago when I played Ruby and Sapphire(Emerald didn't come out, then). It's pathetic how people still make an attempt to use ubers today, believing they would do a good job instead of their regular pokemon. Do they even know that regular pokemon could be strong, or if possible, even stronger than ubers.

Maybe that's why people EV train these days. Cause they know someone's going to send out ubers and then they'll be prepared. I've faced a lot of ubers in my time of playing PBR, and I haven't seen anything more pathetic and humiliating than a Ho-oh, Lugia, a shiny Kyogre and a Mewtwo losing to regular, EV trained pokes like mine.

Also, another thing. Why have ubers when you know that they're banned from official tournaments? A very large percentage of them, 90% or higher, absolutly prohibit the use of ubers in any way, fashion or form. Another reason, is that those ubers can be hacked. No one ever wants to go into the trouble of battling a hacked pokemon with 999 everything. It's worthless, I tell you.

I'm not saying ubers are totally pathetic. They're fun to use when battling CPU opponents. EV training ubers and using them are fun, too. Even I sometimes use ubers just for the heck of it. But that doesn't prevent me from disliking the people that use them in the most wrong way possible.

So yeah. Those are my 2 cents and opinion about ubers. I can't pick a vote. Since I would pick both. You've should've added another option D:

Ichida
July 11th, 2007, 06:39 PM
*puts your two cents on display* Pennies of wisdom. :D

Pogiforce-14
July 11th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I went with cheap just because Legendaries, by nature, are unfairly overpowered. When you're limited to nothing but level 50 in WiFi battle, you really feel that natural boost. I personally prefer battles where I can see strategy over naturally high stats. regardless of how they're trained.

flight
July 11th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I went with cheap just because Legendaries, by nature, are unfairly overpowered. When you're limited to nothing but level 50 in WiFi battle, you really feel that natural boost. I personally prefer battles where I can see strategy over naturally high stats. regardless of how they're trained.

If you think about it, legendaries are overpowered, but not GODLY strong. As in my post, Lugia used Aeroblast and Ho-oh spammed Sacred Fire on my Gardy, and it didn't even faint. They were meant to be strong by nature, but that doesn't really mean they're strong on everything else, too. .-.

I think keeping level 50 is a good idea, since when coming to ubers, it's fairly common that people have them at level 100.

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Like I said before, what about people (me) who train ubers (jirachi, mew, celebi, manaphy) from lvls 1, 5, and 10? What about people who actually take pride in there legendaries? I trained mine from lvls 10 and 5, I even ev trained them! People who use pokemon found at lvl 70 or higher, that's the cheap uber users. Does anyone angree?

flight
July 11th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Like I said before, what about people (me) who train ubers (jirachi, mew, celebi, manaphy) from lvls 1, 5, and 10? What about people who actually take pride in there legendaries? I trained mine from lvls 10 and 5, I even ev trained them! People who use pokemon found at lvl 70 or higher, that's the cheap uber users. Does anyone angree?

Well, you would see that I'm not 100% against ubers. I'm only like 40%. The rest is on how people would use them. It's fine with me if you EV train ubers. That's just you. I'm not going to stop you.

I never accused you of anything, also. I understand you take pride in training ubers, and I do, too. Honestly. If I didn't care about ubers, I'd leave em all untrained. But I don't do that, you see. I train them. So I'm not all against ubers.

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 07:04 PM
That post wasn't to you in general, and I know that your about half and half, so am I. I can't stand people who get cocky and don't give a crud about training there ubers, especially the ones like mewtwo, caught at lvl 70. I also can't stand people totally against legendaries, it's a title, owning one doesn't ruin the purpose of the game if you put time into training. If you don't, your cheap and cocky and I'll take you out with my super pokemon! (to all those cocky 'I don't need to train my ubers' trainers) That's what I can't stand, but that last post wasn't susposed to have anything against you, sorry if it sounded like it did.

flight
July 11th, 2007, 07:06 PM
That post wasn't to you in general, and I know that your about half and half, so am I. I can't stand people who get cocky and don't give a crud about training there ubers, especially the ones like mewtwo, caught at lvl 70. I also can't stand people totally against legendaries, it's a title, owning one doesn't ruin the purpose of the game if you put time into training. If you don't, your cheap and cocky and I'll take you out with my super pokemon! (to all those cocky 'I don't need to train my ubers' trainers) That's what I can't stand, but that last post wasn't susposed to have anything against you, sorry if it sounded like it did.

Well it's fine, then. Just making a point. I have nothing against legendaries as long as they are used properly.

Pogiforce-14
July 11th, 2007, 07:06 PM
I just think that the training of ubers puts the other four hundred seventy something pokemon at an unfair disadvantage. I mean sure, there are those who are naturally horrible, but I think I'd rather have about twenty, thirty mons outclassed than 97% of the entire pokedex.

You can take pride in Ubers, sure, you can train them, EVs, the whole nine yards, but that just makes them even more impossible to beat when everything is stuck at level 50, and the base stats of legendaries are already 20 to 30 points higher than your average mon. It's hard enough beating them when noobs who don't have a clue what they're doing are using them, but when you get someone who actually knows how to train properly, it's completely unfair. Say you take a perfectly trained Jirachi and pit it against me, I wouldn't stand a chance with my team lacking in the ubers department. Which means I either stay with the team I have, pokemon I enjoy, and lose, or I limit myself to the fifteen or twenty legendaries that I don't necessarily enjoy using just to stand a chance.

Simply put, I think the use of Legendaries forces the other player to make some unpleasant decisions, and stagnates the meta. It puts trainers in a lose/lose situation. Use a fun team, and lose, or use a no fun legendary team from a pool of thirty or so mon, and MAYBE win. And if trainers opt largely for that second option, it means that you will see the same god forsaken pokemon over and over and over again. the same thirty pokemon, while the other 460 gather dust.

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 07:22 PM
You do have a point, but if you train your pokemon right then they can easily take out ubers. I mean, I used the team I have now on my rival xxxxxxlarge and he only used a tyranitar, bye-bye team. The way I look at it, if you train well enough then you always stand a good chance against ubers, ask xxxxxxlarge. It's other peoples oppinions on what they use, I don't tell you not to use your fav. poke, well my fav is a celebi, I love legendaries, sure for their power but they're fun to train and they look cool to. No offense or anything. I'm just saying, you like using favs. and I'm sure alot of uber trainers like using there favs, ubers. (unless it's those cocky no good legend miss using trainers giving trainers like me a bad name) What's wrong with training your pokemon to be the best they can be?

Pogiforce-14
July 11th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Tyranitar is stronger than half the legendaries that cause problems, him and Wobbuffet are also Ubers. That was a poor comparison.

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 07:26 PM
The other six times he used ones like blissy.

AztecSunshine
July 11th, 2007, 07:29 PM
*points at pogiforce post* all what he said is right when you train a upper team it makes all the other pokes is weak as the commen geodude lets say i ev trained a yanmega in speed it well be faster than most non upper cuz yanmega is fast by itself than i see this guy with a speed form deoxys this well make my yanmega a pile of crap cuz the speed form deoxys is the most fastest poke and it's ev trained soo my yanmega can't do a thing

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah but if people put training time into ubers like I do then what's wrong with making them the best they can be? The point of battling is to be better than everyone else.

AztecSunshine
July 11th, 2007, 07:37 PM
ya thats the point but what is the point of making an ev trained upper team? this well make all other poke weak which is not fair soo ppl who ev train normal pokes can have fun battling other ev trained normal pokes my yanmega and electivire well be nothing on those ppl who ev train upper it makes you more powerfull than others who use non-upper team

Ichida
July 11th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Tyranitar is stronger than half the legendaries that cause problems, him and Wobbuffet are also Ubers. That was a poor comparison.

*CCs/Auras Tyranitar to death* Tyranitar isn't an uber. I've OHKOd every Tyranitar I've ever fought.

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah, but I think it's cheap when people ev train mewtwo, that stuff. For an example of what I'm saying, I got a celebi at lvl 10 I ev trained it and trained it to lvl hundred, I did as much work as anyone else training normal pokes! But then people come along and say it's cheap and that people like me look for the strongest uber in the game! WELL THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!! I work just as hard as everyone else, I ev trained celebi's sp. attack, it's only 280 something! I put time in to train to! UBER OR NORMAL DOESN'T MATTER!!! YOU SAY PEOPLE USING NORMALS ARE AT AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE YET I HEAR "I whipped the floor with that dialga". But when an ev trained uber comes along you start to complain! Uber users train to! YOU JUDGE US WITH THOSE COCKY NONE EV TRAINING UBER TRAINERS! I care about training and my pokemon being the best. Yanmega's your fav. poke? Well celebi's mine. I just like ubers. When you think about there is no fair or unfair. It's win or lose, live and learn, and who you'll blame your lose on, uber user or you? There's no fair or unfair when it comes to making your pokemon reach the best of there abilities! HACKS ARE UNFAIR! Ubers may be powerful, but they can be beaten with normal pokemon.

Ichida
July 11th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Bottom line for me is legendaries are out. Official tourneys don't allow them, so all of you too lazy to train up a real team are just screwing yourselves deeper into that snug little hole you're in. Enjoy. :D

AztecSunshine
July 11th, 2007, 07:57 PM
ehh my fav is mudkip not yanmega lol

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM
WHY YOU LITTLE!!!! I bet I could beat you any time! Just like you, I put work into my pokemon... SO STOP GIVING PEOPLE LIKE ME A BAD NAME!! I'M NOT LAZY! I SPENT MANY MONTHS TRAINING MY TEAM! SO I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME PUNK STAND THERE AND MAKE FUN OF IT!! NOT ALL UBER TRAINERS ARE BAD! NOT ALL UBERS ARE BAD! I bet you're just scared of ubers and there trainers cause you know you'll lose!:shocked: You don't like ubers, that's great, but I really do put alot of work into my pokemon... SO STOP SAYING NEGITIVE STUFF ABOUT IT!:t383:

AztecSunshine
July 11th, 2007, 08:12 PM
my cousin stole my pbr and my diamond and my team isn't done any way soo no battle and please upper users make the game no fun
this is my last post here and i don't care what you are going to say unless it's a aginset the rules i well happly report

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Okay, now I see, you judge just because I use ubers... hmmm. I know what'll do... I'M GOING TO CRUSH ALL UBER HATERS!! Oh, and I'm not dumb, I don't say things against the rules, though I suppose an uber hater would love to ban an uber trainer... to bad that won't happen!:laugh: Yeah, well, I'll see you on pbr, when I crush you!:badsmile: Until then.

Pikachu2007
July 11th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Many people prefer using Legendary Pokemon. I, myself, use legendaries, but often, I will experiment with other Pokemon and some of them are just as good as a Legendary Pokemon.

But that's just me. In short, I use them, but not often.

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 08:23 PM
The ubers I use I evtrained to lvl 100 from lvl 5 and 10. I put lots of work into my ubers.

Laa
July 11th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Man I bet this community is about 90% against hacking and ubers and mabye 5% are the opposite. The rest (like myself) just don't care...

the ubers. Who cares? Seriously if a kid wants to use an uber and not raise it properly than that is their fault. And if they are banned from most tournaments, do what I did and throw them all into their own party and use them for fun. Now if their stats are hacked all the way to 999, then you just leave and never speak to them again.

Ichida
July 11th, 2007, 08:42 PM
WHY YOU LITTLE!!!! I bet I could beat you any time! Just like you, I put work into my pokemon... SO STOP GIVING PEOPLE LIKE ME A BAD NAME!! I'M NOT LAZY! I SPENT MANY MONTHS TRAINING MY TEAM! SO I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME PUNK STAND THERE AND MAKE FUN OF IT!! NOT ALL UBER TRAINERS ARE BAD! NOT ALL UBERS ARE BAD! I bet you're just scared of ubers and there trainers cause you know you'll lose!:shocked: You don't like ubers, that's great, but I really do put alot of work into my pokemon... SO STOP SAYING NEGITIVE STUFF ABOUT IT!:t383:

You would lose that bet. I don't give you a bad name, you give yourself one as a byproduct of being an ubern00b. Not lazy? Prove it. Raise a REAL team. I'm not standing here, I'm laying down. :P Ubern00bs aren't bad, just lazy. I'm not scared at all, I have beaten entire teams of hacked legendaries.

Okay, now I see, you judge just because I use ubers... hmmm. I know what'll do... I'M GOING TO CRUSH ALL UBER HATERS!! Oh, and I'm not dumb, I don't say things against the rules, though I suppose an uber hater would love to ban an uber trainer... to bad that won't happen! Yeah, well, I'll see you on pbr, when I crush you! Until then.

Yes, we judge you for using ubers, and you do nothing to fix that. Crush all uberhaters? You could battle your whole life away and never beat everyone who doesn't like legendaries. I don't care if you get banned or not, though it would be bloody hilarious.

Oh, and if you're going to defend your opinion convincingly, you could at least spell everything correctly, XDD.

legendtamer1995
July 11th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Gee thanks, I really don't care what you think anymore, I have a lvl 100 blastoise, it can take out any ubers. Now that we have that cleared up I'd like to act like this arguement never happened, I'm so angry that I have a headache. As for the ban thing, ha ha, I'm sure you uber haters would think it's very funny, to bad it won't happen.:classic:ubers are still fair, I raise them as much as you raise your dumb normal pokemon, uber is a title, they're pokemon, get over it. Don't hate people because they use ubers, that's like hating someone because they're different then you, it's dumb and pointless! Judging people when you don't know them and for no reason, nice!

Laa
July 11th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Gee thanks, I really don't care what you think anymore, I have a lvl 100 blastoise, it can take out any ubers. Now that we have that cleared up I'd like to act like this arguement never happened, I'm so angry that I have a headache. As for the ban thing, ha ha, I'm sure you uber haters would think it's very funny, to bad it won't happen.:classic:ubers are still fair, I raise them as much as you raise your dumb normal pokemon, uber is a title, they're pokemon, get over it. Don't hate people because they use ubers, that's like hating someone because they're different then you, it's dumb and pointless! Judging people when you don't know them and for no reason, nice!

they're going after the fact that you're being so dumb about it, not the. Stop being dumb and they'll get off you about it. I'm all for ubers... but not like that...

Ichida
July 11th, 2007, 09:26 PM
What, you think because you typed that last part in little font, I won't see it? XDDD. If you don't care what I think, why did you bother posting again? Blastoise? Ehh, there are better Water-elements. Yes, we would think it's funny. Glad we can agree on that. :P

If ubers are fair, complain to Nintendo. If you convince them to allow legendaries I will apologize. *Snickers* I don't hate you because you're different than me. I hate you because you're lazy and dependent.

Always and Never
July 11th, 2007, 10:02 PM
How is getting a pokemon at level 70 fair?

I have trained all my pokemon from eggs. A 69 level mean pretty much kills that fact.

Pokemon you can see in the overworld, are unfair.

AztecSunshine
July 11th, 2007, 10:06 PM
you mean pokemon you can see in game? no drifloon if fair sorry for posting in here cuz i said i won't post agin

legendtamer1995
July 12th, 2007, 05:10 AM
How is getting a pokemon at level 70 fair?

I have trained all my pokemon from eggs. A 69 level mean pretty much kills that fact.

Pokemon you can see in the overworld, are unfair.

I know, someone catching a mewtwo, not bothering to train it, and taking it into the collseum is unfair and it is lazy. I don't do that however, I don't use ubers caught at lvl 70, that's dumb. I raise mine from lvls 5 and 10, then I ev train them, then I put them on my team. I'm not like the people that have a team of lugia, ho-oh, mewtwo, giratina, rayquaza, and heatran, all of those are caught at high lvls, I only used those for the e4.

Ichida
July 12th, 2007, 05:12 AM
you mean pokemon you can see in game? no drifloon if fair sorry for posting in here cuz i said i won't post agin

Drifloon/Drifblim are fair, they just suck. :P

Pogiforce-14
July 12th, 2007, 05:29 AM
I know, someone catching a mewtwo, not bothering to train it, and taking it into the collseum is unfair and it is lazy. I don't do that however, I don't use ubers caught at lvl 70, that's dumb. I raise mine from lvls 5 and 10, then I ev train them, then I put them on my team. I'm not like the people that have a team of lugia, ho-oh, mewtwo, giratina, rayquaza, and heatran, all of those are caught at high lvls, I only used those for the e4.

I do believe you are completely missing the point...

You catch a level seventy. you nature hunt, eve train it, raise it thirty levels. done. If you actually want to try to hunt for IVs with it, you're a brave soul.

Average pokemon. IV breed, nature hunt, EV train it, raise it 100 levels. Already, we can see that in your average pokemon, more work is required. But we're not done.

The base stats of Legendary pokemon, on average, are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than average pokemon. Which basically means less work for more power. He's not calling you lazy because of how you train them, Ichida is calling you lazy because you use them at all, and I agree. One or two legendaries is one thing, but a team of them is just a shortcut to power, promoting dependency and the idea that you don't need a proper strategy, your team is strong enough without it. That, to me, is lazy.

And you're also making yourself look the idiot by screaming and yelling and swearing you'd win in a battle, BTW. Especially since a battle challenge demands that it be met by someone who raises their team the right way.

I for one, nominate Ichida to face down Legendtamer's challenge. With Ichida's team EV trained with a strategy, we can see how it fairs against a legendary team dependent on raw power. Regardless I stand by my vote: legendaries are a cheap way to get stronger than your opponent, and produce a false sense of superiority. If you want to look superior, use pokemon that DON'T look like they're jacked up on steroids the second you catch them.

legendtamer1995
July 12th, 2007, 05:39 AM
That steroids part was funny. Well, thank you for telling me that. Lets just leave it at you have your oppinion and I have mine.

Laa
July 12th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Just make a team of legendaries and one that isn't. Problem solved...

legendtamer1995
July 12th, 2007, 03:42 PM
If your talking to me, thanks for the idea but no. I don't need to prove anything, I just want a wii. I can not and WILL not think about anything else, does anyone know the price of a wii?

Laa
July 12th, 2007, 08:56 PM
If your talking to me, thanks for the idea but no. I don't need to prove anything, I just want a wii. I can not and WILL not think about anything else, does anyone know the price of a wii?

If you don't need to prove anything than you don't need to start anything.

This will help you in that search... (google.com)

am I the only one who has seen a Wii where ever I go?

Archer
July 12th, 2007, 10:49 PM
calm down guys. I used to use Ubers, but now i dont. they are boring. My team has loads of OU pokes, but not ubers.
-Gyarados
-Torterra
-Dragonite
-etc.

But in game, i like to use some novelty pokes.
-Scyther
-Breloom
-Solrock

Mustache
July 12th, 2007, 11:38 PM
first of all: i don't hate legendairy's, i don't hate legendairy users, and i don't hate legendairy haters.

and now my little argument why legendairys are not lazy:
first: legendairys are harder to catch
second: getting a legendairy with good IV and nature is even harder than catching one
third: training a legendairy is harder. asuming, YES JUST ASUMING!!! that you take 1 day to train a zigzagoon from lvl 70 to 71, then it would take a week to do the same with a legendairy poke. AND I AM NOT SAYING THAT IT REALY TAKE'S A DAY/WEEK!!! :D
fourth: legendairys are not unbeatable. any pokemon can be beaten by a good and welltrained pokemon with a type advantage. as far as i know there is only 1 pokemon type that has no weakness, and that is dark/ghost. and there is no legend with that type combi.

that is why i think legends are not lazy: they are harder to train, harder to catch, it is harder to get a good one, and you still have to think before you use it.

peabobo's sexy legs
July 13th, 2007, 05:57 AM
I think that using legendaries is completely fair. Ubers and Wobuffet, IMO, are cheap.

To the post above, they are still lazy because you don't take the time to experience with Pokemon that aren't as good.

btw, Octillery rules. Use him. x3

Ichiha
July 13th, 2007, 02:23 PM
It's cheap. Ubers shouldn't be allowed online. I'm glad they made it so you can't bring Deoxys online. Most of the time it's like little 10 year olds playing with Ubers because they have no idea on how to EV Train and just think Ubers look cool. If you use an Uber correctly, I'm sure it could take out about 4-5 people on a single team.

evilcheese
July 29th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Legendaries have too good stats that's why there so good so cheap
Ive seen a deoxys

Shinji_
July 29th, 2007, 10:39 AM
I dont like legendarys they dont have any fun in them becuase there already trained <.<

LethalTexture
July 29th, 2007, 11:42 AM
If you use an Uber correctly, I'm sure it could take out about 4-5 people on a single team.

That's why they're not cheap. Many normal Pokémon can do that if used in the right way. That's why I use Ubers and Legendaries, 'cos I know how to use them correctly, although I only use a maximum of two per team when I do. They were put into the game to be used, not to be used as Eye Candy in the PC. You don't like it, don't play. Simple.

Xoo
July 29th, 2007, 01:17 PM
My current Team doesn't have them, but personally, I kinda like them. ;)

The Real AAA
July 29th, 2007, 02:00 PM
OK I'm going to say this simple because to me I keep legendary pokemon for collection and I keep non-legendary pokemon for battling!

BTW people who use legends are NooBs!!

PipeMan
July 29th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I don't like using legendaries, makes me fell like I have an unfair advantage.

willypiggy
July 30th, 2007, 01:43 AM
This is quite miss-leading, the title suggest's all legendaries but the poll is about ubers, ubers dont include the trio's from each game and various other pokes, i like playing with ubers, i find them more fun than standard OU teams.

BurstX
July 30th, 2007, 07:56 AM
first of all: i don't hate legendairy's, i don't hate legendairy users, and i don't hate legendairy haters.

and now my little argument why legendairys are not lazy:
first: legendairys are harder to catch
second: getting a legendairy with good IV and nature is even harder than catching one
third: training a legendairy is harder. asuming, YES JUST ASUMING!!! that you take 1 day to train a zigzagoon from lvl 70 to 71, then it would take a week to do the same with a legendairy poke. AND I AM NOT SAYING THAT IT REALY TAKE'S A DAY/WEEK!!! :D
fourth: legendairys are not unbeatable. any pokemon can be beaten by a good and welltrained pokemon with a type advantage. as far as i know there is only 1 pokemon type that has no weakness, and that is dark/ghost. and there is no legend with that type combi.

that is why i think legends are not lazy: they are harder to train, harder to catch, it is harder to get a good one, and you still have to think before you use it.

they are not harder to catch, they are in your game in a specific spot. other pokemon are much harder, there are the legends that you have to go after but thats as hard as its gonna get. so my point is some legends are easy others are not hard but in the middle.

Shiraishi
July 30th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Hrm. lvl 100 blastoise. Is that one that has attacking moves and not a shread of egg moves? If only my team was ready..pity..Legends have very balanced stats. TTar has a 4x weakness and is insanely slow. Azelf for example, has the same bas speed as Starmie and the Attack of a Gyarados(Sp atk or a Roserade) Now, is that really fair?

sCam
July 30th, 2007, 08:12 PM
They're a little cheap because they have alot of stats, which isn't fair to the regular pokemon.

BurstX
July 31st, 2007, 03:36 AM
They're a little cheap because they have alot of stats, which isn't fair to the regular pokemon. i agree 100% they are so cheap

daveshan
July 31st, 2007, 04:52 AM
Legendaries are as fair as every other pokemon. We all have an equal chance of getting them and raising them. The only pokemon that shouldn't be used are the ones that are so far unavailable by legitimite means. I.E. Arceus, Darkrai (English), and Shaymin (English).

Everyone has an equal chance to get all the others, so it's their fault for not using them.

Ichida
July 31st, 2007, 12:36 PM
Getting and raising them isn't the issue. It's how they stack up in battle stats-wise. Most legendaries have an unfair statistical advantage over other Pokemon, and that's the main reason they're disallowed from serious play.

WraithGadra
August 1st, 2007, 05:23 AM
Are we talking about all legendaries, or just ubers? I don't like to see all uber teams when I go onto PBR Wi-Fi, but I have no problems seeing Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit on someone's team. It just means lunch time for Gallade.

Luminous_Reaver
August 1st, 2007, 06:01 AM
It's easy to beat legendaries when you know what you're doing (and the person using them doesn't). I don't mind legendary spammers so much because most of the time, that is the case.

But if not then it kind of sucks.

Seol
August 1st, 2007, 06:25 AM
It's easy to beat legendaries when you know what you're doing (and the person using them doesn't). I don't mind legendary spammers so much because most of the time, that is the case.If you're playing a good player with an uber team, however, it's a different manner. If ubers are allowed, then the list of viable Pokemon that you can win a tournament with drops to a mere handful of what it would otherwise be. Allowing ubers limits the strategies available and discourages innovation - by banning ubers, you make tournaments more skill-intensive and more interesting to play in.

Saying "my legendaries are fair because I trained them" doesn't address the issue that legendaries are unfair not because they're easy to level up, but because they're fundamentally too powerful. Training them to optimum stats worsens that issue. It's like if you challenge me to a street-car race and I come out with my old banger and you show up with a tuned rally-car, but then say "ah, but I picked optimum tyres for the weather conditions and have tweaked the chassis balance myself!". Yes, it's good you put the work in yourself, but that doesn't make me want to race you any more and doesn't make the competition any more even.

legendtamer1995
August 1st, 2007, 07:33 AM
Guess who's back? So, where was I before? Oh yeah, legendaries are fair.:laugh:

Shiraishi
August 1st, 2007, 07:36 AM
Legends have VERY balanced stats unlike OU pokemon. They are un-fair. I dont care how long it takes someone to train them. You are hearing from a person who seriously needs a cresselia for a special wall.

legendtamer1995
August 1st, 2007, 07:40 AM
Cressilia for a what? Unlike ubers my legends don't have high stats or balanced. I also know how to use them. If anyone knew how to use their pokemon then mine would faint easily.

The Real AAA
August 1st, 2007, 10:12 AM
Guess who's back? So, where was I before? Oh yeah, legendaries are fair.:laugh:

um no there not fair, to me people who use legends are usally the little kids or noobs

LethalTexture
August 1st, 2007, 10:41 AM
Cressilia for a what? Unlike ubers my legends don't have high stats or balanced. I also know how to use them. If anyone knew how to use their pokemon then mine would faint easily.

Exactly. Any OU (or possibly UU) Pokémon could make a Legendary/Uber faint if used in the correct manner, and vice versa. I'm sure I've explained an Alakazam vs. Mewtwo scenario somewhere before.

um no there not fair, to me people who use legends are usally the little kids or noobs

ORLY? And why is that? Care to back-up your opinion, as I have done above?

aceglen
August 1st, 2007, 11:37 AM
i know i sound like an idiot saying this, but whats an uber?

legendtamer1995
August 1st, 2007, 11:39 AM
Thank you! Finally, someone agrees with me! And, yes legendaries are fair, all of you say you train your teams to take down ubers, well, if that's the case then what's the big deal? Is there a real problem or do you just like complaining?

An uber is a really strong legend. I.E. Mewtwo, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Deoxys

The Real AAA
August 1st, 2007, 12:30 PM
ORLY? And why is that? Care to back-up your opinion, as I have done above?

um cause little kids like to use them in battles and noobs can't battle well with regular pokemon and a true pokemon trainer(and master) don't use legends

legendtamer1995
August 1st, 2007, 12:41 PM
Is that so? So, calling me a little kid or a noob, eh? I know how to use legends. But, I'd take it that you can beat them easily? If that's the case then why in god's name are you complaining? If you can beat them how are they unfair? Maybe the noobs are just the people (you) who complain over NOTHING! That seems more logical.:)

LethalTexture
August 1st, 2007, 12:44 PM
um cause little kids like to use them in battles and noobs can't battle well with regular pokemon and a true pokemon trainer(and master) don't use legends

Hmm... So Nintendo put them in the game to be used as PC ornaments then, did they?

Granted, I don't widely use Ubers and Legends, my favourite team to use online doesn't contain any, and in any case, the maximum I use in a team is two. But, if a battle doesn't allow them, according to the rules, then I can't use them. Non-serious battles involving a Legendary Slug-fest can be exciting AND fun. But, as I say, OU Pokémon can easily match (and in some cases, overpower) Ubers.

Simply put, in some situations, Ubers ARE slightly cheap, but in most cases, they are not. I know what you mean in the sense that serious trainers will breed for perfect IVs and raise them from scratch, and I do that. It's what makes the game all the more fun to play.

I don't want this to turn into a flame war, but you can't just call them cheap because younger, inexperienced players who don't understand game mechanics such as IVs and EVs use them. They don't understand the complexity of the games (and that's what puts other people off Pokémon games, because they see it as childish and don't understand the complexity), thus, they use Ubers, because they are naturally powerful.

Is that so? So, calling me a little kid or a noob, eh? I know how to use legends. But, I'd take it that you can beat them easily? If that's the case then why in god's name are you complaining? If you can beat them how are they unfair? Maybe the noobs are just the people (you) who complain over NOTHING! That seems more logical.:)

Great to see someone thinking in the same way as myself. If you can beat them easily, why say they are cheap? They can be beaten, no Pokémon is invincible (save the infamous Wonder Guard Spiritomb hack, which in a sense can be beaten, but I havent tested it yet, plus, that's off topic). In the wrong hands, Ubers are about as good as a Magikarp.

legendtamer1995
August 1st, 2007, 12:47 PM
You weren't reffering to me were you?:'( I ev train mine from lvl 10 and 5.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

The Real AAA
August 1st, 2007, 12:50 PM

um noobs are sucky players that's why they like to you use legends cause then they won't suck then and of course you can't take them down easily it takes a long time to knock them down cause of the unfair high stats a legends has and I'm not complaining maybe a noob is(YOU)

legendtamer1995
August 1st, 2007, 12:53 PM
Hmm, I actually understand the game and I realize that legends can be easily brought down! This, however, you fail to grasp. If I know that and you don't then it's pretty obvious who the noob is.

LethalTexture
August 1st, 2007, 12:55 PM
um noobs are sucky players that's why they like to you use legends cause then they won't suck then and of course you can't take them down easily it takes a long time to knock them down cause of the unfair high stats a legends has and I'm not complaining maybe a noob is(YOU)

Umm... No. Here's an example. Both of Mewtwo's defence stats are average, for example my EV trained Modest Mewtwo has a Sp. Def stat of 211, and my Timid Alakazam w/Choice Specs/Life Orb, with Max EV's in Sp. Atk and Speed could OHKO my Mewtwo with a Shadow Ball, as it's speed just pips Mewtwo's.

Hmm, I actually understand the game and I realize that legends can be easily brought down! This, however, you fail to grasp. If I know that and you don't then it's pretty obvious who the noob is.

Hey, guys, lets not have a Flame War, huh? Plus, we're getting a tad off topic here, doncha think?

legendtamer1995
August 1st, 2007, 12:58 PM
There's a good point! Also, saying legends are unfair is still complaining in my book!

The Real AAA
August 1st, 2007, 01:04 PM
There's a good point! Also, saying legends are unfair is still complaining in my book!

Why is it still complaining in your book mr.uber just get the point that legends with high stats are not fair.Also can you explain why nintendo them self banned them from there tournaments?

LethalTexture
August 1st, 2007, 01:06 PM
Why is it still complaining in your book mr.uber just get the point that legends with high stats are not fair.Also can you explain why nintendo them self banned them from there tournaments?

Because they are un-useable in the standard environment, because, yes, they do have unbalanced stats, but the point is, they're not unbeatable, as I proved above.

I don't want to get into an arguement with you, AAA, because I realise where you're coming from, and I have the maturity to respect other people's opinions. But if you can't respect mine, or legendtamer's opinions, then I have better things to do that watch you flame someone for not respecting what they believe, and I don't plan on recieving a warning from the moderators for getting involved.

Good day.

legendtamer1995
August 1st, 2007, 01:08 PM
DeanoDance is right, lets not have a flame war, sorry DeanoDance. I have a short temper and a strong oppinion, I guess I got a little ticked.

The Real AAA
August 1st, 2007, 01:16 PM
I don't want to get into an arguement with you, AAA, because I realise where you're coming from, and I have the maturity to respect other people's opinions. But if you can't respect mine, or legendtamer's opinions, then I have better things to do that watch you flame someone for not respecting what they believe, and I don't plan on recieving a warning from the moderators for getting involved.

Good day.

I don't flame cause fighting in the internet is like fighting in the special olympics even if you win or not your still retarted lol I'm just joking but I was just responding to there opinion

legendtamer1995
August 1st, 2007, 01:17 PM
That retarded part wasn't nice, later...

The Real AAA
August 1st, 2007, 01:27 PM
That retarded part wasn't nice, later...

like I said I was joking and I got that from a Website that I was on today but lets not get off topic ok, oh and I'm leaving this thread so yeah my poll answer was that legends are cheap

legendtamer1995
August 1st, 2007, 01:29 PM
Wow, hearing that made my day, later.

daveshan
August 2nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
i know i sound like an idiot saying this, but whats an uber? From what I've gathered, an uber is any pokemon whose base stats add up to +600. Pokemon whose base stats equal 600 are judged based on several factors.

For example: Mew can learn every TM move: Uber. Manaphy can use rest during a rain dance and be completely healed and be awake thanks to hydration: Uber. Celebi has a horrible type combo and shallow move pool: Not uber

As for the uber argument, they are totally fair. Everyone has the chance to raise them as long as they are able to be obtained legitimitely. Didn't want to go to a Nintendo event to get a deoxys? Oh well. I didn't do that, but I don't complain when my foes whip out a FR deoxys.

Black Ice
August 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
No.

Slaking has base stats that add up to 670, but it still isn't uber. Wobbuffet has, like...400 total and it's considered an uber.

As for the argument...I'm not sayin' anything.

Ichida
August 3rd, 2007, 07:39 PM
Ubers qualify as any normal Pokemon with 600+. Slaking doesn't qualify because it only moves every other turn, leaving it wiiiide open to be CC'd or Aura'd to death, and Wobbuffet qualifies because it's a living mirror, not to mention the fact that if two Wobs end up against each other, the battle will take another half hour to hour to finish depending on the PP stocks of both Wobs, and if they both have Leftovers, it'd never end. It's called an uber to prevent this awkward situation from happening.

Xerion
August 3rd, 2007, 09:15 PM
WHY YOU LITTLE!!!! I bet I could beat you any time! Just like you, I put work into my pokemon... SO STOP GIVING PEOPLE LIKE ME A BAD NAME!! I'M NOT LAZY! I SPENT MANY MONTHS TRAINING MY TEAM! SO I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME PUNK STAND THERE AND MAKE FUN OF IT!! NOT ALL UBER TRAINERS ARE BAD! NOT ALL UBERS ARE BAD! I bet you're just scared of ubers and there trainers cause you know you'll lose!:shocked: You don't like ubers, that's great, but I really do put alot of work into my pokemon... SO STOP SAYING NEGITIVE STUFF ABOUT IT!:t383:Anger issues much? Well, not to insult, but, I don't like Uber Trainers. I don't care if you raised them from eggs, Lv.1, Lv.5, hell, I don't care if it was Lv.0. The fact that you use Pokemon that have godly BASEstats is cheap.

-Xerion

legendtamer1995
August 4th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Ok, I had a short temper and a headache that night! Not my fault people get me ticked. Anyway, what's the point of saying they're unfair if ANY pokemon can beat an uber if it's trained properly?

Ichida
August 4th, 2007, 04:03 PM
It works both ways, so that argument isn't valid.

Vincent11998
August 29th, 2007, 05:27 PM
their pretty fair but with gameshark,it'll be a different story

FarmerNobir
September 1st, 2007, 03:48 AM
Ubers a some what rigged. A good system would be like in mystery dungeon, ubers take up additional spaces in your party. If we get rid of ubers now, people will take it too far and we'll have tournies that only allow caterpies and bidoofs.

Ichida
September 1st, 2007, 07:01 AM
A good system would be like in mystery dungeon, ubers take up additional spaces in your party.

Wow... that's actually not a bad idea, XDD.