PDA

View Full Version : Ouch.. I got a small cut...

beauty. proletariat
July 12th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Hey people...
I just got this small cut-like thing, around the area there the inside of the lips meets the Gum, its a small circular cut thing.
I dont know what it is.
My uncle says its a lack of Vitamin B.. But maybe someone at PC knows what it is XD
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3493/dsdsadasrk1.png

Oh, and when i put my tongue around that area, it stings hard.
Its happened for the past few days (like 3 or 4)

On top of that, my nose is sweling up alot and 'dripping' so i need a tissue.
tears also keep coming out of my eyes for no reason... Giving me the emo look = =...

Thanks.

Gunn
July 12th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Your uncle could be right. Do you happen to have cracks on the corners of your mouth as well?

beauty. proletariat
July 12th, 2007, 04:43 PM
i dunno... but my lips are dry...

Cherrim
July 12th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Sounds like a canker sore to me. o_o I get them sometimes. It'll go away in a few days if that's all it is.

Gunn
July 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
i dunno... but my lips are dry...

Dry lips and tearing eyes, eh? It sure does sound like the lack of vitamin B to me.

Shijuukara
July 12th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I get a cut on the inside of my lip from biting it on accident. xD

But it could be a lack of vitamin B. Can't it also be from having something acidic a lot?

Gunn
July 12th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Can't it also be from having something acidic a lot?

I don't believe so. If something acidic is in your mouth, such as lemon juice, your salivary glands react by releasing saliva to mix with the juice, making it less acidic, producing a solution so it can be safe to enter you body.

beauty. proletariat
July 12th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Ohk, thanks everyone!! *goes eating bananas...*

Morkula
July 12th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Like Erica said, it sounds like a canker sore. I get them sometimes too, and they really hurt - especially when you touch them. Is it kinda white-ish?

Allstories
July 12th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Maybe it's Lupus. We should consult Dr. House.

beauty. proletariat
July 12th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Like Erica said, it sounds like a canker sore. I get them sometimes too, and they really hurt - especially when you touch them. Is it kinda white-ish?

YES!!! in the very middle bit of it, it is red around it...

Jack O'Neill
July 12th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Maybe it's Lupus. We should consult Dr. House.
Maybe it isn't lupus, and maybe we shouldn't waste Dr. House's time with something as petty as a canker sore.

beauty. proletariat
July 12th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Lol... Anyway... I found Eating The yucky tasting yoghurt with a bit of Sugar (coz i absolutely need it for this *yukkk*) reduces the pain!! =)

Rebellious Treecko
July 12th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I think I understand what you're going through.
I've had similar sores like that where there's a white bump around my lip, and it hurts when my tounge touches it.
I'm sure it'll go away eventually.

Gunn
July 12th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Well if you keep poking it with your tongue it will make it worse.

I've never had a canker sore. Aren't those type-two Herpes? Or are those cold sores?

Cherrim
July 12th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Gotta be a canker sore then. Just try to ignore it for a bit and it should go away. Google it, too. You might find remedies to make it disappear faster, or at least still the pain a little bit.

Gunn Yoshiaki - It's...not herpes. o_O; It's just a little sore. As far as I know, no one knows how they're caused.

ALSO, ALLSTORIES HAS A VERY VALID POINT LOL. :[

Gunn
July 12th, 2007, 08:32 PM
It is. Well, sorta. I looked it up and cold sores are herpes type-I. Sex Ed. is your friend.

Cherrim
July 12th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Though it's not the best resource, wiki says that's an urban myth. :\

And from other sites, it looks like cold sores are a form of herpes, but canker sores are not.

Cross
July 12th, 2007, 09:13 PM
You're body's forcing you to be Emo! Call sumone!!1/!/!?!/

Seriously though, you lack vitamin B. It sounds like a canker sore. Take vitamins and avoid orange juice.

Hiidoran
July 12th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Well yes, Herpes are defined as a disease/illness correct? One that shows a physical blemish. Then wouldn't it make sense that Cold sore's be considered herpes? I mean, they are both spread by contact.
Also, Yes it is a Canker Sore; if that hasen't already been established... Just don't poke it with your tongue and try to ignore it, it'll go away eventually.

Craig²
July 12th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Waz up with the whole emo look? Do you even know what emo looks like? You want to look emo, then put on guyliner.

@_@ Um, what?!? What does that have anything to do with anything? We all know what emo looks like, anyway; you just have to look at me and there 'ya go. XDD EMO. *shows off cuts* Lol XD

I'd agree w/ your uncle. Maybe you should have it checked out, though?

beauty. proletariat
July 13th, 2007, 12:04 AM
I'm sure i dont have a Vitamin B Defficency.. Dont worry.. I love my Veges and Fish ;)

Jaimes
July 13th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Its a plain old ulcer (or canker- whatever you call americans call it).

Its unlikely you have a lack of B12- unless youre a vegetarian. Its more likely you got it from accidently biting yourself, brushing too hard, scratches from braces or 'just going through growing up'.

Simply use an ulcer gel to remove it. If you dont want to buy them (theyre not very cost effective, since you wont use much or got many ulcers) simply make sure you keep the area free from infections and clean to speed up healing. Eg Rinse with mouthwash, salt water, baking soda etc.

Oh and dont put your tongue on it. You can pull and damage the healing tissue away from it as well as transfer bacteria into the wound.
Your other symptoms sound like a plain old reaction (like flu/colds/hayfever) and is probably unrelated to the ulcer, but it means your immune system will be working harder than usual, so make sure you wash your mouth.

EDIT: Oh and DO drink/eat oranges and lemon juice. Theyre good for you and the acidity level is harmless (but not to bacteria).

beauty. proletariat
July 13th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Oh but mommy it kills!!

XD
No, i'm serious, my mom told me just then i had to drink 5 cups of orange juice... IT KILLED!! I thought it was a prank... until now...

RJx2541
July 13th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Just like everyone else said. I think its just a canker. I get one all the time. (I evn have one right now xD)I would suggest going to a pharmacy and buying some Kank A.

Shinji_
July 13th, 2007, 07:46 AM
It's a cankcer T_T, Uggh I hate those they hurt like HELL! They go away in 3-5 days I've gotten some real big ones -_-

Myoko-chan
July 18th, 2007, 12:18 AM
If it doesn't get healed soon, I can ask my mom about this (who is a doctor's assistant). And...I thought we're not allowed to talk about COUGHCOUGHsexualCOUGH-relatedCOUGH stuff here COUGHCOUGH

Jaimes
July 18th, 2007, 01:18 AM
And...I thought we're not allowed to talk about COUGHCOUGHsexualCOUGH-relatedCOUGH stuff here COUGHCOUGH

:laugh:

Its an ulcer.. just a little scratch in the mouth XD

Tina
July 18th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Herpes can be transferred sexually, but it's also a form of cold sore, so they're not talking about sexual stuff. I don't think any of them even mention the word, haha.

Myoko-chan
July 18th, 2007, 09:32 AM
It is. Well, sorta. I looked it up and cold sores are herpes type-I. Sex Ed. is your friend.

MORE COUGHING COUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGH