PDA

View Full Version : Ash's Evolutions

PoisonOwnzYou
July 12th, 2007, 07:35 PM
OK If anyone agrees with me please tell me. WHY DOESNT ANY OF ASH's POKEMON EVOLVE. I mean pokemon like Charmander and Treeko evolved fully, but those are the only good ones. I mean if ash's bublasaur evolved he could swamp every trainer he comes by. And what if his Johto pokemon evolved. I mean Typhlosion, Feraliugator and Meganium would have been awsome! Please tell me if you agree

Shinji_
July 13th, 2007, 05:35 AM
GOD BLESS YOU. My friend and I always say that <_< Ash always keeps tinsy winsy pokemon I hate that -_- If ash actually spent time to envolved his pokemon he would be smashing Paul (Sorry Paul) But yea he really needs to do this

Chibbichan
July 13th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Obvoiulsy because he never trains to evolve his pokemon (dont know why...) and he doesnt know when they evolve,
in pokemon games if we dont know when a pokemon evolves we just keep training it but ash doesnt

Tr@ce
July 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM
OK If anyone agrees with me please tell me. WHY DOESNT ANY OF ASH's POKEMON EVOLVE. I mean pokemon like Charmander and Treeko evolved fully, but those are the only good ones. I mean if ash's bublasaur evolved he could swamp every trainer he comes by. And what if his Johto pokemon evolved. I mean Typhlosion, Feraliugator and Meganium would have been awsome! Please tell me if you agree

Ash's Bulbasaur could have evolved but didn't want to. It was in one of the episodes I have on tape, but I'm too lazy to look. ;P

Jorah
July 13th, 2007, 01:09 PM
That was back in Kanto/Johto. They're starting to let his Pokemon evolve now, well more at least. I think they only evolved Charmander evolve because everyone thought Charizard was cool but they kept the others the same maybe for fear of people not liking the evolutions? I mean, they didn't let him catch a Pidgey, they only let him catch a Pidgeotto and when it evolved he released it. His Butterfree evolved because, well, Caterpie and Metapod are just TOO weak. And he let Primeape go so...and he caught Muk fully evolved too. Johto was the worst with only his Chikorita evolving...once. He caught Noctowl fully evolved.

Advanced was kind of better, they let his Tailow and Grovyle evolve. Starly's already evolve and I suppose Aipom and Turtwig will evolve sometime too.

Donphan and Kingler are fully evolved too.

Innagadadavida
July 14th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I'd love to see Aipom evolve. I knew the whole reason he caught an Aipom in the Battle Frontier is so it could evolve in the D/P series.

Oh yeah, and Torterea would be awesome.

I hope Brock's Crogunk evolves too.

Hydross
July 14th, 2007, 04:05 AM
aipoms evolution is sooooo ugly so i dont hope she evolves.

Shinji_
July 14th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Nu uh, Aipoms is pretty cool I actually think that if it evolved it would be wicked. :D

precita
July 14th, 2007, 07:00 AM
What the heck are you guys complaining about?

Every single one of Ash's captures from Hoenn onward evolved except for Corphish. How could anyone complain about the lack of evolutions when Ash has been evolving EVERYTHING he has since Hoenn began?

PoisonOwnzYou
July 14th, 2007, 07:43 AM
well there are only a few

i mean im talking about bulbasaur and squrtle and his johto pokemon

Hydross
July 14th, 2007, 09:11 AM
What the heck are you guys complaining about?

Every single one of Ash's captures from Hoenn onward evolved except for Corphish. How could anyone complain about the lack of evolutions when Ash has been evolving EVERYTHING he has since Hoenn began?

not Torkoal! haha :D

----------

diamondpearl876
July 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM

Look at the bold part. That's exactly why the writers aren't having his pokemon evolve. The show would be boring, and like this:

1.) Ash and co travel to some city
2.) Ash battles leader and wins

And goes on until he gets to the league, but by then all watchers will have given up watching the show.

PoisonOwnzYou
July 14th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Look at the bold part. That's exactly why the writers aren't having his pokemon evolve. The show would be boring, and like this:

And goes on until he gets to the league, but by then all watchers will have given up watching the show.

I watch the show because of the battle action. just because he has venusaur doesnt mean he will win every time

Apathetic_Yen
July 16th, 2007, 01:03 PM

Does anybody realize that even with fully evovled pokemon, everyone else could have those too to make things more interesting. I think I'd have more fun watching the show if Ash's Blastiose was fighting a Gardevoir. Gary's fights were cool with his fully evolved pokemon. Heck I always got excited just to see a fully evolved pokemon fight for once.

Hydross
July 16th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Does anybody realize that even with fully evovled pokemon, everyone else could have those too to make things more interesting. I think I'd have more fun watching the show if Ash's Blastiose was fighting a Gardevoir. Gary's fights were cool with his fully evolved pokemon. Heck I always got excited just to see a fully evolved pokemon fight for once.

could'nt agree more.

o.O

diamondpearl876
July 16th, 2007, 01:55 PM

Maybe.

I could see it from your point of view, and it WOULD be interesting. The writers just don't see it, I guess?

That_Stick_Dude
July 16th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Hehe, I believe that most of his Pokemon want to prove that they are stronger in a pre-evolved form. Not sure though.

Rebellious Treecko
July 16th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I'm a bit confused why Bayleef evolved but the other Johto starters didn't.
I don't think that Bulbasaur needed to evolve, because it already knew powerful moves like Solarbeam. Plus, I'd say It's about as strong as a Venasaur anyway. :P

Mr_Cash
July 18th, 2007, 07:46 AM
bulbasaur ls alrdy far surpassed level venussaur , lf u ask me
bulbasaur ls ash's strongest pokemon
then charizard

Charaxes
July 18th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I think they skipped Corphish's evo, because the writers always give the evolved form the villain status. But that's my theory.

Akio123
July 18th, 2007, 10:53 AM
That is the reason. For some reasont he writes seem to be trying NOT to giver hima dark type. Even if tis liek a Poochyena, but I digress. I think that his strongest evo is Charizard. Also, you all realize that techncially Pikachu is an eovlved pokemon. I mean technically it had to ahve beena Pichu at some point if you think about it.

Ariolander
July 19th, 2007, 01:09 AM
I think the reason they dun evolve em is 'cause as soon as they reach their final form Ash is obligated to release em for pokeburgers.

I mean almost every time he gets something to it's final form 50% of the time he releases/gives it away and then another 25% of the time he never uses it again.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3259/pokeburgervr7.jpg

PoisonOwnzYou
July 20th, 2007, 06:20 PM
^^I agree he should have kept charizard and given away pikachu. Also pikachu doesnt seem to be that good in Diamond and Pearl but thats just me

Xairmo
July 20th, 2007, 06:38 PM
^^I agree he should have kept charizard and given away pikachu. Also pikachu doesnt seem to be that good in Diamond and Pearl but thats just me

i kno, pikachu should be like lvl 90 by now yet he still sucks, more proof that ash is a bad trainer

Team Poison
July 25th, 2007, 06:51 AM
The reason why Squirtle won't evolve is because he won't be the Leader of the Squirtle Squad anymore!

burgundynite
July 27th, 2007, 05:36 PM
ash wont ever be a pokemon master at this rate

Xairmo
July 27th, 2007, 05:56 PM
does anyone else think the shows would be better if the main character was paul or gary?

PoisonOwnzYou
July 27th, 2007, 05:59 PM
^^Agreed^^
Paul and Gary could kick Ash any day if they used there strongest pokemon.

Xairmo
July 27th, 2007, 06:04 PM
i kno, ashes pokemon are all weak unevolved ones while all of garys pokes end up evolving, and i bet all of pauls will end up evolving before ash's

Team Poison
July 28th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I know this is going of topic but what does the strategy guides for the video games say "Evolution might be bad" for example I evolved my Bulbasaur into Ivysaur and it got weaker. So what I am getting at is Ash might be using his noggin by not evolving his Pokémon because they may get weaker and the pre-evolved forms may be stronger than there evolved forms!

Jolt
July 28th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Simple theory, but perhaps Ash just likes his Pokemon the way they are? No offense to any Blastoise lovers, but I personally think Squirtle is much cuter looking than a Blastoise. And Ambipom just looks disturbing. Wasn't there an episode that went on about how evolutions weren't everything?

On an off-topic note, my friends and I were discussing how it'd be funny if Team Rocket one day chucks a Thunder Stone at Pikachu and evolves it :P

Team Poison
July 28th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Simple theory, but perhaps Ash just likes his Pokemon the way they are? No offense to any Blastoise lovers, but I personally think Squirtle is much cuter looking than a Blastoise. And Ambipom just looks disturbing. Wasn't there an episode that went on about how evolutions weren't everything?

On an off-topic note, my friends and I were discussing how it'd be funny if Team Rocket one day chucks a Thunder Stone at Pikachu and evolves it :P

I'm sorry to offend you but everyone knows that Pikachu refuses to Evolve!

Random
July 29th, 2007, 05:01 PM
does anyone else think the shows would be better if the main character was paul or gary?

Well even so, instead of the show following ash around, how about from each of the new regions that ash has traveled every so few seasons, have new characters to follow around instead of ash, like in the Johto series, why dont we follow Kenta(Jimmy) around from the Raikou chronicles episode. Then in Heonn, we follow Brendan, and even though Sinnoh they should of had the guy character from D/P to the appear, NOT ASH! That might make the series more interesting, cause when people say "Pokemon" out in public, the first thing that comes to people's minds is "Ash and pikachu."

I know this is going of topic but what does the strategy guides for the video games say "Evolution might be bad" for example I evolved my Bulbasaur into Ivysaur and it got weaker. So what I am getting at is Ash might be using his noggin by not evolving his Pokémon because they may get weaker and the pre-evolved forms may be stronger than there evolved forms!

Ok that doesnt make any sense, the only good thing about not evolving pokemon(from the games) were that they learn moves a lot earlier then their evolve forms, and maybe some additional moves.

EDIT: And you see thats why the anime doesnt follow the gameplay as well. Evolutions would definitely make ash look like a lot better trainer then he is now.

Jim
July 29th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Pikachu has a power decrease at the start of every season anyway. In one Ep he's taking down a Regice and in the next he's having trouble with a Roselia in Sinnoh.

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure if i agree, some of those evolutions wouldn't match Ash's personality, such as Meganium, Feraligator, and Typhosion, and Venasaur isn't a mobility pokemon, and neither are Blastoise or Meganium. Ash likes pokemon that can travel the field and not just stay in one spot for the whole time

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 26th, 2007, 12:22 PM
THANK U!!!!!!!!!! i wish all of ash's pokemon would just EVOLVE already. especially pikachu.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 29th, 2007, 01:38 PM
I hope his Aipom evolves and everyone knows he is never going to evolve Pikachu so just take that out of your heads. Also his Turtwig I hope it evolves into its final stage. He should have evolved Totodile and Cyndaquil to there 2nd stages at least

:t354:TG

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 21st, 2007, 11:44 AM

HAH!!!! now THAT is sumthing i WONT 4get...

Xairmo
September 21st, 2007, 12:05 PM

Duuuude! that would be so friggin hilarious, ash would probably start to cry like a baby XD

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 21st, 2007, 12:18 PM
Duuuude! that would be so friggin hilarious, ash would probably start to cry like a baby XD

what u just said is so true, its scary.

ryuu yomi
September 21st, 2007, 01:08 PM
episode51 ''Fushigidane's Mysterious Flower Garden"/
"Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden"

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 21st, 2007, 01:27 PM
o yeh... i remember that episode...

it twas' my 2nd least favorite episode.

ball2000
September 21st, 2007, 01:39 PM
and pikachu[now a raichu] shocked team rocket with thunder and blew them to space that would be funny and ash would most certainly cry he needs to evolve everyone on his team anyway

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 21st, 2007, 02:05 PM
but it WOULD make him cooler.

J-Rad
September 21st, 2007, 02:06 PM

that statement made me lol like crazy. Funny stuff.

I wish ash would eveolve, his cyniquil ,but it wuz funny w/ his battle w/ drake when it wuz squirtle vs dragonite.

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 21st, 2007, 02:13 PM
squirtle vs. dragonite?

i dont remember that.

Xairmo
September 21st, 2007, 03:24 PM
does anyone else think that ash is having a love affair with pikachu and he doesnt want it to evolve cuz ash only likes it for its body?

MyNameMeansForest
September 21st, 2007, 03:27 PM
Ash should evolve his pokemon! It's like saying bulbasaur or squirtle or whatever stays lvl fifteen forever!
And yes, his pikachu's power decreases every reigon. It beat a dragonite before and it's having trouble beating second rate pokemon!

ball2000
September 21st, 2007, 06:42 PM
its like in the BF he took out a regice and it was like lvl 90 or sumtin and in sinno it loses to a weak lookin glameow and its lvl is bak to 10 again!

MyNameMeansForest
September 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Exactly! Plus, if his pikachu cries, he can resurrect dead people! You have to be lvl 500 to do that!!!

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 22nd, 2007, 05:23 AM
does anyone else think that ash is having a love affair with pikachu and he doesnt want it to evolve cuz ash only likes it for its body?

u scare me.

um... but u guys do all have points...