PDA

View Full Version : Hitmonchan?!

Kairyu
May 23rd, 2004, 04:03 AM
Ah, my old art thread sank in the depths of the ocean that is PC. Oh well=P. That means I can start a new thread on my artwork, w00t! I think I'll avoid making huge threads again, lol.

This time my featured drawing is Hitmonchan, the fighting Pokemon. I apologize for the "funky look" I was trying a new form of shading, I dunno I think my drawing actually looks better this way, hehe. Now I've found three ways to color and shade my drawings, lol. Ah well, good for variety I suppose. Anyway, Opinions?
http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Kairyu/Hitmonchan_finished3.jpg

If you want to see the sketch and card version it, go to www.photobucket.com and type in my username there which is: Kairyu (go figure)

Oh, I haven't forgot the "requests" I just felt like drawing something else, lol.

DarkMage31
May 23rd, 2004, 04:37 AM
Hey that looks neat! I like the textured fealing and the shadow Hitmonchan casts on the pokeball. The only thing I would change is the tooth sparkle. It doesn't look very fierce and IMO detracts from the picture.

PichuSecretBase
May 23rd, 2004, 06:37 AM
*ahhh* LOL Its really cool! Is he going to kill me? XD

MeganiumFan
May 23rd, 2004, 07:48 AM
Nawaww hes goonna kill me 1 st psb!Me wants get kill........

Kairyu
May 23rd, 2004, 01:10 PM
OOoo replies, lol. Thanks!

Ah, the tooth sparkle.. I knew it looked "off" from the start >__<. But all in all, the shading style did make it fit the background.

Oh PSB, he'll only kill you if you say his boxing shorts are too small =P.

MeganiumFan
May 23rd, 2004, 02:11 PM
Zee pleazure iz allz minez............I just went to mcdonalds and got a mcflury!LUCKY ME!!!

Iveechan
May 23rd, 2004, 02:37 PM
0o0

Ok, you are one of my favorite people now. I LOVE THIS. I LOVE HITMONCHAN. The teeth look odd to me, just ebcause i like little sharp teeth, BUT THAT BACKGROUND IS REALLY NEAT. AND YOU DREW HITMONCHAN. OMG.

*dies*

Kairyu
May 23rd, 2004, 04:49 PM
Zee pleazure iz allz minez............I just went to mcdonalds and got a mcflury!LUCKY ME!!!Indeed, bleh I just got back from the mall *trying to watch shrek 2 but tickets sold out again* D'oh!!

0o0

Ok, you are one of my favorite people now. I LOVE THIS. I LOVE HITMONCHAN. The teeth look odd to me, just ebcause i like little sharp teeth, BUT THAT BACKGROUND IS REALLY NEAT. AND YOU DREW HITMONCHAN. OMG.

*dies*lol, thank you! I know the teeth looks odd, very odd. I just never seen a Hitmonchan make a grin before so I gave it a shot =P. I imagined he would have a full row of perfect white teeth *assuming Hitmonchan has never gotten hit on the face* lol.

Pokedragonfire
May 23rd, 2004, 05:59 PM
I always saw him with his mouth open with no teeth. But it is pretty good, besides the teeth. ^_^

MeganiumFan
May 23rd, 2004, 07:02 PM
MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....mcdonalds im lovit it.....BABABABABA...im lovin it!^__^

Thomas
May 23rd, 2004, 07:09 PM
MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....mcdonalds im lovit it.....BABABABABA...im lovin it!^__^

hey maganiumfan, dont spam!

Iveechan
May 23rd, 2004, 09:51 PM
Well, we can't always go by official sources when it comes to teeth. Pikachu has no visible teeth though it is a rodent, a family of critters known for gnawing. So Hitmonchan having teeth is just artistic license and perfectly fine.

WOW GREEN EYES, I LOVE HITMONCHANS WITH GREEN EYES!

sableye
May 23rd, 2004, 11:12 PM
Iveechan look at the last image in you Hitmonchan sig hes grining ant he

Kairyu
May 23rd, 2004, 11:46 PM
Well, we can't always go by official sources when it comes to teeth. Pikachu has no visible teeth though it is a rodent, a family of critters known for gnawing. So Hitmonchan having teeth is just artistic license and perfectly fine.

WOW GREEN EYES, I LOVE HITMONCHANS WITH GREEN EYES!Green eyes did look best on Hitmonchan so I said, "why not?" XD
Iveechan look at the last image in you Hitmonchan sig hes grining ant heWe were talking about how there wern't many official pokemon drawings with teeth in them. I believe the one you're pointing out was actually drawn by Iveechan, believe it or not XD.

Forest Grovyle
May 24th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Great work, Kairyu! I love the perspective you've used, and the background is cool! It looks like he's ready for action! :)

Kairyu
May 24th, 2004, 03:10 AM
W00t, Thank you FG! Its a simple perspective yet it shows much action at the same time, its one of my favorite perspective too :P.

Currently I'm finishing up a sketch of a Combusken, in a similar style. Hopefully it'll turn out 10 times better than my Hitmonchan drawing *I hope...*

Pokedragonfire
May 24th, 2004, 03:30 PM
It is a ninja combusken right? To evolve from ninja torchic? Am I right? Next will be ninja blaziken right? Oh goodie, I'm so excited ^_^