PDA

View Full Version : Ash's Water Pokemon?

Chibaymega12
July 14th, 2007, 06:22 AM
After all the commotion about Ash's fire type, and seeing Dawn catch buizel, i'm at a loss, who will be Ash's Water Pokemon for Sinnoh?

Really the only choice is Finneon or Lumineon, and i don't see him with either of those, and he's already had several chances to catch a bidoof(which i'm most sure that he doesn't want it seeing as he's already got two normals on his team)

Live in Color
July 14th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Hmm... I'd say that Ash gets either a Shellos/Gastrodon eventually as his water type, or he could get an ice type since they're pretty much the same... He could get a Snover or Weavile. It'd be awesome to see Ash with a Frosslass though :P

Chibaymega12
July 14th, 2007, 07:41 AM
I used to think that ice and water were generaly the same thing too, but lately i've been thinking differently

I forgot about gastrodon, it'd be like a water and ground version of the Lapras that he used to have

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
July 14th, 2007, 08:16 AM
I'm hoping that the writers will break the mold of having to have fire/water/grass all on his team.

diamondpearl876
July 14th, 2007, 01:09 PM
He doesn't need a water pokemon on his team you know.. >> Though, if he does get one, I'd imagine it'd be shellos.

By the way, this should be in TV shows and movies part of the forums.

Forest Grovyle
July 14th, 2007, 01:38 PM
As diamondpearl said, this topic doesn't belong here. There are specific forums for all areas of the Pokémon fandom, including the TV show. So please post all topics dealing with that there.

*moves*

--FG

Hydross
July 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Totodile

Yup, time to get it from oak and let it evolve!

Shinji_
July 14th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Yea Ar I totatlly agree what if he gets his Totodile back! And like near the end of sinnoh I could imagine it would be a feraligator but then again ash is a loser and wants to start fresh -_- so i don't think so.

NocturnLeader
July 14th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Maybe a Mantyke or Mantine that'd be sweet. A water/flying type for him.

or a blue Shellos. Water/Ground, slow moving power house.

Rebellious Treecko
July 14th, 2007, 03:02 PM
A Shellos would be pretty unique for him...
He could also catch a Magikarp...that would evolve into a Gyarados and be his water-type powerhouse.

Deathtolight
July 14th, 2007, 03:51 PM
a gyarados would be awesome, but knowing him, he'll leave it somewhere like he's done with every other good pokemon he's ever had

Akio123
July 14th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I think Mantyke. The reason if you nocitce, pokemon like Buizel that were introduced in movies eventually get caught my a main charecter(well if they are popular). Most people liek Mantyke, so I'm gonna go with that. I mean he could bring Totodile back, but I doubt it. I mean how would they set up the episode? I mean he randomly can't just bring it back.

I don't think Gyarados he would catch for the sole reason that Misty has one and main charecters never have the same pokemon.

Bidoof would work, but the writers had a perfect chance in "Face with Steelix of determination." For him to catch the one that they directely befriended, so I doubt it.

Chibbichan
July 15th, 2007, 04:33 AM
a gyarados would be awesome, but knowing him, he'll leave it somewhere like he's done with every other good pokemon he's ever had

In the episodes gyarados is like an evil pokemon,
and ash has good and nice pokemon, like tailow, squirtle
i dont think he'll have an evil pokemon

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emesprani/emesprani130.gif

Deathtolight
July 15th, 2007, 06:58 AM
well if it were up to me, i would just say bring squirtle back(hes my favorite)

NocturnLeader
July 15th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Bidoof is so wierd looking! Every time I see him in the wild I say "Bidoof Hitler". I have to much hate for the little thing, IDKY I just do.

But as I said Mantyke. And maybe Brock catchs a Remoraid (Or misty comes Back for 2 Epis) so it evolves Mantke into Mantine!

As you see from the Eng. Pokemon Opening 3 water pokemon jump from the water. A Mantyke(maybe Ashs) and Buziel (dawns) and a Manaphy(?).

Chibaymega12
July 15th, 2007, 07:43 PM
there's no way in hell that he's gonna catch a friggin bidoof. I'm gonna rule out totodile(and squirtle), as much as i'd love to him back, thats not the way the creators play, i'd be totally happy with it if he caught another water pokemon and more pokemon to expand his choices in the pokemon league tournament

Rebellious Treecko
July 15th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I think Mantyke. The reason if you nocitce, pokemon like Buizel that were introduced in movies eventually get caught my a main charecter(well if they are popular). Most people liek Mantyke, so I'm gonna go with that. I mean he could bring Totodile back, but I doubt it. I mean how would they set up the episode? I mean he randomly can't just bring it back.

I don't think Gyarados he would catch for the sole reason that Misty has one and main charecters never have the same pokemon.

Bidoof would work, but the writers had a perfect chance in "Face with Steelix of determination." For him to catch the one that they directely befriended, so I doubt it.

Actually, May had a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur during the Advanced Generation, Ash had those pokemon as well.

I don't think a Bidoof would work. It's too "plain" for a main character's pokemon. The main characters don't really catch the "normal-type rodent" pokemon.

Apathetic_Yen
July 15th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Ash with a Gyarados? Come on people we're talking Ash here not Gary! He'll definately stick to a Magikarp, saying that,"oh, those people's magikarp beat my pikachu, it must be strong!"

Chibaymega12
July 16th, 2007, 04:50 AM
yeah, i agree with brock lee, if ash wanted a magikarp, it would definately not evolve, it would stay the same wimpy pokemon with 2 attacks

Akio123
July 18th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Actually, May had a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur during the Advanced Generation, Ash had those pokemon as well.

I don't think a Bidoof would work. It's too "plain" for a main character's pokemon. The main characters don't really catch the "normal-type rodent" pokemon.

Actually the had crossed my mind as well. Also if you think about it, Gary is technically a main charecter and he has an eevee before it evovled to Umbreon. In retrospect, it was at different times though. I mean Ash still HAS them, but not in his main line up and that's more what I was refering too. Now you could use May and Jessie both ahving Wurmple as an example, but its not like they are always seen together like Asha nd Dawn would be. I mean think about two little Buizel walking around at the same time right behind Ash and Dawn.

As for Bidoof, I compaltely agree, but people only think Bidoof, because it evolved into Bebarel(or however the heck you spell it). I say mantyke, because it was one of those over endorsed first revealed pokemon.

So the options left are Shellos and Manytke. He ussually has the "land dweller" that's a bi-ped. However, that's not the case here since neither of those can be considered bipeds in anyway(Well then again Corphish really wasn't a biped). So I dunno, but its one of thsoe two.

Chibaymega12
July 18th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Corpfish was a biped, i thought that buizel would of been the perfect poke for him... Guess i was wrong

Akio123
July 18th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Corpfish was a biped, i thought that buizel would of been the perfect poke for him... Guess i was wrong
If you look Corphish has four legs not two. Also, Buizel was the tough guys. Thats a staple in an Ash team. *points to Sceptile*

Rad_Riardos
July 18th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Yeah. It would of been better for Ash to catch Buizel, but Dawn catches it. I don't know why since she already has a water type. I don't think Finneon or Lumineon would do much, since he'd have to be near water. Same for Mantyke. Couldn't be Manaphy or Phione...

OH! I think it will be Palkia! *shot*

j/k. The only logical choice would be Shellos or his water type won't be a Sinnoh Pokemon.

Chibaymega12
July 18th, 2007, 08:11 AM
it's KILLING ME, if Ash has a non sinnoh water AND fire pokemon, i'm gonna send a VERY strongly worded email to the Poke company

Akio123
July 18th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Yeah. It would of been better for Ash to catch Buizel, but Dawn catches it. I don't know why since she already has a water type. I don't think Finneon or Lumineon would do much, since he'd have to be near water. Same for Mantyke. Couldn't be Manaphy or Phione...

OH! I think it will be Palkia! *shot*

j/k. The only logical choice would be Shellos or his water type won't be a Sinnoh Pokemon.
Well it could be a Mantyke that bounces XD

Yeah Shellos is the only thing thatn makes sensein reality. Here is the thing with Dawn catching another water type. As a coordiantor, she doesn't need as much of a balanced team as much as she needs a cute pokemon and something strong. I mean sure she needs a balanced team, but its fine if she has more of oen type then another.

Look at Solidad or May. I mean Solidad ran two water types and won a Grand Festival and May is a top tier coordinator and always runs atleast two Normal types.

41victory
July 18th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I think Ash should get east shellos. I can just picture him giveing him attack orders. But if Ash gets east shellos Dawn might get west... (always a negative side)

Chibaymega12
July 18th, 2007, 10:42 AM
oh, i get it, about Dawn having two water types, but i'm not sure she is gonna be able to handle a pokemon like Buizel the way serebii describes it, i just think, considering it's intense power, it would be better suited for ash

NocturnLeader
July 18th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Nah... Its her Powerhouse pokemon. Every trainer needs one. Plus its cute and tough, a Coordinators dream pokemon.

Ash should have a Mantyke.

Akio123
July 18th, 2007, 10:47 AM
oh, i get it, about Dawn having two water types, but i'm not sure she is gonna be able to handle a pokemon like Buizel the way serebii describes it, i just think, considering it's intense power, it would be better suited for ash
She's handling him now. I'm mean he's nice now unlike before. Him and Croagunk still ahte each other's guts(okay Piplup and him are probably oing to barwl), but other than those two, Buizel is fine with everyone.

NocturnLeader
July 18th, 2007, 11:02 AM
the only conculsion is that I think Ash may trade Aipom with Dawn for her Buizel. Until the very last D/P episode.

Akio123
July 18th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I don't see Ash trading pokemon with anyone. I mean Aipom is his second most trusted pokemon in Sinnoh after Pikachu. Plus it's REALY strongand fast. I mean sure it is the perfect appeal and battling pokemon, but seriously Ahs wouldn't trade her.

NocturnLeader
July 18th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Just a wicked thought, but ya I know. Its just what Zoey said in one Episode that Dawn should have Aipom for Contests.

Akio123
July 18th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Personally I think Ash should be botha coordinator and a trainer. However, that's aside the point. I guess East Shellos for Ash.

Chibaymega12
July 18th, 2007, 01:23 PM
@Nocturn leader: i gave that a thought, but i just can't see them doing that seeing as they're always around each other, i don't think ash or dawn could handle seeing their pokemon with the other trainer

Shining Squirtle
July 19th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Maybe like.....Hmm.......
Maybe his squirtle or Totodile will come back? xD

Chibaymega12
July 19th, 2007, 10:15 AM
i would be pissed if it was so...xD

Akio123
July 20th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Ash can't have Shellos now because

Zoey/Nozomi caught a West Shellos as shown in the next episode that she uses against Dawn/Hikari.

Thus his choices are limited to Mantyke and Beabarel.

Chibaymega12
July 20th, 2007, 12:51 PM
yeah, i was about to say that, but ya beat me

Akio123
July 20th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Ugh, I'm sorry why not give Zoey the Mantyke? I mean it suits her a heck of alot more>.<

Chibaymega12
July 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM
yeah, i aggree, maybe he'll still get the east one

Akio123
July 20th, 2007, 01:27 PM
That's true and them each having a Shellos opens up Shipping possibilities between Zoey and Ash.

Rad_Riardos
July 21st, 2007, 06:31 PM
I was about to say that. Looks like I was beat to the punch.

Plus, is it possible to download the japanese pokemon episodes?

PikaPi123
July 22nd, 2007, 03:47 AM
Man, I hope Ash catches a strong water Pokemon...

Akio123
July 22nd, 2007, 06:38 AM
All that's left for Satoshin is Mantyke or East Shellos.

Lil-Dill
July 22nd, 2007, 10:13 AM
Probably Ash is going to bring back his Kingler. I hope so.

Chibaymega12
July 23rd, 2007, 09:35 AM
once again, i would absolutely love to see Kingler back, seeing that it has almost as much potential as Pikachu(it's first battle was amazing). But for me to happy, ash would have to catch at least one d/p pokemon to widen his choices in the tornament battle.

Heracross
July 23rd, 2007, 09:58 AM
Yeah me too. I would really like to see Ash's Kingler come to Sinnoh. If not, he should get a East Shellos, because then how in the movies will he swim with? Maybe borrowing Buizel, but thats not Ash! he used Squirtle in the first movie. Totodile in the movie with Latias and Latios. Corphish in the 9th movie. He has to use a Water=Pokemon in the next upcoming movies. Doesn't he?

Chibaymega12
July 23rd, 2007, 10:12 AM
Heracross, your forgetting that the Movies have zero to do with the the actual show except maybe they forshadow which pokemon they MAY get

RYOUKI
July 24th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Hmm...Maybe Ash will get a Feebas?
Well The other choices were: Gyarados Magikarp Mantyke Bidoof East/West Shellos Finneon All crossed out...The Only remaining water Pokemon in Sinnoh are Marill/Azumarill and Feebas there maybe other water-types that can be found in Sinnoh...but I'm too lazeh to list it...

AztecSunshine
July 24th, 2007, 07:34 AM
maybe he sould get a phoine? lol jk but i am with the mantyke idea ash should get one

Akio123
July 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Why exactly are Mantyke and East SHellos out exactly?

Chibaymega12
July 24th, 2007, 10:30 AM
i don't think they're out, but i cant see ash with a manitne if it evolves

Akio123
July 24th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Well main charcters ussually get the most over promoted pokemon that were first revealed.

electricgrass
July 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I think that instead of Ash catching a water type, that he for once, goes without one- and in the inediable water field battle in the sinnoh league, he brings back one(or more) of his old water pokes to use, breaking that silly "no transfer" rule he set on himself in the Hoenn league

but if he does get a water, I say it will be a Gastrodon

Chibaymega12
July 24th, 2007, 12:16 PM
me too, that would be the best guess at this poitn

Akio123
July 24th, 2007, 12:51 PM
But say that happens, what are going to be his last two*prays its not Hippopotas and Brock gets that*

wmoor0826
July 24th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Totodile

Yup, time to get it from oak and let it evolve!

That and if he got like a shiny as his fire would be awesome.

Akio123
July 25th, 2007, 05:23 PM
For some reason I dont think he'llg et another shiney.

Charaxes
July 25th, 2007, 07:30 PM
For some reason I dont think he'llg et another shiney.

Well, we haven't seen a Shiny for a while now. Not counting the Golden Sudowoodo deal in BF, wasn't the last one, Donphan, from last year's Valentine Day episode (well, would have been if Kids WB hadn't delayed it)?

But, with D/P being what it is, who knows?

Akio123
July 25th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Well considering that Dawn has crossed so many Ash boundaries, I honestly think if anyone is gonna get a shiny it'll be her.

Myzou
July 26th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Hmm... I'd say that Ash gets either a Shellos/Gastrodon eventually as his water type, or he could get an ice type since they're pretty much the same... He could get a Snover or Weavile. It'd be awesome to see Ash with a Frosslass though :P

I could see him withdrawing Glalie for the ice gym, and while there, it falls in love with a wild froslass, who joins him XD

I still stick with Gastrodon (he always catches an evolved pokemon) or an Omanyte/Omastar (Considering the new title revealed another fossil episode, Ash may save one from hunter J along with Shieldon, and shieldon joins brock and oma(nyte/star) ash...)

And if that doesn't happen. Totodile and Cyndaquil will be taken from Oaks, I still stick 100% on Cyndaquil, only about 50% on totodile atm...

Tensa Zangetsu
July 26th, 2007, 02:24 AM
what was ash's fire type?? lol
I think Ash's water pokemon is gonna be shellos.I mean
cmon when mantyke evolves its gonna be a jhoto pokemon.Ash wants sinnoh pokemon

Akio123
July 26th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Yeah but considering that he already has Aipom. I mean yeah specualtion says its gonan evolve, but I don't think he would really care if it evolved into a Mantine. I mean shellos is what he'll probably catch though.

Tensa Zangetsu
July 26th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Good Point but i think ash's aipom is going to evolve in apibdom
so its a hoenn pokemon

People at nintendo are smart

Akio123
July 26th, 2007, 10:48 AM
It would be a Sinnoh pokemon if its an Ambipom...

Wish
July 26th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I agree with most of you, Ash might catch a Shellos, and evolve it into a Gastrodon. Aipom's purpose, I thought, was to evolve into Ambipom anyway, so that's my view on it.

Akio123
July 26th, 2007, 12:57 PM
She probably will evolve into Ambipom. I really hope he catches that East Shellos.

Myzou
July 27th, 2007, 12:25 AM
In the last episode, it was shown Zoey has a Shellos, Now I'm at a loss, maybe he will bring back toto and cynda... Or he'll get the blue shellos (zoey has pink)

Tensa Zangetsu
July 27th, 2007, 04:43 AM
i meant that loll sinnoh so ash coz nintendo wats ash to have only sinnoh thats how iy is in every region www.freewebs.com/pokemonmastaz

Team Poison
July 27th, 2007, 05:40 AM
I reckon Ash should show past and present rivals who's boss by catching an Eevee and then eventually evolving it into either Vaporeon or Glaceon!

Wish
July 27th, 2007, 05:45 AM
In the last episode, it was shown Zoey has a Shellos, Now I'm at a loss, maybe he will bring back toto and cynda... Or he'll get the blue shellos (zoey has pink)

Awww I saw that. I still hope he gets a Gastrodon. I'd also ike to see him bring back Totodile. He might bring back Kingler, but highly unlikely.

Akio123
July 30th, 2007, 07:42 AM
He will probably catch ann east shellos that will evolve. The question is when? Think about it, right now they are in West Sinnoh, so if he does it won't be for a while.

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 09:45 AM
yeah, i think it'll be about when ash caught Snowrunt in Hoenn

Akio123
July 31st, 2007, 11:39 AM
That makes sense. If he get's Mantyke it's going to be the first time they cross the ocean.

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 12:49 PM
yeah, maybe if they end up going to iron island then that'll prolly be about the time

Akio123
July 31st, 2007, 12:54 PM
I suppose that is true.

Hey I jsut thought of something. You know how everyone has gotten an egg thus far. I know this is such a stupid idea, but what if Dawn got the Riolu egg? (Please don't hit me >.>').

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 12:56 PM
hmm, i like that thought, or maybe a baby Riolu, probably the first tho

wmoor0826
July 31st, 2007, 01:00 PM
who is zoey? is that dawn or what?

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 01:33 PM
are you kidding? Zoey is Dawn's contest rival

Arumus
July 31st, 2007, 01:42 PM
I'd love to see Ash catch an Eevee then evolve it into a Vaporeon.

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 01:55 PM
uh, yeah, he's had a million chances in each seoson to capture a eevee, so theres no way that thats gonna happen, sorry to crush your dreams ;)

Akio123
July 31st, 2007, 03:37 PM
Well no name once where he's seen a wild eevee.

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 03:40 PM
well, if he looked, he could've found one, in one episode in the first season with all the first eeveelutions, there were a ton of Eevee's running around without a trainer if i remember correctly

Random
July 31st, 2007, 03:43 PM
Ash could still probably still now get an Eevee, if he ever meets up with Bebe(from the game) she could give him one?

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 03:43 PM
yeah, but i doubt he will

Akio123
July 31st, 2007, 04:05 PM
Well first off with the first eevee episode, those eevee belonged to those battling eevee brothers. Secondly, the show has mechanics to it. Ash doesn't jsut go looking for a pokemon. A pokemon ussually is either causing a problem or he sees a wild pokemon and either way befriends it and catches it.

Random
July 31st, 2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah, and most of the pokemon Ash has befriended, and wanted to come along with him, but made no sense by wanting to battle with him first, why doesnt ash just grab a pokeball and tap it on the head, just take it along, and continue on his journey and save the episode 5 minutes of pointless battling.

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 04:51 PM
oh, i guess so, but i still seriously doubt that he'll get a Vaporion

Akio123
July 31st, 2007, 04:51 PM
The writers in Pokemon have systems of doing things. They wan't to take up the entire 24 minutes, so since they can't think of an ending, they havea battle then a midly heartfelt sunset ending...in every episode EVER. -_-

Random
July 31st, 2007, 05:01 PM
The writers in Pokemon have systems of doing things. They wan't to take up the entire 24 minutes, so since they can't think of an ending, they havea battle then a midly heartfelt sunset ending...in every episode EVER. -_-

yeah in the end of an episode, its like "Aww the Sunset, and that was a good day ending" feel to the end. They do it too often, i agree.

Akio123
July 31st, 2007, 05:02 PM
Often is one thing...EVERY EPISODE is another. I mean it's cliche at this point.

But we digress.

If he was to get Mantyke how would it go?

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 05:23 PM
maybe Buizel would jump into the ocean, and ash, brock, and dawn would have to go after him, so they scuba down and ash dives in and theres a huge worlpool that they have to watch out for, so ash meets this mantyke and it says to pikachu taht it knows where buizel is, so pikachu gets attatched to Mantyke and they go down, get buizel, and then they get caught in the worlpool and Mantyke saves ash, then asking if he wants to go with him, they have a battle, ash catches it, and the rest is history

Random
July 31st, 2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah i fine with Ash with having a mantyke/mantine in his team.

cannadakid
July 31st, 2007, 05:28 PM
ok i decided to list every water pokemon in everything just so we see them all

squirtle psyduck poliwag tentacool slopoke seel shelder crabby horsy goldeen staryu magicarp lapras vaporeon omynite totodile chinchou marril wooper qwilfish remoraid mantyke suikune mudkip lotad wingul carvanah wailmer barboach corfish feebas spheal clampurt kyogre piplup bidoof buizel shellos finneon phione manaphy

ok well thats the first form of every water pokemon ever.
hope i was of some help

Random
July 31st, 2007, 06:15 PM
Well from that list we can take out: squirtle, crabby, lapras, totodile, corphish.

Everything else is a possibility.

Akio123
July 31st, 2007, 06:40 PM
What about all the legendaries? He isn't gonna get any of those.*You forgot Kabuto by the way), in any case he wouldn't catch a fossil pokemon anyway.

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 07:51 PM
yeah, but most of those that arent forth gen can be taken from the list for ver very very slim possibilities.

I'd be fine with him bringing back any of his pokemon or catching a non 4th gen pokemon if he'd catch more than what he needs for the league

Random
July 31st, 2007, 11:24 PM
Well i say, hell, if he gets a mantyke for a water pokemon, im not surprised.

Chibaymega12
August 1st, 2007, 07:00 AM
but remember, he already has a flying type, so it prolly wont evolve in sinnoh if he does catches one(i fogot, is mantyke flying and water, or just water? If he is both then i doubt he'll catch one.)

and before you say anything, about him having two normal types, that was under standable, because flying is the dominating type in staravia

Akio123
August 1st, 2007, 07:25 AM
He's had two of the same type on a team before.Not to mention mantyke's dominating type is water.

Chibaymega12
August 1st, 2007, 09:20 AM
hmm, i guess thats true, but i wasn't counting when he didn't make a fresh start

in my eyes, i'd say that it's an equal 50 50, neither dominates, but i guess thats just a matter of opinion

Random
August 1st, 2007, 09:40 AM
Oh yeah that would lead to mantyke and staravia exposed to electric.

Akio123
August 1st, 2007, 09:43 AM
Oh yeah that would lead to mantyke and staravia exposed to electric.
And both Corphish and Donphan were weak against grass. Your point was...?

Edit; Chibaymega, you said that Staravia is predominately flying when someone was going to bring up having two normal types. I was jsut saying that type dominations means nothing, but in your terms I wa ssaying then the first type Mantyke is happens to be water.

Hydross
August 1st, 2007, 10:20 AM
he wont get a mantyke or wtf it is called since he cant use it on land.. i.e he can't use it at the gyms

Akio123
August 1st, 2007, 10:21 AM
You never know. I mean it's that or east shellos, but I'm not so sure anymore because Nozumi has one.

Myzou
August 1st, 2007, 10:23 AM
Still sticking to the idea there could be a water or fire contest going on, dawn procs in wanting to join (if it's water) or ash finds out paul is entering with chimchar and wants to enter himself, so he withdraws totodile or cyndaquil from oaks...

Akio123
August 1st, 2007, 11:06 AM
It's feasable, but I mean he should actually catch something. I mean those two got a ton of screentime.

Random
August 1st, 2007, 03:59 PM
You know what, maybe well never know until Japan releases maybe another 20-30 episodes.

yeah what if he withdraws totodile or cyndaquil from oaks, so what, he's not going to keep them as part of his party, permanently... and thats problem. He rather start over and catch new pokemon, so will never know... and who cares about the screentime, pikachu gets way more then ash's other pokemon, duh!

Akio123
August 1st, 2007, 04:04 PM
Yeah, but that's the mascot of pokemon.*Rolls eyes* And it's Ash's first pokemon, its the one pokemon that's NEVER going to be boxed. It's one of those exceptions to the rule things. :/

As for the Totodile and Cyndaquil thing, your right. He isn't going to actually keep them.

Random
August 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM
Well im trying to be a least a little sensible about the "screen time" ordeal, thats just opinion, but eh...

East shellos, mantyke, and if anyone could throw more, those are just options for ash, if a person would likely say, "oh well ash will get shellos, and not mantyke" thats completely ridiculous, how do you know, can you predict and spoil the future for us, and the answer is obviously... NO!

Chibaymega12
August 1st, 2007, 04:21 PM
I know, he's gonna get Palkia! And be the master of all pokemon so he can wipe that crappy look off of Paul's face!
Just kidding, but it'd be pretty cool though. considering Mantyke is a flying type partly, tnen he'd still be able to compete in gyms.
Refering to the bringing back pokemon thingy, remember when ash brought back Bulbasaur for an episode? Wasn't he intending on keeping it?

Random
August 1st, 2007, 04:23 PM
I know, he's gonna get Palkia! And be the master of all pokemon so he can wipe that crappy look off of Paul's face!
Just kidding, but it'd be pretty cool though. considering Mantyke is a flying type partly, tnen he'd still be able to compete in gyms.
Refering to the bringing back pokemon thingy, remember when ash brought back Bulbasaur for an episode? Wasn't he intending on keeping it?

haha very funny,

Well remember bulbasaur is needed to keep the pokemon at oaks lab at balance between other pokemon.

Chibaymega12
August 1st, 2007, 04:27 PM
oh, right, forgot about that, i just wish ash would catch like eight pokemon in this region so that he can rotate ALL of his pokemon in and out of the rounds, so taht when he meets paul in the semi finals, he whips out Sciptile, charizard, and Kingler to kick his butt!

Akio123
August 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM
I think he wised up because of the BF saga and will probably start switching out pokemon.

Random
August 1st, 2007, 04:30 PM
oh, right, forgot about that, i just wish ash would catch like eight pokemon in this region so that he can rotate ALL of his pokemon in and out of the rounds, so taht when he meets paul in the semi finals, he whips out Sciptile, charizard, and Kingler to kick his butt!

We can only wish for that happen, and see paul doesnt know how good of a trainer, ash could be, and considering ash didnt bring any of his previous ubers, not like paul's torterra.

Chibaymega12
August 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM
Referring to Paul, do you think that he competed in a previous Sinnoh competition? I mean, if Paul had a torterra, then what would he still be doing by the starting city of most trainers? And most of us know that in the anime, there are more than just eight gyms in each region, you just have to pick eight(remember, gary had ten gym badges and going for eleven in kanto when he was beaten down by Mewtwo) so that doesn't mean he had to already beat Roark, he just decided to go in that direction to look for some strong pokemon at a relatively low level so that he could still train them a little

also @akio: yeah, at the beggining of battle frontier i was afraid he was gonna just keep the pokemon that he had on his team

Random
August 1st, 2007, 04:52 PM
Referring to Paul, do you think that he competed in a previous Sinnoh competition? I mean, if Paul had a torterra, then what would he still be doing by the starting city of most trainers? And most of us know that in the anime, there are more than just eight gyms in each region, you just have to pick eight(remember, gary had ten gym badges and going for eleven in kanto when he was beaten down by Mewtwo) so that doesn't mean he had to already beat Roark, he just decided to go in that direction to look for some strong pokemon at a relatively low level so that he could still train them a little

Well he hasnt mention competing in sinnoh, expect for all the regions ash been through, and i guess the story with pokemon doesnt have to follow with which starter pokemon from the games, in other regions, i guess... >_>

Chibaymega12
August 1st, 2007, 04:57 PM
uh, can you repeat that last part again, i didn't really get it

Random
August 1st, 2007, 05:06 PM
geez, i feel like im spamming too much -_-, what i mean was even if paul started with a sinnoh starter, by competing with other leagues first in different regions besides competing in his home land in sinnoh first, doesn't have to make sense, even with the story, sorry for being wordy...

Akio123
August 1st, 2007, 05:26 PM
We are kind of getting off topic here.

If he was to cat6cha Shellos, how would it happen?

~Mithos~
August 1st, 2007, 05:58 PM
I think a gastrodon would be a great idea, maybe he could trade with some random person who came over the mountain, the frosslass idea is nice too.

Chibaymega12
August 1st, 2007, 06:19 PM
shellos... I'd say that it'd evolve to a gastrodon, and become a powerhouse, kinda like a Sinnoh lapras

Random
August 1st, 2007, 08:42 PM
ok so if he catches a shellos, evolves it to gastrodon, then what, list the benefits?

Akio123
August 2nd, 2007, 06:42 AM
No, I mean how would he come across the Shellos in the first place?

Random
August 2nd, 2007, 07:08 AM
The shellos would appear out of ash's butt, j/k, anyways it doesnt matter where it comes, whos knows ash might pick one up, from that is either stalking him, abandon from paul, or just seeing one out the wild, idk, creator's choice,:cheeky:

Chibaymega12
August 2nd, 2007, 07:11 AM
@shuri: I'd say he'd have the best water traveler since the orange islands, and an earthquake attack is always strong in the pokemon league

@ akio: ah, he'll prolly get it about the time he got Snowrunt in hoenn, he'll prolly go fishing and a big gyaradoes pulls him in and Shellos saves him, and the rest is self expanitory

Akio123
August 2nd, 2007, 07:32 AM
True it or despite the fact its a powerhouse, it is as Neurotic as Torkoal and its depressed for some reason.

Random
August 2nd, 2007, 07:37 AM
True it or despite the fact its a powerhouse, it is as Neurotic as Torkoal and its depressed for some reason.

What makes you think its going to have emotional problems?

Akio123
August 2nd, 2007, 07:39 AM
I dunno Torkoal actually had a personality unlike ALOT of Ash's pokemon. I think another midly depressing pokemon would bring some personality to the team. I mean right now only 3/4 have some personality.

Sidenote; I'd LOVE to see himw itha flying type that actually had some perosnality for once.

Random
August 2nd, 2007, 07:44 AM
I dunno Torkoal actually had a personality unlike ALOT of Ash's pokemon. I think another midly depressing pokemon would bring some personality to the team. I mean right now only 3/4 have some personality.

Sidenote; I'd LOVE to see himw itha flying type that actually had some perosnality for once.

Well i hope the shellos doesnt get a depressing personalty, I wouldnt say they dont all have a perosnality, but they all are similiar, considering they mostly react the same way, except for sceptile, maybe.

Akio123
August 2nd, 2007, 07:45 AM
It doesn't have to be depressing. It's just that say he does catch this east Shellos, hopefully it will have its own personality.

Rellyms
August 2nd, 2007, 07:49 AM
i think it would be finneon
also starvia has a lot of personality remember when ash battled rorik staravia really got sad when it wasnt being used

Akio123
August 2nd, 2007, 07:55 AM
i think it would be finneon
also starvia has a lot of personality remember when ash battled rorik staravia really got sad when it wasnt being used
One example doesn't really make a personality. Think about Aipom, Pikachu, and Turtwig. They all actuallly have individual personality.

Rellyms
August 2nd, 2007, 08:10 AM
ok what about when it evolved .............

Random
August 2nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
ok i think were getting a little off topic with this personality stuff, so rellyms, why do you think its finneon, do you think it blends with ash's team more?

Rewind
August 2nd, 2007, 08:23 AM
he has a war turtle I think

Random
August 2nd, 2007, 08:25 AM
he has a war turtle I think

no he has a squirtle, that hangs with the squirtle squad back in Kanto, doubt it would evolve.

TheGreatMothim
August 2nd, 2007, 08:28 AM
Yea the other ones evolved into Warturles... Ashs should of by now.

I think he should get a Mantine in this season. I can't wait for his Turtwig to evolve and Aipom to evolve as well.

Rellyms
August 2nd, 2007, 10:27 AM
i think i does blend in more i mean he looking for strong pkmn and hes not going for gyrados

Akio123
August 2nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
Yea the other ones evolved into Warturles... Ashs should of by now.

I think he should get a Mantine in this season. I can't wait for his Turtwig to evolve and Aipom to evolve as well.
It would have to be Mantyke then.

Random
August 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Why do you say its mantyke then?

Akio123
August 3rd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Alright, if he's iN Sinnoh the writers are going give him the 4th gen and have it evolve into Mantine.

Random
August 3rd, 2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah but what change your mind from Shellos to Mantyke?

Akio123
August 3rd, 2007, 09:06 PM
It's not that I think he will someone said before he should get a mantine and I'm explaining he wouldn't get a mantine but a Mantyke-_-.