View Full Version : Saddest episode

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 2nd, 2003, 2:42 AM
Which episode do you think was the most upsetting/heartbraking/cry-making?

Mine was Just waiting on a friend.

October 2nd, 2003, 2:52 AM
'Pikachu's Good-bye' is mine! I thought it was sad, especially when he was sitting by that fire and was having flashbacks. :(

Cayenne's Legend
October 2nd, 2003, 4:58 AM
I think the saddest Episode was:Farewell,and then ...setting off.
It hurt my feelings when I saw Ash and Misty saying goodbye to each other...
* snif* but luckilly I know they will be reunited someday!!! ;)

October 2nd, 2003, 11:38 AM
Bulbasaur the ambassedor! I've never cried watching a pokemon episode, but those fading memories were too much :'(

October 2nd, 2003, 12:16 PM
'Pokemon First Movie'

Thats not a show but who cares.I never cried during it but It was kind of sad when Pikachu was trying to revive Ash at the end.And it was Also said when Pikachu was getting slapped by the other pikachu and he was trying not to fight but then he got hurt...

October 2nd, 2003, 12:51 PM
Pikachu's goodbye...definitely!

evwn now, whenever I hear "the time has come", I feel al emotional, ya know?

October 2nd, 2003, 4:29 PM
The saddest episodes I've seen are Pikachu's Goodbye, Bulbasaur the Ambassador, Meowth Rules, and I think Goodbye Butterfree.

October 3rd, 2003, 6:32 AM
I have cried 4 or 5 times, but I don't remember all the episodes. You all have listed some of them so far. I also came close to crying a few other times.

October 3rd, 2003, 6:57 AM
Only thing to make me tear up from Pokmon is the ending of the Pokmon movies like the credits lol. But for the episodes I never cried on any but you can tell what ones are sad. Saddest one would have to be "Bye Bye Butterfree" in my opinion.

October 6th, 2003, 2:48 PM
(This wasn't really an episode, but ah well..)

On our 'Mewtwo Returns' DVD, it has a little short thing that told about when Mewtwo was younger. I actually cried whenever the little girl on there, Amber, died... It was so sad. :(

October 6th, 2003, 3:13 PM
Bye Bye Butterfree and Pikachus Goodbye are definatly the sadest episodes! its sad when butterfree slowly leaves and Ash and Pikachu are bawling, and its sad in Pikachus Goodbye when you see the flashbacks of Pikachu and the song is sad...

October 7th, 2003, 5:05 AM
I was upset at the end of the 4th and 5th pokemon movies when Celebi and Latios were hurt

October 7th, 2003, 7:00 AM
"The Story of Mewtwo's Origin" was very sad. Especially the part where Amber said goodbye to little Mewtwo, while she was dying.
Amber: Thank you for carring about me... And don't cry Mewtwo. You should be happy. You're alive and live is wonderfull..... *echoes* (Amber disappears)
It was like my heart stopped for a few seconds.

October 7th, 2003, 7:19 AM
Well I got to say Pikachu's Good Bye (if though I knew Pikachu was not leaving).

October 7th, 2003, 2:45 PM
Pikachu Goodbye definitely, I cry everytime I watch that episode even though I know Pikachu is not leaving, don't know why

October 7th, 2003, 4:36 PM
Lets see..
When ash like died in the first movie! i cried so much i almost had to leave the theatre!
Just waiting on a friend, so sad...
Pikachu's Good-bye,
and byebye butterfree....

October 7th, 2003, 5:55 PM
"The Story of Mewtwo's Origin" was very sad. Especially the part where Amber said goodbye to little Mewtwo, while she was dying.

It was like my heart stopped for a few seconds.
Ahh, that's it! T-T I hardly ever cry during any kind of show, except when things die. I even cried when Godzilla died on that movie. O_o I just hate seeing death...

October 7th, 2003, 7:56 PM
I agree! when Ash "dies" in the first movie its really sad...and when Celibi died was sad too! (even though Celebi looked like a raisen)

October 8th, 2003, 7:31 PM
Mewtwo's Origin....when I first saw the pictures and read the synposis on Pokemon Forever...this is back in the DAY, let me tell you, but...yeah, pretty sad.

The only episode that had any sort of saddening effect on me was Pikachu's Goodbye. At the time, of course...now I think they should all die. Horribly.

October 11th, 2003, 5:18 AM
I can't name all of the episodes but a few of them made me start tearing up like the episode were Ash leaves his Charizard and the one were those horrid team rockets stole that adorable baby Lugia from its mom. I almost always tear up when Lugia is sad defeated or enraged at some thing thats how much I love Lugia. and I actualy cried at the end of Pokemon Forever when Celebi dies and in the first movie when ash is turned to stone and the Pokemon cry for him those are all realy sad.

October 11th, 2003, 7:04 AM
the saddest episode is next week! I will cry my tiny little heart out! then i will run to my japanese dictonary and write a letter! any way i cried when squirtle left and i didnt cry in pikachus goodbye but that is one of the saddest ones!

October 13th, 2003, 4:08 PM
The saddest episodes would be... Goodbye Butterfree, Pikachu's Goodbye, Bulbasaur the Embassador, the episode where Ash gave Charizard to Liza, and a whole lotta others. I didn't get a chance to see the episode where Squirtle leaves but I would cried too. Oh yeah, I also cried in when I saw the first and fourth movie, even though those aren't episodes.

unhappy pineapple
October 13th, 2003, 4:16 PM
BY FAR the saddest one I've seen was 'Pikachu's Goodbye'. Even if I haven't seen it in a while, I can still remember watching it and being really scared if Pikachu would leave...it was then that I realised the series would lose a lot of viewers if Pikachu left, and that it wasn't going to happen. For some unexplainable reason, I was still scared the whole episode through. :tired: , bah silly me.

October 13th, 2003, 4:30 PM
k everyone picked all these "hot picks" for saddest episode... but here's an original idea...

"Fly Me To the Moon"

what considered to be a useless filler can easily be very sad... if that Pidgey dies in space than voila first death for Pokemon and first tragic for Pokemon... dying for your dream is very sad imho...

October 13th, 2003, 4:43 PM
I cry evertime I see ground types get hit my electric attacks, etc. Untrue to the games makes me cry. ;-;

October 13th, 2003, 10:41 PM
I cry evertime I see ground types get hit my electric attacks, etc. Untrue to the games makes me cry. ;-;

lol... how come i kind of saw that one coming...

not to mention Pikachu's iron tail is rather "superior"... I'm going to try Iron Tail with Pikachu against Camerupt! *burnt rodent in hospital the next day*

October 14th, 2003, 5:53 AM
I think the saddest episode is "Pikachu's Goodbye."

October 14th, 2003, 9:54 AM
Weird thing.... when Celebi was wilted, I was trying not too laugh, it looked so nasty.

I get upset... not really sad, but upset... when I see Hitmonchan, Machoke, and/or Electabuzz portrayed as bad guys or poor fighters. This happens quite a lot. It's probably because they aren't "cute and marketable" like some of the other Pokemon. Bah... Houndoom and Totodile beating a Machop and Machoke my @ss. Biased anime.

October 14th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Houdoom could beat Machop, easy. Machop's base stats are too low to compete with Houdoom's. Machoke could get caught in a counter from Houndoom, but that's a whole 'nother off-topic story. ^_^;

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 14th, 2003, 12:13 PM
I must also say that Mewtwo's Origin (uncut) is really sad - Amber's father was trying to revive her after she died using her DNA, his wife couldn't watch her husband try and revive Amber.
"I can't watch you try and bring her back..."
And she divorced.

The part when Amber-two couldn't exist anymore was also upsetting... I couldn't sleep the night I watched it.

October 14th, 2003, 3:18 PM
Kairi... look.. I know Machop is unevolved and crap, but this isn't the game. I bet they never even acknowledged Dark's fighting weakness, but the stupid anime has to keep GLORIFYING the new pokemon. And they always portray my favorites poorly. I don't need your "well, in game mechanics, blah blah blah" and then you repeat what you've read about the game on the internet. Unevolved beat evolved all the time in anime, but they treat Machop as a poor fighter all the time, never "cute" or "cuddly" like freakachu and eevee and stuff.

October 15th, 2003, 8:06 AM
Something that always gets me sad is Bye Bye Butterfree.
Something else that's sad is when ash's weak unevolved pokemon beat all the other really powerful ones.I mean, Pikachu beating Dragonite?Just doesn't make sense to me.

October 16th, 2003, 8:54 AM
I felt like crying when Ash left his Charizard behind.

October 17th, 2003, 11:26 AM
The one that Jesse said that she ate snow for food when she was young