PDA

View Full Version : Question about D/P: 507 Champion Shirona Appears!!

Ryo
July 16th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I've been watching the trailer for it for the past five minutes and I can't for the life of me, figure out who the hell that Torterra belongs to.
I want to say Paul, but I can't honestly see him with one at all- being one of Ash's Pokemon's final forms.

Regardless of who it belongs to, it looks like a great episode.

Hydross
July 16th, 2007, 10:07 PM
hmm can it belon to Shirona herself?

yes it can.

Ryo
July 16th, 2007, 10:30 PM
It could, but after re watching the preview once more, it's apparently Paul's, which he uses against Shirona's Dragon (I don't bother to learn the names of the horrible pokemon I don't like. >_>)

I don't see why he'd have one, but then again, I don't see why they'd animate Dawn with a short skirt & fat thighs at the same time...

Charaxes
July 17th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Well, it's going to air in the next two days, so we'll find out, then.

Akio123
July 18th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Well it has to be Paul's. Thing is it's a strong pokemonm like he wants. He has caught stage 2 pokemon liek Azumarill before, so I wouldn't be really suprised. However, it could be Shirona/Cynthia's. The reason is if you notice most of her pokemon albeit Shellos are absed on legends or have to dow ith legends in some way. Torterra is based on Genbu, the Turtle in chinese mysthology that represnets the winter and soemthing(I believe). However, based on tis positon, the Tortera and Weavile are prolyl Shinji/Paul's

Charaxes
July 18th, 2007, 09:58 AM
That, and Shirona doesn't have a specific type/Pokemon form theme, unlike the past few Champions: Lance, Steven, Wallace. Well, the former two in this case, sheepish laugh.

Akio123
July 18th, 2007, 10:10 AM
That, and Shirona doesn't have a specific type/Pokemon form theme, unlike the past few Champions: Lance, Steven, Wallace. Well, the former two in this case, sheepish laugh.
Well yeah her name is derived from synthesis.

Charaxes
July 18th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Well yeah her name is derived from synthesis.

Well, well, but I thought it was from the "My Sharona" song. Heh. Dies.

Akio123
July 18th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Haha, I did too. Japanese name probably, but English is definitely synthesis.

Crystal Clair
July 19th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I have news
huge DP spoilers

The Dodaitosu is Shinji's.
Dodaitosu was Shinji's starter, not Hikozaru
Shinji has a Manyula
Shinji has traveled through Houen/Kanto/Johto
and he still has his Ringuma he caught in "Forest of Hesitation!! Shinji Again!!"

..... I kinda knew all along Shinji wasn't a beginning trainer

Shinji_
July 19th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Yo Crystal ;_; Could you do me a big favour could you translate some parts of champion shirona appears for me :P?

Ayano Katagiri
July 19th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I have news
huge DP spoilers

The Dodaitosu is Shinji's.
Dodaitosu was Shinji's starter, not Hikozaru
Shinji has a Manyula
Shinji has traveled through Houen/Kanto/Johto
and he still has his Ringuma he caught in "Forest of Hesitation!! Shinji Again!!"

..... I kinda knew all along Shinji wasn't a beginning trainer

But.. that's like, not fair. XDD
I've got to watch this episode when I get round to it, it seems Shinji ain't all we assumed he may have been

Akio123
July 19th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I was jsut about to post that exact thing...XD Anyway it makes sense because Shinji looks (If not the same older) same age as Ash. I mean there was no way he could be a begining trainer. I mean he is way to disciplined. However during the episode it makes me wonder if Hikozaru is gonna stay withy Shinji.

Crystal Clair
July 19th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Yo Crystal ;_; Could you do me a big favour could you translate some parts of champion shirona appears for me
I could try. But I dunno.
Dont bet on it
In the end I may be able to as I asked for some Shinji dialogue to be written down in romaji over at sppf. Hopefully I'll get what I requested.
I have some attack translations but I doubt that's really interesting

Shinji_
July 20th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Okay thanks, curious what was it that he said when chimchar jumped from the hot air balloon.

Unown_
July 20th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I don't know the actual words. But it was something among the lines that Shinji was kinda angry that Chimchar let itself be stolen by Team Rocket. Ash/Hikari said that it's unjustified since Chimchar was sleeping.

roxas123
July 20th, 2007, 12:41 PM
The reason Paul/Shinji has a torterra was because Turtwig was his original starter pokemon. Apparently thats what I heard on Serebii and Youtube. I think that unlike Ash, Paul has probobly won a leauge conference. He seemed pretty confident when he challenged Cynthia.

But now that Ash has seen a torterra will he allow his turtwig to evolve?

Akio123
July 20th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Quite honestly based ont he movie, I jsut thought Shinji just let Chimchar go and it was Takeshi's, Satoshi's, or Hikari's. I mean like what he said seemed pretty horrible.

EDIT: Shinji would have been identified by SOMEONE if he won a league conference.

Crystal Clair
July 20th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I have a direct translation (provided by Yamato-san who corrected me)

"Ore ga saisho ni moratta Pokemon desu." ("It's the Pokemon I received when starting out." He says this in reply to Shirona pointing out how Dodaitose seems particularly well-trained).

"Sore kara Houen, Jouto, Kantou no Riigu mo arimashita*. Yuushou wa mada desu." ("Afterwards, I was in Houen, Jouto, and Kantou's Leagues. I still haven't won the championship.")

"Manyuura to Yamikarasu wa sono tabi no tochuu de Getto shimashita." ("I Got Manyula and Yamikarasu during that journey.")

Star★Seeker
July 20th, 2007, 04:54 PM

"Ore ga saisho ni moratta Pokemon desu." ("It's the Pokemon I received when starting out." He says this in reply to Shirona pointing out how Dodaitose seems particularly well-trained).

"Sore kara Houen, Jouto, Kantou no Riigu mo arimashita*. Yuushou wa mada desu." ("Afterwards, I was in Houen, Jouto, and Kantou's Leagues. I still haven't won the championship.")

"Manyuura to Yamikarasu wa sono tabi no tochuu de Getto shimashita." ("I Got Manyula and Yamikarasu during that journey.")Holy what!So Paul is like the bad Ash, I mean, come on he's been in three leagues!This is so suprising.

PoisonOwnzYou
July 20th, 2007, 05:43 PM
OKay they have the whole truth on wikipedia
translation-
Paul owns the Torterra which he got as a starter pokemon. It traveled with him while he was in the other regions. Chimchar he got when he was traveling in sinnoh, along with elekid. He probably has other pokemon, so thats why he released so many, and wikipedia is not specific on how he got murkrow and weaville

Shinji_
July 20th, 2007, 07:35 PM
This does not make any sense, how'd shinji manage to be in all the league championships which ash has been in and not of been noticed.

Charaxes
July 20th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Serebii.net has uploaded the episode pics today. In case, you're bored and want to look for yourselves. Heh.

ChrisG14
July 20th, 2007, 07:36 PM
This does not make any sense, how'd shinji manage to be in all the league championships which ash has been in and not of been noticed.

Aren't the leagues held at different times?

ChibiGingi
July 20th, 2007, 07:44 PM

Maybe he had a secret identity, or plastic surgery?

Or he's stealing the identity of other trainers, as well as their Pokemon?

Maybe he's in line with that Jay fellow... or I could be over analyzing it.

Apathetic_Yen
July 20th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Uh there at a lot of people at these tournaments. What would be the odds of actually seeing Paul at the league with Ash anyway. It'd be like trying to look for them at the Olympics.

Oh and as of now, Paul is officially my favorite main character (next to Brock of course).

Shinji_
July 21st, 2007, 06:04 AM
I'm pretty sure that he'd be noticed especially in the johto league chaampionchips where gary faced ash becuase they basically showed whos paired up to face who and when ash lost to that guy in the hoen league and the guy won the championships and paul was still not noticed so pokemon is really making no sense and also how did paul receive a turtwig as his starter in sinnoh if he didnt even know who prof rowan was because when ash first battled paul paul is all like from the looks of things you must be prof rowan, so that means that he didnt even know the guy so Pokemon isnt making any sense with there storyline..

Unown_
July 21st, 2007, 06:17 AM
Shinji said that he participated in the Johto League. That doesn't mean Shinji participate in the same Johto League as Ash did.
Also, I don't believe it was said that Professor Rowan was the only person in Shinou that gave trainers their starting Pokémon.

Jim
July 21st, 2007, 07:48 AM
I was jsut about to post that exact thing...XD Anyway it makes sense because Shinji looks (If not the same older) same age as Ash. I mean there was no way he could be a begining trainer. I mean he is way to disciplined. However during the episode it makes me wonder if Hikozaru is gonna stay withy Shinji.

Ash sdoesn't have a Fire Type yet which he always gets in the Main seasons, eventhough considering Gary has a Magmar and Electivire and Shinji has an Elekid I don't think a Magmortar would suit Ash. However Farfetch'd (XD) that Ash will get Hikozaru may be it's possable.

"Manyuura to Yamikarasu wa sono tabi no tochuu de Getto shimashita." ("I Got Manyula and Yamikarasu during that journey.")

Very interesting.

Shinji_
July 21st, 2007, 09:59 AM
Shinji said that he participated in the Johto League. That doesn't mean Shinji participate in the same Johto League as Ash did.
Also, I don't believe it was said that Professor Rowan was the only person in Shinou that gave trainers their starting Pokémon.

Good point it wasnt said. But I can still assume:P and yea your right maybe it was not the same one o.o;; so it's all starting to make sense, thanks :D

Charaxes
July 21st, 2007, 10:51 AM
Well, if you look at Sugimori's original design of Shinji, it's taken right from Silver (the rival from G/S/C). Ignoring the fact he was in Crystal's OP, maybe they were going to use the design, but for some reason couldn't. I think maybe they were trying with a Johto allusion behind Shinji's character design/origins if nothing else.

When you consider D/P on the whole, they're really trying to suck up to the canon gamers out there: the 1st Gym Battle and all of its exposition, Four Emperors left and right, Galaxy-Dan, the in-game friends like Cheryl (I forget her Japanese name), etc.

Edit: Character sheet is on Shinji's profile on Bulbapedia. Which I can't seem to find right now. Heh.

Akio123
July 21st, 2007, 12:52 PM
Ash sdoesn't have a Fire Type yet which he always gets in the Main seasons, eventhough considering Gary has a Magmar and Electivire and Shinji has an Elekid I don't think a Magmortar would suit Ash. However Farfetch'd (XD) that Ash will get Hikozaru may be it's possable.

Yeah I wasn't implying I think Satoshi is gonna get Hikozaru. I was just saying.

Jim
July 21st, 2007, 12:58 PM
Well still however obscure it may seem it's still possable, I still don't believe Shinji has a Dodaitose O.O

Akio123
July 21st, 2007, 01:00 PM
It was his starter. I mean he wouldn't be so cruel to his starter. Poor Chimchar he proably kid nap from his Infernape parents.XD

Jim
July 21st, 2007, 01:06 PM
Does the anime actually say he got Hikozaru from Professor Rowan? And I wonder hoew he got his Turtwig as a starter, since he claims never meeting Rowan before.

Charaxes
July 21st, 2007, 03:56 PM
Well, don't forget, D/P allows for other trainers to have the Starters besides the players. And the anime has shown the starters are not always connected to the Professors. So, yeah.

Akio123
July 21st, 2007, 06:21 PM
He never met Rowan before so Shinji never got it from him.

Psi Yamaneko
July 21st, 2007, 10:01 PM
Hey may have gotten the Turtwig from a professor operating closer to Veilstone. Or whoever was the man giving out the starters the year he set out.

Akio123
July 22nd, 2007, 06:43 AM
Could be, but I am gonna go with a Nurse Joy.

Shinji_
July 22nd, 2007, 08:16 AM
It was his starter. I mean he wouldn't be so cruel to his starter. Poor Chimchar he proably kid nap from his Infernape parents.XD

Lol to that xD What if he did? You never know. And yes paul probably got the Turtwig from the prof in veilstone town becuase rowan did not give him nothing o.o;;.

Psi Yamaneko
July 22nd, 2007, 11:47 AM
So this girl I know who roleplays Ash and I (...I play Paul =_=) were discussing this whole thing.

It looks like Paul saved Sinnoh league/home league for last after traveling through outlying regions. We know he never got Championship in any of them. Ya think he might just want to throw his all at Sinnoh League?

He's....shaping out to be a more interesting character than I usually give the anime credit for.

Miss Reyna
July 23rd, 2007, 03:04 PM
That is strange. I saw the pics on Serebii so that was interesting.

Still now hearing that Torterra is Paul's first pokemon now I think that maybe Ash will some how get Paul's Chimchar. I kinda predict that Paul will abondon it some time soon and Ash will pick it up. Still that is my prediction. Seeing the pics at the end made me think that.

Tensa Zangetsu
July 26th, 2007, 02:37 AM
awesome i still hate paul but awesome

SBaby
July 27th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I hate Cynthia way more than Paul now...

She broke the cardinal rule of a Fighting Anime. You DON'T beat the main guy's rival FOR him, unless you're gonna KILL the rival.

Then again, I never really hated Paul to begin with. I mean, he's a pain in the rear character, but we needed one of those for awhile. But it's still ruined because of Cynthia. Worse yet, we'll probably never see her again in the series (at least as far as D/P is concerned).

Chibaymega12
July 31st, 2007, 09:48 AM
It belongs to Paul, it was Paul's starter

sorry if this has already been stated