PDA

View Full Version : First Impression on Pokemon

+el_pal
May 28th, 2004, 05:40 AM
When you first saw anything that had to do with Pokemon what was your impression?

Zeo
May 28th, 2004, 07:22 AM
I thought it was weird cos I had no idea why a kid was dragging a little yellow creature along the ground with string.

as veiwing continued I grew to like it and eventually love it

Iveechan
May 28th, 2004, 09:27 AM
When I first saw Pokemon in a magazine, I thought it was stupid because they were talking about how hugely popular it was in Japan and it didn't look like much to me.

+el_pal
May 28th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Lots of people I know first thoguht it was stupid too. With me, I saw Pikachu and thoguht it was cute. Then as I discovered more I started to like the battling stuff too.

Kairyu
May 28th, 2004, 09:37 AM
When I first saw a big pictiure in a gaming magazine of what I thought was Pikachu back in 94'-95'. I immediately started reading up on it. My first impression of it was.. *why?* lol. Suffice to say, I got curious and bought the red version a bit later and got hooked *almost* ever since.

Porygon
May 28th, 2004, 09:42 AM
I just thought it was weird, yet somewhat intriguing.

asher_son_of_ash
May 28th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Actually, I don't know what got it me into Pokemon. Just happened. o.o; But the game made me dig it. =T

AJHalliwell
May 28th, 2004, 11:29 AM
I remember it started when my little brothers friend talked to my brother about it. Then I thought, sounds intrestingly unusual. I don't think I understood it then, ("what do you mean they capture them?") Which is funny, cause later i became like, the local pokemon proffessor! I knew more then anyone, and they came to me for information. Ah, I miss the days. I wasn't very good at cards though, locally I was okay, but I lost at tournements horribly.

Porygon
May 28th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Heh. I was never the best carder either

Jeremy
May 28th, 2004, 11:51 AM
I loved it ever since I saw the first episode! ^_^ Mainly because of Pikachu. :P

Chairman Kaga
May 28th, 2004, 11:54 AM
I first saw it when I saw the episode "Hypno's Naptime" at 6:30 AM some morning in 1998 when I was in the 5th grade...my absolute first reaction was why the creature on the screen (Drowzee) had the accent of a Russian vampire, and a few minutes later, who the idiots on the hang-gliders were (it was Team Rocket :P )

emeraldslay
May 28th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Well, my freinds were all talking about it. By the time I noticed it I saw the Pokemon yellow advert and watched an episode. I was soooooo confused. I carried on watching and I understood.

lil' jose
May 28th, 2004, 01:13 PM
I thought it was going to be stupid and it would work for Sega Genisis. I thought that because I had red version. And the box seemed like the size of a sega game!

Timbjerr
May 28th, 2004, 03:37 PM
the very first pokmon-related thing I saw was a magazine advertisement when I was 11. It was that picture with a lot of pokmon (among them were Pikachu, Gengar, Pidgeot, Geodude, Poliwhirl, Charizard, Bulbasaur) underneath a net and above it it said "gotcha!" It was wierd, cuz the geodude's positioning in the picture made it look like he was holding the net (even though he wasn't). I also misread "Pokmon" as "Pok Man", so I spent the month or two between that day and the day I got my red version thinking that Geodude was a superhero-ish creature (possibly a ripoff of Kirby) that went out nd trapped other wierd creatures in a net.

JoWood
May 28th, 2004, 05:34 PM
I was like 9, ,the cards had been popular at my school and then gameboy colors came out and pokemon. We been tight ever since.

obsessedgamer
May 28th, 2004, 06:55 PM
I was 6, and i saw my cousin's friend playing the red version, just walking around... and i thought it was awesome. lol. Anyways, he let me play for a little while and i got addicted.

Cassie-chan
May 28th, 2004, 07:25 PM
I was scared of the commeral for Mewtwo in the first movie...then I grew to like the show.

Musashi+Kojirou
May 28th, 2004, 08:11 PM
My oldest sister asked me, "Have you heard of that stupid little cartoon Pokemon?"
(except with more colorful word choice).
And that was the first time I heard of it... so the first few months of knowing just what it was I ignored it... and then when it became really popular in school I liked it... then eventually loved it ^_^

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
May 28th, 2004, 09:14 PM
I thought Pokemon was a stupid little fad, that would go away **HOPEFULLY** I despised it!

~Dazed and Confused Mayn

AngelWolfie
May 29th, 2004, 04:42 AM
I was in the 3rd grade...And EVERYONE was obsessed with pokemon, I even saw stuff on the news about fights over pokemon cards, and how pokemon stuff was banned from schools...people at school almost always had stuffed pokemon toys, Ash action figure things, etc...I thought, 'How stupid...hopefully it'll just go away...' But then I learned about all the pokemon and then knew more about it than anyone else in the class! ^^

jokestr2004
May 29th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Yeah... I was instantly hooked on it for some reason... I dunno why... just something about it... when I was like 7...

And by the end of first grade, I had every Pokemon and type memorized, and was almost through Pokemon Red. About everyone at school that knew about it asked me for cheats and help and how to beat something... and that reputation lead up till today... every time I battled someone... *excluding my brother* I won....

...also except for the time my friend used a level 255 Cloyster and beat me... but that was cheap.

jynx
May 29th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Silly unbiological cartoon.

But now I discovered that all Pokemon theories are ALL BIOLOGICAL THEORIES!
That's why I'm still investigating Pokemnon.

Pikachu Fan38
May 30th, 2004, 10:44 AM
The first time I watched Pokemon was because I knew it was Nintendo related.And since I like anything that involves Nintendo I watched it.But then I stopped liking it and then I started liking it again.

_fr0z3n_
May 30th, 2004, 12:16 PM
When I first saw an advertisement I thought the Pokemon were animals and I was like "... what animal is this yellow thing?!" (Pikachu lol), then I saw the first episode and I liked it lots! Pikachu is still one of my favorite Pokemon *-*.

Aggron91
May 30th, 2004, 12:22 PM
well i did think it was weird until i saw the first episode, then i got red finished it all ( u get a diploma, what a gip) i was strangely addicted as was most of my class

RAziken
May 30th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I saw the anime before the game, and I thought it was stupid (still do). I do love the games though.