PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi and router-related help

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hiroshi Sotomura
July 30th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Given the number of Wi-Fi help requests and such for our flooded forum, all Wi-Fi and router-related questions can go here.

Just for the note, however, Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Connector help should be asked via Nintendo's technical support.

twocows here
I've noticed a lot of people who need help setting up WEP. I'd like to point out that WEP is enabled by default on over 90% of routers and wireless modems. If you try to connect and it asks for authentication, you're probably using WEP. The WEP key (what you need to start a connection) is usually printed somewhere on the router.

If you're certain your router isn't using WEP already, you'll need to enable it through the router settings page. You have to be connected to your router to do this. You can access this by entering the default gateway address for that connection into your browser while connected. To find the default gateway address, open up a command prompt and enter the following command letter for letter:
ipconfig | find "Default Gateway"Note that the "|" is not an uppercase "I" or a lowercase "l", but the shift + \ character. If you get multiple results (meaning you have other network interfaces running), try each of the addresses until you get to your router's settings page.

Once you reach your router settings page, check all the settings and such until you find one where you can change between options such as WEP, WPA, and no encryption. I can't give specifics on this because every router's settings page is different. It may help to use Google to find specifics for your particular model. If there is no WEP key set, you'll need to enter one yourself; I believe it needs to be either 13 or 26 hexadecimal characters or digits (I could be wrong). Other than these two things, do not change any settings. Once you have set up WEP, look for a button near the bottom to save your settings. Your router may have to reset, and you'll probably need to set up a new connection on your computer with the new settings.

Finally, please read this FAQ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=237843) for Nintendo WiFi-related questions before posting them.

Dave-o-rama
July 31st, 2007, 07:08 AM
im gonna get a nintendo DS (and pearl) soon, and im just curious, but does the WiFi come with the DS? or do i have to get it separately?

Chikara
July 31st, 2007, 07:13 AM
If you have wireless internet, like Clearwire, you can get it for free. If not, you have to go to the store and but a USB connector for it.

It won't work on Vista, yet, so if you have XP, you should be fine with the connector.

Horo
August 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
I can't connect cos it keeps saying my SSID isn't confirmed.

Whats that mean

SilverZexion
August 3rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
Me too, I want wifi really bad, Im using somthing called a D-Link. I get an access point but it keeps saying connection fail. I need help, please.

Dave-o-rama
August 4th, 2007, 12:11 PM
If you have wireless internet, like Clearwire, you can get it for free. If not, you have to go to the store and but a USB connector for it.

It won't work on Vista, yet, so if you have XP, you should be fine with the connector.

thanks! *hopes he can remember*

Nuke
August 4th, 2007, 12:15 PM
How much do the USB connectors cost?

Cherrim
August 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM
The suggested price of the Nintendo USB connectors is about $35 US.

SilverZexion
August 6th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Its a fair price cause U can use it on any WIFI game, U dont have to buy one for every wifi game, U just need one.

donpatchi-risu
August 11th, 2007, 03:35 PM
i currently live in a house built on wi-fi, My dad worked on the 802.11 spec, and we have in industrial capacity router, and a whole bunch of wi-fi toys (spectrum analyser, ect..), but at the end of the day, MY DS WONT WORK WITH IT. i think the problem is in the router, the DS wont connect, even with security off!! its an experemental industrial router, made by Extracom, the Israeli start up company my dad works for. it should connect to it like any other router, the Wii did, but the spectrum analyser says it keeps sending the same packet over and over again. if anyone else knows what 2 do let me know, thanks in advance,.... i guess

Shiraishi
August 12th, 2007, 02:01 AM
My wi-fi worked fine until a few minutes ago. It just wont light up anymore..

donpatchi-risu
August 12th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Forget about my last post, i found a lynksys that does A,B&G in my basement, and the ds works with it just fine, but the phone and microwave interfere (no big :D)
dont ya hate 2.4 gig phones? they dont share like 802.15 does.
(bluetooth)

Shiraishi
August 15th, 2007, 06:54 AM
I checked nintendowifi.com and there is nothing about this.

I've been battling a lot over the past few weeks and suddently my wi-fi connector just stops lighting up, I un-installed the regristation tool and tried to re-install it. Apparently it says 'Please put in the wi-fi USB connector' and its already in my USB port. Obviously, my internet is fine. Has anyone experienced the same problem? If so, please post solutions..I dont wanna be kicked outta my clan D:

Shiny Umbreon
August 22nd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Can anybody help me with this?

I have a router that isn't in either the compatible or the incompatible list of Nintendo WiFi page (It's a D-Link, though). Note that it doesn't identify the IP Address by its own, I have to enter it manually. I tried and could trade normally the first day. After that, it sometimes manages to enter a few moments, then gets disconnected. Also, most of the time I test the connection it's fine. It's when I connect through Diamond. I have tried taking the FireWall away and everything, but I don't know what else to try. Can this be a router problem? Strangely, I have never had any problems at all when playing Metroid Prime Hunters.

Another thing: If I buy the USB thing, will I have problems about the IP Address or the inability to connect or is it something completely apart that ALWAYS works. I don't want to waste my money.

Bitter
August 22nd, 2007, 03:52 PM
OK I just got my DS and I need to set up my WiFi, but I don't see any settings or anything on my DS startup screen for WiFi.

I want to use my wireless connection from my house, by the way, not hotspots or anything just yet. Thanks.

Bitter.

Shiny Umbreon
August 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
^I know, Pokémon should come with a WiFi guide as MPH did.

Anyway, check www.nintendowifi.com first for instructions.

Bitter
August 22nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
where do i go on nintendowifi.com?

EDIT: nevermind i got it set up :) thanks for the link. i navigated my way around and got the info i needed. thanks!

Hideki~kun
September 3rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
Isn't my problem, but a friends.
When she connects to her router through her Wii it works fine but with her DS it doesn't work at all, any ideas?

SerenadeDS
September 6th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I had a Question that is REALLY bugging me. I keep getting "Error code # 52000 Unable to Obtain IP Address" Ive been doing research on NintendoWiFi.com, but I come up with nothing. I have NO CLUE what to do, and it really bothers me... I have Wireless router, Ive got everything I should need Im sure... Anyone help?

My Wi-Fi is working now. Haha...

Zet
September 16th, 2007, 02:57 AM
hey guys and girls, I've found a program that monitors nintendo's wifi server but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to it but it's called WFCStatus, it should be the first link in google if you search for it

StrickeN
October 5th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah I get a connection status of ok when I connected to my router but for some reason pokemon says "connection failed" I just dont get it. I have a belkin54g router and I'd love to play on the wifi stuff help plz? :)

airconditioning
October 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Hey, I recently bought the Nintendo WiFi USB Adapter, but I can't get it to work. I was able to install it fine, with no trouble. However, whenever I have the Adapter's connection on, I can't connect to the internet. My Wii can connect to the Adapter, but my PC loses its ability to access the internet. If I turn the connection off, I can connect to the internet, but the Adapter is turned off, meaning my Wii can't connect to it at all. Can anyone help me or tell me what to do?

Comp Specs:
P4 CPU 3 GHz
1 GB RAM

Znale
November 4th, 2007, 10:44 AM
There's a really weird thing that has been annoying me for a while now.

It's when I try the Wi-Fi Connection in the WFC Settings, it works perfectly.
But, when I try to log in to the GTS or the Wi-Fi in general in my Pokémon Diamond, it doesn't work, although I get three bars of signal. What is this all about?

Oh, some code that says (20100) appears under the "For help, check the..." text, but everything seems fine according to the Error Code shizzle at nintendowifi.com. So, what is this?!

If you need more info to solve this, just ask.

TY
November 4th, 2007, 05:13 PM
My wireless router stop working while ago the light won't com on and it says USB device not recognized onw of the USb devices attached to the computer has Malfuncition it my second router it acting like the first one I had. Also when I have a acess point with two or three signal bars and I test it connection it won't work.

Gummy
November 4th, 2007, 07:03 PM
My wireless router stop working while ago the light won't com on and it says USB device not recognized onw of the USb devices attached to the computer has Malfuncition it my second router it acting like the first one I had. Also when I have a acess point with two or three signal bars and I test it connection it won't work.

I believe I had a similar problem. Try turning off your Firewall during installation and while you're trying to connect. Of course, don't forget to turn it back on when you're finished.

Znale
November 5th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I had a Question that is REALLY bugging me. I keep getting "Error code # 52000 Unable to Obtain IP Address" Ive been doing research on NintendoWiFi.com, but I come up with nothing. I have NO CLUE what to do, and it really bothers me... I have Wireless router, Ive got everything I should need Im sure... Anyone help?

You can check the routers IP and the Subnet Mask through the Internet address you used to install the router and its security settings (It should be displayed in the instrution booklet of the security settings for the router). Then just enter them manually to your DS and it should work. If it doesn't, then there's some device that uses some wireless communication system that is "blocking the path", such as a cordless phone. And nintendowifi.com actually helps, you just need to know where to search. =P

Obito.
December 28th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Can someone help me? I can only connect my DS when i reset my router.

Geometric-sama
December 28th, 2007, 05:33 AM
More details, please? Your computer is running, but you need to reset your router to connect? What happens when you reboot your computer? What if you disconnect your DS and try to reconnect?

Obito.
December 28th, 2007, 06:27 AM
no, i have to reset the router or it wont connect.

and it kept disconnecting me when i was trying to trade pokemon yestarday!!!!

Obito.
December 29th, 2007, 08:01 AM
but it lets me do battles

NidoKang
December 30th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Does anyone use the Wi-Fi USB connector?? If so..do you have it working with Vista? Cant get mine to work.

I posted in this section because its the DS section. If im wrong for doing so. close it and ill search else were.

Olz.
December 31st, 2007, 12:15 AM
I have a wireless router... + Windows XP,

Check www.nintendowifi.com (http://www.nintendowifi.com)

That helped me ^^

Team Poison
December 31st, 2007, 03:15 AM
NidoKang mate this might help you it is the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector software update which should work with Window Vista!

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/usb/Nintendo_WFC_USB.zip

Hope That Helps!

El Gofre
December 31st, 2007, 04:21 AM
As long as you've installed the disk it should work :)

NidoKang
December 31st, 2007, 10:41 AM
The problem iv been getting is after its all installed and everything and its on the last and final step, It says to Enter the WiFi USB connector again, And its already plugged in. So i replug it in, and it says "application error" and shuts down.

Celebi^^
December 31st, 2007, 12:42 PM
I had the EXACT same problem with my USB. I went to future shop and bought a wireless router for 39.99. I didn't have to install any disks or anything, I just had to hook it up, which was child's play lol, and it worked straight off the bat.

You should get a wireless router they do wonders for online play, no wires needed! ^^ I use Windows XP, but the router I bought is compatable with Vista (just like all the other more expensive ones they were buying).
Just buy a cheap one and it will work. It works with the wii also.

Gloomymort
January 1st, 2008, 01:26 PM
ok
i really dont have a clue about how to set up the wierless ness on ds

i dont know what a wep key is or how to get one i really dont know what i should be doing
is it worth while getting a usb adaptor?
if i get one will it connect me straight away or will i need to fiddle with it?

please i really need loads of help...

Gloomy

Edit!
my Wii is now connected yay!! and i can now battle online!
now i need my DS on the wifi and im cool!

gnarkill48050
January 5th, 2008, 09:25 PM
my freind code doesnt work with others on wifi many people have said that it doesnt work when they try it and ive checked over it and how ive typed it has this ever happened to anyone else

BDT
January 6th, 2008, 02:48 PM
My BIG problem that my Nintendo WiFi USB Doesnt work.
It can find the USB but when it goes to connection Test it fails and Error Code 52103 comes up, ive un-installed it and re-installed it with McAffe Fire wall or the hole McAffe it self off or even keep it on, and it was working fine couple days ago only now it stars to go like this, yes ive had this problem before but now ive had it for 3-4 days non stop, and i really want to trade Pokemon so what can I do.
If anyone can help me out I will be greatfull and friends forever hehe

Cheers

Dark Azelf
January 11th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Well my Wifi USB connector has been fine ever since ive had it (since August). However The past week when ive wanted to battle/trade, it lets me get onto the place where you accept or invite battles and trades, but when either me or my battle/trade partner wants to accept/invite it just disconnects me or them. Its strange because it lets me do trades on the GTS.

Do you think i should buy another one ?

And Id appreciate if someone could shed some light onto this.

Olz.
January 11th, 2008, 10:25 AM
If it says: A Communication error as occured

Remove all cell phones/mobiles and make sure the microwave isn't on. They scrable siganls. It helped me! :D

Dark Azelf
January 11th, 2008, 10:45 AM
If it says: A Communication error as occured

Remove all cell phones/mobiles and make sure the microwave isn't on. They scrable siganls. It helped me! :D

Yeah it does say that, however no cell phones are in the vicinity and neither is the microwave.

Its been working fine until this last week, its might just be that my USB has just had enough. Whats strange though is that it lets me on the GTS and trade =S.

So I havent got a clue X[.

Olz.
January 11th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Hmm, maybe your internet connection isn't strong enough to battle? I don't know for that sure. Sorry :(

Amachi
January 11th, 2008, 04:36 PM
If you looked at the stuck threads you would have seen the Wi-Fi and router-related help thread, where this should have been posted.

Also, Just for the note, however, Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Connector help should be asked via Nintendo's technical support.

merged

Dr.Stiles
January 16th, 2008, 07:32 PM
hi everyone uhm....this might sound strange
but i can use nintendo wifi playing pokemon pearl on my ds you know trading battiling...etc
but when i play my other wifi compatible games it wont connect to my wireless router not even pick up the signal
my other wifi games are mario kart ds
and animal crossing wild world

it is really strange but wifi on pokemon pearl works fine

unown_hunter
February 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM
OK so my laptop has a G3 connection and i was wondering, since i have a nintendo wifi connector, wether or not i could use the connector with the G3.

any and all help appreciated

Gerri Shin
February 5th, 2008, 08:54 AM
If your using Windows XP then yes, the Nintendo WIFI adapter will work, If your using Vista It won't.

unown_hunter
February 5th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I tried and its telling me that it is unable to connect.

Live in Color
February 20th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Alright I've been having troubles with my Wifi...

I connected to Wifi on Bleach DS and it worked perfectly fine.

Now on Pokemon Diamond I go downstairs the Pokecenter to battle my friends and they can't see me online, neither can I see them. I've triple checked I give the right FC and that I got theirs right as well.

Can anyone help?

mewtwo25
February 24th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I have the error code 20100 and I dont know what's wrong please help

Mr.Roserade
March 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Alright, on at least half my trades i do i get the error code 86420. I checked nintendo site but to no avail..i turn my firewall off but that doesnt really help, but uh maybe its others firewalls??

Gloomymort
March 29th, 2008, 03:19 PM
i dont have a clue on how to connect my ds to wifi
my wii is fine *loves wandering the net on the wii*
but how in the hell do i get my ds online!
my isp is sky and i have a netgear router i dont know what my WEP code is or how to find it
the whole thing is SO enfuriating!
thanks for any help you can give
Gloomy

kevinkjb81
March 29th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I dotn have any problems with my WFC and i dont use one of the routers on nintendowifi.com. I have a Westell versalink 327w. although I get an error when i try to connect trough the linksys range expander.

@Gloomymort: you can find out information on your router at 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.123.254. you have to have a wifi enabled game also.

Kakashi xshadowx
April 4th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Hiya,

I've got a little problem with wifi and it doesn't solve itself:(
Since a few days i got a error code 86420 when i try to trade with someone.
I've traded people in the past over wifi, but now i can't do anything anymore :(

Does anyone has any clues how to fix this problem?

Thnx in advance,
Kakashi xshadowx

WeisseEdelweiss
April 6th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I couldn't find a tech support here or something similar..
but has anyone else been having trouble trying to connect via Nintendo DS wifi?
I can't see my friends or make a connection with them with, at times, error 61010.

Mr.Roserade
April 6th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Kakashi, i have the same problem, um did anyone install any new firewalls,antispyware, ect.? I can only connect with MAYBE half the people i try to connect with =/

Dr.Stiles
April 8th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Can anyone please help me?
Ive posted here before but I got no response >_>
So I will post again >_<

Ok heres my problem
Its with my wifi on animal crossing wild world and mario kart ds
I am not able to do anything wifi wise on these games T_T
But on pokemon pearl my wifi works perfectly o_O
I keep on getting the (53100) error code when I play acww and mario kart
But pearl works fine

So I know that sounds really strange becuase im using the same wifi connection for all those games
But when I try to connect to wifi on those two games it wont even pick up the signel
And I also play wifi games on my wii and it works perfectly fine
also on my psp
But not on those two ds games

So can anyone please help me? T_T
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

kevinkjb81
April 11th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Can anyone please help me?
Ive posted here before but I got no response >_>
So I will post again >_<

Ok heres my problem
Its with my wifi on animal crossing wild world and mario kart ds
I am not able to do anything wifi wise on these games T_T
But on pokemon pearl my wifi works perfectly o_O
I keep on getting the (53100) error code when I play acww and mario kart
But pearl works fine

So I know that sounds really strange becuase im using the same wifi connection for all those games
But when I try to connect to wifi on those two games it wont even pick up the signel
And I also play wifi games on my wii and it works perfectly fine
also on my psp
But not on those two ds games

So can anyone please help me? T_T
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Are you using a router or Wi-Fi Connector

Dr.Stiles
April 24th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Are you using a router or Wi-Fi Connector

I am using a wireless router

Zowayix
June 1st, 2008, 04:47 AM
I have a weird problem.
I tried connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection (on the opening menu where it says new game/continue/etc.) and it gave me an error code, so I went to nintendowifi.com and it said that my router model is not compatible with nintendo WFC.
The weird thing is that when I chose "search for an access point", my router shows up with a blue unlocked icon. If it was incompatible, shouldn't it be a gray locked icon?

Does this mean that there is no way whatsoever to connect to Nintendo WFC using my wi-fi router? And why does the router show up as a blue unlocked icon if it is incompatible?

Since my router doesn't work, how can I connect to wi-fi?

iLike2EatPiez
June 7th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I'm having trouble with my USB WiFi Connector. It's been installed before, and it ran for my Wii perfectly, without problems. It was unplugged and went unused for a while. The computer went virtually unchanged while I didn't use WiFi for a week or so, but it didn't work again. Here's what happened:

I plugged it back in. The computer popped up with a message as if it did not recognize the device, and the WiFi registration tool was unresponsive when I tried to use it.

I re-installed the WiFi USB Connector, using the driver software CD that came with it.

WiFi is supposedly installed, but the Registration Tool does not appear anywhere on the computer, and the Nintendo WiFi website doesn't seem to have much info if any on how to fix this.

If it helps, I'm trying to connect it to my Wii (which it HAS been connected to before). I am also using a Vista, and have gotten the download that allows the USB Connector to work with Vista. I think the most likely problem is that I'm saving the Vista download in the wrong place, because when I click "Save", it opens directly to "My Documents", which doesn't seem right.

Please, if anyone knows how to get the Registration Tool to appear, let me know; I'm desperate to get my WiFi working again. *is attacked by boredom*

Gerri Shin
June 7th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I'm having trouble with my USB WiFi Connector. It's been installed before, and it ran for my Wii perfectly, without problems. It was unplugged and went unused for a while. The computer went virtually unchanged while I didn't use WiFi for a week or so, but it didn't work again. Here's what happened:

I plugged it back in. The computer popped up with a message as if it did not recognize the device, and the WiFi registration tool was unresponsive when I tried to use it.

I re-installed the WiFi USB Connector, using the driver software CD that came with it.

WiFi is supposedly installed, but the Registration Tool does not appear anywhere on the computer, and the Nintendo WiFi website doesn't seem to have much info if any on how to fix this.

If it helps, I'm trying to connect it to my Wii (which it HAS been connected to before). I am also using a Vista, and have gotten the download that allows the USB Connector to work with Vista. I think the most likely problem is that I'm saving the Vista download in the wrong place, because when I click "Save", it opens directly to "My Documents", which doesn't seem right.

Please, if anyone knows how to get the Registration Tool to appear, let me know; I'm desperate to get my WiFi working again. *is attacked by boredom*

well for one thing, the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector shouldn't work with Vista, It was made specifically for XP and was taken off the market before Vista was launched. my advice, If you have access to an XP computer nearby, try installing everything on that and see if that works. If it doesn't then there's probably bigger problems like a possible burn-out (which was why they were taken off the market)

iLike2EatPiez
June 7th, 2008, 04:56 PM
well for one thing, the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector shouldn't work with Vista, It was made specifically for XP and was taken off the market before Vista was launched. my advice, If you have access to an XP computer nearby, try installing everything on that and see if that works. If it doesn't then there's probably bigger problems like a possible burn-out (which was why they were taken off the market)

Actually, there's software that allows it to work with Vista that you can download from the site (see here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineUSBDownload.jsp). And, it's worked on the same Vista before. Same Connector, same computer.

EDIT: Okay. Now that I tried the Vista setup for the USB Connector, it fully loaded, but at the end it says "Internet Sharing Error", and fails to download. Does anyone know what this is about?

5tat3
June 13th, 2008, 05:26 AM
im not sure if this is the rite place but where can you buy the usb cord so you can plug it into your comp n use the net ???

Kagome
June 13th, 2008, 06:31 AM
do u mean a nintendo USb connetor

5tat3
June 13th, 2008, 06:36 AM
uhhh yea that would be it

Kagome
June 13th, 2008, 07:06 AM
ok then i dont know if there selling it anymore cause im looking for it to and no luck and u may find it at wal-marrt,target,circet city and bestbuy but i heard that they stop makeing it in my city but u proble still have a chance to find it

5tat3
June 13th, 2008, 07:30 AM
ok thank u very much filllerrr

Kagome
June 13th, 2008, 07:38 AM
ok your welcome ......hope u find it

Virtual Chatot
June 13th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Nintendo has stopped production of the Nintendo WiFi USB Adapter, so I doubt you'll find one very easily.

You may be able to find one at Amazon or on eBay.

Motsuko Live
June 13th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Wait... wtf? Do you mean those little USB adapters about 3 inches long that, when plugged into the USB port on your computer, enable wi-fi use with the DS and Wii? I just bought one at Wal-Mart. I'd say... 2 weeks ago? Mind you, I live in Canada, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Voltagenic
June 13th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Good luck finding one. Nintendo has stopped making them, and they've been pulled from the shelves.

When you find one, go here (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineUSBDownload.jsp) to download the latest software for it, so it'll keep working.

羨望
June 13th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Whats the meaning getting Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector just use a cheap Wi-Fi USB it will work just as fine as the Nintendo one depending on Gigaherhtz and Wireless,Wi-Fi b,Wi-Fi n,Wi-Fi g .Example a 24.Ghz.This little device will work for you Wii,DS and everything that as Wi-Fi.If you just want one just because is build by Nintendo Good Luck finding one.

~RNC~
June 15th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I hope this is the right place for this.
I started having trouble last nite with it, so this morning I tried to log in and at 1st it told me no access in range, then I fiddled withit a bit, and it would show my wi-fi icon popping up that I was logging in but not on my ds screen, so I went in and un-installed it so that I could re-install it, well now it is giving the message when downloading "internet connection sharing error (5)"
I have done nothing different and this problem just started yesterday, any help REALLY appreciated!!

Shyok
June 15th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I hope this is the right place for this.
I started having trouble last nite with it, so this morning I tried to log in and at 1st it told me no access in range, then I fiddled withit a bit, and it would show my wi-fi icon popping up that I was logging in but not on my ds screen, so I went in and un-installed it so that I could re-install it, well now it is giving the message when downloading "internet connection sharing error (5)"
I have done nothing different and this problem just started yesterday, any help REALLY appreciated!!

I've had this happen to me, go to your control panel then go to your network connection settings, go to your connected internet connection and go to Advanced, and enable internet connection sharing, both checks or if that doesnt work go to exceptions on firewall settings and make sure nintendo wifi is on the list.

~*Champion Shirona*~
June 15th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Oh i am sorry to hear this. The above posters reply should really help. Also if the problem persists. When you start D/P go to Wi-Fi settings and try deleting your current saved connection. You can re-set the connestion. I hope that will work.

:16:

Dr Gregory House
June 15th, 2008, 09:35 PM
yep. and also make sure that everything is inputted correctly, because if one letter isn't CAPS or whatever then that can also screw it up.
you might also wan't to check if the router is blocking any outside connections.

~RNC~
June 19th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Ok I tried what the 2nd poster said and for some reason it tells me that i can't enable the ICS, so I called my tech guy and he says a file has gotten deleted. How can a file just disappear? Anyways to the shop it goes on Monday. Thanks for the help!!

Rogue_Ninja
June 19th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Ok I tried what the 2nd poster said and for some reason it tells me that i can't enable the ICS, so I called my tech guy and he says a file has gotten deleted. How can a file just disappear? Anyways to the shop it goes on Monday. Thanks for the help!!

When you did the uninstall did you go into the SoftAP folder and do the DEREMOVE. They recomend doing this at the nintendo help site. If you didnt try that and reinstall.

They are touchy if I close my laptop and it goes to sleep with the wifi dongle in and active then when i wake it up it does not work, i have to restart my laptop.

I still can not get the wifi adapter to work with my desk top. It worked once or twice then never again. But it works great on my laptop.

~RNC~
June 19th, 2008, 12:36 PM
When you did the uninstall did you go into the SoftAP folder and do the DEREMOVE. They recomend doing this at the nintendo help site. If you didnt try that and reinstall.

They are touchy if I close my laptop and it goes to sleep with the wifi dongle in and active then when i wake it up it does not work, i have to restart my laptop.

I still can not get the wifi adapter to work with my desk top. It worked once or twice then never again. But it works great on my laptop.

Yes I did that, you see I just got it back from the shop and cleaned of some viruses, the tech said that one of the viruses may have deleted the file that is needed for the isc to run correctly. Don't know which though.

Horizon
June 19th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I think this belongs better in Computer/technology Discussion.

*moves*

Katnip
June 20th, 2008, 06:29 AM
I have Pearl, and I'm dying to get Wi-Fi connection. I asked my dad to look into a USB connecter, and he told me they cost up to 200 dollars, so it's out of the question. Where is it possible for me to get free Wi-Fi connection?

Gerri Shin
June 20th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Usually local Libraries have wireless though you may experience slower connection due to the many people using it. You could, If you have Cable or DSL internet, get a regular wireless router and hook that into your hub. that would allow you to access the WiFi functions of your DS and in the future if anyone in you family gets a laptop they can use it for access to the internet.

Zet
June 20th, 2008, 06:57 AM
the Nintendo usb's should only cost around $60, don't know where your dad saw up to $200, though most places in a shopping mall have wireless networks for people to use

Amachi
June 20th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I think your dad is just lying to you. Call his bluff. Also, there's a thread already for these sorts of questions, so ...

merged

Tac One
July 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM
I'm having trouble with my Wi-Fi USB Connector, It will let me connect to the GTS but it will not let me connect to the Trade station in the 3rd floor of the Pokemon Center.

SwampertTrainer
July 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM
And pay, like, 150 bucks for the box??

.Vaporeon
July 6th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Add your ip address to your Ds.
It should connect to your router if the Ip isn't being used on any of your computers.

airconditioning
July 6th, 2008, 08:10 PM
And pay, like, 150 bucks for the box??

Er, wireless routers go for as little as $30. :/

SwampertTrainer
July 6th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Ok, I'm usually a total computer geek (own Photoshop and 3d program), but what's an IP address, and how do I connect my DS to it?

.Vaporeon
July 6th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Ok, I'm usually a total computer geek (own Photoshop and 3d program), but what's an IP address, and how do I connect my DS to it?

Every Computer has one.
Haha...
Load up you D/P on your ds.
Now where it says the options "Continue,New Game,Mystery Gift,Migrate from ____ and then it should say "Nintendo WFC Settings"..
Press A on that.
Follow the prompts.

airconditioning
July 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM

An IP address is the address given to your computer on the internet.

Of course, you need a Wireless router if you want to get online. Make sure you have one first.

SwampertTrainer
July 6th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I don't. But if I already have internet, and get a wireless router, does it just take the internet I already have, and then make it wireless?

airconditioning
July 6th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I don't. But if I already have internet, and get a wireless router, does it just take the internet I already have, and then make it wireless?

Pretty much, yes. There are also certain wireless routers that also serve as wired routers- meaning you can connect your regular wired internet through it, and then connect your DS to it wirelessly.

If your home network is set up similarly to mine (a number of computers connected to a single router, and you have your own personal computer), you can buy a small wireless router, connect your PC to it, and connect the new router to your current (wired) router. This way, it doesn't require a large amount of messing with your network, and it gets your DS online (I think).

MayorPork
July 6th, 2008, 10:30 PM
If my router works with my computer but not my DS is there anyway to share wi-fi?

THIRTY-SIX
July 7th, 2008, 12:04 AM
You have to go to the router settings and set it up so the DS is on allowed. You put in the address of the router in your browser… I think it's under the router or somewhere, I'm not really sure where because my brother does that stuff. ._.'

MayorPork
July 7th, 2008, 12:27 AM
It's an unsecured connection

Alakazam17
July 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Well, I just recently got a PCI card put into my computer. The Internet is of a much better quality, but it seems to have messed up my WiFi.

I have the Nintendo USB Connector, but it is not responding. Usually there would be a little green light flashing on it, but that has stopped. And when I try to connect to WiFi, it asks me to install the Connector that is already installed. :frustrated:

Also note that I happen to have 2 Connectors. The above happened to the first, which led me to start using the second. Now neither are working....

Can anyone provide some assistance on this matter. I'd really like to get back to battling soon....

mystletainn
July 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Moved to the Technology forum.

蜃気楼
July 8th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Wi-Fi doesnt work on linux for my computer

St. Anger
July 27th, 2008, 08:44 PM
THIS IS ANNOYING. My wifi ,when i try to battle/trade someone on wifi, gets a communication error right after it says "---- contacted you" and goes to the communicating...please standby area. I already tried re-setting my connection. HEEELLLLP!

airconditioning
July 27th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Error 86420, I presume?

How do you connect to WiFi? If you use the USB Connector, try to use the connector without the included extension cord. It's worked for me, oddly enough.

St. Anger
July 27th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I use a router, not the usb

airconditioning
July 27th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Oh. Sorry, then, I have no idea.

St. Anger
July 28th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Dang it, if my wifi was an annoying person, i'd choke it.

Guillermo
August 1st, 2008, 11:31 PM
xD Whenever i go on Wi-Fi it always says that my wireless router is stuffed. But it works just fine. Is this something wrong with my Wi-Fi or my Router? Please help as this is irritating me. because i want to get back on Wi-Fi and trade and stuff.

WeisseEdelweiss
August 3rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Greetings all,

For the past few days I've been having a trouble doing anything wifi with my Pokemon Diamond.
I have all 3 green bars lit up and connection is successful, but it stays frozen on trying to log me on.
Is it my game or everyone else, too?
Thank you all! ^^

Bug Catcher Nick
August 3rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
I can't get on. When searching for a connection I have full bars for about 20 seconds. Then it suddenly drops to none and I get a 4200 error.

Horizon
August 4th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Computer/Technology Discussion may provide more answers.

*moves*

Guillermo
August 4th, 2008, 01:29 AM
My Wi-Fi is just plain old stuffed up. All bars are lite and everything. Then when i get on and i challenge someone or/and trade with someone it freezes. It is very annoying.

dark_seeker
August 5th, 2008, 03:59 AM
im getting the wifi usb connector at end of month does that have to many problems

evilmagikarp94
August 5th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Mine is fine maybe America's is down

fer
August 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Sometimes I may have some problems simalar to you, but not often. This can happen because your router if your using one,may not be connected correctly and this could be the case,or if your using your computer with a usb cable plugged in sometimes it will not work correctly. Most likely causes usb cable not plugged in correctly,not connected to the internet on your pc,and wi-fi may be having some problems.

Aegis
August 5th, 2008, 02:11 PM
There's already a thread for Wi-fi help, so off to it we go~

-Merged-

LipstickTraces
August 6th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Will a multiple selection of wifi dongles work other than the nintendo branded one? I'm after one but on a tight budget, and I've read in places that the nintendo one is quite awkward messing about with. Saying that I used to have a dongle and it was a right pain until I got used to it. Basically, can I get any dongle and set it up so itll work with my DS?

Also does it work with windows vista or do i need xp?

dragonmastertim
August 24th, 2008, 10:06 PM
i'm confused at how to get wifi xD could you guys help me? i have diamond and pearl.

Haza
August 24th, 2008, 10:11 PM
One question, have you ever played on wifi with another game on DS before?

dragonmastertim
August 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM
no, i just play ingame xD. i want to play online because im pretty good.

King Syn
August 25th, 2008, 06:52 PM
You have to go buy a wireless router

Aurafire
August 25th, 2008, 06:55 PM
You have to go buy a wireless router

Yeah they aren't too hard to find...then just set it up. if you want to connect to your wifi on your DS, go into the Nintendo Wifi settings at the title screen.

Kryssi
August 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Well, my problem is that I've now had my DS for about 3 weeks, thus completing all of the standard Pokemon Pearl (only getting all obtainable legendaries, elite four and such) but now I've got my Pal Park... and I'd like to trade online with my Wi-Fi, as I don't have a game slot for advance games for my DS and I can't find any of my old games.

Anyway, the problem is, i've been trying to connect my DS to it's wi-fi for those 3 weeks that I've owned it. I've looked everywhere on nintendo's wi-fi internet page and nothing seems to help. I've tried to reset my router to get sufficient settings that I apparently need to connect up, but i can't seem to reset it and my mother has no idea where the router booklet that we have (NETGEAR), is. Now, the other day i tried to put in all of the correct settings for the IP, subnet mask, gateway and all that jazz... but it didn't work. So, another method I tried was using the search option to find what other portals I could use... but the ones it found were unsuitable and not in Nintendos list of security abled options. If you get me. So, I'm sitting here with a DS i can't use on wi-fi and i really would like all the 488+ pokemon :(

it's really frustrating as i no longer know how to obtain my primary and secondary DNS.

alecray
August 29th, 2008, 06:26 PM
how do i get wifi.can you tell me a simple way to get it?oh and if i get wifi i have a lvl 11 turtwig.

Paolo_MaSter
August 29th, 2008, 06:30 PM
do u have a wireless router ??

lilliwn
August 29th, 2008, 06:50 PM
You can read the Diamond/Pearl manual starting page 28,
there's very detailed guide on how to setup and use wifi....

King Syn
August 29th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Well I myself use a router,but you can get a ...usb......thingy.......

Lily Mew
August 29th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Don't do that! That's not very nice. Well, it depends - there is one of three ways, I think.

1. Use a USB Port that hooks into your Nintendo DS (you can buy this at walmart.com) if you don't have DSL.

2. If you have DSL, you need a router. A router can use the signal and bounce it all around your house - so you could be in the bedroom and probably get a signal.

3. I think there is a way to get on wifi on wii, but since I don't own an actual Wii, I don't know, except it deals with cards for $10 and up.

shinkita
August 30th, 2008, 06:05 AM
You could just connect to your neighbor's router..

Dukey
August 30th, 2008, 06:06 AM
you can get a usb or a usb connector which connects your DS to ure computer/internet

Alakazam17
August 30th, 2008, 06:07 AM
You can only connect to a router if you use WEP. I have a router that uses WPA, so I had to get the USB thing. So if you have a router, make sure it's the kind that works with WiFi.

Moi.
August 30th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Alakazam - all routers have wep, but many dont come with one at the begining so you have to set yourslef one.

Alakazam17
August 30th, 2008, 07:54 AM
No, they don't all have it. Newer routers have WPA, not WEP. I know, because I have WPA.

Proto
August 30th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Merging alecray's thread into the existing wifi/router help thread in Computer/Tech~

(Scroll back a page to find your posts.)

Kryssi
August 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Okay, so the update with mine is that I have all the neccessary settings (DNS, IP, Subnet etc) done, and when I try to connect, it searches for ages (well testing the connection) I think only once that i've done that it's gone to all 3 bars, but i keep getting the error code : 52100.
yet i visited the nintendo wi-fi site and nothing seems to be clear about what I need to do. It says something about my firewall, but i don't know what to do :(
i don't understand as my Wii is perfectly fine on our router.

DialgaDiamond
September 1st, 2008, 04:26 AM
Hey, I know, I bet this is the wrong section, please don't yell at me.

Okay, so when I was trying to connect my DS to the Wi-Fi it said that my internet can't connect to Nintendo DS's or somthing like that? So who has Wi-Fi and it works well? If you do have Wi-Fi, could you tell me which Internet connection you use?

I have Westell.
It's also wierd because the Wi-Fi on my Wii works fine...

.Vaporeon
September 1st, 2008, 04:30 AM
Hey,

Yes,this is in the wrong section.It should be in the Computer's and Technology board.There is a thread for wifi and router releated help. Try looking there,it might help you...
Untill then,make sure that the Nintendo Ds's IP Number isn't clashing with another computers IP address in your house. =D
TLM

Archer
September 1st, 2008, 04:33 AM
Also, it should have an error code, look that up on Nintendo's Wifi site and get back to us.

DialgaDiamond
September 1st, 2008, 04:44 AM
Okay, I'll test it out and post the error code. Thanks!

Okay, now I have problem.
It didn't include an error code. Look:

http://i35.tinypic.com/25fu1xg.jpg (http://s4.tinypic.com/25fu1xg.jpg)
That's what popped up.

True Justice
September 1st, 2008, 05:03 AM
Well i'm quite sure there's nothing you can do if that message pops up. Does it show a grey padlock?

And this is the same Wi-Fi you use for the Wii correct?

Banjora Marxvile
September 1st, 2008, 05:03 AM
I know why. The DS's Wi-Fi is older than the Wii's. The Wii can use more access points than the DS as more Wi-Fi routers have been created between the DS and the Wii. Basically, the Wi-Fi router is too new for the DS but old enough for the Wii to use. I think that's why. Don't shout at me if I'm wrong. My friends does the same. Just get a USB Wi-Fi connecter for your computer. Its easier in my eyes...

wakachamo
September 1st, 2008, 05:42 AM
You're right and wrong.

Your DS is saying that basically the password type that is set on your router is not supported by your DS.

Try getting someone (or you yourself if you know how) to change the type of password to something that the DS can surely detect (a simple WEP key would be a start).

There are people who can explain this in a much better way, if only this was in Computer/Technology Discussion.

DialgaDiamond
September 1st, 2008, 06:19 AM
Okay! Thanks to everyone's help, IT WORKS!! Yay! Someone can close this now.

Kryssi
September 2nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
I'm still having problems getting my wi-fi to work. I search for all the routers, 3 come up and one of them (which my Wii uses) has a grey padlock besides it. The other two, of which I've edited one with the WEP key and things comes up with error 51200, the website doesn't really help me clarify what I actually need to do in order to run the wi-fi. This is getting annoying, and kinda expensive if I have to find a wi-fi USB cable (there's none on eBay).

~RNC~
September 13th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Ok is this where I can post about, ok let me see how to put this, I got a new usb connector and can't get it to install, if this is the wrong place could some one post a link to the right spot? Thanks

~RNC~
September 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Ok I posted this some where else with no luck in getting a reponse, so now I'll post it here in hopes of something.

I had a nintendo wi-fi usb connector, worked fine til it burnt up,
The 1st one is what I had

Ok I bought another and thought it would do the same as that one, as described in the description.
The 2nd is what I got.

Question, why can't I get the other one to work??
I downloaded the driver that was sent with it, but when the icons are on the task bar it tells me I'm not connected.

Virtual Chatot
September 13th, 2008, 06:36 PM
What's the brand of the new Wi-Fi adapter?

~RNC~
September 13th, 2008, 06:38 PM
It's EDUP

Mr. Epic
September 14th, 2008, 02:06 PM
It is probably like the Wifimax that has terrible driver problems, you could try searching for the latest drivers that may work for it and setting the settings required for it to work!

Amachi
September 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM
There already is a Wi-Fi related help thread stickied in this section.

merged

Iamme
September 19th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Well today i read if i hooked up my Ds to my desktop using a Usb Cable i could get Wi-Fi, i have a Wireless internet but nothing is happening when i connect it. Any help?

Iamme
September 19th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Okay, I'll test it out and post the error code. Thanks!

Okay, now I have problem.
It didn't include an error code. Look:

That's what popped up.
Same thing happened with me (Was a screenshot) scroll up, havent made 15 shots so cant post it

Gerri Shin
September 19th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I'm pretty sure the only application that a USB cable would provide is a cord to go to a USB Car Charger. the port on the back of the DS is simply a Power port, not a communications port.

Iamme
September 20th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I see, well i have a Router that apparently gives Wireless internet, its a TP-Link but everytime i try to connect i get the picture shown on the last page

Rich Boy Rob
September 20th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I think this goes here, but any who. Think you can help? We just renewed our Internet Security-Firewall-Virus decter thing, and I haven't tried to go on wi-fi since then, but now that I want to I can't, even when I turn the firewall off like I used to when I wanted to connect it won't let me. I went into wifi settings on my DS and did a scan for my nintendo wifi usb stick and the pc just ignored me, any ideas on what I should do?

El Gofre
September 20th, 2008, 10:30 AM
reinstall the usb software for a start, your new firewall may not trust it. Most FWs give you the option of trusting a piece of software when you install it, so you can make it a trusted program and hopefully a working one.

vladi1q1
September 20th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Do i need Router to make Ds WI-fi

Jaydin Knight
September 21st, 2008, 07:44 AM
My dad put up a higher security than the DS will support and he refuses to take it down. Is there a way for me to use Wi-Fi at my house anyway without taking down the security?

Red1530
September 21st, 2008, 12:57 PM
Do i need Router to make Ds WI-fiNo you do not need a regular router to use Wi-Fi if you buy the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. However it has been discontinued because the manufacture of the technology was successfully sued by CSIRO.

My question is it possible to change the frequency that a router operates on so it dosen't confict with cordless phones without having to buy new phones. This is the main reason I don't own a wireless router.

Chaostorm
September 22nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
I Cant Connect To Wi-fi and thats So boring without Wi-Fi Battle.... it was a long time ago that i couldnt connect to Wi-Fi for playing Wi-Fi Games. and the Error that comes to me when i try to connect:
(The access point,s security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS.)

thats the error. and my friend can connect to wi-f in his home with no errors. but when he try to connect in our home. the same error comes to him . i think becuz of the wireless that im using . can someone help me??

Ooka
September 22nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
You should ask this in the Technology section. They'll end up with better answers than we will most of the time.

Horizon
September 22nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Moved to Computer/Tech Discussion.

*moves*

Chaostorm
September 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
when i try to search for an access point. an error came out and says(the access point,s security settings are not Supported by the Nintendo DS) can someone help me??

Apple Inc.
September 22nd, 2008, 04:32 PM
Well is there any sort of Data encryption which requires you to type in a pin to access the network? That may be what's causing your problems.

Crissy
September 27th, 2008, 10:46 AM
How do I log on to WiFi to get my friend code, note that I have never used WiFi before xD

Sweet Speed
September 27th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Hey welcome to Pokecommunity. sorry but you posted this in the wrong place, If you want and help with your Hardware just post it in this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=96999) thread.

I'm not sure how to help you, have you connected you wirless internet properly and is your router working?

mystletainn
September 27th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Moved to the Computer/Technology Discussion forum.

Gerri Shin
September 27th, 2008, 07:06 PM
usually you when you first go into the downstairs of the Pokecenter, you will be given a pal pad for you friend codes however it's not until you actually go into the room and access wifi that you get your number. It should be a straight-forward process, being automatic in the pairing of the game with the DS and then accessing wifi. If you have a WEP password protecting your wireless router then you will have to set that up within your DS settings. (usually it's the third option when you go to continue your game, having the 'little DS with signal bars above' symbol)

mystery5556668
October 5th, 2008, 08:31 AM
does anyone know how to change the security setting on a wireless rouler?

wus6r
October 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
does the usb thingy work with macs?

Gerri Shin
October 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM
does the usb thingy work with macs?

as far as I know it only works with windows, however I just plugged it into m mac and in the system profiler is knows that its a Nintendo WiFi connector. whether or not I can connect with it, idk I use my regular router most of the time. (the software on the disc is windows, I know that though)

Raff
October 10th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Ok, if anyone here is computer smart, this is where YOU come in. Does anyone know how to, fix a Wireless Router that keeps sending the wrong IP address? this is major because without it I DONT have WIFI! T_T

Plus, I am scheduled to do some battling and I can't because of this! so, all of your help I will thank for!

Mr. Pokemon
October 15th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Ok, if anyone here is computer smart, this is where YOU come in. Does anyone know how to, fix a Wireless Router that keeps sending the wrong IP address? this is major because without it I DONT have WIFI! T_T

Plus, I am scheduled to do some battling and I can't because of this! so, all of your help I will thank for!
What do you mean wrong IP address? I think IP addresses are supposed to change (not sure about the router ones though.) Wouldn't a wrong IP address only mess up your Wi-Fi if you set it up manually? I didn't need to setup anything except plug the plug the router in. If you setup the settings manually, try setting up your connection automatically. As in, let the computer find the IP address.

LipstickTraces
October 17th, 2008, 06:47 AM
so whens it gonna be possible to get the usb dongle to work on vista? i tried it the other day with no success, but i did get just as far as i did when i tried it on my pc with xp.

Gerri Shin
October 17th, 2008, 07:54 AM
It should have worked on XP, no problem, all you have to do is go to Nintendo and get the updated software for Vista (here) (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/customersupport/downloadUSB.jsp)

LipstickTraces
October 17th, 2008, 10:41 AM
will this work with any wifi dongle? because i dont have the nintendo one but i do have a wifi dongle which i got off the internet? so far it isnt letting me install the software, it keeps trying to find the nintendo ds dongle.

or do i need a different software for it?

Diddy Kong
October 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Blehhh, I hate asking for help, but I am completely baffled by this stupid iPod Touch. XD;

Okay, so...basically, I really want to get onto the Wi-Fi stuff and access PC, MSN, Myspace, etc. on my iPod Touch. The problem is that the networks available for me to use are all password encrypted. Now, I can't even tell if whatever this network is...is actually mine. But, it requires a password and I've been trying to figure out what it was for quite some time.

We never put a password onto the network or anything on the router, so...I've got no idea what to do for this. ;;

The only information I've been able to find is that I need a...WEP password or encryption key. D: I appreciate the help, so any and all help as to how to get my WEP password/encryption key, or whatever, will make me happy. :D

bgt
October 17th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Blehhh, I hate asking for help, but I am completely baffled by this stupid iPod Touch. XD;

Okay, so...basically, I really want to get onto the Wi-Fi stuff and access PC, MSN, Myspace, etc. on my iPod Touch. The problem is that the networks available for me to use are all password encrypted. Now, I can't even tell if whatever this network is...is actually mine. But, it requires a password and I've been trying to figure out what it was for quite some time.

We never put a password onto the network or anything on the router, so...I've got no idea what to do for this. ;;

The only information I've been able to find is that I need a...WEP password or encryption key. D: I appreciate the help, so any and all help as to how to get my WEP password/encryption key, or whatever, will make me happy. :D

Do you have administration access to the router, Klippy?

Or do you know the ssid? You can view available networks by accessing Settings - General - Network - Wifi.

Your not really going to figure out the WEP Passkey unless your sniffing packets. But I doubt your doing that, so, figure out the ssid and the administration credentials if you own the network. If not, and your just using someone else's network, I would probably suggest speaking with the administration to obtain the passkey.

If your network is hidden, obviously its not going to show up. You can always configure it yourself manually by selecting Other and entering your network credentials.

Diddy Kong
October 17th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Do you have administration access to the router, Klippy?

Or do you know the ssid? You can view available networks by accessing Settings - General - Network - Wifi.

I should have admin. access. I don't see why I wouldn't, since it's my router and I set it up, etc. etc.

And..SSID? D: Never heard of that. Aaand, I have two available networks, hpsetup, which doesn't work, since it's for a printer. And OB2C6, which I believe could be mine. >:

bgt
October 17th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I should have admin. access. I don't see why I wouldn't, since it's my router and I set it up, etc. etc.

And..SSID? D: Never heard of that. Aaand, I have two available networks, hpsetup, which doesn't work, since it's for a printer. And OB2C6, which I believe could be mine. >:

Happen to know the manufacturer/model? Depending on the router, the administration url can differ.

Guitar God in Training
October 27th, 2008, 03:25 AM
I know this isn't really about DP but I had no idea where to post this.

So I was on Pearl last night and was about to use the GTS trading glitch to evolve my electabuzz but the message came up saying that the DS could not connect to any access points.(recently got new router and hadn't set up the DS for it)

The DS found the access point and I entered the WEP code but it came up with error 51300 and wouldn't connect.
The WEP code is definitely correct because my Wii, my brother's PSP and the 2 PCs and 2 laptops in my house have the exact same settings and can connect to the internet without any problems.

Also, I tried turning off the WEP code on the router and the DS wifi worked fine, but this stopped everything else from connecting to the router and I want to keep the WEP code for security reasons.

Anyone know how I could possibly fix this?

.Vaporeon
October 27th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Hey,

This is in the wrong place,mate =]
It should be in the Offtopic/Computer section. Located as a sub-forum at the bottom board.

Cheers,
-Neku Sakuraba

Horizon
October 27th, 2008, 04:05 AM
I'll move this off to the right place for you.

*moves*

Guitar God in Training
October 27th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Oh, thanks guys, I didn't know there was a section for computer stuff.

Chibi-chan
October 27th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I'll take this even further and move it to the Wifi help thread XD
Look around in that thread though, you might find your answer in another question.

*moved*

.Ozymandias
October 29th, 2008, 02:07 AM
My USB nintendo connector wont work. I have spoken to Nintendo about it, they tell me it's a setting on my computer that wont let the device connect to the internet (I did read the first post, but I'm asking about the windows settings not the wi-fi connector).

I'm pretty sure it's a firewall setting, but I've tried fiddling about with it and still the thing wont connect - the same thing happens to my standard wireless router. What am I missing? Any ideas?

lumbeelover13
October 29th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I'm new to the forums, and I am having trouble with wifi. I can find a connection, but no matter what I do, my DS can't seem to find an access point. I'm afraid that if I uninstall it, I will lose my Mesprit that is in my GTS. Can someone please help me?

Zebra Thunderhead
October 29th, 2008, 02:54 PM
This doesn't belong here; it belongs in the Tech Help Section.

-MOVED-

Mr. Pokemon
October 29th, 2008, 04:07 PM
If you can't even access Wi-Fi with your DS, which means no GTS, then you can still lose your Mespirit. Have you tried getting closer to your router? Change the channel to 11 or 1? (You can do that by going into your router's control panel. Mine is accessed by going to its IP adress. You can find yours at http://www.ip-adress.com/).

By the way, what is the brand of the router. And just one more question: did you just get it or has this router worked with your DS before?

lumbeelover13
October 29th, 2008, 04:13 PM
it worked earlier, its a usb connector. i get right in front of it, but it just wont work. I don't think i can change the channel on it.

Chibi-chan
October 29th, 2008, 04:16 PM
This is better fit for the WiFi troubles thread.
If you look at past questions, you may find your answer as well.

merged

Mr. Pokemon
October 29th, 2008, 04:32 PM
it worked earlier, its a usb connector. i get right in front of it, but it just wont work. I don't think i can change the channel on it.
USB connector... is that the Nintendo one or something you plug into your computer so your COMPUTER can access Wi-Fi?

If...

It's the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, then I'd just uninstall it and then re-install it. I don't have one, but I'm guessing that it came with some software. Uninstall that and re-install it. Tell me what happens.

It's a USB connector so your computer can access the Internet, then well that doesn't do anything for your DS. You need to connect to a router, not a USB adapter.

lumbeelover13
October 29th, 2008, 04:46 PM
let me be more definitive, it by nintendo for the ds to connect to wifi. it worked fine earlier, thats how i got my mesprit in the GTS. it worked perfectly, but now it wont connect to the access point, so I'm afraid that I will lose my mesprit.

Mr. Pokemon
October 29th, 2008, 04:48 PM
let me be more definitive, it by nintendo for the ds to connect to wifi. it worked fine earlier, thats how i got my mesprit in the GTS. it worked perfectly, but now it wont connect to the access point, so I'm afraid that I will lose my mesprit.
So did the Nintendo adapter come with its own software? Try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.

~RNC~
November 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Okit seems as if I'm having the same problems as alot of people.
I have been reading and I haven't gotten any real answers to my problem or how to fix it.
Ok my last usb connector burnt up, so I bought another, it was working fine and then about a week ago it stop for no reason.
I uninstalled the hardware and then tried to re-install, that's where I'm having trouble, it won't re-install it at all, it loads up to the point where it tells me to connect the adapter and then nothing else happens.
Any idea why it is doing this??
Thanks

yellowparrot
November 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I'm a new user to wi-fi and I was wondering about the idea of meeting certain people online at certain times. Do both people have to be online at the same time, or can they trade freely with the other person disconnected? I don't have wireless at home, I can only use it at school(and I can't go to the trade threads here at school to contact other people, cuz they blocked pokemoncommunity.com(thanks to me, no doubt:()). So, I was wondering about the idea of trading on wi/fi at lunch at one of these trade threads. Can I schedule to meet with someone at a certain time? Any help would be appreciated.

Pharue
November 9th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I'm a new user to wi-fi and I was wondering about the idea of meeting certain people online at certain times. Do both people have to be online at the same time, or can they trade freely with the other person disconnected? I don't have wireless at home, I can only use it at school(and I can't go to the trade threads here at school to contact other people, cuz they blocked pokemoncommunity.com(thanks to me, no doubt:()). So, I was wondering about the idea of trading on wi/fi at lunch at one of these trade threads. Can I schedule to meet with someone at a certain time? Any help would be appreciated.

Should've been in the Q&A Thread, I think, but anyways... Both people do have to be online at the same time, it's not like the GTS, unfortunately. That would be pretty cool, though. I'd advise just saying what times you're able to trade (include time zone, for instance, mine being PST), and hope for the best.

Zebra Thunderhead
November 9th, 2008, 03:54 PM
We have a thread designed specifically for Wi-Fi, in the Computer Discussion Forum. So I'll move that there for you. (:

-MOVED-

bgt
November 10th, 2008, 04:06 PM

If your trading with GTS, No. You can simply upload your Pocket Monster/Pokémon to the server and specify what you would like in return.

Trading w/ Friend Codes, Yes.

However, this is some-what off-topic to actual Wifi Help. It's relevant but on the other hand it more or less relates to Pokemon Wifi GTS Help, not Wifi & Router Help. Either way though, your question is answered.

Titan of Lightning
November 15th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Well, I've been trying to install my Nintendo USB Device onto my Windows Vista Laptop. I've been using installation Version 1.06, and it always comes as a Compressed File. When I extract it, it refuses to extract the following files:

Nintendo_WFC_USB (0 bytes)

NintendoWFCReg (0 bytes)
MDRIVER (0 bytes)
SoftAP (0 bytes)
U2G5 (0 bytes)
WinVista (0 bytes)
WinXp (0 bytes)
Win2000 (0 bytes)
WinVista (0 bytes)

Then, when I try to install it, it works out for the most part EXCEPT for the last few seconds, where an error notice goes up saying something like "Application Error (6)"

We had the Nintendo Wi-Fi on our computer previously, and it worked once, and it did until it asked for a password on one occasion. I didn't know it (I wasn't an Admin account on this computer at the time) so I asked my Dad to do it. The problem for him was he couldn't read what it was asking, so he cancelled it. It never worked since then. I uninstalled it, and then tryed to re-install it ever since. It hasn't worked obviously.

Could anyone please tell me what is going wrong?

Zet
November 15th, 2008, 11:53 PM
your problem is that everything is 0 bytes, here's a working download place, though it says wii, it works both for the DS and Wii (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineUSBDownload.jsp)

Mr. Epic
November 16th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Does anyone here know how to install the Datel Wifi Max on Windows XP SP3 properly so that it actually works?

Zet
November 16th, 2008, 06:02 AM
have you tried contacting Datel about it?

Mr. Epic
November 16th, 2008, 02:52 PM
It has always been a pain on previous computers, but with the help of Google I managed some how. There are so many different guides that only have one thing in common that is they all say don't get it :(
Now that I have SP3 on this new PC I looked on the official help site and they have new tutorials for SP3 but the PDF files seem Corrupt!

Titan of Lightning
November 16th, 2008, 03:17 PM
your problem is that everything is 0 bytes, here's a working download place, though it says wii, it works both for the DS and Wii (url would be there)

Well, I downloaded it exactly from there, again 1.06. When I have time, I'll download it to my computer with XP and transfer to my laptop with Vista, maybe that'll work.

EDIT: I found out that my computer's firewall was blocking it, so I unblocked it. I was unable to install it but I nearly got it to work. I searched and found the Registration thing, so I tried opening it while my DS tried to connect with it. Surprisingly, it almost worked. The problem was that the Registration thing didn't show up, so Windows would close it. I got some sort of error like 51099 or something, idk.

S.Bustathedog
December 3rd, 2008, 02:38 AM
I have a WifFi usb connector but when I try to install it it says Internet sharing error how can io get around that also im not allowed to install WinsockFix.exex so is there another way?

Chaostorm
December 3rd, 2008, 04:17 AM
i got a Problem with Wi-Fi!
when i connect with my Wireless Router. it says:
The Acces Point,s Security Setting is not Supported by Nintendo.

what shall i do??

blitzbear
December 3rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
okay my computer runs on wireless now and ive set all the stuff the ds asked me to (wep ssid etc) the only problem is its not letting me use the wifi ?????what is wrong with computer can anyone help me =)

is this thread in the wrong place ??

Spinor
December 4th, 2008, 12:02 AM
It's not your computer. It happens sometime when a few types of Internet Routers simply don't have connection to Nintendo Wi-Fi due to security reasons or just because.

Also, make sure you have any firewalls turned off if you are using an Adapter.

ArtekOublier
December 5th, 2008, 03:25 AM
I just recently got my wifi up and running. I was delighted at the prespect of being able to access the GTS finally without having to wait until i went to my bfs house. I did as it asked, searched for the network and entered the WEP key, that usually dois it, but it was saying it couldn't find an IP address. I looked up the setting for my router and under DCHP it had the nintendo ds as one of the things connected, even though it's not, it light up green for about half a minute then the reception goes again, I've been in ever room in the house to try it.
I've also tried entering the ip address, subnet mask as default gateways and dns servers, doing it manually through looking up the setting for my router. It still wont work. Can anyone help please?

thatrabidfangirl
December 14th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I went and bought Pearl, all excited that I'd be able to battle random people in Brazil. Then, TO MY HORROR, I discovered that my wireless was not WEP or WAP or something. So, what do I do? How do I WEP/WAP-ify it, or can I jsut go down to McDonalds and use the WiFi there?

Horizon
December 14th, 2008, 12:46 AM
You'll get more help over in Computer/Tech discussion.

*moves*

thatrabidfangirl
December 14th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Huzzah! Thankyou! I shall go immediately.

pokemon-fan
December 14th, 2008, 03:33 AM
how can i play with wifi in DS

Eon-Rider
December 14th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Read the instructions manual.

pokemon-fan
December 14th, 2008, 03:38 AM
I DON4T HAVE IT ...............................

please help //////////////////////

Gerri Shin
December 14th, 2008, 06:00 AM
you can go down to macdonalds and user their WiFi without any problems, but you real don't need a WEP password on your router to use your ds with it. just go into the WiFi settings and have your ds look for access points, it should detect your router and set it up for you to use if your router is set up without a password.

Zebra Thunderhead
December 14th, 2008, 07:01 AM
This belongs in the Tech forum.

-MOVED-

King Goodra
December 14th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I suggest you read this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=96999) thread to get some ideas on what to do and how to do it.

RedJ
December 18th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I have no clue where exactly to post this, so I put it where it seemed fitting. If this is incorrect, by all means move it to the correct place.

ANYWAY, heres the deal- I have Pokemon Pearl. I want to play Wi-Fi, only I dont have wireless internet. I know of a Adapter that allows you to play Wi-Fi without a wireless connection, only I keep hearing that its been discontinued, and also that they still sell them. So I wanna know the truth- do they still sell these adapters anywhere other than online?

Zet
December 18th, 2008, 07:53 PM
anything for wifi help goes in here

RedJ
December 18th, 2008, 08:03 PM
anything for wifi help goes in here

You know what? I actually saw this about the time you moved it and I felt so stupid. -_- But thanks anyway.

But I still need an answer to my question, so...anyone? xD

Gerri Shin
December 18th, 2008, 08:25 PM
While Nintendo hasn't come forward explaining the reason for the discontinuation of the device, manufacturers Buffalo Technology are reportedly no longer licensed to distribute it due to a successful recent lawsuit by Australian technology research agency CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation). As a result, the company has been prevented from trading in any products adhering to the 802.11a/g standards in the US, including the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector.
Nintendo, however, only states on their website that the device is discontinued and says that a standard wireless router should work with the Wii & DS. Here is their official statement:
"Please note: The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector has been discontinued until further notice. As an alternative for on-line access, Wii owners can use a standard wireless router, or the Wii LAN Adapter."
I don't think you're going to be able to find them in a store for quite some time. so it looks like you'll either have to get one off of ebay or similar site or spring for just a normal wireless router that can be picked up at almost any electronic store these days.

Event sammy
December 21st, 2008, 05:34 PM
i need help .. my ds wont connect to my Nintenod wifi usb connector any more but when i search for an access point for the wireless router it says that the access point's secuirty isn't supported by nintendo ds
the weird thing is my wii is connect jsut fine to the router any help?
btw its a neatgear router .. well thast what it says on the router .. and my dads firend set the router up for us

qweasd
December 26th, 2008, 07:14 AM
On Diamond, when I try to connect to WiFi, at either the Battle Tower or GTS, the game freezes and both screens go black. All other games work fine with WiFi. How can I fix this?

Artemis
December 26th, 2008, 08:31 AM
That isn't supposed to happen...ahev you checked ur router or something to see if ur wifi is hooked up correctly?

Zebra Thunderhead
December 26th, 2008, 08:36 AM
This belongs in the Wi-Fi Part of the Comp & Tech forum.

-MOVED-

qweasd
December 26th, 2008, 08:53 AM
That isn't supposed to happen...ahev you checked ur router or something to see if ur wifi is hooked up correctly?

yes, other games work fine.

foolfromhell
December 28th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I tried trading with 2-3 people here and 1 friend of mine in real life. Same problem, it doesnt register they are playing or says "xxx is unavailable", etc. Last night and today.

Kite Katsumi
December 28th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Edel and I tried trading the night before last...it was lagging very badly. And when we thought we finally got it to work...
I would put the trade invitation out, she'd apply, I'd get the "So and so wants to play with you!" screen...it would stay on that screen for awhile, then it would say "So and so failed to respond" and it wouldn't work. We tried several times, logging in & out..I even unplugged & replugged my router because sometimes that will fix it. But we couldn't get it to work. :/

~Kavin~
December 28th, 2008, 06:52 PM
the same thing just happened to me....................weird............

~RNC~
December 28th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Well thank goodness I thought my connector was going bad or something.

Ginji
December 28th, 2008, 06:54 PM
me too very weird today hmmmmm

~RNC~
December 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM
It's been happening since yesterday, for some odd reason!!
I can't believe you found this at the same time as me Ginji!!

Yamikarasu
December 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM
That happened to me yesterday when I tried to trade with my friend. I haven't been on today though.

foolfromhell
December 28th, 2008, 08:18 PM
what's happening with Kite Katsumi (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=70268) is exactly what is happening to me. Been going on yesterday and today. GTS works though.

MartinNFLFalcon
December 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I was trying to Battle my friend and it wouldn't work.
And yesterday I was trying to trade with Tac One and it didn't work :/

~Kavin~
December 28th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I hope it starts working by tomorrow.......

Kenshin5
December 28th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Its happening to me right now it takes forever to connect.

~Kavin~
December 28th, 2008, 08:51 PM
yeah it takes a long time to connect.........

Ex Trainer Ruiisu
December 28th, 2008, 10:22 PM
this has been happening to me and my friends too, i strongly believe this has something to do with nintendo going to platinum only wifi connections. Or so i have heard.

Yu_&_Rei
December 28th, 2008, 10:25 PM
yes this is happening to me too, maybe nintendo is having some issues

Haza
Yeah same thing here. It has happened before but they fixed it. Hope they will fox it soon.

CartoonJunkie
Maybe it has to do with a ton of people just getting the game for Christmas. I think the same thing happened with xbox live in the past.

minixfact
December 28th, 2008, 10:27 PM
nintendo is screwing up i playing battle revolution with someone and i got disconnected

Starway
December 28th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I believe from what I've read here (http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/f34/wifi-server-down-50147.html) is what seems the problem to your connection problems I bet.

~Kavin~
December 28th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I believe from what I've read here (http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/f34/wifi-server-down-50147.html) is what seems the problem to your connection problems I bet.

Nice find but dang waiting until january that sucks even if it's a couple of days lol

Starway
December 28th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Nice find but dang waiting until january that sucks even if it's a couple of days lol
Sorry, but in the mean time you can find other ways to play while you wait for Wifi to be fixed.

rabidwolf12
December 28th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Okay i'm sure people have already asked and that need a router or something. but how do i get on wifi. i mean i have wifi for my lap top but how do i get my ds or pbr on it?

AsugetRanzo
December 28th, 2008, 11:13 PM
All I had to do was reenter the access point info.
Then everything worked perfectly.
o.o;;

Yu_&_Rei
December 28th, 2008, 11:15 PM
umm apparently my Wii's wifi works fine

Eon-Rider
December 28th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Go downstairs in a Pokemon Center.